AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Akuma_Blade 2009-12-26 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akuma_Blade (Post 2833008)
1- I'll plan to buy Force Impulse and Sword Impulse, but I was heard so both units Core Splender's not-pre paint. I haven't a airbrush or garage equipment. Can I'll paint them only with "Gundam pen sets"?

2- If I will buy Gryphios War Set ( special box for Gundam MK II , Zeta and Hyaku Shiki ) and Super Gundam, can I combine Super Gundam's G Defenser with Gryphios War Set's Gundam MK II?

Please help :(

Lime soda 2009-12-26 12:54

I wouldn't go and use the Gundam marker's tip to paint but the actual paint in it should be decent. A brush would do a better job but there's a long list of tips that you should probably check into before trying right away. There should someone here who can link you to a guide.

If you're gonna get a MG Force and Sword impulse, you wouldn't really see the core splendor if you're going to display the Gundam in normal mode. From what I've seen, the Sword and Force impulse look good without much paint. You could buy a cheap HG kit along with them and experiment on that. You can paint a MG once you're confident in your skills.

I don't know anything about the second question though.

Akuma_Blade 2009-12-26 13:39

Thanks for answering 1st question, Lime_Soda, but MG kits very expensive for me. I think, I'll persuade ones for painting or I'll quit buy Impulse kits :(

Super Gundam set includues Gundam MK II and G Desenser unit ( perhaps, G Defenser + MK II = Super Gundam ) but Gryphios War Set's MK II new production model. I'm not know combining possibility of Gryphios War Set's MK II and G Defensor

Grphios War Set, produced March 2006

MK II + G Defenser, produced November 2002

Sir Dearka 2009-12-26 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akuma_Blade (Post 2838729)
Please help :(

MG Impulse (both Force and Sword) are still my favorites among the MGs. They look amazing even without paint. A bit of panel lining is just enough.

Un1ver5e 2009-12-26 18:33

Bandai Action Kit Universal Cup (Bakuc) 2009 Finalists

Champion - Singapore
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Bakuc09023.jpg

1st Runner up - Italy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Bakuc09036.jpg

2nd Runner up - China
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Bakuc09025.jpg

More pictures: http://www.netmorks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2319

The Italy entry is so epic, lol.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-12-26 19:15

Isn't this the same girl from last year?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Bakuc09018.jpg

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-12-26 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 2839181)
Yeah, looks like it.

I'd like to view her Twin Drive System.:p

Rising Dragon 2009-12-26 20:29

... ignore that, Nosferatu. This damn forum just warped my post AGAIN.

kk2extreme 2009-12-26 20:29

Spoiler for size:


the italian one looks like my room :D

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-12-26 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 2839254)
... ignore that, Nosferatu. This damn forum just warped my post AGAIN.

I find it highly irregular that this only seems to happen to you. From what I've seen that is.

rocawarde 2009-12-26 23:49

Great detail on the Models :D:D:D

RAVNEN 2009-12-27 03:22

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2...oto0381.th.jpg

Hmmm...so simple..i wonder how the articulation would fare..

atlans89 2009-12-27 06:17

This year ends up with MG Victory ver Ka, I wonder what will be the next MG ver Ka? Maybe GP03, Ex-s or at worst Nobel Gundam.... If it will be something new, I'm looking for MG Deathscythe Hell in my wishlist

Lime soda 2009-12-27 08:19

With Unicorn Gundam approaching, maybe he'll do another MS from there. Maybe a grunt suit since they seem to get alot of attention recently. BUT, I hope it's the Delta Plus because it's been getting nothing at all lately.

And, it seems the MG Red Frame's Tactical arms can be positioned straight up when its docked on its back pack, like how Infinite Justice can do with its own flight-thingy. They haven't shown a picture of it with the sword arms. Maybe that'll be exclusive to the Blue frame.

WaytoDawn 2009-12-27 08:36

Hey guys, I need some urgent help here. I've heard someone said that it is possible to de-can a spray can in order to use the paint inside of it. Any ideas how to do so? You see, the only topcoats I have are all in spray can form. After using an airbrush, I realized that its much better to use the airbrush to apply the topcoat instead of using it directly from the spray can. I need to complete my model before the year ends, so can anyone give me some assistance? Thanks in advance!

Sworra 2009-12-27 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaytoDawn (Post 2839975)
Hey guys, I need some urgent help here. I've heard someone said that it is possible to de-can a spray can in order to use the paint inside of it. Any ideas how to do so? You see, the only topcoats I have are all in spray can form. After using an airbrush, I realized that its much better to use the airbrush to apply the topcoat instead of using it directly from the spray can. I need to complete my model before the year ends, so can anyone give me some assistance? Thanks in advance!

I seen a pic of someone de canning some spray out into a bottle.. here is the link, just scroll down you will find the pic.

http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/213...+Tutorial.html

i never tried it myself but it depends on the spray can aswell.. good luck.

darkstrife 2009-12-27 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeGUndam (Post 2838181)
Hey thanks a lot. also did you prime the areas you painted? also is the brilliant blue a close match to the original blue? thanks and sorry for all the questions :p

nah i dont prime at all, i only do it when the colour that i want is very different from the colour on the runners (i.e. i want to paint blue over red for example). if i'm just trying to paint a colour the closest to the runners i cant be bothered priming, to be honest i dont think there will be a huge difference at all.

the brilliant blue is 'slightly' darker then the blue on the runners, although i do like the darker tone as it makes the gundam stand out a bit, i normally always use brilliant blue if i'm painting it over a blue runner

hope this helps :)

also really looking forward to the MG red frame, so far it looks pretty badass. also did anyone know that 2010 is the '30th anniversary of Gunpla'? so expect some surprises from Bandai :p

darkstrife 2009-12-27 10:04

speaking of the MG Red frame, heres a pic of it:

Release: 02/10, Price:5250 yen (slightly pricey for MG but so much armaments :) )

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2732/...1a8ac8b8_o.jpg

Okamidum 2009-12-27 11:51

Now we can replicate all 30 gn tau drives! :D
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/...959ddb12_o.jpg

JackRydden224 2009-12-27 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okamidum (Post 2840129)
Now we can replicate all 30 gn tau drives! :D
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/...959ddb12_o.jpg

So Bandai clearly wants us to buy multiple GN-Xs to fill up the drive holders...

I guess people wouldn't mind as long as we are talking about variations.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-12-27 16:29

There isn't many variations of the GN-XI to begin with.

The rest of them are pretty much different suits. I'm pretty sure they want us to buy 3 MG GN-XIs.

MakubeX2 2009-12-27 18:37

Actually, the Tau stand does not comes in 3s. Each MG GN-X have one only one stand and they could joined togther if you intend to buy multiple GN-Xs.

Most importantly, if I read correctly, the Tau Drives have their own LEDs packaged together, unlike the normal release of Exia.

RAVNEN 2009-12-27 21:27

Wow nice MG Red Frame,hmm...hopefully it come with the standard beam rifle & shield. Mirage Frame 2nd Issue surely look like a dragon with no tail.A tail would make it really awesome.

Alexus_Z3 2009-12-28 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2840565)
Actually, the Tau stand does not comes in 3s. Each MG GN-X have one only one stand and they could joined togther if you intend to buy multiple GN-Xs.

Most importantly, if I read correctly, the Tau Drives have their own LEDs packaged together, unlike the normal release of Exia.

and I can't help to bet that someone somehow somewhere going to buy 30 of them :heh: (well one is just enough for me :D)

WaytoDawn 2009-12-28 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 2840021)
I seen a pic of someone de canning some spray out into a bottle.. here is the link, just scroll down you will find the pic.

http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/213...+Tutorial.html

i never tried it myself but it depends on the spray can aswell.. good luck.

Thanks a lot! I acctually had that page bookmarked a long time ago. Forgot that It contained instructions for de-canning. :heh: Thanks again!

helois 2009-12-28 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Un1ver5e (Post 2839111)
Bandai Action Kit Universal Cup (Bakuc) 2009 Finalists

Champion - Singapore
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Bakuc09023.jpg

1st Runner up - Italy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Bakuc09036.jpg

2nd Runner up - China
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Bakuc09025.jpg

More pictures: http://www.netmorks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2319

The Italy entry is so epic, lol.


agree..the italian entry is epic... a lot of fun... but it's like:
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/....thumbnail.jpg

:heh:

JC... 2009-12-28 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackRydden224 (Post 2840328)
So Bandai clearly wants us to buy multiple GN-Xs to fill up the drive holders...

I guess people wouldn't mind as long as we are talking about variations.

I'd just buy a few dozen to make that elevator scene from season one :heh:

GrahamAker 2009-12-28 22:38

I don't like the head of Arche.How can i replace its head?. Can i use the head of zwei?

RAVNEN 2009-12-29 00:36

Yeah,basically finally finished the Vent Saviour pheww.Well i have'nt found the red one so i bought Vent Saviour.So far i like it a lot...:D hmm...maybe i can pose it with Gail Strike & make Liberian vs Celestial Being..:naughty:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2029/photo0382q.th.jpg

Pose with the Gail Strike,that it im gonna buy all Librarian team :D

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2...oto0388.th.jpg

Sworra 2009-12-29 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAVNEN (Post 2842937)
Yeah,basically finally finished the Vent Saviour pheww.Well i have'nt found the red one so i bought Vent Saviour.So far i like it a lot...:D hmm...maybe i can pose it with Gail Strike & make Liberian vs Celestial Being..:naughty:

How was it to build and problems with anything? I just bought mine two days ago, i was looking for the red one myself which is the blitz but that one is one of the popular ones that you would probably have to be there at the right time to get one.. lol. I was drawn to this one cause of its colour scheme i really like the turquoise blue with the dark blue combined with each other. When i get to it i'm going to mod it, I was thinking extending the sides wings on his shoulder out more.. When i was looking at the instructions the wings look fairly small for that scale. Any ways congrats on your Vent Saviour looks good :)

GrahamAker 2009-12-29 01:59

Vandaliers new work. Amazin have a lookhttp://www.netmorks.org/forum/viewto...d=45533#p45533

RAVNEN 2009-12-29 04:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 2842989)
How was it to build and problems with anything? I just bought mine two days ago, i was looking for the red one myself which is the blitz but that one is one of the popular ones that you would probably have to be there at the right time to get one.. lol. I was drawn to this one cause of its colour scheme i really like the turquoise blue with the dark blue combined with each other. When i get to it i'm going to mod it, I was thinking extending the sides wings on his shoulder out more.. When i was looking at the instructions the wings look fairly small for that scale. Any ways congrats on your Vent Saviour looks good :)

Well it's a good kit & pretty much the same with red Saviour in terms of articulation & feature. I still haven't turn it into MA mode.:heh: The good thing is there are also extra part that allow it turn into the old Saviour.:D I do like the Nebula Blitz,maybe i get Regen Duel first.

However you've got to be carefull with the arms.The area i've circle there can fall apart or maybe broke if to much pressure is apply on it because it's very stiff to move.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6053/photo0387g.th.jpg

SonicSP 2009-12-29 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamAker (Post 2842813)
I don't like the head of Arche.How can i replace its head?. Can i use the head of zwei?

What?!!Why not?Its the coolest head ever.:D

Um.....there's no right way to "replace" a head,you just basically just put whatever head that you feel like it.Canon-wise,Arche's head will always be Arche's head,there's no way you can change that.

Just put whatever you want on it.If you want to use Zwei's head by all means do it.I like Arche's head so I dont have any recommendations for you,because I havent experimented.

The articulation of HG Arche's legs however,leaves much to be desired,especially when using the leg sabers.

GrahamAker 2009-12-29 07:12

this person has created 1/100 scale arche gundam on his own!
http://daisan876.blog73.fc2.com/blog-category-8.html

SonicSP 2009-12-29 09:39

What the bllody hell??

Hmmm,well I guess we all have our talents.Too bad Im still looking for mine.

Anyways,good find as usual,bhus.

Okamidum 2009-12-29 14:45

Anyone have any tips on how to panel line a painted gundam. And also tips on cleaning off messed up lines.

Sworra 2009-12-29 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okamidum (Post 2843617)
Anyone have any tips on how to panel line a painted gundam. And also tips on cleaning off messed up lines.

I got this from a source and it works well. Top coat the gundam with clear gloss, wait till it dries, give it at least a day or two. The clear gloss will make the marker glide really nice plus if you screw up on a line you can easly rub it off. That is if you are using a marker. Once you are done with the panel lines clear top coat it back to a flat finish.
Another tip you can do is if you haven't put your decals on yet, With the surface still being glossy finish put your decals on then clear top coat it again with gloss, and then put your flat finish.

Hope this helps.

Okamidum 2009-12-29 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 2843737)
I got this from a source and it works well. Top coat the gundam with clear gloss, wait till it dries, give it at least a day or two. The clear gloss will make the marker glide really nice plus if you screw up on a line you can easly rub it off. That is if you are using a marker. Once you are done with the panel lines clear top coat it back to a flat finish.
Another tip you can do is if you haven't put your decals on yet, With the surface still being glossy finish put your decals on then clear top coat it again with gloss, and then put your flat finish.

Hope this helps.

I'll have to try that out. Do you have any pics of your own gundams with the process you can message me with or post haha.... But this sounds like it'll work instead of my old method.

EDIT:
My next model will be the cherudim and I am trying to make my own custom cherudim saga.....hope it goes well haha

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-12-29 17:15

Hm, I never really took notice as to how fucked up the Arche's head is.

SonicSP 2009-12-29 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 2843782)
Hm, I never really took notice as to how fucked up the Arche's head is.

Hey,its good head.>__>


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:54.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.