AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Genshiken 2 (Nidaime) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=97671)

Gundam Meister 2010-09-21 13:50

Genshiken 2 (Nidaime)

So a sequel series as been confirmed

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...s-genshiken-ii

So what are all your thoughts about this announcement

i myself think this are awesome news

Klashikari 2010-09-21 13:53

Although it would be a bit hard to keep Genshinken group as a whole, I just hope the author won't forsake Harunobu and co.
At least, more Kanako teasing (bullying?) Chika, and Saki forced to deal with all of them :heh:

konart 2010-09-21 14:12

It's a trap!

I did see it coming after one-shot chapter.

Master Chibi 2010-09-21 14:17

Nice to hear, considering how Madarame got fucked over.

Freeter 2010-09-21 16:52

If it's not about Madarame and Saki, I'm not interested. Ogiue's new group (sans Sue) failed to impress.

ZODDGUTS 2010-09-21 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeter (Post 3258241)
If it's not about Madarame and Saki, I'm not interested. Ogiue's new group (sans Sue) failed to impress.

Maybe Madarame will show up once in awhile because of Sue, who seems to visit him at least shown in that one-shot. Who knows maybe they'll hook up.

Milfeulle9001 2010-09-21 20:11

Read this earlier today.

Definitely good news, though I don't know what to expect.

Haesslich 2010-09-21 20:48

Hato showing up in the sequel means one thing, in my books:

Traps fix everything. ;)

kenjiharima 2010-09-21 21:29

As long as I see Ono again Iam A-ok with it.
Also again the new Fat guy looks alot like Kouta Hirano the Hellsing author.

Nosauz 2010-09-21 21:53

Ugh... Genshiken was a perfect little world, and I just feel like this new group in the oneshot was rather terrible, all the magic ala saki madarame, kanji and the gang just seemed right yet this new group is off, most likely due to the fact that it has hold outs from the old series. If it had a completely new cast and made it so that they re invent or rediscover the genshiken it would be great, but if it's anything like the oneshot, I think i'll cry and disown this mutant freak baby.

Kanon 2010-09-22 12:24

As long as I get more Oguie and Sue, I'm fine with it. The new members also failed to impress me in the one shot chapter but it may just be because we didn't see much of them. I'm sure the author can make them interesting.

Either way, this is a great news!

Knight Hawk 2010-09-22 15:25

I hope HOPE the author gives Madarame some love in this sequel, his conclusion was rather depressing. Maybe Sue will give him some love. :p

Other then the trap, i have high expectation for Yoshitake since she reminds me of Hiyori Tamura from Lucky Star. :D

Shiroth 2010-09-22 15:37

Personally i don't think we need another Genshiken, though i'm not going to pass up on spending time with this wonderful series again. I expect it to focus on Oguie and the new bunch, and shall include special appearances from the old cast from time to time. That should balance out quite nicely.

Daniel E. 2010-09-22 15:40

Made a post in the other thread and didn't spot this one. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeter (Post 3258241)

Saki returning would make the whole thing worth it for me.

Even if they focus on new characters, I want some of the old feel to somehow return to this new series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth
I expect it to focus on Oguie and the new bunch, and shall include special appearances from the old cast from time to time. That should balance out quite nicely.

Yeah, pretty much expecting the same.

kujoe 2010-09-23 07:49

Well, I'm a bit lukewarm or maybe cautiously optimistic with this piece of news.

The original Genshiken ends in a good note, like watching a bunch of friends reach a coming of age of sorts and move on. The author practically frames it as a graduation. Genshiken's comedy is smart in the sense it focuses on the tension between 'normal' people represented by Saki and the otaku, while infusing it with experiences that others can relate with.

What's this new Genshiken going to be about? If it's just going to be the comedic tales of otaku stereotypes, then we've already seen that one way or another in other works.

But perhaps the author feels that going this route is a safe bet, if he feels that trying to capture the old spirit of the first series to be daunting or limiting.

Gundam Meister 2010-10-25 00:02

The First chapter out and i must say i like it very much

Freeter 2010-10-25 00:07

Still not feeling the new crew. At least Sue was still Sue (and rocked a Shinobu cosplay, niiiice :cool:).

Good thing Madarame's still around. Gives me some hope that Shimoku might eventually bring the focus back on him.

Shiroth 2010-10-25 04:01

I'm warming upto the new members, though it will take a while until i'm really feeling them. Crossdressing Hato-kun is very nice though. Sue (nice cosplay) and Kucchi are the same as always :p. Of course what made the chapter was Madarame's appearance at the end. I laughed so hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeter (Post 3313973)
Gives me some hope that Shimoku might eventually bring the focus back on him.

I highly doubt it will happen, though i'd love to see it.

Kanon 2010-10-25 08:52

Shinobu cosplay! Sue rocks. Too bad she didn't go all the way.

As for the new members: I like Hato and the cutie, but not the manly girl. Manly girl just keeps whining about everything. Yes, as you can see, I didn't bother learning their names yet.

SidVicious 2010-10-25 14:08

Loved the first chapter and Madarame is awesome. :D