AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Shinobi2013 2013-11-04 09:00

I don't think Bandai will take a risk to going back to zero like redoing the whole HG line of Seed, that will become a distraction for them to release HG models that never existed yet. I believe they only focused on Strike only which is the true icon of the whole Seed line, Bandai did released a newer HG RX-78-2 but they didn't even bother on making a newer HG Guntank or HG Guncannon.

suiton629 2013-11-04 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4896408)
I don't think Bandai will take a risk to going back to zero like redoing the whole HG line of Seed, that will become a distraction for them to release HG models that never existed yet. I believe they only focused on Strike only which is the true icon of the whole Seed line, Bandai did released a newer HG RX-78-2 but they didn't even bother on making a newer HG Guntank or HG Guncannon.

Again. We never know what they do and how they go about actually deciding what they want to put out or are working on.

Shinobi2013 2013-11-04 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4896409)
Again. We never know what they do and how they go about actually deciding what they want to put out or are working on.

Errr, say wasn't it the same to your opinion about gunpla?

Providenceangle 2013-11-04 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4896313)
Anybody else thing that we don't get alot of seed destiny marchandise with the HD version now being aired.

I was hoping on a few new 1/144 or 1/100 HG kits, like the very very very very long overdue slash zaku phantom (Yzak colors) or the Windam.

Also some robot damashii figures would be nice, i know that all of the 5 main suits are transforming suits and that gives problems in RD for some reason, but still they managed to do a 1/200 HCM Pro Impulse, how hard can a 1/144 be? And a good zaku warrior, that can be recolors at least 6 times?

It is a little strange. It's really hard to figure out bandai's strategy, when they seem to be very random with product releases... At least the last couple of months. Gundam Buildfighers has the ability, to allow more kits of every type, but the show doesn't seem to have the same appeal as other series...

Shinobi2013 2013-11-04 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4896313)
Also some robot damashii figures would be nice, i know that all of the 5 main suits are transforming suits and that gives problems in RD for some reason, but still they managed to do a 1/200 HCM Pro Impulse, how hard can a 1/144 be? And a good zaku warrior, that can be recolors at least 6 times?

I think the main focus of Robot Damashii is the posability and more anime like proportions rather than transformation which will sacrifice the posability and range of motion.

Providenceangle 2013-11-04 10:54

Oh and I just spied a rumor picture... Something about a MG Akatsuki. Again it's nothing but rumor, a damn good one if it happens, but still just a rumor.

suiton629 2013-11-04 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4896490)
Oh and I just spied a rumor picture... Something about a MG Akatsuki. Again it's nothing but rumor, a damn good one if it happens, but still just a rumor.

Rumor picture? Care to share?
Also, if we get a MG Akatsuki, then I suspect it won't be all chrome gold, unless Bandai makes it online exclusive and sells at like 9000 Yen..LOL

Providenceangle 2013-11-04 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4896497)
Rumor picture? Care to share?
Also, if we get a MG Akatsuki, then I suspect it won't be all chrome gold, unless Bandai makes it online exclusive and sells at like 9000 Yen..LOL

It looks pretty fake. You can check out on waylanders facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Waylander9

Knight-of-Gold 2013-11-04 13:42

Seeing as the big gundam expo is happening later this month I dont think Bandai would have let anything slip out early. They want maximum shock factor for that show.

suiton629 2013-11-04 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4896623)
It looks pretty fake. You can check out on waylanders facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Waylander9

Yea. It looks like a photoshopped line art thing just to give people false hope. :eyespin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold (Post 4896644)
Seeing as the big gundam expo is happening later this month I dont think Bandai would have let anything slip out early. They want maximum shock factor for that show.

What big expo?? :confused:

Shinobi2013 2013-11-04 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4896623)

It does look fake, the lineart looks like trying hard to imitate the styling of Beecraft and the text is in chinese LOL

suiton629 2013-11-04 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4896653)
It does look fake, the lineart looks like trying hard to imitate the styling of Beecraft and the text is in chinese LOL

Damn those Chinese trolls..:p

Providenceangle 2013-11-04 14:24

It could be a chinese release! lol

Welp... Officially getting MG X. I have to have it now. Already have some mods in mind, along with a colour scheme.

suiton629 2013-11-04 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4896691)
It could be a chinese release! lol

Welp... Officially getting MG X. I have to have it now. Already have some mods in mind, along with a colour scheme.

Like this?

EDIT

Whatever happened to that rumored MG Build Strike Gundam Full Package? I might be inclined to get 2 of them.

Blazer-X 2013-11-04 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4896692)
Whatever happened to that rumored MG Build Strike Gundam Full Package? I might be inclined to get 2 of them.

I thought you hated Gundam Build Fighters...

Anyway, its for FEBRUARY release. Its barely November yet. There's a LOT of time for Bandai to show some more images of it. They probably barely got started with that kit (which is fine, because its just remolding parts around the new frame).

Also, I get the feeling that its just a bit too much coincidence that they happened to announce MG X Gundam just as we have a major character using it in GBF. I get the feeling that depending on GBF and MG X's popularity, we may see a Gundam X Maou somewhere down the line, even if its a P-Online exclusive.

suiton629 2013-11-04 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazer-X (Post 4896832)
I thought you hated Gundam Build Fighters...

Anyway, its for FEBRUARY release. Its barely November yet. There's a LOT of time for Bandai to show some more images of it. They probably barely got started with that kit (which is fine, because its just remolding parts around the new frame).

Also, I get the feeling that its just a bit too much coincidence that they happened to announce MG X Gundam just as we have a major character using it in GBF. I get the feeling that depending on GBF and MG X's popularity, we may see a Gundam X Maou somewhere down the line, even if its a P-Online exclusive.

I never said I hated it per say. I just said that I didn't really have much of an interest nor do I have high hopes.

I'm watching the episodes on a weekly basis.

I just think the designs are okay, and the show is decent but very cliche, and too overtly advertising HGs to kids. Age kinda did it, but they didn't make it so obvious.

Skye629 2013-11-04 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4896844)
I never said I hated it per say. I just said that I didn't really have much of an interest nor do I have high hopes.

I'm watching the episodes on a weekly basis.

I just think the designs are okay, and the show is decent but very cliche, and too overtly advertising HGs to kids. Age kinda did it, but they didn't make it so obvious.

And that happens to be one of the reasons that this show is doing so much better than AGE (at only 5 episodes in too at that)

Its blatantly honest about what it wants to do (sell model kits, particularly to kids), while appealing to the whole spectrum of gundam fans

After EP 5 Fenice and Maou are on my list for kits to get, whether in HG or MG, they're really growing on me

n0m@n 2013-11-04 18:21

I loved Gundam Wing Zero but not Wing Gundam. Though I changed my opinion after watching Build Fighters and actually love Wing Gundam now. So the series is doing well in terms of advertising model kits.

Knight-of-Gold 2013-11-04 18:45

Wing Fenice was animated soo well in todays episode.
I need to get it.

Providenceangle 2013-11-04 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold (Post 4896889)
Wing Fenice was animated soo well in todays episode.
I need to get it.

This is the key too. It's very well animated. For a tv series, it's very well done.

I'm sure it has some frames of horror

http://www.lurkmore.com/w/images/a/a8/1188672296479.jpg

lol