AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Fallout 3 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47241)

Jazzrat 2007-05-09 03:49

Fallout 3

According to AllRPG, Bethesda Softworks, the creator of the popular Elder Scroll series Oblivion have acquired the exclusive rights to Fallout from Interplay for $5.75m. However, Interplay still retains the limited rights to produce Fallout MMO.

A teaser website have been launched for Fallout 3 at http://fallout.bethsoft.com/ with a trailer coming at June 5th.

On the side note, the award wining actor Liam Neeson was announced as one of the voice actor for Bethesda's Fallout 3.
http://www.bethsoft.com/news/pressrelease_050807.htm

TinyRedLeaf 2007-05-09 08:46

Glory Hallelujah.

Glowing green goo is always cool.

ImClueless 2007-05-09 12:28

Finally, some additional news for Fallout3. Its been like 3 years since Bethesda acquired the rights to Fallout and there has been no news at all.

I guess judging from that teaser site Fallout is gonna take place on the east coast rather than west. Im gonna miss the old characters....I wanted to see Tandi's memorial and presidential library :(

Spike420 2007-05-09 14:15

Ya but the problem is its going to be just like oblivion. First person veiw....wich is okay but i miss my top down games :(

Jazzrat 2007-05-11 09:04

I hope you can still have NPCs. Never played Oblivion but the last 2 Elder Scroll game i played, you can't have npcs at all which i find annoying.

Sheba 2007-05-11 09:48

Sweet, I missed roaming the post-apocalyptic america with a good old shotgun and a dog as companion.

Spike420 2007-05-12 01:23

Ya i only played oblivion couse it came out on 360....But it comes no where close to daggerfall (wich there where no npcs in...) And as long as i can wear a lether jacket as armor and get addicted to (was it called jet?) I'll be happy with fallout3

ImClueless 2007-05-12 01:41

Yes the drug of choice was jet, but you could get addicted to just about all the drugs except for stimpacks.

I won't mind a first person view as long as they get the atmosphere of the game right. If anything, if they do a good job a 1st person game tends to be much more immersive than a 3rd person game and with RPGs immersion = how good a game is.

My biggest fear is that if its 1st person and with a game that has guns and mutants it gonna turn into a mindless 1st person shooter. However, I have confidence in Bethesda and 1st person RPGs are doable. An excellent example would be System Shock 2. (Anticipating Bioshock as well)

ImClueless 2007-06-05 19:16

OMG Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer is out!! Apparantly, the trailer is rendered completely in game and the release date is fall 08.

Lebron 2007-06-05 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImClueless (Post 979820)
OMG Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer is out!! Apparantly, the trailer is rendered completely in game and the release date is fall 08.

Nice! Can't wait

also, they confirmed it for PC, PS3, and 360 too.

aeterna789 2007-06-06 03:20

The only Fallout game I played was Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel, really fun game. Anyway, I really hope this game turns out great.

srb 2007-06-06 05:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeterna789 (Post 980293)
The only Fallout game I played was Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel, really fun game. Anyway, I really hope this game turns out great.

Quite buggy though, and it removed most of the core of Fallout.

Judging by the teaser at least Bethesda got the setting and art direction pretty much right, so even if it becomes an action shooter/slasher like Oblivion at least it'll look nice... but there's also minimal proof for an iso/third person view point, such as the blocky seats.

I still say that the probability for it to suck is still over 50 percent, since we know nothing concrete about the gameplay. I'm sorry Bethesda, I don't agree that to "evolve" the CRPG genre we need to remove the elements that make it what it is, such as engrossing dialogue as well as choices and consequences for those choices, especially not in a game like Fallout.

Withholding judgment until more information is available.

arcadeplayer987 2007-06-06 12:51

I saw the trailer and its awesome.The graphic is very good.

DarkT 2007-06-07 06:21

Wow, this and starcraft 3 are two games I'm TOTALLY waiting for... Damn fallout is such a classic - just like SC... Hopefully it won't take them too long, and it still stays the fun game taht it was.

Benoit 2007-06-07 09:21

Quote:

starcraft 3
Are you from the future?

arcadeplayer987 2007-06-07 13:35

Starcraft 2 was just released.For Starcraft 3 we need to wait a while.

DarkT 2007-06-07 15:48

Lol, you guys are mean :( I meant 2 naturally ;) hehehe...

Hidooooi!

Meow!

Anyway... ;).

Lebron 2007-06-16 10:01

some new info?
http://www.jeux-france.com/blog159191_Blakguy(some In-Game pictures)
Quote:

The article is based on an hour long demo GI was given. I'll list the high points

- Game runs on an evolved version of the Oblivion engine. Third person view has been reworked since the verdict was that the Oblivion version sucked balls.

- Game starts with your birth and your mother's death in a vault hospital. This is essentially the character customization part of the game. Your father hands you up to have your DNA analyzed and you get to pick out all your character traits. Your dad takes off his mask to reveal similar traits to the ones you picked.

- You grow up in the vault and as you grow you get your first book titled "You're Special" which allows you to choose you baseline stats for each of your 7 primary aptitudes. You'll also get your first weapons and wrist computer (menu) as you get older you'll take tests to determine the initial layout of your skills and traits.

- Every aspect of character creation is based on S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system. Of your 14 skills you can tag 3 to grow at a faster rate than the rest as you level up.

- Battle system is called the Vault-tec Assisted Targeting System (V.A.T.S.). The article states. "While you'll certainly be able to tackle enemies in real time using first person shooting, V.A.T.S. lets players pause time and select a target at their leisure". Battle system still uses action points, but once you've used them up you'll still be able to fight targets in real time while they charge back up.

- Game is still violent and gory. One of the featured screens is of a guy's head exploding in super gory detail. Apparently all gory deaths in the game will be in slow motion.

- More than one way to play the game. Go balls out and kill people, or sneak past situations, or perhaps talk your way out of situations.

- Enemies can target you just like you can target them, so you can get injured in very specific points on you body. This is in addition to an all new health/radiation system. This new system has you measuring how radiated certain things (like water) are and how they affect you when you consume them.

- Karma system returns

- XP based system, most XP comes from quests

- Level cap is 20

- 9 - 12 possible endings based on your actions in the game

-No level scaling like oblivion, you walk into a high level area, you die horribly.

- There are NPC's you can hire, but this is not a party based game
all sounding good to me so far

arcadeplayer987 2007-06-16 11:38

It look great, too bad I don't understand a shit from the info because is in french

srb 2007-06-16 17:02

I've read the Game Informer article, and I'm still cautious about F3. Some things sound good, others have too little information about them, like how the combat system actually works and whether there really *will* be alternate conclusions to quests, not just different ways to make them end the same way.

Also, the Fatman sounds like the stupidest thing ever. It'd be great in Serious Sam, but what the hell? Granted, giant miniguns aren't the most realistic thing, but at least it's not a nuclear catapult.