AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Claymore (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Claymore Chapter 99 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89775)

Shiek927 2009-12-28 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newhope (Post 2840949)
What's the betting Yagi does the scene switch to something else for a month or two before we get too see Claire getting pounded.

HAH, no doubts there. He won't be able to resist :heh:

Shooot, and the next month, and the next month....enjoy this moment while it lasts, because we may not see what happens for a loooong time :rolleyes:

--

A bit funny though about the flashback in the beginning, going on about how she no longer was ruled by her flesh...and yet she's like that now and has no problems with it.

--

I really hope we'll see something more on Riful and Dauf though...it just doesn't seem worthy of them, her at least. Isley's death was so powerful, she should get the same treatment....

But again, she's no longer in the forest, but in the battlefield...which means.....

Gangsta Spanksta 2009-12-28 00:09

Now wait, if all of priscilla's potential can be released from awakening, whose to say Clare's wouldn't if she did. :D Possible pounding.

Shiek927 2009-12-28 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta (Post 2840955)
Now wait, if all of priscilla's potential can be released from awakening, whose to say Clare's wouldn't if she did. :D Possible pounding.

Well, that's what I expect; this is Claire's big moment, she has no reason to hold back for anyone or anything. The odds are extremely likely now that shes going to fully awaken.

But of course, like Newhope said, don't get too excited. We're bound to see different stuff for awhile to get us angry and filled with hype :heh:

Gangsta Spanksta 2009-12-28 00:23

:) who says I'm getting too excited. ;) just raising a point that clare pounding though possible isn't an automatic. But we yet to learn what the mistake that Rafa was talking about.

Zwei 2009-12-28 00:25

That was a short chapter. It could have extended Priscilla's past with Raki a bit more. Priscilla seems unstoppable now. She took out both Riful and Dauf in mere seconds, like she wasn't even trying.

Shiek927 2009-12-28 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zwei (Post 2840981)
That was a short chapter. It could have extended Priscilla's past with Raki a bit more. Priscilla seems unstoppable now. She took out both Riful and Dauf in mere seconds, like she wasn't even trying.

Well, like Newhope said, New Years Eve chapters are always short, to be expected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gangsta
who says I'm getting too excited. just raising a point that clare pounding though possible isn't an automatic. But we yet to learn what the mistake that Rafa was talking about.

I almost forgot about that; I'm very curious about this fatal mistake of hers...

Who knows, if she fully awakens, maybe she already made it.

elyK 2009-12-28 00:29

Ah, just got a look at the new chapter:

1) Clare sure is a light switch; from calm to needing to be put on suicide watch in the blink of an eye.
2) Deneve and Helen have no idea that the s*** just hit the fan, I love it
3) Priscilla sure can cover some ground in a hurry; she would make a killing as a pizza delivery lady or post-woman.
4) She also takes the crown as Claymoreverses' resident comedian.

Aimless 2009-12-28 00:41

Riful! NO!

Well... at least it's a better death than Isley or Lucy were given. After all, she did in encounter, in quick succession, the third, second and first strongest creatures currently alive in the manga leading up to her end. I can forgive her for not surviving that.

It was also quite gratifying to see what Prissy had to say about Raciela's power level compared to her own.

Gangsta Spanksta 2009-12-28 00:58

Very interesting. Priscilla stop feeding by her own choice, not because Raki told her to. Something about Raki made her remember her human side, but I guess once he is gone she turns back into the devil.

Shiek927 2009-12-28 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless (Post 2841014)
Riful! NO!

Well... at least it's a better death than Isley or Lucy were given. After all, she did in encounter, in quick succession, the third, second and first strongest creatures currently alive in the manga leading up to her end. I can forgive her for not surviving that.

It was also quite gratifying to see what Prissy had to say about Raciela's power level compared to her own.

While I can forgive, and honestly, pin in more toward Yagi's favoritism, I wasn't impressed. It was as quick as this chapter.

There was no build-up at all; Isley's death at the least, gave us indication it was coming. But the last 5 chapters has had this back-and-forth deal where we keep thinking she's gonna die, but then it started looking she was gonna live -_-

Their was no build-up, no final moments, no last words, no nothing....Isley's death was tragic, powerful and fitting for someone on his level...by the time I comprehended what seemed to happen to Riful, she was already on the battlefield.

Frankly, as stupid as this is gonna sound, I still think it's not over for her yet. Otherwise, I'm just gonna say ".....is that it?".

Quote:

Originally Posted by gangsta
Very interesting. Priscilla stop feeding by her own choice, not because Raki told her to. Something about Raki made her remember her human side, but I guess once he is gone she turns back into the devil.

you know, that was surprising too. Up till now, I always believed it was Raki calling the shots, and she stopped because her devotion to him was stronger then her hunger. At the same time, It's not too surprising she healed mentally after meeting him...

Which means, she probably remembers her life up till her awakening in pieces...which means she may remember Claire who she's about to meet.

Gangsta Spanksta 2009-12-28 01:04

Shieky, you forget Yagi's style. I've been hearing this since last month about no build up for the death. That alicia and beth were just killed to quickly. :b It makes me think that people just forget about the war of the north, and that it is yagi's style to kill a bunch of people quickly, with no buildup, once the killing spree starts. This isn't something new. This is just like the war in the north.

Edit: btw, both Dauf and Riful died after calling Prissy a Bitch. So maybe it is a bad idea to insult Prissy. :D

revan5 2009-12-28 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiek927 (Post 2841053)
While I can forgive, and honestly, pin in more toward Yagi's favoritism, I wasn't impressed. It was as quick as this chapter.

There was no build-up at all; Isley's death at the least, gave us indication it was coming. But the last 5 chapters has had this back-and-forth deal where we keep thinking she's gonna die, but then it started looking she was gonna live -_-

Their was no build-up, no final moments, no last words, no nothing....Isley's death was tragic, powerful and fitting for someone on his level...by the time I comprehended what seemed to happen to Riful, she was already on the battlefield.

Frankly, as stupid as this is gonna sound, I still think it's not over for her yet. Otherwise, I'm just gonna say ".....is that it?".

You know I could say a lot of things, but I think I'll keep things simple. Where is MisterJB's gloating to Riful lovers about her final demise? I keep expecting to see him post on that subject!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiek927 (Post 2841053)
you know, that was surprising too. Up till now, I always believed it was Raki calling the shots, and she stopped because her devotion to him was stronger then her hunger. At the same time, It's not too surprising she healed mentally after meeting him...

Which means, she probably remembers her life up till her awakening in pieces...which means she may remember Claire who she's about to meet.

Hey, speaking of remembering, does anyone remember that court case in the "Saints of Priscilla" group where the defense lawyer argued she'd been redeemed and was therefore no longer a threat? That she'd fundamentally changed and was therefore okay to release into the "wild"? You know what I was wondering? I was wondering when that defense lawyer was going to fess up that the prosecution was right all along about the abomination known as Priscilla...

So much for that "redeemed" theory...

Shiek927 2009-12-28 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta (Post 2841056)
Shieky, you forget Yagi's style. I've been hearing this since last month about no build up for the death. That alicia and beth were just killed to quickly. :b It makes me think that people just forget about the war of the north, and that it is yagi's style to kill a bunch of people quickly, with no buildup, once the killing spree starts. This isn't something new. This is just like the war in the north.

I suppose...but who died at Pieta? a bunch of secondary characters who, while popular, didn't have the overall affect and influence that Alicia and Beth had, or Riful. Jean nevertheless though, managed to get a big moment for herself before she died.

Alicia and Beth, to me, was a good death because they fought for eachother out of their love for eachother, beyond the Organization's control. I can understand the lack of build-up people felt though.

I guess I can understand that Priscilla is a walking Pieta, meant to eliminate who's no longer necessary for the future of the story, but it still feels lacking...:(

Oh well, I get it; I guess her death is no different then Flora's, or Veronica's, or Undine's.

Quote:

Edit: btw, both Dauf and Riful died after calling Prissy a Bitch. So maybe it is a bad idea to insult Prissy.
I found it pretty cool though how she said she was thinking the same thing :D

Cyclone 2009-12-28 01:11

No - Riful is over :(
Sad but true.
The FH translation attributes the villagers as not being tasty - I think it's wrong.
The villagers were "nowhere near enough" - Riful is the one who "wont be tasty [but given the circumstances, I'll put up with it]".
If Priscilla is already with Clare, it means she's finished snacking on our dear loli.

Strangly, it may be the one thing that saves Clare, Helen and Deneve. If the "loli a la carte" was sufficiently filling, then it's possible that Priscilla just wants to talk to Clare and has no reason to kill her (or the two others)

Gangsta Spanksta 2009-12-28 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by revan5 (Post 2841066)

Well, didn't pay attention to the court case. But Prissy is very similar to someone who needs medication to fuction. Without Raki she turns evil, with Raki she chooses on her own to be good. It wasn't him who told her to stop feeding actually.

elyK 2009-12-28 01:15

Well Riful's "death" did have a build up, of course it depends on how you look at it I suppose; first you had the abyss feeders, then Beth and Alicia, then the Destroyer's first wave, then Alicia again, finally Priscilla. She was damaged in each encounter and could have died in each of them as well. It's one of those scenarios where she was involved in dangerous/risky situations, she got the better end of the deal in four of them, it was only a matter of time until she was gonna end up on the not so desirable side of things.

Shiek927 2009-12-28 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone (Post 2841069)

Strangly, it may be the one thing that saves Clare, Helen and Deneve. If the "loli a la carte" was sufficiently filling, then it's possible that Priscilla just wants to talk to Clare and has no reason to kill her (or the two others)

I agree; I've been wondering why the purpose of the flashback in the beginning; why remind us that Priscilla gave up her hunger if shes the exact opposite now, it'd be like stating the obvious: Until I read that part about her memories

I feel it's foreshadowing, that she wants to talk to Claire about Raki possibly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revan
You know I could say a lot of things, but I think I'll keep things simple. Where is MisterJB's gloating to Riful lovers about her final demise? I keep expecting to see him post on that subject!

Frankly, he's probably gonna be just as disappointed as me. Knowing him, he probably expected something much more gruesome...

Then again, theirs crying(again), and their's pain, lots of it...yeah, I'm sure he'll be satisfied :heh:

Quote:

Hey, speaking of remembering, does anyone remember that court case in the "Saints of Priscilla" group where the defense lawyer argued she'd been redeemed and was therefore no longer a threat? That she'd fundamentally changed and was therefore okay to release into the "wild"? You know what I was wondering? I was wondering when that defense lawyer was going to fess up that the prosecution was right all along about the abomination known as Priscilla...

................Ya lost me.

What's to "fess up"? Did you read the first page? :heh:

I think that spells everything out pretty nicely

Quote:

Originally Posted by elyk
Well Riful's "death" did have a build up, of course it depends on how you look at it I suppose; first you had the abyss feeders, then Beth and Alicia, then the Destroyer's first wave, then Alicia again, finally Priscilla. She was damaged in each encounter and could have died in each of them as well. It's one of those scenarios where she was involved in dangerous/risky situations, she got the better end of the deal in four of them, it was only a matter of time until she was gonna end up on the not so desirable side of things.

The part that I don't like though, is that she survived each of those encounters, and as time went on, it seemed more and more likely she was gonna make it out of there after all....

But apparently, that didn't end up happening *shrug

iLney 2009-12-28 01:16

OK the stage the set. Next main character: Clarice :D

Gangsta Spanksta 2009-12-28 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiek927 (Post 2841068)
I suppose...but who died at Pieta? a bunch of secondary characters who, while popular, didn't have the overall affect and influence that Alicia and Beth had, or Riful. Jean nevertheless though, managed to get a big moment for herself before she died.

What affect did Alicia and Beth have exactly? They were quite boring characters with absolutely no possibility of character development since they were robots. Many of those who died in Pieta contributed moer to the story than Alicia and Beth could have.

Riful, it pains me to say it, but her time was over. :( This chapter makes me sad, but I will not be like some of those people who threw a tantrum when Isley died. Once Riful became less and less powerful, there was a point where she was too week to be a meaningful villain for the story anymore.

Quote:

I guess I can understand that Priscilla is a walking Pieta, meant to eliminate who's no longer necessary for the future of the story, but it still feels lacking...:(
It still is yagi's style of writing. He kills quickly, without mercy.

Cyclone 2009-12-28 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiek927 (Post 2841075)
I agree; I've been wondering why the purpose of the flashback in the beginning; why remind us that Priscilla gave up her hunger if shes the exact opposite now, it'd be like stating the obvious: Until I read that part about her memories

I feel it's foreshadowing, that she wants to talk to Claire about Raki possibly.

I've been syaing this for 3 chapters now - she wants to kill Raciella, and for that she needs to power up.
Priscilla has no idea that the Clare that Raki was persistantly going on and on about is right in front of her (afterall, there is no evidence Raki knew about Teresa, etc).
The only reasons she would show up before Clare's group is either she wants to continue snacking, or she senses Teresa inside Clare.
For Clare's, Deneve's and Helen's sake, let's hope it's the later.