AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fullmetal Alchemist (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 34 Discussion/Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=88880)

White Manju Bun 2009-11-29 00:02

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 34 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 34.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

K_Babyy 2009-11-29 02:11

Sloth!!

I really hope this doesn't feel rushed, like the past episodes, I would hate to get that feeling while they're at Briggs! That's the one place they shouldn't cut things out of. It looks like they're going back to covering 2 chapters per episode, so we'll see.

Vlyse 2009-11-29 05:43

They covered 1 1/2 chapters strangely ending on the climax of the Sloth battle. I'm guessing another 1 1/2 next episode based on the preview.

Also, there should be some new music by now. The pieces now are getting noticeably old (even for me, someone who doesn't pay attention to it). Other than that, it was a very enjoyable episode.

Haladflire65 2009-11-29 12:48

Yeah, I agree with Vlyse on the music. Where did the tracks from Roy vs. Lust go? I really liked those.

Other than that, pretty good episode. Olivier is again astounding me with her awesomeness.

xellos2099 2009-11-29 13:40

Love the red eye grow part.

Vicious108 2009-11-29 15:14

A perfect episode IMO. Unlike the last couple of episodes, no filler scenes were added, and also none were skipped and we got an ideal pacing of 1.5 chapters covered.

Animated Olivier once again proves to be simply awesome, and so does Miles, especially since he's really being voiced by one of my favorite seiyuu, Kazuya Nakai.

And speaking of seiyuu, was that Fumihiko Tachiki as Sloth? If so, awesome, cause the voice is spot-on for the character.

velocd 2009-11-29 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Twilight (Post 2791491)
and so does Miles, especially since he's really being voiced by one of my favorite seiyuu, Kazuya Nakai.

Miles seiyuu is awesome, I didn't expect to hear Kazuya Nakai in FMA.

Shiroth 2009-11-30 06:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by velocd (Post 2791516)
Miles seiyuu is awesome, I didn't expect to hear Kazuya Nakai in FMA.

It's a dream come true for some of us. :D

Quote:

And speaking of seiyuu, was that Fumihiko Tachiki as Sloth? If so, awesome, cause the voice is spot-on for the character.

Yeah it is. I laughed so much that it's so damn perfect.

White Manju Bun 2009-11-30 19:32

Quote:

and so does Miles, especially since he's really being voiced by one of my favorite seiyuu, Kazuya Nakai.

That was awesome, the moment he spoke I screamed Hijitake!!!

Great episode, I love Sloth.

Shiroth 2009-11-30 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 2793768)
Great episode, I love Sloth.

You mean Hasegawa. :p

Rika24 2009-12-01 00:02

well, horrible sub aside, this was a great episode, loved the pace. hopefully they'll keep this up :D

forgottendiary 2009-12-01 06:55

Awesome episode. Left me OoO until the end!

kitten320 2009-12-01 10:43

Somehow Sloth's design doesn't suit... Even though he doesn't speak much and actually fell asleep, being so huge, strong and tough doesn't really suit... Just who on earth will be like this when they are lazy to do anything? even work out.

Being water based suited Sloth theme somehow more...

Shiroth 2009-12-01 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten320 (Post 2794630)
Somehow Sloth's design doesn't suit... Even though he doesn't speak much and actually fell asleep, being so huge, strong and tough doesn't really suit... Just who on earth will be like this when they are lazy to do anything? even work out.

He's not even human, so i don't see why that matters at all.

AddiKtioNn-BlaCk 2009-12-01 13:11

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2794664)
He's not even human, so i don't see why that matters at all.

Even if they are not human. The homunculus usually have designs and personalities that fit their nature.

Gluttony is the deadly sin of over-consumption, so the homunculus Gluttony is a fat-ass that eats everything.

Lust is the deadly sin of excessive thoughts or desires of a sexual nature (which I engage in pretty often), so the homunculus Lust is a seductive woman.

And so on with the others.

rigaldo 2009-12-01 15:32

brilliant as ever ! I'm just wondering how pride is going to look like afterwards

ChronoReverse 2009-12-01 17:02

Sloth is precisely being able but not utilizing the ability. Besides, the actual abilities of the homunculous aren't directly tied to their names, just their personalities. What does envy have to do with shapeshifting (and being massive), lust with cutting, greed with armor, wrath with reflexes, etc.

White Manju Bun 2009-12-01 18:21

I think Sloth's look fits him perfectly because youre expecting this big giant thing to be a massive wrecking ball of rage and instead he's slow and kinda whiny (in a he didnt like digging way) so its a good balance of what you see to what he's really like. Like ChronoReverse said he's able but doesnt want to be.

I think all Homunculi names fit their persona's prefectly.

GDB 2009-12-01 19:01

Quote:

How exactly does a tentacle jellyfish monster make more sense than a juggernaut?

Noe 2009-12-01 21:48

So we finally see Sloth.