AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Campione! [anime] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108809)

MisaoFan 2011-12-06 16:26

Campione! [anime]

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/im...l_01_cover.jpg

Original Creator (light novel) : Jō Taketsuki
Original Character-Design : Sikorsky

Plot summary : Godô Kusanagi, a 16 year old boy who played in the senior league as catcher and fourth hitter - that is, the cleanup - when he was in Junior High. However, an injury put an end to baseball.
Though that was not the end for him. During the spring break of his third, and last year in Junior High, he got involved in an adventure at Rome and ended up slaying one of the Heretic Gods, Verethragna. Thus, he became the youngest - and seventh - Campione.
Now that he is a Campione, a godslayer, the young Godô must defeat the troublemaking gods, with the help of his followers !

Note : The light novel began publishing in 2008 at Shueisha's Super Dash Bunko. Currently, 10 volumes are published. Jirō Sakamoto launched a manga adaptation in the inaugural issue of Super Dash & Go! in October.

I guess that Seven Arcs would animate this.

Student no.0 2011-12-06 16:34

Looks interesting. I've read some of the translated novel at b-t and kinda liked it a bit. Didn't like the art style at first but it grew on me eventually.

Kaioshin Sama 2011-12-06 17:13

So just one question, why does the series namesake not appear to be on the volume cover? Or does this Campione just happen to look like a blonde chick.:heh:

Athena 2011-12-06 17:29

Take out the champagne.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 3889997)
So just one question, why does the series namesake not appear to be on the volume cover? Or does this Campione just happen to look like a blonde chick.:heh:

Namesake? You mean the title? It's on the left corner of the cover.

Kunagisa 2011-12-06 18:00

So the Moonphase guy was right afterall.

I'm already seeing trash talking about this.

Quote:

Cons
  • TERRIBLE novel art (I've only approved of one volume cover personally and never seen any in novel illustrations).
  • Poop plot like IS (I like IS, said this many times, so I'm just saying what others are saying = don't hurt me over this; I also only barely remember IS's plot so I can't defend it either; OVA was good, fuck yeah Houki, but vol8 where).
  • "If this was serialized in Dengeki Bunko, it would've never gotten an anime."

Pros
  • VERY good kiss scenes that are central to the plot (I do not know what this means, only it's been mentioned many times).
  • Main isn't dense.
  • Main isn't fail or useless.

Neutral
  • Might suffer from talks-alot syndrome when animated.
  • Kiss scenes might screw up on screen pacing, should be reduced (me: *...*)
  • Deliberately mixing mythologies (if you're a settings freak, this might be bad, but supports say it's creative)
  • Harem
  • There's one "waifu" that kind neutralizes the tension of the harem (this is the most vague part I've read).
  • Lots of characters neta refer to famous soccer players/organizations/teams in the world ... highly recommended for soccer fans (me: *more ...*)

Yeah, I do not know what to make of this from this information. Though someone once recommended me reading this if I absolutely can't fall asleep, so I never tried it; afaik, this is the author's only series, so the group of followers isn't that big in Japan, but those who follow it are passionate about it(?), so maybe like a niche series maybe? ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

I will wait until official studio/staff announcement before making further judgments.

Athena 2011-12-06 19:21

...terrible art?

Miraluka 2011-12-06 19:57

Any illustration of the MC?

Kunagisa 2011-12-06 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 (Post 3890159)
...terrible art?

For a LN series, that really isn't that impressive. I personally find it very average, and as I've said in my previous post, I was only quoting people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 3890202)
Any illustration of the MC?

http://i.imgur.com/jbQKC.jpg

*Coincidentally, this is the only picture I find good among all the covers.

Ravenblitz 2011-12-06 20:41

well i agree with the IS comparison :heh:

Athena 2011-12-06 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblitz (Post 3890248)
well i agree with the IS comparison :heh:

There's more plot here though. :heh:

It's like a mix of interpreted mythology, harem, fights, and school life. Someone compared it to High School DxD, but the MC is more likeable.

MisaoFan 2011-12-07 05:46

The character-design reminds me of Hayate the Combat Butler even though it's not Hata illustrating this.

HasuMasu 2011-12-07 06:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 (Post 3890260)
There's more plot here though. :heh:

It's like a mix of interpreted mythology, harem, fights, and school life. Someone compared it to High School DxD, but the MC is more likeable.

Maybe, but IS has Godly novel art. :heh:

Mizuno 2011-12-07 06:15

I watch IS for the PLOT, stop diminishing that series.

;)

HasuMasu 2011-12-07 06:18

Don't get me wrong, I also watch it for the glorious PLOT. :heh:

hyuugalegacy 2011-12-07 07:25

Other than MC being surrounded by girls just how is this like IS?

Here is hoping they don't mess this up. It seems companies have talent of destroying good pieces of work. Having said that I'm looking forward to this all the same.

tsunade666 2011-12-07 09:15

Oh please don't compare Godo to Ichika's legendary denseness.
Spoiler:

The downside for me on this one but maybe they will tell that part in the later volumes or later part of the volume but in volume one. In the beginning
Spoiler:

IS had tons of beautiful plot :p

Kaioshin Sama 2011-12-07 13:50

So would that guy that's staring off to the left far in the background of the 3rd volumes cover happen to be the main character? :heh:

Athena 2011-12-07 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizuno (Post 3890849)
I watch IS for the PLOT, stop diminishing that series.

;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 3890853)
Don't get me wrong, I also watch it for the glorious PLOT. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 3891033)
IS had tons of beautiful plot :p

Oh, I entirely agree with you guys. Me too, it'd for the PLOT

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyuugalegacy (Post 3890925)
Other than MC being surrounded by girls just how is this like IS?

It's pretty different. Ichika has legendary denseness. For the Campione MC, he is dense too, like every harem-flavored story, but it looks as if he just wants to close his eyes on some facts.

BTW, Kadi did some novel summaries on JCafe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 3891348)
So would that guy that's staring off to the left far in the background of the 3rd volumes cover happen to be the main character? :heh:

Yep. :D

EDIT: alexoconnel finished chapter 4 of Campione LN.

Kismet-chan 2011-12-07 22:41

I think the LN artwork looks okay (I see some anatomy issues here and there, but it's nothing overabundant), but not interesting enough to not be forgettable. The plot sounds like something I've already seen in some shape or form 10 times before... making it about as forgettable as the artwork is. Bleh.

Mizuno 2011-12-08 05:05

I'd say the plot of IS was a roller coaster, up and down then up and down again. Like a couple of mountains. Sometimes the slopes are steeper, sometimes the ride is pretty smooth. And at the top of each mountain, there's a pudding. :p

The plot keeps you at the edge of your seat, and you constantly find one of your hands on the shifter.