AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

firefox 2012-09-20 06:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalsePrime (Post 4359899)
Woah now Mr/Ms.

AGE is dog shit on a stick, but Woolf was easily the best thing that show has, not to mention his suits are totally Gundam versions of Prime Mode Ultra Magnus, you can't hate on that.

I've seen 14 episodes of AGE so far (sorry, going very slow). The show is not perfect, i agree it aint SEED or 8th MS team, but it not bad. I love the fact that it's another story then before, not the colonies vs earth or the intervention stuff. It goes abit fast and the fact that their are 3 parts with alot of time in between (25 years!) does bother me. I do liek teh fact that there is realisme in MS design, you so don't have a whole new range of new MS after 2 years! MS are built to last quite a while.

I like the simplicity of the Earth forces MS. I like the weirdness of the vagan suits, but their transformation could have been better done and more meaningfull. The show is full fo references towards older shows, personaly i don't think that's nessessary, but it's a nice feature.

As for Woolf, his MS are great, i liek teh white suits, even if i do not liek white as a color. But to compare him to that horrible white version of Ultra Magnus....Yak!!!! Ultra magnus best reincarnation was in Animated and the bot mode in Prime is not bad either when he had some color! The only white is ugly! Looks like a dead optimus prime! To bad they didn't do a better job either with the alternity version of him i would have bought that if it had more color..

bio9205 2012-09-20 07:10

Stay on topic guys, there's an AGE discussion thread for this.

On a side note, do you think Bandai is done with AGE HGs after the Fortress, with the drought of kits in the third arc compared to the first and second arcs?

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-09-20 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4360636)
Stay on topic guys, there's an AGE discussion thread for this.

On a side note, do you think Bandai is done with AGE HGs after the Fortress, with the drought of kits in the third arc compared to the first and second arcs?

I hope not. There a still some kits I would like to get. But I wouldn't be surprised, if the Fortress was the last kit in the line :(

FalsePrime 2012-09-20 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4360613)

As for Woolf, his MS are great, i liek teh white suits, even if i do not liek white as a color. But to compare him to that horrible white version of Ultra Magnus....Yak!!!! Ultra magnus best reincarnation was in Animated and the bot mode in Prime is not bad either when he had some color! The only white is ugly! Looks like a dead optimus prime! To bad they didn't do a better job either with the alternity version of him i would have bought that if it had more color..

Not really the place so lets keep this short and just say I disagree, I love the white/blue/green color scheme.

As for the topic, now that I have G Bouncer I'm pretty much done with the line as far as HG's go.

None of the rest of the suits really do anything for me and none of the characters are enough to make up for what I think to be ugly designs. What I do hope for is that when the AGE HG line does end that we will finally see a CC or AC/MC HG line introduced and finally get some modern quality HG's from Turn A/Wing like we did with G and X.

Also, it might not sell the best, but if you can't give me a MG DX at least let me have a HGAW DX please Bandai.

helois 2012-09-20 15:38

i always like custom gunpa by hobby no toriko:


suiton629 2012-09-20 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 4360636)
Stay on topic guys, there's an AGE discussion thread for this.

On a side note, do you think Bandai is done with AGE HGs after the Fortress, with the drought of kits in the third arc compared to the first and second arcs?

In terms of HG from Age, we need:

Age-1 Flat w/ Zefuld Launcher Launcher
Age-1 Flat Glansa w/ Glastron Launcher

I think then we'll be done. Then all we need to do is wait for MG to come out.

derrickmc63 2012-09-20 16:08

i just finished with my custom g bouncer, i hope i did a good job considering that this my first paint job

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092000164.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092000162.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092000158.jpg/

X207 2012-09-20 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4360160)
I know what you mean and I totally agree.
I have a tendecy to buy more kits than I have time to build. >_<

The same for when I buy video games. Ugh~ It sucks not having like 24-7 to just play videogames and make GunPla... It'd be nice. But that's part of life ya know?

for me its Gundam kits, books i acquire and buy and various television shows. i have nearly 10 books i have to read but dont take the time to do so. models also suffer from procrastiantion heavily. but i tend to do decent amounts of work on the kits when i feel in the mood to do so. i have an interest in buying Deathscythe hell custom and one of those green Bawoo but i know it'll take a long time to get to them should i buy them. i build the ones in the same order i purchase them for the most part. though i went ahead with the 100 Nebula Blitz to get rid of the biggest job and the Quanta and full saber will be done together.

the 100 repaint isnte even the biggest one i have on the list as once the MS are done i'll need to assemble/glue a 1/72 SU-47 Berkut (swept forward subsonic jet) model before even painting. if im lucky i'll be able to do that in 10 years given my current pace.

what annoys me the most is i cant stand those stickers though i do use the eye stickers. the rest i paint to replace the stickers that are supposed to be used. if it wasnt for that id have completed the kits long ago.

Infinite Zenith 2012-09-20 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by derrickmc63 (Post 4361207)
i just finished with my custom g bouncer, i hope i did a good job considering that this my first paint job

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092000164.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092000162.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...092000158.jpg/

That's pretty impressive: was the clear part painted over or just left as it was?

derrickmc63 2012-09-20 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn (Post 4361262)
That's pretty impressive: was the clear part painted over or just left as it was?

i left it as it was

GN0010 Nosferatu 2012-09-21 01:25

Life is good.

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/vi...extra=page%3D1

FalsePrime 2012-09-21 01:52

More SEED RD's.

Really hope they take a break from SEED and Wing soon. Not to even hate but they are just tearing through the Wing/SEED like there is no tomorrow. Need something to spread them out so I enjoy the annoucments more instead of just expecting them.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2012-09-21 06:13

I'd happily welcome some Side MS from Gundam Unicorn. But all Bandai is doing is re-releasing the Banshee and Unicorn Gundam, along with the Sinanju. They aren't making anything new. I would buy a Robot Damashii Loto or Delta Plus in a heartbeat.

It confuses me really. If by all accounts Gundam Unicorn is being a money maker, why not make more MS for the Robot Damashii series?

bio9205 2012-09-21 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 4362083)
I'd happily welcome some Side MS from Gundam Unicorn. But all Bandai is doing is re-releasing the Banshee and Unicorn Gundam, along with the Sinanju. They aren't making anything new. I would buy a Robot Damashii Loto or Delta Plus in a heartbeat.

It confuses me really. If by all accounts Gundam Unicorn is being a money maker, why not make more MS for the Robot Damashii series?

Probably because UC fans are more old-school and hence more acquainted with model kits, I guess. So their focus for Unicorn is on model kits.

On a side note, do all RGs come with fixed manipulator hands?

firefox 2012-09-21 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 4361742)

I welcome all seed Rd's and RG and MG's, but this guy is more expensive then it's 1/100 MG couterpart....

I got the RD Strike, nice but not flawless and definately to expensive for what you get.

I will be getting more 1/144 HG models from gundam AGE as for their reasonable price they are of superb quality.

Plant42 2012-09-21 08:32

http://imageshack.us/a/img23/7333/12clanchecustom.jpg

Clanche Custom is coming on December.

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-09-21 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by plant42 (Post 4362208)
http://imageshack.us/a/img23/7333/12clanchecustom.jpg

clanche custom is coming on december.

fuck yes!!!

duotiga 2012-09-21 09:04

so is HGUC Delta Kai XD

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NcaOdg-F_g...-delta-kai.jpg

bio9205 2012-09-21 09:35

Those 2 are amazing announcements. So bought.

EDIT: Looking at the Delta Kai - did anyone with the HG Delta Plus or Delta Gundam face any issues like looser joints due to the polycaps being worn out by transforming back and forth, with all that part swapping going on?

suiton629 2012-09-21 10:45

MG Darkhound

:: waiting ::


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.