AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

maknaedik 2011-09-28 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3783879)
LOL

My back log is pretty bad isn't it... :heh:

And to think that Bandai might (I hope) get us a MG Exia R2, MG Astraea, SD Astraea, etc.

>_<

I hope they give us a few more 00 series kits.

Among the kits you've always been saying for several pages already, what I actually want is MG Astrea, but the type-f and f2. Well, obviously because it's red :)

suiton629 2011-09-28 19:31

Well for now, we have the 1/100 No Grade Astraea (white). I think that it would be cool if we got the MG Astraea (white) but had the weapons & parts to make it Type F and F2... Sort of like the HG 1/100 Tallgeese that was release a long time ago...

But the most important thing is for us to get the MG Astraea, and if you want to make it into Type F and F2, then you can paint & pla-plate it. =)

And I still want that SD Astraea and MG Exia Repair 2.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-09-28 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3783868)
About the Alex, I actually haven't watched that OVA yet, even the MG IGLOO. I'm planning on watching them, but have no such time at the moment. I think that Duel's Assault Shroud was based on Alex's armor right?

About your unbuilt kits. I think you should built that MG Char's Zaku of yours. It's a good kit. It's kinda playable too coz the articulation is solid. ;)

You should watch the Gundam 0080 OVA. It's a good OVA if you like UC universe. As for IGLOO......well, I've seen them. In my opinion, IGLOO has a very good story. It's too bad that Sunrise (or whoever producing it) decides to make the characters 3D which often turn me off. The characters often got what you called 'over-reacting' gestures and 'too-dramatized' facial expression. Also, it doesn't helps that the characters eyes always look 'dead' to me, although not as bad as Barbie movies. :(

Yeah, I think that Duel's Assault Shroud is heavily inspired by Alex's armor.

maknaedik 2011-09-29 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3784008)
About your unbuilt kits. I think you should built that MG Char's Zaku of yours. It's a good kit. It's kinda playable too coz the articulation is solid. ;)

You should watch the Gundam 0080 OVA. It's a good OVA if you like UC universe. As for IGLOO......well, I've seen them. In my opinion, IGLOO has a very good story. It's too bad that Sunrise (or whoever producing it) decides to make the characters 3D which often turn me off. The characters often got what you called 'over-reacting' gestures and 'too-dramatized' facial expression. Also, it doesn't helps that the characters eyes always look 'dead' to me, although not as bad as Barbie movies. :(

Yeah, I think that Duel's Assault Shroud is heavily inspired by Alex's armor.

I know that Char's Zaku si great. I have J.Ridden's Zaku 2.0, you can see that in my blog, and I can see that it has a good articulation. Though the armor hinders it to bend 180.

I got the idea of DuelxAlex from here: http://dalong.net/review/seed/s6/p/s6_33.jpg LOL!

@xxnike629xx I actually want Reborns first. 00 Gundam needs a partner :)

Znozzy 2011-09-29 04:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3783973)
Well for now, we have the 1/100 No Grade Astraea (white). I think that it would be cool if we got the MG Astraea (white) but had the weapons & parts to make it Type F and F2... Sort of like the HG 1/100 Tallgeese that was release a long time ago...

But the most important thing is for us to get the MG Astraea, and if you want to make it into Type F and F2, then you can paint & pla-plate it. =)

And I still want that SD Astraea and MG Exia Repair 2.

tbh, sometimes i wish bandai would just release more add-on parts for kits, like R2 pieces for the exia or say, broken addon parts for the MG freedom.

o well, they did release hands (don't honestly know if they do?) for around the same price as NG 1/100 kits, lol.

i really want to get MG Astraea though, hopefully they go balls deep on the accessories aswell and add everything including legpistols and that GN hammer.

... sort of like strike noir, but .. the 00 version. lol

i think im going to buy 2 more loto kits, for a 8 loto kit diorama, opinions?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-09-29 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3784351)

Are you going to have enemies for your Lotos in your diorama? If so, what would it be? Geara Zulus or Dreissens? It'll be nice if you show Sinanju slaughtering those Lotos. :D

suiton629 2011-09-29 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3784351)
tbh, sometimes i wish bandai would just release more add-on parts for kits, like R2 pieces for the exia or say, broken addon parts for the MG freedom.

o well, they did release hands (don't honestly know if they do?) for around the same price as NG 1/100 kits, lol.

i really want to get MG Astraea though, hopefully they go balls deep on the accessories aswell and add everything including legpistols and that GN hammer.

... sort of like strike noir, but .. the 00 version. lol

I think they should release:

MG Exia R2
MG Astraea
SD Astraea

1. Exia R2 would be very easy since they need to take the existing Exia, and add the armor parts and weapon for the R2 form
2. Astraea... They just need to MG-ify it from the No Grade.

* If they did MG-ify the NG Astraea, I think they would probably add the F and F2 "upgrade" pieces or at the least just release a MG Astraea (MG from the HG Astraea), and then later release an F and F2 No Grade 1/100 with the weapons) to maximize profit for them while minimizing cost...LOL

Besides, they can sell more LED units for the R2 and they already (finally) have those 2 LED sets that they're gonna be normally carrying.

suiton629 2011-09-29 10:27

For those interested, there are some new pix of the MG Full Armor Unicorn Gundam ver. Ka...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CacfydaVhJ...nE/s1600/4.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Mury7Sgd60...WA/s1600/3.jpg

Well, maybe not so new, but the quality is at least much better. :D

Znozzy 2011-09-29 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3784461)
Are you going to have enemies for your Lotos in your diorama? If so, what would it be? Geara Zulus or Dreissens? It'll be nice if you show Sinanju slaughtering those Lotos. :D

there wont be enemies, but i plan on buying a few GM 3's and Jesta's to accompany them.

image the lotos as vehicle's supporting from the backline with 1-3 being shot down, and the Jestas/GM 3's being in frontline fighting, it'll be a onesided diorama made to suit a rectangle shaped " ground " battlefield in a Oceanic diorama, with sand, a few trees and water nearby (with the assault coming from the ocean), it's going to be a somewhat big diorama, 1m x ½m big.

when i can afford it i'll make something to suit the opposite side of the force, with one acguy atleast and the rest i havent decided yet, i'll post pictures once it's done, but its prolly going to be a month or two before its done.

Nike: yeah, it'd be nice if they actually released more kits in the 1/100 scale in general :x like Geara zulu and Jegan's.

But their economy is preventing that i belive, it'd be cheaper for them to just release the add-on prices via B-Club or something like that and charge more than the actual Exia MG kit itself.

and not to mention the R2 only showed up for 5? minutes total, and i dont think the HG sold enough to warrant a MG kit of it.

suiton629 2011-09-29 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3784739)
there wont be enemies, but i plan on buying a few GM 3's and Jesta's to accompany them.

image the lotos as vehicle's supporting from the backline with 1-3 being shot down, and the Jestas/GM 3's being in frontline fighting, it'll be a onesided diorama made to suit a rectangle shaped " ground " battlefield in a Oceanic diorama, with sand, a few trees and water nearby (with the assault coming from the ocean), it's going to be a somewhat big diorama, 1m x ½m big.

when i can afford it i'll make something to suit the opposite side of the force, with one acguy atleast and the rest i havent decided yet, i'll post pictures once it's done, but its prolly going to be a month or two before its done.

Nike: yeah, it'd be nice if they actually released more kits in the 1/100 scale in general :x like Geara zulu and Jegan's.

But their economy is preventing that i belive, it'd be cheaper for them to just release the add-on prices via B-Club or something like that and charge more than the actual Exia MG kit itself.

and not to mention the R2 only showed up for 5? minutes total, and i dont think the HG sold enough to warrant a MG kit of it.

1. The amount of sales the HG Exia R2 did should have no bearing on if they're gonna make a MG or whatever.

2. A MG Exia R2 would mainly be a re-release of the existing MG Exia, take the GN Sword 2 blade part from the MG 00 Raiser, mold a few new armor pieces for the shoulder & legs & new GN Drive... On top of that, the can advertise and sell more of those LED units. =P I think Bandai finally realized that a lot of people like those LED units, which is why they're now selling them as regular items in a box with 2 LED units. So if we get a MG Exia Repair 2, Bandai will most likely not include LED units and simply write on the box "LED Units Sold Separately" in Japanese.

3. Exia Repair showed up for less screen time than the Exia Repair 2, yet Bandai included the few parts needed to change MG Exia to MG Exia Repair through the MG Exia Ignition Mode kit.

4. 00 Qan[T] showed up in the movie very briefly. Yes it is the final, lead suit, but I'm just saying since you made that argument about not being on screen for too long... LOL

5. 00 Raiser 7 Sword G did not even appear on the anime, and it has an SD, HG, and MG kit...along like resin versions, metal build versions, etc.

Aside from all that, I still wish Bandai would make a MG Astraea and SD Astraea...

Chiu_fan 2011-09-29 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3784746)
1. The amount of sales the HG Exia R2 did should have no bearing on if they're gonna make a MG or whatever.

Actually it does. More or less the sales of a particular kit for them tells Bandai if it is a popular release. If the sales are really good, then they'll eventually make more of it(in different versions, scales, etc).

Quote:

2. A MG Exia R2 would mainly be a re-release of the existing MG Exia, take the GN Sword 2 blade part from the MG 00 Raiser, mold a few new armor pieces for the shoulder & legs & new GN Drive... On top of that, the can advertise and sell more of those LED units. =P I think Bandai finally realized that a lot of people like those LED units, which is why they're now selling them as regular items in a box with 2 LED units. So if we get a MG Exia Repair 2, Bandai will most likely not include LED units and simply write on the box "LED Units Sold Separately" in Japanese.

I think the main reason why they chose to sell 2 LED units as a regular item now is because a lot of people are disappointed that they only got 1 for the 00 Raiser, none for the 00 Qan[T] and the regular Exia.

Quote:

3. Exia Repair showed up for less screen time than the Exia Repair 2, yet Bandai included the few parts needed to change MG Exia to MG Exia Repair through the MG Exia Ignition Mode kit.

The Repair I was included in the Ignition Mode release of Exia because people loved the R1 when it was first seen in trailers. I even saw a lot of modelers converting their 1/100 and 1/144 kits to look like the R1. And obviously Bandai saw that as a marketing opportunity.

Quote:

5. 00 Raiser 7 Sword G did not even appear on the anime, and it has an SD, HG, and MG kit...along like resin versions, metal build versions, etc.

One answer: it's just that popular. And to think the 00 S7 now has a RD, HG 1/144, MB 1/100, MG 1/100 and SDs.

Quote:

Aside from all that, I still wish Bandai would make a MG Astraea and SD Astraea...

Could you please stop repeating that you want those suits to be released already. It's starting to get annoying that I have to read those wishful thinking of yours in nearly every single page.

On a different note. I wanna ask to those who have the MG Destiny: How, strong is the connection of the backpack to the body? And is the display base with it that reliable? Seeing as mount to the base is used on the backpack, it made me worry that it may eventually fall.

suiton629 2011-09-29 13:11

I don't have the MG Destiny as you probably know, but from what I've heard from people, the thing that the MG Destiny and MG Strike Freedom (both regular and their Full Burst/Extreme Blast variants) is that they have weak joints and connections.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-09-29 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3784801)
...the thing that the MG Destiny and MG Strike Freedom (both regular and their Full Burst/Extreme Blast variants) is that they have weak joints and connections.

Compared to MG 00, yes, S Freedom MGs have weaker joints, but it doesn't mean that their joints & connections are bad. Not at all. Also, it won't be a problem since all they have to carry are just beam rifles & beam swords. ;)

Anyway, I can't say anything about MG Destiny's backpack since I only own MG S Freedom.

Appel 2011-09-29 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3784918)
Compared to MG 00, yes, S Freedom MGs have weaker joints, but it doesn't mean that their joints & connections are bad. Not at all. Also, it won't be a problem since all they have to carry are just beam rifles & beam swords. ;)

Anyway, I can't say anything about MG Destiny's backpack since I only own MG S Freedom.

i agree. the joints are a tiny bit weak but still strong enough to hold all poses!

by the way, did you guys take a closer look at the new image of the FA unicorn? we are actually getting two of those halberds^^

Znozzy 2011-09-29 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3784801)
I don't have the MG Destiny as you probably know, but from what I've heard from people, the thing that the MG Destiny and MG Strike Freedom (both regular and their Full Burst/Extreme Blast variants) is that they have weak joints and connections.

the polycaps in the armjoints on the MG Destiny gets looser over time, but they wont break, using both arms for posing with the sword is fine though, i wouldn't say there is any issues other than that

suiton629 2011-09-29 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3784924)
the polycaps in the armjoints on the MG Destiny gets looser over time, but they wont break, using both arms for posing with the sword is fine though, i wouldn't say there is any issues other than that

I see..

Eh~ Not that I would get those kits since pretty much everyone here now knows my love for the 00 series... :heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:

suiton629 2011-09-29 15:43

Some new shots of the RG Freedom...

Znozzy 2011-09-29 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3784782)

On a different note. I wanna ask to those who have the MG Destiny: How, strong is the connection of the backpack to the body? And is the display base with it that reliable? Seeing as mount to the base is used on the backpack, it made me worry that it may eventually fall.

the backpack is rock-solid attached.

Quote:

4. 00 Qan[T] showed up in the movie very briefly. Yes it is the final, lead suit, but I'm just saying since you made that argument about not being on screen for too long... LOL

1. it does

2. alot more parts for R2, new molds, only thing that's the same is the inner frame and a few other parts. Not to mention it isnt as popular as R1, making a MG stark Jegan/Jegan/Jesta would be alot better:)

3. read above

4. Lead suit for the movie, great kit sales, of course it gets a MG, or are you kidding with that reply? it's a pretty dumb one, lol

5. popular design, just like the Hi-Nu, crossbone(s), Musha (1+2), Red/Blue frame's, Kämpfer, Gouf custom, Zeta plus, Johnny's Custom zaku 2

suiton629 2011-09-29 18:35

Still need a MG Exia R2, MG Astraea, and SD Astraea...

Znozzy 2011-09-29 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3785135)
Still need a MG Exia R2, MG Astraea, and SD Astraea...

kitbash a regular one to a R2 if you want it so much? and do the same for Astraea (even though the NG 1/100 is near MG quality in both articulation and weapons)