AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   K-On! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   K-On! - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80806)

Pellissier 2009-04-23 05:20

K-On! - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for K-On!, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Peanutbutter 2009-04-23 05:22

The obligatory beach/swimsuit episode. :heh:

Ithekro 2009-04-23 10:00

Yuri goggles on standby.

Justin Kim 2009-04-23 10:01

Finally it's going to come out on subs? Can't wait...*squeals*

Nochgo 2009-04-23 10:21

Ugh, I can't wait =_= This is the first series I actively waited for the raws as well as the subs. Well, maybe that has to do with my japanese being alot better now, but ugh, can't wait...

Ithekro 2009-04-23 10:33

I was like this for Minami-ke. The need to see K-On! is not as great as wanting to see Minami-ke, but having read ahead (something that I didn't do for Minami-ke), I want to see these next three or so episodes fairly badly.

MeoTwister5 2009-04-23 10:37

We could always use moar obligatory swimsuits, especially Yui and Mio.

*nodnodnod*

Kana Futayo 2009-04-23 10:39

Beach + Moe is win!
Can't wait for the subs which is 14 hours (earliest) from now. :heh:

EDIT:

heh, looks like I was right. :heh:

Sheba 2009-04-23 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 2357689)
I was like this for Minami-ke. The need to see K-On! is not as great as wanting to see Minami-ke, but having read ahead (something that I didn't do for Minami-ke), I want to see these next three or so episodes fairly badly.

Mio-san Is Amazing?

Ithekro 2009-04-23 12:06

Let's just say the "Broken" will be pleased....though no traps, other things are present.

vandakiara 2009-04-23 13:23

so... no one's seen the episode yet? O.o
that's odd - usually at this time there are about 3/4 episode summaries floating around the episode thread...

Or didn't it air yet? well, according to the time in Japan it should have already so... is anything wrong? D:

vedicardi 2009-04-23 13:30

I hope everyone here is joking about the beach stuff XD

If not, I guess it won't hurt to have two episodes of the same nature one after another, but if the 5th isn't at all progressive, my hopes will be crushed lul

vandakiara 2009-04-23 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by vedicardi (Post 2357965)
I hope everyone here is joking about the beach stuff XD

If not, I guess it won't hurt to have two episodes of the same nature one after another, but if the 5th isn't at all progressive, my hopes will be crushed lul

what's wrong with beach? :p

and just because there's beach involved doesn't mean that there's no progress you know? ;)

Bonta Kun 2009-04-23 13:48

HELL YEAH!

My long awaited beach ep is here!

I just hope they keep the little bit with Ritsu and Mio in:heh:

Kinny Riddle 2009-04-23 14:15

*Jaw drops*

Mio's moe meter has now gone...
Spoiler for CAPS and emoticon spam:

Mio already had a mass moe-appeal because of her personality from the manga, but Kyo-Ani somehow, whether intentionally or not, amplified it a hundred fold, without even having to make her OOC at all.

If their usual "critics" slaughter them for it, it'll probably mean they've done something right. :cool:

The part with Mio strangling Ricchan near the end somehow reminds me of Yomi-onee-chan from Ga-Rei turning to the Dark Side for some reason. *whistles*

vedicardi 2009-04-23 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandakiara (Post 2357975)
what's wrong with beach? :p

and just because there's beach involved doesn't mean that there's no progress you know? ;)

Well there's not much you can do with a band at a beach that will still have something to do with the band part of the band if that makes any sense XD

But I guess there's a "chance" or whatever, we'll see.

Kristen 2009-04-23 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle (Post 2358062)
*Jaw drops*

Mio's moe meter has now gone...
Spoiler for CAPS and emoticon spam:

Mio already had a mass moe-appeal because of her personality from the manga, but Kyo-Ani somehow, whether intentionally or not, amplified it a hundred fold, without even having to make her OOC at all.

If their usual "critics" slaughter them for it, it'll probably mean they've done something right. :cool:

The part with Mio strangling Ricchan near the end somehow reminds me of Yomi-onee-chan from Ga-Rei turning to the Dark Side for some reason. *whistles*

I hope it's actual moe this episode. She was just the subject for moeness, since she sung the ED song. I don't really think she's as moe as Yui or Ui JUST yet.

serenade_beta 2009-04-23 15:06

Spoiler for ep4:

Kaioshin Sama 2009-04-23 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by vedicardi (Post 2358071)
Well there's not much you can do with a band at a beach that will still have something to do with the band part of the band if that makes any sense XD

But I guess there's a "chance" or whatever, we'll see.

This series hasn't really been about the music since the end of episode 1 when the girls had their little jam session. That was also the last time I can remember thinking this show was going to focus much on the musical aspect of things any time soon. I mean it's practical that they are working the moe angle of the girls, because that's how you turn a character concept into a money maker these days (though honestly I prefer solid character development), but what about the music? It's becoming increasingly evident that this is a show that is about the moe long before it's about the music.

Oh well........BEACH EPISODE!!!!!!! This is a moe comedy show after all, so no matter what the actual premise you've gotta find the time to have at least one. This being Kyoani it's probably going to have a lot of those jarring animation quality up sequences that they seem especially fond of throwing into beach service episodes. I think I'll actually be watching this one tonight.

By the way, I honestly wouldn't concern myself to much with the idea of them practicing each and every episode in order to improve as a light music group. If the last episode where Yui went from a 12 to a 100 on her algebra (in one nights studying right near the end of the episode no less) is any indication, then in the world of K-On there is quite possibly no amount of improvement that can't be had within the span of one episode by simply hanging out, eating cake, doing moe things, drinking tea, eating cake, and showing a tiny bit of effort being put towards the task. K-On doesn't even require a montage it's just like:

Novice Ability
Eat Cake and Hang Out
Moe Antics
Vague hint that there's some practice going on
????????
Master Ability

So yeah I have no doubt at this point that they'll get to the level where they can play at the festival within the span of 13 episodes if that is indeed where this is going to end up.

Ithekro 2009-04-23 18:49

I get the feeling it will be sooner than that. Maybe two concerts (since it does have a music flavor, it would make sense to have more than just one concert)

As for this episode...fanservice plus some hint at them practising as a group...plus potential yuri-like moments and foreshadowing.