AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Spice and Wolf (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Spice and Wolf - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=61320)

Pellissier 2008-01-23 07:41

Spice and Wolf - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Spice and Wolf, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

tabun 2008-01-23 08:17

Huzzah! Its own forum, after all!

As embarassing as it may be, It takes quite an effort for me not to lose the context of the show; however, I like it nonetheless. And now, even if it's only episode #3, there seems to unfold some greater plot... I am intrigued even more, now ;)

Also, I am looking forward to the discussions in this here forum!

Westlo 2008-01-23 09:02

I liked this episode the most out of the 3 released, it kept the fun interaction between the two leads going as well as advancing the plot. I got a chuckle at how blunt Lawrence's money exchanger friend was too. 9/10.

noob3d 2008-01-23 09:06

Yosh!!~spicy sub-forum lol:p Episode 3 was a real eye opener.I never knew trading was so intriguing.

Spoiler for for episode 3 and thoughts:

So far this show has a good blend of everything including humour which is a very good thing.I don't think the lack of action/violence is needed(like some people I know of who think otherwise).Too bad I dont have time these few days to do a more comprehensive review on my blog..

Khaos 2008-01-23 09:15

Liked that ep very much. It's a bit hard to follow those economy-stuff, but it's interesting to learn something about some basic principles.

But, Ep.4 preview...aww, too short and intriguing! One week can be a long time.

Liingo 2008-01-23 09:42

Wai, sub-forum.

Just watched ep 3, and as the others have said things are starting to move. It'll be interesting to discover what it is that Lawrence thinks is going to happen in the next episode.

Crazy how Horo ended up getting 50% more out of the merchant than the intial final offer... Looks like she'd be fine earning her keep. The scene where she had her bread was nice. Yay cheesy mouth. It was cute :D

Looking forward to the next episode

Irenicus 2008-01-23 10:20

Smart wolf. :p

I never knew Renaissance mercantilism is such an adventurous pursuit. Intriguing, exciting, and we still get our dose of weekly character interaction despite that!

Next episode's preview is, well, interesting...

Spoiler:

Khaos 2008-01-23 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 1357691)
Spoiler:

Spoiler for :

FlareKnight 2008-01-23 10:43

Yay for Sub-Forum. First time my large posting managed to pay off :D.

Really was an enjoyable episode. Horo shows what she is made off and really helps to make some money. Plus was pretty handy in helping to figure out what the plot was. Very cute watching her try and focus to figure out all the currency. Then just falling back onto the bed and soon asleep :).

Horo really is something, makes trading pretty interesting.
Spoiler for Preview:

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2008-01-23 11:43

i felt like i was in economic class again,and meh,econs to me is boring.But they make it interesting here.

What's with the preview anyway?So short

Child_of_Sierra 2008-01-23 12:05

All the talk about money and its changing values didn't feel boring at all.

Just realized how risky it must be in their world to trade when so many people/countries/towns print their own money. Lawrence's tactic of carrying goods only (in ep1) makes more sense now than his initial reason of not wanting to carry money.

Cyz 2008-01-23 12:07

Screenshots and summary of ep. 3 courtesy of Random Curiosity. Look at it at your own risk!

--> Oh and congrats on this anime for having its own forum. Horo has power :nod:

Spectacular_Insanity 2008-01-23 12:10

This was just a fun episode to watch. I thought it was funny when Horo ate all the apples by herself... though I did wonder how she didn't make herself sick from all that.

FlareKnight 2008-01-23 12:36

Really makes sense in a few ways to not go around carrying money. By going with goods you can go into a town, get the currency that works in that area, get what you need and then move onto the next place. Plus not a very tempting target for robbers since I doubt trading is their skill.

Horo really was protective of her apples :). While she took human form, maybe as a reflection of her enjoying food her stomach is a bit larger than a normal persons. Since anyone else would be ill after eating all that.

Bonta Kun 2008-01-23 13:43

Very nice ep indeed, got a blushing Horo and a jealous Lawrence:p

Horo and apples = most adorable thing ever!!:love:

Horo at learning currency = most adorable thing ever!!:love:

Horo = most adorable cutey ever!!:love:

and no matter what I don't seem to get bored of the ED, its just sooo good to wacth or listen to

Deathkillz 2008-01-23 14:00

Yay sub forum! ^^

Was pretty funny watching lawrence getting owned again (even more so when I actually understand what is going on...zomg 200! he was about to let out a girly scream then :heh:). Eye for an eye I guess, after what he did with the apples...poor whiny horo :heh:

The preview shot is very mysterious - could be some good drama ;)

Grimkill7 2008-01-23 14:11

Another fantastic episode. I just love how Horo is like a child, but at the same time she more than earns her self-proclaimed title of "Horo the Wise". Lawrence's jealousy and episode 4's preview certainly make one speculate. I'm betting it's not what we think. Them going for a real kiss this early on would be pretty surprising, although I would definitely appreciate it.

Pirate 2008-01-23 14:17

That episode 4's preview sure got me excited :) And i thought that Horo would be the one to take the initiative..

Masanori Ota 2008-01-23 14:27

Episode 3 is now available on Veoh, for those who can't or don't want/like to torrent.

Skyfall 2008-01-23 14:50

Another episode, and this show continues to prove its worth as solid quality material. All the trading and currency business was interesting to follow, as was watching Horo earn her keep and make Lawrence gap at it. Sure seems her (no doubt self-proclaimed) title of "Horo the Wise" is not just for the show :) Lawrence sure has managed to get a very promising (not to mention cute and spunky :)) business companion. No doubt Horo is not the only one who can learn something from the journey. Speaking of which, she looked absurdly cute when trying to remember the coin names.

Some display of jealousy for Lawrence ... and Horo proves once more to be very perceptive. I especially liked her "males are stupid and jealous. And females are stupid to be happy about it" line :) (Does that mean she was happy about that display of jealousy ? ;)).

The preview looked "interesting" to say the least ... they might be fooling with us, but who knows. Either way i am looking towards the next episode - among all the shows i am currently following Spice and Wolf has reinforced its position as the most enjoyable one.