AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The point of all that evidence is (lead guy/girl ending up together) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=127173)

Kadmos1 2014-07-13 20:58

The point of all that evidence is (lead guy/girl ending up together)

While fans obviously know a lot of the the lead guy and lead guy (this can happen with many anime will have a lot of what can fans may deem as romantic moments, it's also obvious they likely they won't ever actually kiss/get married onscreen (while they might start dating, to me, it's much more romantic to see a kiss/proposal)

In my Aug. '11 Crunchyroll thread called "The point of all that evidence is", chibihime wrote:
Quote:

It doesn't have to be listed as "romance" for there to be couples IN IT. Full Metal Alchemist isn't listed as "romance" either but one so-called "fan-girl" pairing not only get together, they get married and have children!

There are two types of romances in anime.

The first type is the in-your-face with confessions and/or dramatic kissing or hugging.

The second type is much more subtle and not so in your face, never a kiss but possibly a hug and words like "we're always gonna be together" or "I'm here for you" or something like that.

If the anime in question does not have romance listed as its gender, it is likely to have "the second type" romance somewhere in it. UNLESS the creator comes out and says, "No, there is no romance in this" like how ONE PIECE's author did.
I think having a lead guy and lead girl is almost like setting yourself up for what's become almost like a literature/fiction rule: The two should either end up together (even if the creators said that there wouldn't be romance between the lead guy/girl).

There are essentially two forms of romance in anime genre speaking: there are those where romance is a main plot or supporting main plot (like in many shoujo series and harem genres) and then when it is a secondary side plot (like Shinji and Asuka's relationship in Evangelion or in various shounen action shows).

I concluded that a way to tell whether romance is a main or side plot is this: Romance in the main plot will emphasize main two characters having a strong and often childhood connection and emphasizes music in the OP/ED (like the 1st OP for Fairy Tail 2014) to display it.

Possible explanations: Milking the series with this that possibly trolls fans in thinking it'll happen. Next, there's doing for it to put in fan works. Then, if it's based off on a manga/LN that hasn't yet reached it's final volume which might mean the anime writers might assume that the manga/LN creators are gearing toward the lead guy/girl getting shipped or potentially troll the fans into thinking that but it doesn't happen.

Why do you think the writers might do a ship tease that the lead guy gets with the lead girl but they actually don't?

For clarification, I'm referring mainly to Lead Girl A which is my preferred ship but Lead Girl B I sometimes ship with the lead guy. An example of Lead Girl A/B would be Xam'd: Lost Memories' Nakiami and Haru, respectively.

Finally, AnimeNation's AskJohn has a June 26, 02 that addresses this type of question.
To prevent this thread from getting much longer, I will place it in these spoiler tags:

Quote:

Spoiler:

Jan-Poo 2014-07-14 08:24

The reason most couples in anime don't do much other than holding hands is because most characters are underage and TV broadcasts are not likely to show them doing something more than that.

Let's take adaptions of eroge. The anime versions rarely show more than kisses, while in the original you see the lead characters engaged in full intercourse with minute descriptions and explicit images.

The reason you hardly see them marry, is also due to the fact that most of them are underage and the stories with high school characters rarely develop farther from the school setting.

Kadmos1 2014-07-14 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan-Poo (Post 5181591)
The reason most couples in anime don't do much other than holding hands is because most characters are underage and TV broadcasts are not likely to show them doing something more than that.

Let's take adaptions of eroge. The anime versions rarely show more than kisses, while in the original you see the lead characters engaged in full intercourse with minute descriptions and explicit images.

The reason you hardly see them marry, is also due to the fact that most of them are underage and the stories with high school characters rarely develop farther from the school setting.

I think that seems like a double standard/hypocritical when they often show the MC be clumsy and land on the girl in a compromising position and that they may show the MC groping/sexually harassing the main girl.

Ithekro 2014-07-14 12:32

That would be a matter of just how much they can get away with on Television. Usually for comedy. Recent law has changed things so they can get away with less in some regions of the country.