AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Patriot's Blade 2015-01-09 11:35

has there been like an updated versions of those retro 80's DX hilariously-off-model-design-totally not an MSV RX-78-2 action figures?, you know, these Gundams had these random strange add-ons & weapons like massive spring loaded missile launchers, broad swords, medieval knight shields, SWAT shields, & uh..... rolling wheels on its body to assume 'truck mode' in Daimos style,
well in the form today's kits or figures like Robot Damashii?
to me they put the Perfect & Full Armor Gundams to shame, also good parody fodder to celebrate the anniversary :heh:

Skye629 2015-01-09 17:43

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-o2aZSVvLNS...46283388_n.jpg

Patriot's Blade 2015-01-09 18:55

the head unit looks....... like a certain Hideaki Anno cyborg angel mech for some reason

wavehawk 2015-01-09 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 5396563)
the head unit looks....... like a certain Hideaki Anno cyborg angel mech for some reason

- It's more like a combindation of the Dra-C and Marasai heads to me. I also have a sort-of Sazabi vibe from it, but that's probably just because of the name and the more Zeonic look. Not liking the purple, but the white actually fits the "Lucifer" moniker (Lucifer being the "Angel of Light" in Jewish and later Christian religion). Just wish it was different shades of white with a few red or black highlights (to fit a "Fallen Angel" motif).

Which begs the question why they refer to it as a "Gundam" even though the head and overall design doesn't look like either a traditional Gundam nor does it have any similarity with the G-Self, G-Arcane or even the G-Aion. (well maybe a few similarities with the G-Aion in terms of the design 'feel', but...)

Granted, I'm not following the series lately so I don't know if there's a story explanation for it, but...

Dra-C I'm showing the Unicorn version because pics of the 0083 version are too dark to be clear:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140929135510

Marasai:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20141026145012

Patriot's Blade 2015-01-09 21:22

to me its much closer to a Kampfer's in terms of forehead slope

Skye629 2015-01-10 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5396694)
- It's more like a combindation of the Dra-C and Marasai heads to me. I also have a sort-of Sazabi vibe from it, but that's probably just because of the name and the more Zeonic look. Not liking the purple, but the white actually fits the "Lucifer" moniker (Lucifer being the "Angel of Light" in Jewish and later Christian religion). Just wish it was different shades of white with a few red or black highlights (to fit a "Fallen Angel" motif).

Which begs the question why they refer to it as a "Gundam" even though the head and overall design doesn't look like either a traditional Gundam nor does it have any similarity with the G-Self, G-Arcane or even the G-Aion. (well maybe a few similarities with the G-Aion in terms of the design 'feel', but...)

Granted, I'm not following the series lately so I don't know if there's a story explanation for it, but...

Dra-C I'm showing the Unicorn version because pics of the 0083 version are too dark to be clear:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140929135510

Marasai:
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20141026145012

I suppose not all the G-units in GReco are gundam types, nor do I ever recall hearing the term either

In the latest episode it was revealed that the G-Self was indeed made in Towasanga, and was a prototype unit that was rejected for mass-production. It would not surprise me if the Lucifer here is a more recent prototype, as its aesthetics go along with the current moon forces MS in many areas.

n0m@n 2015-01-10 03:05

Is that a clone of eva01?
It looks nice though.

n0m@n 2015-01-10 20:21

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DTcPNGJBcx...BANM150305.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-raf7v6WrL3...BANM150306.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RYUnBv_eQ0...BANM150307.jpg

HGBF Rival MS A
HGBC Rival MS A's Build-custom
SDBF Rival MS B


So would that be Transient Gundam, Transient Gundam's backpack, and Shia's Gunpla (SD)?
Hmm. Along with Wing Gundam Zero Hono, March will be full of treasures.

Skye629 2015-01-11 04:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0m@n (Post 5398463)
HGBF Rival MS A
HGBC Rival MS A's Build-custom
SDBF Rival MS B


So would that be Transient Gundam, Transient Gundam's backpack, and Shia's Gunpla (SD)?
Hmm. Along with Wing Gundam Zero Hono, March will be full of treasures.

Transient does not really have a distinct backpack though, more likely its a weapons part set for it

And as for the SD I bet its Lady Kawaguchi's





On a completely separate note:

Why are the 1/100 SEED DESTINY Zakus so hard to find for a good price? In all the main model sites I checked they were sold out/back-ordered/long out of stock

I can only seem to find them on Ebay or Amazon for varying prices, most which are overpriced to some degree

Whats up with that? Are they just really getting that old/hard to find?

Im asking because Im really in the mood to get one right now, mainly a Phantom, but I dont mind the normal/Gunner

wavehawk 2015-01-11 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5399077)
Why are the 1/100 SEED DESTINY Zakus so hard to find for a good price?

- You think you have problems? My friend Jason is still bugging me to convert a 1/100 Seed Destiny Zaku Warrior into an MG (using an MG Zaku II as the inner frame), and I told him I'll do it once I find a 1/100 Zaku Warrior to chop up. And the prices they go for make it financially impossible for me to get that project started.

Laevatein 2015-01-11 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5399077)
Transient does not really have a distinct backpack though, more likely its a weapons part set for it

And as for the SD I bet its Lady Kawaguchi's

I hope so (rather than Shia), since we've already seen that. Three female characters using SDs would mean it's officially become a trend, and one I don't like.

~Destiny~ 2015-01-11 14:25

But both of the gundams Lady Kawaguchi used on screen have already been released

Skye629 2015-01-11 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5399372)
- You think you have problems? My friend Jason is still bugging me to convert a 1/100 Seed Destiny Zaku Warrior into an MG (using an MG Zaku II as the inner frame), and I told him I'll do it once I find a 1/100 Zaku Warrior to chop up. And the prices they go for make it financially impossible for me to get that project started.

Dang, I feel ya, cheapest I can find is about $35 including shipping/no shipping, which is a bit more than what I am willing to pay tops

Must be even worse for you since you have to get a MG 2.0 zaku on top of that with whatever supplies you are going to need :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 5399851)
But both of the gundams Lady Kawaguchi used on screen have already been released

Has the SD been released already? Im not that familiar with BB SD kits so I had no idea

~Destiny~ 2015-01-11 19:37

Unless I missed an episode or something, I remeber her using the Stargazer pre-Kawaguchi status, and the BB Legend Zero Gundam during her fight with the captain girl whose name escapes me atm

Patriot's Blade 2015-01-11 21:08

so whatever happen to that MG Gafran that people talked about back in the day?

Skye629 2015-01-11 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 5400290)
so whatever happen to that MG Gafran that people talked about back in the day?

Scrapped more likely than not, or stashed away into some dark place until they actually feel like making it

Blazer-X 2015-01-11 22:52

Given how AGE bombed, probably scrapped for a very long time.

Heck, I am still waiting for AGE 3 and AGE FX.

Skye629 2015-01-12 03:58

Anyone has the 1/100 Chaos by any chance? I stumbled across the kit while looking around for those damn SEED Zakus (seems like Amazon is my only hope for them being under $40, and even then its only the Phantom's, for some reason the Gunner and the Warrior are more expensive)

IMO everything looks good on the 1/100 Chaos ASIDE from the head, it seems a bit too big

Always been a big fan of the design and colors (easily one of my top 10 SEED units), but never considered the kit for some reason

Thoughts?

Rising Dragon 2015-01-15 01:17

It appears that Shia's Gunpla will be getting a kit.

http://i.imgur.com/2yhQXzY.jpg

Apparently, its name is Gundam Portanto, or something along those lines. The name is ポータント. It could be Potanto, Portanto, which is Portugese for "Therefore", or Portent, as an omen.

Blazer-X 2015-01-15 02:42

Whoever mentioned Sakibure as the inspiration was spot-on. The thing literally looks like a Gundam-fied Sakibure with pixie theme backpack.

Rising Dragon 2015-01-15 02:46

Yeah, I mentioned as much on the episode thread. It also seems to have a bit of the ELS 00 in it.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-01-15 03:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 5404001)
It appears that Shia's Gunpla will be getting a kit.
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Apparently, its name is Gundam Portanto, or something along those lines. The name is ポータント. It could be Potanto, Portanto, which is Portugese for "Therefore", or Portent, as an omen.

That Sakibure-Gundam is not bad. Not bad at all. It looks different from the usual Gundams without being too strange-looking like Turn-A. I also feel a bit of ELS-Qan[T]-vibe from it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5400618)
Anyone has the 1/100 Chaos by any chance? I stumbled across the kit while looking around for those damn SEED Zakus (seems like Amazon is my only hope for them being under $40, and even then its only the Phantom's, for some reason the Gunner and the Warrior are more expensive)

IMO everything looks good on the 1/100 Chaos ASIDE from the head, it seems a bit too big

Always been a big fan of the design and colors (easily one of my top 10 SEED units), but never considered the kit for some reason

Thoughts?

I have one. Yes the head is a bit on the big side but when I look at the kit as a whole it's not that distracting especially considering the big legs and missile barrels on the back. Overall, the kit is solid. The only thing flimsy on mine is the moveable V-fin (and a bit on the hinges of the missile-barrel covers but not enough to be annoying. They'll still stay even if you shake them) which can be easily fix with a little glue. The leg-claws are tight and looks very good. Chaos Gundam's beam-saber feet (like Aegis Gundam's) are also awesome to have as you can do enough cool poses with it (the kit itself can stand on just one leg so you can pose Chaos kicking or slashing with one beam-foot in the air). But, don't play with the claw extremely often just because it's tight or it'll become loose (especially the outer joint).

Here's my old post about my Chaos Gundam:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4631400)
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)


Skye629 2015-01-15 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5404065)
I have one. Yes the head is a bit on the big side but when I look at the kit as a whole it's not that distracting especially considering the big legs and missile barrels on the back. Overall, the kit is solid. The only thing flimsy on mine is the moveable V-fin (and a bit on the hinges of the missile-barrel covers but not enough to be annoying. They'll still stay even if you shake them) which can be easily fix with a little glue. The leg-claws are tight and looks very good. Chaos Gundam's beam-saber feet (like Aegis Gundam's) are also awesome to have as you can do enough cool poses with it (the kit itself can stand on just one leg so you can pose Chaos kicking or slashing with one beam-foot in the air). But, don't play with the claw extremely often just because it's tight or it'll become loose (especially the outer joint).

Here's my old post about my Chaos Gundam:

Thanks for the feedback man! I think Im going to pick one up, since its probably not going to get a new kit for another decade at least xD

Worst case scenario is that its a good base to start modding, plus its price (about $28 including shipping rates) is pretty good for a 1/100 kit with alot of plastic on it




As for the new kits were also getting the backpack and those triplet green SD's

And I pray Shia's Gunpla and the pack come with the WoL/GN Feather effect parts

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3ovDZ5WpHt...5161147e79.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8-61ToxE1W...5162454e22.jpg

Wild Goose 2015-01-15 20:36

So I was working some more on my Sniper K9 last night:

And then this happened.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Sniper K9: I'm combat ready! :D
Me: The nine hells you are. You're unarmed and lacking a backpack. o_O
Sniper K9: I can just jack Sniper II's hands and backpack. It's not like that useless bugger actually needs them. :D
Jesta Cannon: Oi, has someone seen my visor? I'm getting real worried about being visorless here... :confused:
Jesta: Hey boss since Cannon isn't using his shield, could you build that shield and replace my missiles? You kinda really fucked up painting them, you know... :cool:
Me: *facepalm* Shut up all of you before I go mad. -_-
Stark: Bro, you're already mad. :cool:
Me: I'm being trolled by my own gunpla. :facepalm:

Tak 2015-01-15 21:52

Nah uh, the K9 can act as decoy, pretending he has given up, only to have friendlies behind him open fire when enemies took the bait!

- Tak

StratoSpear 2015-01-16 07:25

Same amazing-ness, only more optimal:

https://scontent-a-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/...7b&oe=556ACE54

The one who made is either the same guy who drew the fan art of the unit or someone who's deeply attached to said fan art...

Patriot's Blade 2015-01-16 19:13

to me it looks more like a Gridman mecha (God Zenon?) than Optimus Prime :heh:

GN0010 Nosferatu 2015-01-17 01:08

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LjgDt8cE_7...ntitled-55.jpg

Maybe one day as a special web shop exclusive? :heh: Now someone do Gundam Portent.

Patriot's Blade 2015-01-17 20:04

makes me wonder where the Transient would fit in the A.D. calendar, right after the movie's ending? :heh:

Blazer-X 2015-01-17 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 5407088)
makes me wonder where the Transient would fit in the A.D. calendar, right after the movie's ending? :heh:

Well, the chest, shoulders, and legs are just very heavily modified versions of Exia's with a bit of Kyrios and Gadessa elements thrown in. The arms are taken straight from Exia. Given its GN Condenser weapon use, it'd probably be between the ending of 00 S2 and the movie. In other words, nothing it uses screams "better than 00 Qan[t]".

Beefsquatch 2015-01-18 13:15

Damn at the flame effects for Try Build Burning!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UKKYnRBm5u...Untitled-1.jpg

Skye629 2015-01-18 16:57

And yes it does have clear orange for the chest and the old punching effect parts

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9xewatRK-c...Untitled-3.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iZq-VtEbVY...ntitled-42.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oAAJJ8YmDL...ntitled-18.jpg

bio9205 2015-01-18 20:22

The Lightning Mk II looks pretty sick. I regret not picking up the base MS when a local hobby shop here had a massive sale last month...

Skye629 2015-01-19 03:41

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-i-3XHPuqFK...ntitled-64.jpg

Patriot's Blade 2015-01-19 13:51

for a second there i thought Try Burning was doing tango with a double of itself or kagebushin ninjitsu clone whatever..... :heh:

Skye629 2015-01-19 15:30

Whoa, the colors are better than I thought

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QxW_Nj2Awv...ntitled-79.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Y2DGwufkaL...600/wh30-1.jpg

Rising Dragon 2015-01-19 16:14

So it's Gaeon rather than G-Aeon? Disappointing.

Skye629 2015-01-19 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 5409109)
So it's Gaeon rather than G-Aeon? Disappointing.

Or maybe its just Japan screwing up on the English spelling?

Rising Dragon 2015-01-19 17:36

Doubtful, since we got three other distinct instances of Gundam names in this show spelled right, in the G-Self, G-Arcane, and G-Lucifer.

And hell, the Gaeon looks more like a Gundam than the G-Lucifer does, so why does it get the odd one out name?

Skye629 2015-01-19 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 5409178)
Doubtful, since we got three other distinct instances of Gundam names in this show spelled right, in the G-Self, G-Arcane, and G-Lucifer.

And hell, the Gaeon looks more like a Gundam than the G-Lucifer does, so why does it get the odd one out name?

Oh yeah thats true interesting

Perhaps this unit is a reverse-engineer or derivative unit based on the G-Series?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:05.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.