AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Higurashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Higurashi Kai Episode 14 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=55860)

Skyfall 2007-10-08 11:00

Higurashi Kai Episode 14 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai, Episode 14.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Dark Wing 2007-10-08 12:47

Well we get some of Takano's back story in this episode and also in the next. It's really sad what happend to her at young age.:upset: Strange how both Satoko and Takano have pretty messed up stories. Really makes me wonder what the creator has agenst blonde lolis...:heh:

Edit: Oh Yea! First in baby!

Sterling01 2007-10-08 12:56

He must not like foreigners

shigure asa 2007-10-08 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling01 (Post 1190039)

if blond hair means it's a gaijin!!
then green hair is for ... ... ??

Dark Wing 2007-10-08 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling01 (Post 1190039)

Well that could be it...:eyespin:

Edit: And Screen Shots!

Spoiler for for size:

Sterling01 2007-10-08 13:16

Green hair serves as an additional "standard" hair color. For ex. Midori in Midori No Hibi or in This Ugly Yet Beautiful World, where one of the alien girls who is standing next to her green-haired co-star is rebuked by a teacher for having a "non-natural" hair color

Rias 2007-10-08 13:21

The OP changed again!

...in a good way :heh:

Dark Wing 2007-10-08 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rias (Post 1190094)
The OP changed again!

...in a good way :heh:

It was very unexpected too. They seem to have changed it to cut out the stuff they replaced. Which was a good move btw...

More Screen Shoots!

USCPharmacist 2007-10-08 13:31

This episode is awesome. Perfect 10

Sterling01 2007-10-08 13:37

10 for just the opening

Dark Wing 2007-10-08 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling01 (Post 1190128)
10 for just the opening

Fans will be fans I guess...well i shouldn't talk I'm giving it a 10 as well. :heh:

Klashikari 2007-10-08 13:53

very nice change for the OP in both places. (especially the later part, though it is quite a "spoiler" but meh...)
I was expecting a change for the "kakera" part of the OP however, but that's a bit too much ^^"

Episode 14: Bullet Summary and screencaps
edit: screencaps are now up.

A very nice episode, fitting very well the start of matsuribayashi (game).
I really liked how they were able to smoothly do the time transition between the different periods, giving pertinent explanations around takano's origins of her objective, and how she got so many support.
The good thing is that they didn't overdramatize her past at all, and obviously shows it rather a "trigger" than an "excuse".

I really liked how Miyoko's flashback of her life with her parents was done, simply not usual.

MarthX 2007-10-08 13:58

Finished watching it.

Loved that the OP changed. I did not expect that. The end surprised me too; The episode continues for a few more minutes after the credits.

This episode felt incredibly powerful. I can't wait for the subs.

Sterling01 2007-10-08 14:23

That bit after the credits surprised me and also is it just me or does that guy that Miyoko's with when she meets Irie for the first time, look alot like Hitler

Klashikari 2007-10-08 14:25

The similarities are really striking and I'm wondering why the animators decide to do that... it was a bit "meh".

Rias 2007-10-08 14:27

Good epsiode. The art quality is back up (maybe it's cuz only 13 was kinda bad.) Jumping from young Miyoko to pre-hinamizawa Miyo then back and then back to young Miyoko was kinda weird.

A-part:
I don't remember Matsuribayashi-hen's start too well (I just skimmed though the pre-kakera musubi part), but I don't remember the Orphanage to be that crazy...at least the part with the kid who spilled his food (I do remember about the escape scene and the cruelty they were subject to.)

B-part:
Government offical: Definitely Prime Minister Abe-look-a-like :heh:
Young Iri/Tomi: Nice faces
Oko-sama Lunch set flag: I'm suprised they actually kept that, seeing how DEEN has been cutting various minor things out.

C-part:
Another week that ended with Takano laughing :heh:

Nice epsiode should pretty much wrap up all the Takano history stuff and move onto kakera-musubi...

Sterling01 2007-10-08 14:30

Next episode from the preview looks like it will end at the start of the kakera-musubi

-MotokoAoyama- 2007-10-08 15:15

the raws are out!?

I'll be searching for it. The changed op screenshot is enough to send me into Rena mode:

"SO CUTE!!! I WANNA BRING HANYUU HOME!!!"

shigure asa 2007-10-08 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rias (Post 1190237)
Oko-sama Lunch set flag: I'm suprised they actually kept that, seeing how DEEN has been cutting various minor things out.

nice flag studio deen!! next time give us the time stop too okay?? -3-

i give it a "excellent" rate~~ if only ふたり。ひとり。was there it'd be a 100%~~

Sterling01 2007-10-08 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by -MotokoAoyama- (Post 1190315)
the raws are out!?

I'll be searching for it. The changed op screenshot is enough to send me into Rena mode:

"SO CUTE!!! I WANNA BRING HANYUU HOME!!!"

no it's up on nico though

Sterling01 2007-10-08 15:27

ふたり。ひとり。 sounds sad but also happy at the same time

kingsky123 2007-10-08 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling01 (Post 1190128)
10 for just the opening

yes, i definitely agree on that

-MotokoAoyama- 2007-10-08 16:11

Just finished watching it. Since I suck at Japanese, I guess I voted excellent because

OPENING!!!

Seeing Takano's past was nice too, but her laugh at the end just killed off all my sympathy

Tengusoldier 2007-10-08 16:11

link for the new op?
I don't wanna see the whole ep without subs >.>

shigure asa 2007-10-08 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by -MotokoAoyama- (Post 1190422)
Seeing Takano's past was nice too, but her laugh at the end just killed off all my sympathy

that's intentional~~
if it's like this then it's more realist than 'she had a hard life so a massacre is ok' type feeling, right?? ^^

Sterling01 2007-10-08 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tengusoldier (Post 1190423)
link for the new op?
I don't wanna see the whole ep without subs >.>

just watch the first 1:30 seconds of the episode

@MotokoAoyama That laugh shows how far Miyoko has fallen. It made me have even more sympathy for her

aroduc 2007-10-08 16:59

Hanyuu wants your SOUL

New OP shot

The OP didn't change much. Just framed Takano as more obviously evil, added DEMON HANYUU (auauau~) and showed Hanyuu in the school uniform running over to the kids at the end.

Ishikawa Minoru 2007-10-08 17:51

I already knew about Takano-sama's past, but this episode really made me feel close to her.

It's not like I deslike the club members or anything, but after all Takano-sama had to endure I cannot help rejoicing over her victory. She beat everyone and became God against all odds! Rika will eventually win, but it's only one victory against thousands of losses.

Klashikari 2007-10-08 17:58

Against all odds? that's quite funny if you ask me...(if we consider her wish is completely linked with her status)
her ordeal has arguably little to none involvement with her current objective.

and also, for rika, it isn't "one" victory. it is "THE" victory.

LuckyCat 2007-10-08 18:05

The animation quality for this ep is great. I can't believe I spent 20 minutes rooting for 34 after all she's done, but what can I say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aroduc (Post 1190514)
Hanyuu wants your SOUL
The OP didn't change much. Just framed Takano as more obviously evil, added DEMON HANYUU (auauau~) and showed Hanyuu in the school uniform running over to the kids at the end.

I didn't even notice it until I read this thread. :heh:

-MotokoAoyama- 2007-10-08 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling01 (Post 1190489)
@MotokoAoyama That laugh shows how far Miyoko has fallen. It made me have even more sympathy for her

Really? Maybe its just me, but I found Rika living her life again and again for 100 years to be more worthy of sympathy, so when that laugh happened, I remember the last episode and Rika and I went "BURN, TAKANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Actually, I was a bit confused by that last scene. Was that supposed to link to the end of Minagoroshi-hen?

Ishikawa Minoru 2007-10-08 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 1190597)
Against all odds? that's quite funny if you ask me...(if we consider her wish is completely linked with her status)
her ordeal has arguably little to none involvement with her current objective.

and also, for rika, it isn't "one" victory. it is "THE" victory.

Yes, Rika can always come back, but Takano-sama only had one chance. No matter what number the die rolled, Rika could always try again, but Takano had to roll 6 countless times without any 'resets'.

From a hopeless orphan to a God-like existence!

No matter what, Takano won 99.9% of the times...which is rather interesting. I know this happened differently in the game, but in Saikai we saw Akasaka, Rena and Oishi after the GHD...which means that at least in the anime the whole doesn't collapse after Takano wins.

The club members remembered past worlds, but there are probably many Hinamizawas in which some of them live past GHD...so effectively speaking, Takano's exists as a winner in say 999 worlds whereas Rika ceased to exist in 999 world and won in 1 Hinamizawa. The situation is even worse for Rena and the others.

Rias 2007-10-08 18:21

This epsiode and the next epsiode is to tell the viewers how 34-tan's determination was formed. She's so determined to carry out her plans that no matter how many worlds "Rika" travels to, the set event of Tomitake and Takano's death will always happen, no matter what. The only salvation for the village is for Rika to die prematurely. Takano Miyo, the embodiment of Rule Y, cannot be easily defeated, espically with X and Z on the sides and thus having the 3 rules strengthing each other.

Sterling01 2007-10-08 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by -MotokoAoyama- (Post 1190617)
Really? Maybe its just me, but I found Rika living her life again and again for 100 years to be more worthy of sympathy, so when that laugh happened, I remember the last episode and Rika and I went "BURN, TAKANO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Actually, I was a bit confused by that last scene. Was that supposed to link to the end of Minagoroshi-hen?

You won't understand what I meant until the end of the series. I was just voicing my opinon

Sterling01 2007-10-08 18:33

bastards from alphabet?

Radikaru 2007-10-08 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishikawa Minoru (Post 1190637)
Fallen? She rose, right? She became God.

In that sense, yes, she rose.
But spiraling into insanity the way she did isn't exactly rising.

Klashikari 2007-10-08 18:33

please avoid spoilers from pieces. all you wrote is absolutely NOT SHOWN in this episode

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishikawa Minoru (Post 1190623)
Yes, Rika can always come back, but Takano-sama only had one chance. No matter what number the die rolled, Rika could always try again, but Takano had to roll 6 countless times without any 'resets'.

Please, don't assume such thing. For starters, Rika doesn't have an infinite amount of possibilities.
Second, the chances Takano wins are Beyond 90%. it is fairly possible to say that Her chance are even bigger than 99%
Quote:

From a hopeless orphan to a God-like existence!
Her orphan and past doesn't have NOTHING to do with her situation.
Quote:

No matter what, Takano won 99.9% of the times...which is rather interesting. I know this happened differently in the game, but in Saikai we saw Akasaka, Rena and Oishi after the GHD...which means that at least in the anime the whole doesn't collapse after Takano wins.
It is always like this, and it has been proved in Himatsubushi as well. It isn't "anime exclusive".
But for hinamizawa, the world collapse.

-MotokoAoyama- 2007-10-08 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sterling01 (Post 1190635)
You won't understand what I meant until the end of the series. I was just voicing my opinon

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to take out your opinion. It was just my own two cents worth.

Spoiler for just in case:

Klashikari 2007-10-08 18:41

The thing is what she "received" doesn't balance with "what she deals" especially that the means are absolutely not the only way she can do for her "true objective".
That said, I don't clash my "feelings" for X-Y characters, but for Takano's case, if i have to remove my bias side, because of her atrocities, that doesn't justify what she planned to do. if it was another village, it would raise the same reaction from me because what she get through has nothing to do with the situation.

if it was a complete massacre in the orphonage institution etc, i would be "okay", for the "justification", but considering here, nope. not at all. but that's another opinion.

i believe it is not time yet to try to speak further because the episode DOESN'T show completely what Takano have to get through for this plan.
and really we are touching spoilerish matter at this rate.

Sterling01 2007-10-08 18:43

The funny thing is the only reason I give Miyoko sympathy is because I can relate with her childhood.