AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Binary Domain (360/PS3), produced by maker of Monkey Balls and RGG (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99590)

Sides 2010-12-08 14:07

Binary Domain (360/PS3/PC), produced by maker of Monkey Balls and RGG

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7...narydomain.jpg
image is copyrighted and title trademarked by Sega

Binary Domain is a new Sega IP, produced by Toshihiro Nagoshi.

Homepage
|Superior Japanese Homepage

You can read a summary of an articled featured in famitsu, over on andriasang.com

I haven't read through the article yet, so i don't really know what it is. It looks like a 3rd person shooter adventure, based on the RGG series? I know there are fan who enjoy Nagoshi produced, directed or supervised games on this board and stunned that this wasn't posted, yet.

Destructoid have preview on this forgotten game, even I have almost forgotten about this title. Link
I would like to post a image up, but their hp is sooooo empty, except for a couple of videos, there is nothing. I hope Sega will do some PR before the game comes out... Until Firefly00 pointed out that the japanses site is load with stuff. Shame on you sega internationale.

BTW changed title name, since some people have no clue who made monkey balls and other don't know that RGG is short for Ryu ga Gotoku and is sold outside japan as Yakuza.

No port begging please!

Khristinajane 2010-12-09 11:20

love

"As food is needed for the body, them same way love is needed for the soul. Food strengthens the body while love strengths the soul. A person is incomplete without love."

Sides 2011-09-30 02:16

Finally some news. Nothing really to get excited about. It is just product placement inside the game. Yes, game will be sponsored by Nissin Cup Noodle, Tully's Coffee and Osho no Gyoza. Read more on andriasang.com

Firefly00 2011-09-30 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sides (Post 3382480)
I would like to post a image up, but their hp is sooooo empty, except for a couple of videos, there is nothing. I hope Sega will do some PR before the game comes out...

Sounds like you tried to rifle the US site... here, go directly to source.

It's not just Sega: I've noticed that in many cases the official US and Europe sites for a game lag behind their Japanese siblings in terms of content. Not exactly smart from a marketing standpoint.

Sides 2011-10-08 05:02

Added new PV, that explains the Consequence System. Kind of looking forward in shooting some robots, got kind of tired shooting humans/zombies/mutants and monsters.

Firefly00 2011-10-08 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sides (Post 3785577)
Finally some news. Nothing really to get excited about. It is just product placement inside the game. Yes, game will be sponsored by Nissin Cup Noodle, Tully's Coffee and Osho no Gyoza.[/URL]

This is not a bad thing, provided it's done properly. For instance, if a character in a cutscene is eating, an appearance of Nissin Cup Noodle would not be unreasonable; on the other hand, one of Pepsi's current ads on a ruined billboard in Fallout: New Vagas would not be proper (one of their 1950s ads, on the other hand...). Further observation will be required to see if this lesson is taken to heart here.

It also occurs to me that co-operative play would be a natural addition; specifically either or both of the following permutations:
  • campaign play without AI squadmates (the host is Dan; those joining can choose their character, with protocols to avoid duplicates); and
  • the common, but by no means not fun, Horde/Firefight analogue

Sides 2011-10-09 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefly00 (Post 3798432)
It also occurs to me that co-operative play would be a natural addition; specifically either or both of the following permutations:
  • campaign play without AI squadmates (the host is Dan; those joining can choose their character, with protocols to avoid duplicates); and
  • the common, but by no means not fun, Horde/Firefight analogue

Sega have showed in the past that they have a good understanding in creating co-op gaming. I mean PSO, at least in my view, is pretty much the blueprint for co-op gaming. I would welcome co-op scenarios outside of the story campaign, like PSO's challenges/quest, like maximum attack, or team battle.

Yu Ominae 2011-10-10 01:22

Binary Domain

Has some shades of Vexille and the Terminator series. But looks cool as I want to play another upcoming squad-based game soon.

Firefly00 2011-10-10 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu Ominae (Post 3800771)
But looks cool as I want to play another upcoming squad-based game soon.

Since we need more than trailers to make an informed decision, I feel kind of silly for not pointing this out earlier:

Playthrough at X'11 with commentary by North American Producer Sam Mullen

Yu Ominae 2011-10-10 23:37

Thanks for that trailer mate.

I don't know if there will be more squad members but recent trailers have showed

Spoiler for Characters:

Firefly00 2011-10-11 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu Ominae (Post 3802110)
Thanks for that trailer mate.

No problem; I was amused to see that strategic dismemberment can play a part here too. On another note, I imagine that certain scenes might change depending on who's with you at the time and how well you get along, adding one layer of replayability (much like how each of the marines in Aliens: Infestation has their own dialogue). This is of course above and beyond any gear that becomes available in new-game-plus at the ingame store.

felix 2011-10-11 10:14

Gameplay looks nice.

Firefly00 2011-10-13 11:51

And speaking of multiplayer...

Gamestop recently interviewed one Sam Mullen on this very topic; feel free to put eyes on it yourselves here.

Sides 2011-11-04 04:20

More details on multiplayer modes and character classes, read the complete story on andriasang.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by anoop/andriasang.com

Free For All
Supports 2 to 10 players. Face off against all other players. Defeat an opponent, and your score rises. The player with the top score when time runs out wins.

Team Death Match
Supports 2 to 10 players, with 1 to 5 players per team. Split up into two teams, one assuming the role of the government army and one the resistance. The first team to win three of five rounds, with the winner determined by score when time runs out, wins.

Team Survival
Supports 2 to 10 players, with 1 to 5 players per team. Split up into two teams, one government and one resistance. The first team to win three of five rounds by wiping out the opposing team wins the match.

Operation
Supports 2 to 10 players, with 1 to 5 players per team. Split up into two teams, one government and one resistance. Each team takes turns on offense and defense. The offensive side attempts to use bombs scattered about the stage to destroy the defensive side's resources.

Data Capture
Supports 2 to 10 players, with 1 to 5 players per team. Split up into two teams, one government and one resistance. Prior to battle, each team places "data" around their area. You attempt to protect your data while finding and taking the other team's data.

Domain Control
Supports 2 to 10 players, with 1 to 5 players per team. Split up into two teams, one government and one resistance. Teams switch off between offense and defense. The offensive side attempts to take control of three "points" on the defensive side.

Cooperative Play
Supports 4 players. In this mode, all four players team up to defeat enemy robots. The mode consists of three areas of play (including one in Shibuya), each with 50 rounds. You advance to the next round by defeating all the enemies in the current round. This mode can also be played solo.

Sides 2011-11-09 06:38

First print bonus is a DLC code for Kazuma Kiryu, online mode only(?). Read more on andriasang.com

Screens, source andriasang.com

Firefly00 2011-12-11 02:52

And now, Gamespot Daily Demo going through some early footage with Toshihiro Nagoshi (producer)...

Aka 2011-12-11 16:12

With the producer of MadWorld, Vanquish & Resonance of Fate. This game will deliver for me.

Sides 2012-02-01 08:39

Anyone siphoned the demo from (the japanese) PSN yet?

Chase 2012-02-01 10:18

Played the demo earlier, its short but i enjoyed what i played. First off i love the menu as it matches the futuristic/sci-fi vibe of the game which im a sucker for. The gameplay itself i really can't find anything grossly wrong with it right now. It just plays well grabbing elements from different games and blending them in to make for some solid controls. The environment is immersive to me and i like the way characters communicate with each other(also voice command threw mic).

Also like little things like blowing off pieces of the robot enemies and random grenade toss straight backwards from cover just adds to it.lol. I only played it once, i will play it more later on(been playing the Twisted Metal and Syndicate demos) but right now, tho i don't know if i would pay full price for it, i did enjoy what i played.

DingoEnderZOE2 2012-02-01 11:53

Ya know I was gonna make a topic about the demo but this just saves me the trouble.

Anyway I tried it out and for such a short and simple demo it was fairly enjoyable, It took some getting used to for me with how "tight" the controls felt and I actually liked the squad command functions. Only problem I had was SOMETIMES your team mates tend to get in your freaking way and that it left me wanting more but that's what a demo is supposed to do so it's okay.

All in all the demo made me look forward to the actual game and it also made me debate getting the Japanese version as well to support the sales in Japan and to get the mutiplayer Skin for Kazuma Kiryu from the Ryu ga Gotoku series.