AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Winter Sonata (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=24213)

GustaveElazul 2004-11-23 10:22

Winter Sonata

~truncated~

donna8157 2004-11-23 23:26

It's a really great series and Choi Ji Woo and Bae ... have great chemistry on screen together. The story was touching and pulled at your heart strings. I highly recommend it =d

The director also did another series called "Autumn Tale", another tearjerker.

seiftis 2004-11-24 10:29

I didn't watch it when it aired here couple of years ago, but since my friends and all other people here were crazy about it... guess it must really be good then (+ touching storyline)

BTW, it's 'Bae Yong Jun' :D

donna8157 2004-12-01 00:02

The synopsis from YesAsia.com

"In this drama Joon Sang (Bae Yong Joon) voluntarily transfers to a new high school in search for his biological father. Yoo Jin (Choi Ji Woo) and Sang Hyuk (Park Yong Ha) have been good friends since they were children, but Sang Hyuk wants to be more than just her friend. But Yoo Jin falls for the mysterious Joon Sang instead and opens his heart. Just as their love was starting to grow, Joon Sang comes to the startling realization that his dad is not Sang Hyuk's dad, but is Yoo Jin's dad. "

Both Yoo Jin and Joon Sang make a promise together to meet each other on New Year's Day. Yoo Jin waits and waits, but Joon Sang never comes. The next day she finds out that Joon Sang was involved in a car accident and died on impact. She is devastated.

10 Years Later

Yoo Jin has grown and now works in architecture design and planning. Not only that, but she is engaged to her childhood friend, Sang Hyuk. On the day of their engagement party, Yoo Jin sees a guy on the street that looks strikingly similar to Joon Sang. Who is he? Is he the same man that she had fallen in love with 10 years ago?

I thought the series was incredibly well done and well thought out. The background music added a lot of emotion to the dialogue/scenes. It was lovely and this is definitely one of those dramas that you will not forget.

It's become a hit in the entire Asias: Korean, China, Taiwan, and Japan. It's a must-see.

20 Episodes in Length.

Scrumhalf 2004-12-01 02:27

Sounds great guys, I'd like to get in touch with this series. If it isn't licensed, can anyone PM me any group that have released episodes for Winter Sonata?
And what is the official website of this series?

Cheers.

donna8157 2004-12-05 08:23

Get it here

www.d-addicts.com

4F0ur 2004-12-07 12:03

almost all the popular korean drama are as good as this wintere sonata...
i personally dont like bae that much( he's okay)
i would recommand you go watch more K drama before you spend 94USD to buy this serise

if you want it just as a collection..then it's fine

if you just want to know the story...then find some fansubs