AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Fatty Chalupa 2005-12-28 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron

You know, you can tell the difference with the box, my Strike Freedom has a slightly raised box for the extra runners of the stand, and the box has a distinctive side and backing. Where did you buy your Destiny? did the seller say if it was normal edition or 1st? To me, they're supposed to, like HLJ says for the Strike Freedom kit, although I remember that Destiny does not have the same message that SF has.

By the way, if you want a 1st edition SF, I got mine on ebay :)

I live in California where I have been blessed with a plethora of model stores. It was my fault for not asking whether or not the model was a 1st release. Thanks for the info!

BTW though, the open hands that come with the model never seem to hold its armor (the armor that holds the beam shield). The clenched fist seem to fit just right as opposed to the open hands which just drop their armor as soon as you move it. Anyone else have this problem?

mangatron 2005-12-28 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatty Chalupa
I live in California where I have been blessed with a plethora of model stores. It was my fault for not asking whether or not the model was a 1st release. Thanks for the info!

BTW though, the open hands that come with the model never seem to hold its armor (the armor that holds the beam shield). The clenched fist seem to fit just right as opposed to the open hands which just drop their armor as soon as you move it. Anyone else have this problem?

Hey thats nice, have you got Strike Freedom, or do you plan to? A seller on ebay is in California and he has the 1st edition.

Oh, and if you read the first part of my previous post, you'll see that I have problems with my SF's open hand as well. Yours drops the armor, mine can't even stay firm in the wrist polycap.... I guess the open hands have their defects lol...

DarkWarrior 2005-12-28 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron
By the way, do you have any more info on where you found this out, like a website or something?

Unfortunately no, I was browsing another forum when someone mentioned that you could send an e-mail to Bandai to get replacement parts. I was pretty skeptical at first, but it turned out to be true. :D

But I'm curiously though. For those people who got the normal edition of Strike-Freedom and Destiny, could you request the stand as a replacement part from Bandai? I'm not sure how many pieces the stand is, so if it's more than 4 I guess that's not possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj898
I've decided to make Zaku as part of ground troop and Gundam as one of unofficial ground test unit sent to Earth for field test purpose... haven't thought of its designation number - probably RX-78-0 or RX-78-1 assuming Feds somehow managed to salvage the damaged Gundam prototype and sent to Earth for field evaluation after patched up. :p

I've yet to decided the type of armour and colour scheme though I'm leaning towards the GM Ground type desert scheme...
for Zaku I may ditch the olive altogether and opt for dark brown with heavy weathering simulating the unit has been on the field for extended period went thru numerous battles with not much of repair job in between...

for the base I'm torn between city or desert...
of course making desert will save me a lot of time compared to city where I will have to case the base and broken up to simulate the broken asphalt surface - may even need the bigger base to put the building??? Nah! that will be too much of work... Either way I will have to decide this weekend what type of base I will make...

if anyone have any suggestion feel free to comment. :D

From the pictures, I can see that it's coming along nicely. :) But as someone suggested earlier, it looks like the armor has been snapped off on the legs and such. I don't know if this is possible, but you could put the armor back on and make huge holes in it, exposing the inner frame. I don't know if I'm making sense, since I've never done anything like this before. :)

And a city base would be awesome, but you're right, it'll probably be too much work. Not too mention a brown color scheme wouldn't fit in a city setting.

Fatty Chalupa 2005-12-29 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior
But I'm curiously though. For those people who got the normal edition of Strike-Freedom and Destiny, could you request the stand as a replacement part from Bandai? I'm not sure how many pieces the stand is, so if it's more than 4 I guess that's not possible.

When you first told us about the email thingy that was the very first thought that came into my mind. :D But I guess they would need proof that something happened in the form of a picture of something. :(

Edit: Just found out the stand is composed of 7 pieces. (Damn it! :heh: )

OmegaZEROCustom 2005-12-29 04:35

I used that when I lost a polycap to my Wing Gundam 1/100 model. But instead of just the single polycap, they sent the entire polycap sprue to me.

I'm wondering if they will accept a request for 2 parts from 2 different models...my Aegis 1/100 has a damaged peg on teh left arm, and my 1/60 Impulse has a damaged wing on the Force Silhouette.

dj898 2005-12-29 06:24

i don't know anyone's following - if not I will stop posting till it's finished... :P

some minor update on Gundam - I cut off waste for better pose and in the process of more substantioanl damage on its right chest armour panel...

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9...07811fl.th.jpghttp://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7...07829yq.th.jpghttp://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8...07809df.th.jpg

Nesty 2005-12-29 15:05

a suggestion that i'd make for ur gundam dmg would be for teh right leg to place back the white casing, then have it with major bullet dents since with the armor, it kinda looks like it was just taken out so that we can see the interior.

right chest, add some dents to it :) it looks too "clean" compared to huge blown opening that it got ;)

keep it up, it's coming along nicely

dj898 2005-12-29 17:22

thanks for the suggestion...
the chest area I will build the internal frame like PG and the cover hatch will be put in back after some major blown up mod...

for the leg I like the exposed skeleton :P
I will see how it looks like if I put littl bit of left over armour on the frame before I decide...

this is still very much early stage of in-progress - I will probably need spend a lot more time before I get the damages look right - I based the damag model on the frame drawing of PG manuals...

mangatron 2005-12-29 23:43

I can't believe on ebay, there's a seller ripping images off Dalong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BANDAI-SEED-STRI...QQcmdZViewItem

Dalong's SF: http://211.233.38.221/dalong/seed/le1/le1_i.htm

And that ebayer has bad photoshop skills, I see the errors right away :mad:

I wish ebay had a report button on there...

dj898 2005-12-29 23:53

they do.
you can file with the item# and reason though it's up to eBay whether get off thei lazy ass and do something about...

dj898 2005-12-30 03:17

quick test fit of Gundam and pose variation for Zaku...

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/8...07845zf.th.jpghttp://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7...07852oe.th.jpghttp://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1...07877nt.th.jpg

Nesty 2005-12-30 12:44

haha that gundam of urs in that pose gives off a "omg why meeeee!" feeling XD

pastfox 2005-12-31 03:33

Guys check this guy's gundams. I like how he made them :) http://www.dannychoo.com/galleries/eng/ its a fun place to go and look at stuff too.

dj898 2005-12-31 07:20

ok.. complete overhaul of Gundam...
it now has fully posable waste...

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/3...08004sl.th.jpghttp://img501.imageshack.us/img501/3...08021gy.th.jpg

theOtherGuy 2005-12-31 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastfox
Guys check this guy's gundams. I like how he made them :) http://www.dannychoo.com/galleries/eng/ its a fun place to go and look at stuff too.

I've never outlined my models before...finally just bought my black fine tip recently. I was wondering, how do you guys make your outlines so crisp and nice (like his... :D ) I did a few test runs on some SD models and I tend to sort of...blotch it. Looks all runny and junk. So how do you guys do it?

portgas D ace 2005-12-31 17:32

Quote:

I've never outlined my models before...finally just bought my black fine tip recently. I was wondering, how do you guys make your outlines so crisp and nice (like his... ) I did a few test runs on some SD models and I tend to sort of...blotch it. Looks all runny and junk. So how do you guys do it?
have patience, a good eye, and something to help erase it when you mess up, and last but not least.... practice.... or you could just hire someone to do it for you :P

MrNotalk 2005-12-31 22:03

You can also use a 0.5 or 0.7 lead pencil to do your panel lines....

theOtherGuy 2006-01-01 02:21

Hmm....lead pencils....

tetsuo69 2006-01-01 03:00

i'm thinking of getting

1:400 Meteor Uint (SEED DESTINY) http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp.../section-toys/

1:100 Destiny Gundam http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp.../section-toys/

MIA Strike Freedom Gundam http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp.../section-toys/

now i'm asking is it worth getting this for this price?

Syn13 2006-01-01 04:58

Not models but my D-Formations arrived!! Its too bad I couldn't find Blast Impulse and Lunamaria's Zaku.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...105-000004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...105-000905.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...105-234913.jpg
Sword Impulse Seed the Hyper series figure arrived to:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...205-212327.jpg

And back on to the topic, built my Strike Freedom...wish I got the original Freedom instead:

pastfox 2006-01-01 05:17

Danny Choo also has a tutorial on Gundam Modeling and such. The whole Tutorial is Not really in the beginning process but its different things to know. He was one of those guys who wont outline his gundam or do other stuff to them cuase of the price on the gundam but he took his chance and look at his gundams now there great! Heres tutorial for gundam modeling!

http://www.dannychoo.com/gallery_the...r+Busy+People/

viper 2006-01-01 14:02

MG Zeta 2.0 is out! Preliminary photos up at dalong.net of the sprues.

mangatron 2006-01-01 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper
MG Zeta 2.0 is out! Preliminary photos up at dalong.net of the sprues.

I've been waiting for him to finish up to determine if I should go ahead with the purchase lol.

/me has MKII Version 2 thanks to dalong lol...

kobun 2006-01-01 16:23

iv never really tried makers buy i went to big lots, and got a SD gundam gp03D for 3 bucks cool little modle. But was wondering what size sharppie is used for the lines?

Shinji103 2006-01-01 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron
/me has MKII Version 2 thanks to dalong lol...

I must obtain the Gundam Mark II MG 2.0 :D I only have the MG Super GUndam kit. Is the MG 2.0 docking-able with the MG G-Defenser from the MG Super Gundam kit? (it should have a latch or hook of some kind on the backpack) I doubt it, but it would be nice. :) If not, they'd have to make an MG 2.0 G-Defenser for the MG 2.0 Mark II. :D The MArk II is my most favorite Gundam design of all time. :D

DarkWarrior 2006-01-01 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper
MG Zeta 2.0 is out! Preliminary photos up at dalong.net of the sprues.

It's been out since 22nd of December. At least, that's when mine shipped.

I should get it sometime next week.. wish I had a digicam though, can't put up pics. ~_~

portgas D ace 2006-01-01 19:15

Quote:

1:400 Meteor Uint (SEED DESTINY) http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp.../section-toys/

1:100 Destiny Gundam http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp.../section-toys/

MIA Strike Freedom Gundam http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp.../section-toys/

now i'm asking is it worth getting this for this price?
hmmm.... i say no to the 1:400 meteor(get the 1:144 SEED one)
destiny is OK but i sugest you wait untill the MG one comes out... i doubt itll be that long till it comes out
and the MIA strike freedom is OK... just dont get the 1:100 one... it sucks(if you REALLY like strike freedom then get the 1:60 flash edition.... a bit pricey but its the best of the SFs)

srb 2006-01-01 19:27

Tetsuo, plajapan.com should have the limited edition Destiny still in stock, if you want the stand.

I used Gundam Markers for the first time today. Pretty decent, the paint runs a bit more than I'd like it to but it's manageable. Not really suitable for painting a SEED NG though, there's too many hard to reach nooks and crannies due to the low number of parts.

dragonmagician 2006-01-01 22:30

Does anybody know how much import duty/other fees are when I purchase from www.hlj.com shipping to Ontario, Canada? I just bought a HG Legend and HG Infinite Justice from my local shop for $36 CAD each, but I see it for $15 CAD each at HLJ. Would adding shipping and other fees make it more expensive?

And how about PlaJapan.com? Has anyone from Canada purchase anything from them? Does it actually have no import duty if I buy from them as they claim on their website?

I really want the HG Destiny and the upcoming HG Akatsuki.

Thanks.

MrNotalk 2006-01-02 00:48

HLJ does show the price for shipping , it's just below the price of the item. Add it together will give you a total. Shipping oversea does cost a arm and a leg.

If they claim no import fee then there will be no import fee. but when they do that, they mostly label it as Gift.

viper 2006-01-02 02:58

HLJ shipping is surprisingly cheap. Its most definately gonna cost more than buying from a domestic mail order place, but it isnt as expensive as most people think. Something around the size of 2 MGs should cost about $13 US if you use SAL.

MrNotalk 2006-01-02 07:20

but sal seem to take pretty long, over 1 month and you can't really track it.

mangatron 2006-01-02 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNotalk
but sal seem to take pretty long, over 1 month and you can't really track it.

Yeah, it the reason why I used EMS recently....but the shipping cost cost twice the total of the purchase. I spent $20+, and after all that was said and calculated, HLJ sent me the total price and the shipping was $40+! :eek:

So, my experience, if you can wait 1 month, save a few paychecks. But if you want to buy a months savings of waiting, then shell out the money.

money = time and vice versa, after all :heh: :heh:

theOtherGuy 2006-01-02 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastfox
Danny Choo also has a tutorial on Gundam Modeling and such. The whole Tutorial is Not really in the beginning process but its different things to know. He was one of those guys who wont outline his gundam or do other stuff to them cuase of the price on the gundam but he took his chance and look at his gundams now there great! Heres tutorial for gundam modeling!

http://www.dannychoo.com/gallery_the...r+Busy+People/

Look at that eraser, guess he misses too! :D Yeah..I wish...


Quote:

Originally Posted by Syn13
And back on to the topic, built my Strike Freedom...wish I got the original Freedom instead:

Which size is that?


Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNotalk
but sal seem to take pretty long, over 1 month and you can't really track it.

I just ordered a MG Aile Strike and took about 20 days to get to me (California, USA).

dj898 2006-01-02 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by theOtherGuy
I've never outlined my models before...finally just bought my black fine tip recently. I was wondering, how do you guys make your outlines so crisp and nice (like his... :D ) I did a few test runs on some SD models and I tend to sort of...blotch it. Looks all runny and junk. So how do you guys do it?

you can use the black thin'd down and let it flow along the panel lines...
you can wipe out any excess using cotton tips... this of course assuming the base colour doesn't react to the type of paint you are using for the panel line...

or you can just draw the line using gundam marker and rubbing off any excess using rubber easer if you aren't going to paint the rest of kit...

do bit of experiment to get the feel for it before you actually do on your kit though...

Copy Ninja Kakashi 2006-01-02 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by theOtherGuy
Look at that eraser, guess he misses too! :D Yeah..I wish...



Which size is that?



I just ordered a MG Aile Strike and took about 20 days to get to me (California, USA).

I have ordered by HLJ and the longest period I ever had to wait (with SAL) was 14 days (Netherlands)

dj898 2006-01-02 18:25

in case anyone's wondering...
there's not much for update.
was bit busy with shopping with missus and all... Sad

anyway here's quick painting on the frames that I'm working on....
maybe I will repaint the whole thing in silver and weather in reverse - silver - metal grey - gun metal - burnt iron - oil ?

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/57/p10508068lr.jpg

dj898 2006-01-02 19:08

believe I saw someone mentioned about these on automobile modelling forum somewhere but while I was at the local fabric/craft sho with missus I came across these...
now if I don't mistaken these look like excellent substitute for braided line for 1/100 scale Gundam kits...

also bought some metallic bead for experimenting...

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9611/p10507971ym.jpg

these were fairly cheap and if you buy 'em in bulk you even get the discount...

theOtherGuy 2006-01-03 02:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj898
you can use the black thin'd down and let it flow along the panel lines...
you can wipe out any excess using cotton tips... this of course assuming the base colour doesn't react to the type of paint you are using for the panel line...

or you can just draw the line using gundam marker and rubbing off any excess using rubber easer if you aren't going to paint the rest of kit...

do bit of experiment to get the feel for it before you actually do on your kit though...

That's why I'm practicing on an SD kit before I move up. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj898
in case anyone's wondering...
there's not much for update.
was bit busy with shopping with missus and all... Sad

anyway here's quick painting on the frames that I'm working on....
maybe I will repaint the whole thing in silver and weather in reverse - silver - metal grey - gun metal - burnt iron - oil ?

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/57/p10508068lr.jpg

Wow, that metal look looks REALLY authentic. Great job with it. Can't wait to see the finished product. :D

Optimaximal 2006-01-03 05:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103
I must obtain the Gundam Mark II MG 2.0 :D I only have the MG Super GUndam kit. Is the MG 2.0 docking-able with the MG G-Defenser from the MG Super Gundam kit? (it should have a latch or hook of some kind on the backpack) I doubt it, but it would be nice. :) If not, they'd have to make an MG 2.0 G-Defenser for the MG 2.0 Mark II. :D The MArk II is my most favorite Gundam design of all time. :D

apparantly the latches are identical


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.