AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Boku wa Tomodachi... (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107968)

Kairin 2011-10-31 00:18

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Speculation & Theories (for first time viewers)

This thread is aimed at first time viewers of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and its purpose is to allow spoiler free speculation and theories to be aired. Having them in a central location may help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads. If you are knowledgeable of the manga and wish to speculate or discuss theories, then please do not post in this thread (use the Spoiler & Speculation Thread) and do not give away any spoilers in this thread!

Unacceptable post topics:
  • Any form of spoiler from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai light novel or manga.

Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Magazine previews are an exception to the said rule. You are allowed to discuss those. (Properly labeled spoiler tags required).

christinemarie 2011-10-31 14:57

Spoiler for Theory mostly about my ideal character:Yozora:

relentlessflame 2011-10-31 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by christinemarie (Post 3834676)
Episode 01 Yozora pretended to be talking to an imaginary friend as she knew Kodaka would return to fetch his bag later, so he could start a conversation with her and she hoped that he would remember her, which is tackled again in episode 03. It seems she created that friendship club just to make Kodaka to be with her alone, the coded poster of friendship is one reason, she hopes no one would read but Rika did in episode 04.
Episode 02 showed me that Yozora is dumb or pretending dumb sometimes when she left the room to search for Akari (2d character from the game) to seek revenge, but that explains she deeply cares about this friendship issue.

(not putting spoiler tags because none of what you said is a spoiler at all)

I don't know... if she just wanted to start a conversation with Kodaka, I don't think she would have needed to make up such a bizarre excuse and go through such trouble. They were childhood friends, after all. She's clearly hurt that he doesn't remember her and his breaking his promise might have caused a bit of "trauma". But, she does have an eye for him so that's why she talked to him rather than just storming off.

I prefer to think that the whole Tomo-chan thing is genuine, and the Friendship Club is rather genuine as well. I mean, if she just wants to be Kodaka's friend again, what benefit is there to her to "appear" so eccentric? She could have just made up any other excuse. So I think her "search for Akari" is part of that eccentricity, along with the "coded" poster (that worked multiple times despite Kodoka's expectations to the contrary) and all that is just part of the show's craziness.

Now, whether she recognized that forming the club was a good excuse to get close to Kodaka after he suggested it... that part I can definitely buy. It's clear that she wants to be friends with him again (at the very least), but doesn't really know how to go about it, so this is her sort of her roundabout way. At least, that's how I've seen it. I guess it's a bit more literal.

Rozen Van Kaizer 2011-10-31 17:25

So this whole club thing doesn't really show "Just as planned by our tricky and smart Yozora" to get her friend back but more of a sign of Yozora's weakness. She probably is bad at planning and keeping things together. This also explained how most of their club activities end up chaotic. The club could probably be Yozora's bad choice or there could be something more. There could be an even bigger reason why she built this club other than Kodaka.

Its weird that there hasn't been much history between Sena and Kodaka specially both their parents not only knew each other but are pretty close too, provided that Kodaka was recommended by their parents to that special school.