AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

MakubeX2 2009-07-25 02:24

You have problems getting the buster rifle to be held upright in this particular kit ? Seems that this is the only problem that people had with it based on reviews.

yeahitschris 2009-07-25 02:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2537063)
You have problems getting the buster rifle to be held upright in this particular kit ? Seems that this is the only problem that people had with it based on reviews.

hm... somewhat. the beam rifle is about the same size as the wing gundam from head to toe. gotta look at how people make it hold the rifle correctly.

kakakka 2009-07-25 15:46

Can anyone tell me the scale of Gundam Robot Damashii figures?

MakubeX2 2009-07-25 19:57

Now that I've manage to get close and personal with a MG Exia, here a (very) brife pro and con comment about it.

Cons :-
1) It's not as good as the Sinanju. You can't even fold the Exia's arms the way you did with the Sinanju because of how the Inner Frame is structured and I had hope Bandai will build the Exia's frame based on technology used on the Sinanju. Might be because Bandai want to rush the Exia out while it's still hot ?

2) Watch the Ankle Joints. It very loose. It's so loose that I fear even a breeze might break it apart. Blame the cheap soft plastic used on it.

Pro :-
The design is cool. That's all.

LordStrike 2009-07-25 21:22

i finally got my MG exia ignition mode today i can wait to finish building my StarGazer so i can finally start to build him XD

Tormenk 2009-07-25 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2538480)
Now that I've manage to get close and personal with a MG Exia, here a (very) brife pro and con comment about it.

Cons :-
1) It's not as good as the Sinanju. You can't even fold the Exia's arms the way you did with the Sinanju because of how the Inner Frame is structured and I had hope Bandai will build the Exia's frame based on technology used on the Sinanju. Might be because Bandai want to rush the Exia out while it's still hot ?

2) Watch the Ankle Joints. It very loose. It's so loose that I fear even a breeze might break it apart. Blame the cheap soft plastic used on it.

Pro :-
The design is cool. That's all.

Figures, the elbow design closely resembles the NG Exia's. Then again Katoki certainly wasn't in charge of this. Or was he?

And as for the ankle joints, anything close to the Unicorn? I heard some Unicorn models had such loose ankles that the kit couldn't stand on its own after a while.

MakubeX2 2009-07-25 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 2538678)
And as for the ankle joints, anything close to the Unicorn? I heard some Unicorn models had such loose ankles that the kit couldn't stand on its own after a while.

No. The MG Unicorn uses pegs to hold the ankle together, while the Exia uses ball joints. Like I said, Bandai should have use ABS plastic instead of re-using their standard soft PC plastics for it.

LoweGear 2009-07-25 22:59

HLJ images of the complete and painted XN Raiser, including boxart:


furato 2009-07-26 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakakka (Post 2538023)
Can anyone tell me the scale of Gundam Robot Damashii figures?

Around 1/160.

Alexus_Z3 2009-07-26 01:40

no matter how many times I look at it - I just love it especially that GN Buster Sword III:love:

Sworra 2009-07-26 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexus_Z3 (Post 2538914)
no matter how many times I look at it - I just love it especially that GN Buster Sword III:love:

I have to agree. Looks Bad ass.

MakubeX2 2009-07-26 02:49

To bad it will not be a mainstream general release.

But it will not be as hard to get as said a web exclusive. You just have to hop down to your nearest Japanese Bookstore and placed an order for the next issue of Hobby Japan.

And for those who got it, mind telling me does the HG OO manage to stand on it's feet under both the bulk of the XN on it back and the O Raiser on the shoulder ?

Nightwing(T_T) 2009-07-26 03:23

Looks awesome indeed :D



and LOL at the possible variation of MG Exia future release




I always wonder at Bandai decision of releasing Seed MSV like "Seed Vs astray" instead of 00 MSV like this SUPERBIA GN-X


LightningZERO 2009-07-26 04:48

I doubt the Seed VS Astray kits have that many new parts. They are like old parts mashed together

XN Raiser looks good, but I can't paint all the white parts. But this does give me hope that in the new movie, 00 will probably get a new cool Raiser

LordStrike 2009-07-26 08:32

i have a question

ok my MG exia ignition mode is here im almost ready to begin after i finish my StarGazer but i was wondering the Exia repair 2 cape color any one has any tips on how to achieve the color?

Sir Dearka 2009-07-26 08:35

Though i'll surely get the new Hail Buster, I have to admit that the SEED vs Astray line is just too much. I'd prefer them to make something more interesting... like the MGs of the rest of the five from the first SEED. MG Duel, Blitz and Buster... aaah sweet dream...

RedWing 2009-07-26 14:36

Does anyone know where I can get good scans/images of boxarts?

azuma-blade 2009-07-26 15:47

The top view of the XN-Raiser reminds me of Vic-Viper.. :heh::heh:

Patriot's Blade 2009-07-26 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by azuma-blade (Post 2540003)
The top view of the XN-Raiser reminds me of Vic-Viper.. :heh::heh:

i think your right, it does look like the vic-viper somehow :heh:

but can't imagine Saji manly enough to drive that thing unless its Lasse who takes the seat...

atlans89 2009-07-27 03:24

With some similar to the frame structure as Exia, maybe there will be a MG Dynames as well?

furato 2009-07-27 03:49

Thanks for the HJ images Nightwing(T_T). I like the weathering work done on Exia Repair. That Superbia is also good...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWing (Post 2539876)
Does anyone know where I can get good scans/images of boxarts?

http://www.mediafire.com/?3gwnhnumdty
Uploaded by an anon who is not me.

SonicSP 2009-07-27 10:43

Cant wait for the HG 0-Gundam.......glad Bandai didnt decide to wait that long before they release.It will make a nice purchase alongside HG Reborns.

RedWing 2009-07-27 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by furato (Post 2541223)
Thanks for the HJ images Nightwing(T_T). I like the weathering work done on Exia Repair. That Superbia is also good...


http://www.mediafire.com/?3gwnhnumdty
Uploaded by an anon who is not me.

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

calubin_175 2009-07-28 03:14

Dalong also concludes their MG Exia review with cons including weak ankle joints and a retrogression of the inner frame. With the inner frames, I guess it is just difficult to design fully presentatable PG like ones exhibited in Zaku, Gundam and Gelgoog. The skeletal ones purely for the sake of structural support like the MG Seed, Gundam OYW/Mark II/Nemo/Hi Nu frames tend to keep prices affordable. Even the Sinanju's frame is not really considered as fully presentable as it has many obstrusive pegs. I don't think we will ever see inner frames for Union Flag or Tieren as their anatomy is just too unconventional mobile suit like, which resembles neither the GM or Zaku.

darkstrife 2009-07-28 07:15

Does anyone know how to panel line a SD gundam kit? i just bought my TENSHOURYU KOUMEI NU GUNDAM and finished building it but i need to panel line it to make it look similar to the box picture (i have the gundam black fine tip marker). if anyone can provide tips on panel lining, that would be much appreciated

also on a related note, for anyone who has the same kit as me, how do you make the koumei nu gundam fit on the provided stand (where you piece the 3 green effect parts together) without transforming it to the phoenix/dragon mode?

SonicSP 2009-07-28 12:06

I need some painting advice.


So,If I wanted to completely change the colour of a model,what is the best way I could go about doing it?

Should I just paint the color that I want over it immedietly?Or should I paint Base White first and then apply the color that I want after that?

Also,should I color it before or after I build it?Kinda afraid the model would be unbuildable because of thick paint or anything......had a bad experience once.

I'm planning to color the HG Trans-Am GN-Sword III to the original color,but not sure about how I should go about progressing.Would need to learn for XN Raiser too,when I receive it.

Not very experienced with painting yet,which is why I'm asking for advice.Any advice given is welcomed and greatly appretiated.:)

vektar 2009-07-28 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkstrife (Post 2543318)
Does anyone know how to panel line a SD gundam kit? i just bought my TENSHOURYU KOUMEI NU GUNDAM and finished building it but i need to panel line it to make it look similar to the box picture (i have the gundam black fine tip marker). if anyone can provide tips on panel lining, that would be much appreciated

I just run the pen down the lines easy as that no real trick to it if you mess up just rub it off, thats what i do. I also guess it depends on if its painted or has a some kind of clear coat.

Just put the pen on the line and follow it easy as that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSP (Post 2543774)
I need some painting advice. So,If I wanted to completely change the color of a model,what is the best way I could go about doing it?

Just buy a can of spray on primer a light grey do a coat or 2 of that depending on how well you apply the first layer then paint on the color you want. Its really easy.

as for what kind of primer to use, just go to the hardware store and ask the person in the paint section what you want to do with it. They should be able to get the right kind for ya.

Double_Edge 2009-07-28 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2533908)

Forgive me for the all caps but....

WHAT......THE......HELL....IS.............THIS?!?! ? LOOOLOOOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Looks like they have finally run out of mobile suit "variations". I don't even think that should be called a variation, LOLOLOL!!!!

Sworra 2009-07-28 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double_Edge (Post 2544733)
Forgive me for the all caps but....

WHAT......THE......HELL....IS.............THIS?!?! ? LOOOLOOOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Looks like they have finally run out of mobile suit "variations". I don't even think that should be called a variation, LOLOLOL!!!!

Think that is bad you should of seen the strike. That one tops the cake.

Critias 2009-07-28 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 2544769)
Think that is bad you should of seen the strike. That one tops the cake.

I dunno, I find the rehashed Providence by FAR the worst of them all. Makes Gale Strike look halfway decent.

kk2extreme 2009-07-28 22:53

how come i cant find destroy gundam model (not action figure) online

CrimsonBlitz 2009-07-28 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Critias (Post 2544801)
I dunno, I find the rehashed Providence by FAR the worst of them all. Makes Gale Strike look halfway decent.

Yeah i agree. All of the gundams are remakes using the same parts just in differnt places. I mean Seed already had a bad rap....but this is only making it worse. What Gundam SEEd book is this crapola coming from any ways?

Rising Dragon 2009-07-29 00:50

I dunno about the rest of you, but I actually like the Gale Strike. The others... not so much.

Mrwei86 2009-07-29 01:41

Metallic Coating Sazabi MG
 
Hi, I am new here and i wanted to ask about the Metallic Coating Sazabi MG....does the metallic coating colour will eventually fade after long period??i just curious.Thx

Akyra 2009-07-29 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwing(T_T) (Post 2533060)
this "New" Duel and Providence just leave me me speechless in a really bad way :heh:
http://i25.tinypic.com/jb6zyw.jpg

Honestly, Bandai can make the druggy suits into 1/100...or Hyperion...or Dreadnought...or Ginn/Cgue or Murasame...

Make those dammit!

StratoSpear 2009-07-29 07:55

I Just assembled the HG Hi-Nu tooday... it's a really gorgeous kit. And just happens that the Hi-Nu is my FIRST HGUC!!! And i'm quite surprised at the mass of the kit, it's even bulkier than the HG 00 Gundam.

And about the new SEED variations, i think the Duel version is the most decent, if not cool, design out of the current four units. Though it seems to resemble the G-Saviour in a sense.

Tormenk 2009-07-29 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 2544987)
I dunno about the rest of you, but I actually like the Gale Strike. The others... not so much.

The Gale Strike will at least look decent with a new paintjob, and it packs two swords.

As for the rest..

*facepalms hard, especially at the Providence*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrwei86 (Post 2545056)
Hi, I am new here and i wanted to ask about the Metallic Coating Sazabi MG....does the metallic coating colour will eventually fade after long period??i just curious.Thx

Probably no. I would think the coating would be more impervious than paint/topcoats but best to ask those who actually have it.

duotiga 2009-07-29 08:40

personnally i find gale strike & hail buster rather acceptable...

Rising Dragon 2009-07-29 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 2545355)
The Gale Strike will at least look decent with a new paintjob, and it packs two swords.

As for the rest..

*facepalms hard, especially at the Providence*

Actually, the only issue I have with the paint scheme of the Gale Strike is its face. It would've been better if it had a white face, and not a blackish-blue face. As for the rest of the body, it seems fine to me. Blue and orange are complimentary colors and work well with one another, after all.

Exia_00 2009-07-29 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by kk2extreme (Post 2544810)
how come i cant find destroy gundam model (not action figure) online

as far as i know, only HCM Pro Destroy Gundam exists


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.