AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Majutsu no Index (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=75584)

Pellissier 2008-12-19 01:58

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

ReddyRedWolf 2008-12-20 13:00

Spoiler for ep 12:

serenade_beta 2008-12-20 13:01

Haa... I wonder how much of the episode will be spent on trying to convince Mikoto/talking/Toaru Majutsu no Index's usual blabbering... Hahaha...
No... I think I already know... *weak laughter*

Loli Misaka! GOOD! :D

...Gotta do something before I can watch though... *walks reluctantly away from computer*

serenade_beta 2008-12-20 15:37

............AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH?!

Oi, Director. Come behind the Gym with me! I have business with you.

Still... This was a poor episode. The story didn't freakin' move! Even though it had 20+minutes! Besides a half-pointless scene at the beginning with Komoe talking about the Shreidinger (Sp?)'s cat thing (what is this, Chaos Head?), the rest of the episode is a repeat of Mikoto and Touma arguing at each other (both shouting stupid things) and about three blasts of lightning.
And guess what's worse? Mikoto still isn't convinced and the episode ends with Touma STILL trying to figure out a way to convince her.

And... feh, I had a laugh from the sudden and badly-placed insert song at the beginning...
Let's save that for better scenes. I know Mikoto (loli version too) is cute, but it didn't need a whole insert song.

Right...

Why Touma doesn't die from Mikoto's lightning: He's the protagonist
Why the cat didn't die either: It's the protagonist too, right?

Spoiler for ep12:

Summarization of episode in 4 kanji: 厨二全解

Preview: The story finally moves. No better joy than that.

MrTerrorist 2008-12-20 15:38

The thing i enjoy about watching this episode
Spoiler for Ep12:

serenade_beta 2008-12-20 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 2118717)
Spoiler for Ep12:

"epilogue", huh... It feels a lot like
Director: Let's try putting a C-part in 'cause it's totally cool!

Because there wasn't a squat difference if they placed it before the ED...

AH-ah, oh well, I almost died laughing when the episode ended and I realized the story didn't move for the 20 minutes it had... I guess I had fun in that way.

The OP/ED shouldn't appear until this arc is over. Maybe another 2 weeks...

ken_FF 2008-12-20 21:15

the insert song was great :3

"Ame" was it? I really love Kawada Mami's music^^

Haruyasha 2008-12-20 21:56

They coulda cut off the first 5 minutes and have a better episode than this. The Index/Komoe scenes are really annoying and add nothing to the plot whatsoever.

Also,
1.The animation budgeting / using the same thing from episode 1 is a big turnoff.
2. Insert song gave the scene the wrong mood.
3. Obvious loops in the sound towards the end.

I expected better from J.C.. Unfortunately, I'll have to give this episode a low rating.

joshualimm 2008-12-21 10:22

bad, bad episode. Very bad in fact.

The nice art doesn't help the fact that this episode was really bad.

I spent 5 minutes being annoyed and bored. That's right, I actually skipped parts pf this episode, and STILL, I was bored. As some of the previous posters may have mentioned, this episode doesnt move ONE bit. Sorry, to be honest, it DOES move, in what could be explained in one short paragraph (for me, (I can summarize the whole episode in 3 very short sentences. Probably 2 if I actually try)

I'm starting to feel that the producers' priority for the series is the "cool factor", instead of good story telling. The pacing has been pretty bad in the past episodes, but this episode simply took the cake.We get to hear Touma repeat the same philosophical BS for ~5 minutes (if you don't count the last half of the episode (which I wont, since it's got some nice FX)).

Besides, Touma's "righteous" attitude is starting to get on my nerve. It's probably just me, but when Touma tried to stop Biribiri, I couldn't help but think that what he's doing is EXACTLY the same thing as what Biribiri wanted to do for the sisters. Hypocrite, anyone?

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice looking episode. I would probably think it's an amazing episode if I were to see only a bunch of screenshots. However, that's about all it's got. Other than the art, it's horrible.

ReddyRedWolf 2008-12-21 11:43

Well in the manga version of the scene Touma pointed out that Mikoto is too much of a hothead to face somebody as dangerous as Accelerator.

Dying won't solve the problem.

sb075 2008-12-21 21:48

This epsode spent only about 40 pages of the novel (the previous episode was about 80 pages).

Malintex_Terek 2008-12-22 04:17

Are the anime episodes handled by different teams? Because it seems to me that the agreement between some episodes makes absolutely no sense. The first and second episodes were well paced, for example. The third was horrible, as was the fifth and some parts of the sixth. It feels like different people are animating the episodes at their own paces.

Tokkan 2008-12-22 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek (Post 2121529)
Are the anime episodes handled by different teams? Because it seems to me that the agreement between some episodes makes absolutely no sense. The first and second episodes were well paced, for example. The third was horrible, as was the fifth and some parts of the sixth. It feels like different people are animating the episodes at their own paces.

Yes, yes, because animators are in charge of writing. :rolleyes:

Well, I think it's mostly because we have a mediocre director.

blitz1/2 2008-12-22 16:58

What's the title of the insert song in this ep?

I got a feeling that Kotoko would be doing the second opening.

Midonin 2008-12-22 17:06

The title of the insert song was "Ame", and it's already been confirmed that Mami Kawada will do the second OP.

For the episode itself, I suppose a good nickname for loli Mikoto would be Chibiribiri.

Mentar 2008-12-22 17:07

I wouldn't call it "bad", but it had 1-2 scenes which had me scratching my head.

1) Why for the love of god did they skip the flashback scene depicting Mikoto coincidentally walking in when Accelerator killed a clone of her? It would have added some color, and it would have underlined the torment she's undergoing.

2) I really disliked how they altered the Touma-Mikoto showdown, particularly the silly ending. They made it look like Mikoto was recoiling from Touma, scared to tears of the fact that he was still alive in the end, and that she seemed to accept having killed Touma fairly easily. Instead, at least in the manga (and I assume likewise in the novel), Touma regained consciousness while Mikoto held his head in her lap, crying. The author considered this scene key enough to even have an illustration added. Why the HELL did the director change it??

*sigh*

KaneDragon 2008-12-22 17:07

Man that was a waste of an episode. Did we really need that dinner scene again, just to pad things out? They couldn't even finish the bridge scene. The manga did this so much better, and the novel no doubt did, too. I'll throw in my agreement with the complaints of Mentar and everyone else above and below me.

Anh_Minh 2008-12-22 17:43

Ten thousands killed already?

Why haven't they killed the bastard already? Ten thousands of them, and none of them figured out a way to do it? I mean, would his "Vector Change" power save him if a fire burns all the oxygen around him?

musume_no_hoshi 2008-12-22 18:00

This episode...too much talking...definately too much talking. Touma shut up about your ideals too. Komoe-sensei's theory about the chocolate and cat was okay, it's just Touma that's uber annoying.

The art was pretty, definately very pretty. At least the art is pretty...so it won't be the 'worst' anime episode I ever seen :uhoh:

KaneDragon 2008-12-22 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 2122392)
Why haven't they killed the bastard already? Ten thousands of them, and none of them figured out a way to do it? I mean, would his "Vector Change" power save him if a fire burns all the oxygen around him?

Of course it would; just have him move out of the way. You underestimate his hax.

Their purpose was never to kill him, only to train him, and they seem to have accepted that role up to this point.