AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Rozen Maiden (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Rozen Maiden (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=19318)

nekodar 2004-08-21 06:36

Rozen Maiden

Website at: http://www.tbs.co.jp/rozen-maiden/index-j.html

Staff:
Original Work: PEACH-PIT
Director: <Matsuo Kou> 松尾衡
Screenplay: <Hanada Jyukki> 花田十輝
Script: <Hanada Jyukki> 花田十輝, <??> 岡田麿里, <Tamai Gou> 玉井☆豪
Character Design: <Ishii Kumi> 石井久美
Music: <Mitsumune Nobuyoshi> 光宗信吉
Music Production: Mellow Head
Animation Studio: NOMAD

Cast:
Shinku 真紅: Sawashiro Miyuki 沢城みゆき
Sakurada Jun 桜田ジュン: Sanada Asami 真田アサミ
Sakurada Nori 桜田のり: Rikimaru Noriko 力丸乃りこ
Suigintou 水銀燈: Tanaka Rie 田中理恵

Summary: To come later

ChibiDusk 2004-08-21 06:51

The main artwork image sort of reminds me of Rizelmine. Hm, looks good, I'll be checking this one out ^_^

Yamano667 2004-08-21 06:59

The art looks good

nekodar 2004-09-06 02:27

Updated with the announced voice cast for this show.

Thelastguardian 2004-09-06 02:52

Looks like the gang of lolita complex would be shaking in joy.

Could be interesting, I will watch it once it is out.

I predict that the 2D otaku will compare the characters to various anime characters base on their physical apparence.

Melty Snow 2004-09-13 04:32

Saw the/one of the promos....
Anyone know what this is about? It reminds me of Cosette, well only the creepy looking blonde loli part.
The site looks kawaii and happy, but "dangerous night of dolls" from promo does not sound too kawaii nor happy at all. Lifelike doll's already scare me right now :(.

dreamless 2004-09-19 00:48

I don't really think the site or the promo kawaii or happy :heh: there are already two loligoths in the characters section, the main loli doll "true red" and the even more gothic looking loli doll "mercury lamp", also the line in the promo "Now swear, on the ring fo rose, that you will protect my Rosa Mystica" just sounds super creepy to me especially back the background music... now my only question is, why the music sound almost exactly the same as Avenger :twitch: :eyespin: :confused:

ChibiDusk 2004-09-19 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamless
why the music sound almost exactly the same as Avenger

Probably because it's by the same artist - See-Saw :)

dreamless 2004-09-19 01:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
Probably because it's by the same artist - See-Saw :)

umm... but the staff list doesn't say See-Saw, it says Mitsumune Nobuyoshi for music. Besides Avenger music is by Ali Project, not See-Saw... :confused:

Reticia 2004-10-09 03:45

Rozen Maiden

Does anybody know something about this anime?

EDIT : Excuse me for posting the topic in the fa,sub forum when it was in the General forum, but i didn't see it :heh:

NoSanninWa 2004-10-09 03:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reticia
Does anybody know something about this anime?

I know that it isn't fansubbed and there is already a thread about it. You thread has been moved and merged accordingly.

If you take a glance above your post you'd see that several people have already posted the information that you'd have found if you had a clue on how to use the search feature. Hint: Click on search and type Rozen Maiden in the bar.

guest 2004-10-09 04:04

This series looks like 3x3 (eyes) with a... "modern" touch (better music, better character design, better animation). The story seems similar to 3x3, although I only know a little about it.
But the art is gorgeous, I mean the OP and EP. Somehow, other than that, it seems OK. I don't know. I don't think I am going to follow this one, though. Unless it has a good plot, then I might change my mind. :)
Guest...in process of "scanning" new anime to follow for Fall.

stormy001_M1A2 2004-10-09 05:02

Is it done by Twin Bee studio?

Reticia 2004-10-09 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I know that it isn't fansubbed and there is already a thread about it. You thread has been moved and merged accordingly.

If you take a glance above your post you'd see that several people have already posted the information that you'd have found if you had a clue on how to use the search feature. Hint: Click on search and type Rozen Maiden in the bar.

I created a topic in the fansub forum, and it was moved here....i didn't know there was already one here :heh:

Lord Raiden 2004-10-09 08:55

I saw the raw of the first episode of this anime and I was thuroughly unimpressed. It reminded me of a very poorly done Konjiki no Gash Bell!! and strangely enough had a very strange Avenger-esque feel to the opening and part of the show too. This is definately not one I'm going to watch as unless it improves drastically, I'm not even going to try and force myself to watch it. I normally believe in the 3-5 rule, but this one has made me decide not to even bother to follow that rule. But we'll see. I'll check this out again later on in the series because it may surprise me.

dreamless 2004-10-09 09:25

Now I understand the Avenger-esque music here, indeed Ali Project (responsible for Avenger music) has done some music for Rozen Maiden.

It's done by a studio named NOMAD I think...

Pandora 2004-10-09 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamless
umm... but the staff list doesn't say See-Saw, it says Mitsumune Nobuyoshi for music. Besides Avenger music is by Ali Project, not See-Saw... :confused:

Mitsumune Nobuyoshi's name should be Mitsumune Shinkichi. I got it off from my Utena OST CD. And yes, he was responsible for the music in Shoujo Kakumei Utena. The OP is by Ali Project, hence the similarity.

Stormy, the production team you are thinking should be Bee Train, not Twin Bee. (ED: And Bee Train is definitely not the production team for this series. Sorry about the confusion.)

By the way, the manga Rozen Maiden is being scanlated by BNC Scanlation. They've finished the first volume. IMO the story isn't very dark at the moment, but you have a kid who doesn't go to school, stays at home all day, and buying things online. There's bound to be some secrets going on. You might want to check out the scans. Go to BNC's IRC channel for the scans.

http://bnc-scanilations.mori-kun.co.uk/

Reticia 2004-10-09 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandora
Stormy, the production team is Bee Train

Yay ^ ^ :D:D

Kaoru Chujo 2004-10-09 17:00

I've seen the raw, too, and have a totally different reaction: I really like the character design of the Rozen Maiden, and find the story intriguing. I can't understand everything they say, but it appears that the living doll was put in its case many decades ago, and now is mysteriously delivered to the young on-line-purchasing otaku. Her peeved little expression, with a strange courtly propriety and kindness behind it, is interesting. We'll see where the plot goes.

Spoiler:

Kensuke 2004-10-09 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Strikiing that there are two new shows where a tough little magic girl magically enslaves a guy: this and Tsukuyomi/Moon Phase. I've only been watching anime for a few months: is this a common theme?

Not really, Usually its the other way around. Just watch any harem series. :p
But its good that we have these kind of series also, guy as a "slave".

I decided to watch Rozen Maiden and Tsukuyomi when they are subbed, not raws, even thought its killing me to see new messages posted in threads knowing that they have already watched it. :heh: