AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-10-08 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3797737)
Speaking of Robot Damashii´s: Anyone getting the Full Action Version of Unicorn D-Mode? From what I´ve seen, the figure is extremely articulated.

I might get it just for the pink beam sabers.

duotiga 2011-10-08 02:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3797737)
Speaking of Robot Damashii´s: Anyone getting the Full Action Version of Unicorn D-Mode? From what I´ve seen, the figure is extremely articulated.

im might getting as below reason also :eyespin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3797741)
I might get it just for the pink beam sabers.

bio9205 2011-10-08 02:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3797452)
I don't have Destiny, Strike Freedom, or Wing Zero. But I do have F91 and the Unicorn D-Mode, among many others.

They're great figures. But Arios....ugh I just don't know what Bandai did wrong, but the RD Arios Gundam is lame as hell. The only reason I got it was to have a complete collection of the 00 Gundams. I definitely wouldn't of made it my first.

Well, RD figures are generally hard to find here (and VERY expensive, if found in stores) in Singapore. Plus I got one cheap (half the price of the HG 1/144 kit), and I want one to replace my HG 1/144 one that broke. It's okay after my cousin repairing it, but still. Collecting it next week. What are your complaints, anyway?

duotiga 2011-10-08 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 3797787)
Well, RD figures are generally hard to find here (and VERY expensive, if found in stores) in Singapore. Plus I got one cheap (half the price of the HG 1/144 kit), and I want one to replace my HG 1/144 one that broke. It's okay after my cousin repairing it, but still. Collecting it next week. What are your complaints, anyway?

i usually got frm ebay or frm forum . only wing zero custom i got it frm a shop as retail pricing is crazy.....

Appel 2011-10-08 14:09

hm... at a local store i have found polystyrene plates, the material that many modelers use for scratch builing andfor adding more details to their models. they have them in many sizes and they arent that expensive...
that kinda gave me the idea to pick up scratchbuiling myself. but i have virtually no tallent and no idea what i should be doing with it. maybe i could build some custom weapons with it? i dont know^^

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-10-08 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 3797787)

Well, my main complaints come from the arms. The flaps for the sub machine guns are a bitch to open. Then there's the shoulder wings, they get in the way of the arms movement. Also, the front shirt armor that is used for the flight mode comes off easily.

You said you got it cheap though? That's ok then, some people are charging like 50 bucks for it.

bio9205 2011-10-08 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3798498)
Well, my main complaints come from the arms. The flaps for the sub machine guns are a bitch to open. Then there's the shoulder wings, they get in the way of the arms movement. Also, the front shirt armor that is used for the flight mode comes off easily.

You said you got it cheap though? That's ok then, some people are charging like 50 bucks for it.

I got mine at 17 bucks SGD. :D Also - front shirt armour? Are you talking about the part of the torso that turns when transforming?

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-10-08 19:32

Nah I'm talking about the long orange piece that short of looks like...a penis for the mobile suit. In flight mode, it folds up behind the legs acting as a tail fin. That's the piece I'm talking about, it barely stays on.

I had to glue mine.

bio9205 2011-10-08 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3798771)
Nah I'm talking about the long orange piece that short of looks like...a penis for the mobile suit. In flight mode, it folds up behind the legs acting as a tail fin. That's the piece I'm talking about, it barely stays on.

I had to glue mine.

Oh, right. The crotch fin. I'll try fixing mine with some clear nail polish I guess. Also, from what I've seen from reviews, the right arm pops off real easily. Thanks for the heads-up anyway.

pumpkins 2011-10-09 00:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5onXbZsCQ

wow, the colour separation of the AG looks pretty good. the construction is also very different from the seed/00 FGs. totally no articulation other than the head and shoulder though. :(

i like the way the eyes were molded with no need for stickers! its at 06:44 in the video! :)

ars89 2011-10-09 19:40

After seeing the Gafran in action i'm sold, i'm definitely picking a kit up.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-10-09 20:49

Yes, Gafran in action is super cool, but the HG is...not so much. I don't mind if they'll make it into MG though.

suiton629 2011-10-09 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3800463)
Yes, Gafran in action is super cool, but the HG is...not so much. I don't mind if they'll make it into MG though.

I'd much rather wait for a MG AGE-1 Gundam.

Sworra 2011-10-09 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3798416)
hm... at a local store i have found polystyrene plates, the material that many modelers use for scratch builing andfor adding more details to their models. they have them in many sizes and they arent that expensive...
that kinda gave me the idea to pick up scratchbuiling myself. but i have virtually no tallent and no idea what i should be doing with it. maybe i could build some custom weapons with it? i dont know^^

Cut up different shapes and angles that fit on your armor pieces to add detail to plain surfaces.. Then of course paint and stuff is involved.. but it pays off in the end.

Appel 2011-10-10 04:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3800512)
Cut up different shapes and angles that fit on your armor pieces to add detail to plain surfaces.. Then of course paint and stuff is involved.. but it pays off in the end.

yeah thats what i thought, too^^ i have seen some photos on gundam-eclipse, looked pretty nice!

also, the new HD re-releases of the HG SEED kits will get some special effect parts as it seems!
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/1...enewed_09.html

like the strike gets a wooshing effect for the wings, the duel some missiles shooting from its shoulder pot and the ginn can... explode XD
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Fh5ocUaHG6...XQ/s1600/1.jpg

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-10-10 05:01

Those effects are pretty cool except for Aile's whoosing and Buster's smoke. Seriously, that Buster's cannon looks like smoking-cigarette with that effect part!

EDIT: The effect parts for Blitz's Gleipnir and Aegis' hydra blast are excellent though. Those are my favorites so far. can't wait to see the final product. I hope Aile & Buster's effects will be better than the illustration.

kaizerknight01 2011-10-10 05:24

guys need some advice on how to neatly remove excess paint, which I accidentally applied on

helps and tips are greatly appreciated

Appel 2011-10-10 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 (Post 3800997)
guys need some advice on how to neatly remove excess paint, which I accidentally applied on

helps and tips are greatly appreciated

you could dip a toothpick into a thinner (nailpolish remover or a commercial thinner for acrylic paints, lighter fluid for enamel paints and so on) and scrape it off with that. that way you also dont apply enough thinner to damage the plastic.

MakubeX2 2011-10-10 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3800940)
and the ginn can... explode XD

Don't diss that effect part. This might be actually the best of the lot since almost all HG kits share the same concept in waist joints.

Appel 2011-10-10 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3801063)
Don't diss that effect part. This might be actually the best of the lot since almost all HG kits share the same concept in waist joints.

yeah and you can probably use it for some pretty cool diorama poses!
but still... every other kit in the line has an effect part to make it look more awesome but the ginn just explodes^^ for some reason i find that highly amusing!