AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=56572)

Faux Mecha 2016-02-08 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 5774408)
Thank you. I am, however, looking for the naming schemes of the mookmobiles. Should've clarified that.

Gundam X's Space Revolutionary Army had their Suits named after the months of the calendar,
its a shame Bandai never made a calendar themed after each Suit. :heh:

Rising Dragon 2016-02-08 14:07

I hadn't noticed that before, but now that you've pointed it out, it's pretty apparent. Thanks. Does the opposing side also have a theme?

Main reason I'm asking this is 'cause I'm in the middle of developing an original Gundam story and lord in hell did I underestimate the amount of work needed for that.

ars89 2016-03-17 17:14

what is the gundam uc re:0096 anime that is debuting in the spring?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-03-17 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ars89 (Post 5804313)
what is the gundam uc re:0096 anime that is debuting in the spring?

It's Gundam Unicorn OVAs turned into TV series.

SonicSP 2016-03-18 12:28

Curious, have we received some sort of confirmation that IBO will end later this month? Aside from the DVD schedule really earlier on that mentioned it being around two cours that is.

Chibiloli 2016-06-03 06:54

Yeah, so what is that IBO manga all about and why does the astaroth look odd? Like it fapped too much with its left arm....

SonicSP 2016-06-03 11:43

Astaroth looks odd because all its original parts were stolen with only the Gundam Frame remaining. So it makes use of makeshift parts of other mobile suits instead while they try to find back the parts to restore Astaroth's original form.

kgrodriguez 2016-06-12 23:02

Any news on the supposedly OVA for Gundam Build Fighters/Fighters Try?

SonicSP 2016-06-16 01:34

It's coming in August. It will also be shown on TV.

http://gundam-bf.net/img/panel_gbftry.jpg

kgrodriguez 2016-06-29 20:05

Any reason why the other Gundam series rarely get sequels or have their universes expanded? Or at the very least, it feels like they don't even leave the door open for future expansions.

I'm currently watching Unicorn and it feels great to have this nods to the earlier events in said universe. Would be great to see sequels or spin offs of the other series.

monster 2016-06-29 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrodriguez (Post 5884352)
Any reason why the other Gundam series rarely get sequels or have their universes expanded?

They do, with manga.

SonicSP 2016-06-30 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrodriguez (Post 5884352)
Any reason why the other Gundam series rarely get sequels or have their universes expanded? Or at the very least, it feels like they don't even leave the door open for future expansions.

I'm currently watching Unicorn and it feels great to have this nods to the earlier events in said universe. Would be great to see sequels or spin offs of the other series.

Seed did get another four cours of TV series with Destiny. That's unprecendented by AU standards.

Other than that, it does occasionally happen like with Frozen Teardrops for Wing. But it probabaly doesn't happen often because the story more or less wrapped up and they probabaly would rather make more AUs with different directors expanding their vision into new their own worlds as opposed to expanding older ones (UC being the exception since it's their first and the one with the more pure lore and content).

I think if a show is popular enough, they will probabaly consider expanding more of it. I'm under the impression Seed for this treatment because it was super popular.

=======

On that note, I really did wish they would at least explain what happened next to the Gundam 00 characters right after the movie ended. They didn't even expanded on it much in sidematerials.

Rising Dragon 2016-07-12 20:52

Can anyone tell me where I can find summaries of the plots to the 00 sidestories, like 00P, 00F, 00I, etc? Asking for a friend, since he can't follow up on them due to a lack of translations.

SonicSP 2016-07-13 05:57

You could try Gundam Wikia, the summaries from the chapters look fine from what I can tell and I know it was fairly reasonably done and cited in general (for the 00 parts, I mean).

Although I should note that I'm a Gundam Wikia admin and do some citation work on quite a bit of 00 articles over the years, so maybe there's some bias in that recommendation.

If you want to look at some of the old later translations, you can also check here. They're all over the place though as opposed to being a summary.

http://z11.invisionfree.com/gundam00/index.php

There's also some similarly translations from mike_s6's livejournal though she hasn't updated them in awhile and is incomplete. Not seen her around much ever after she got married:

http://mike-s-6.livejournal.com/

GN0010 Nosferatu 2016-07-18 13:33

If there's one thing from 0080 I still haven't figured out, it's if the chain mine directly belong to the Kampfer. Because the Kampfer launched without it, miles from the base containing the Alex, and just kinda...finds it during the last moments of the fight.

Did the Cyclops team sneak the weapon on base?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-07-18 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 5901044)
Did the Cyclops team sneak the weapon on base?

To be more precise, the Cyclops team sneaked the weapons all over the city (or surrounding the EF base) prior to the event to help the Kampfer bring down Alex. Sadly, reality didn't go as smooth as their plan and Alex overwhelmed Kampfer and one-shot it before it can even use the planted weapons to maximum effects.

Chibiloli 2016-07-25 09:26

Yeah, how exactly is it that the Zaku 120Mm machinegun has trouble penetrating GM Armor whereas the Federation's Measly 90mm can down a zaku? And I think the Zeke's even made an 80mm machinegun?

Rising Dragon 2016-08-04 22:55

Does anyone remember what the name of the guy in charge of the Archangel's Murasame team was? I'm 95% certain he had a name, even as a throwaway. I'm pretty sure he's the guy who took down the Chaos Gundam.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-08-04 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 5914806)
Does anyone remember what the name of the guy in charge of the Archangel's Murasame team was? I'm 95% certain he had a name, even as a throwaway. I'm pretty sure he's the guy who took down the Chaos Gundam.

You mean the guy that Todaka trusted and ordered to bring the remaining Murasame team to Archangel out of Yuna’s BS? I believe his name is Amagi.

Rising Dragon 2016-08-04 23:29

Thanks, that was the guy I was thinking of. Though his rank is WAY too low for his station in the military.