AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Araxiel 2011-06-15 14:06

Hmm, those pics don't make the blue AGE-1 variant look that good. The shoulders look oddly squashed in, as if someone's dropped an ice cube down the back of its neck.
The GM-like machine looks nice, but what I'm assuming is an enemy suit is downright gorgeous. Certainly getting one of those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3652006)
Considering the designs of most HG and MG designs, you can depending on model. I used to mix and match my NG 1/144 Wing models all the time when I was younger :heh:

I discovered quite recently that the arms of the old NG Virsago fit perfectly on the newer HG Exia with no conversion work needed.

skyboy928 2011-06-16 00:49

Yay, my PG Astray is finally done!!!
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...8/DSC05162.jpg
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...8/DSC05171.jpg

Appel 2011-06-16 02:07

nice work^^ i didnt bother lining mine though, in my opinion it was detailed enough already :P

also my rezel arrived today! and i didnt even have to pay customs fees^^ but the friggin postman arrived here at 7:19 AM >_> what the hell!

Araxiel 2011-06-16 05:59

Those katanas look beautiful.

Appel 2011-06-16 06:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Araxiel (Post 3654526)
Those katanas look beautiful.

oh they are^^ and they are so big the handle actually fits in my hand! i could use it as a butter knife! XD

skyboy928 2011-06-16 08:02

lol. now that i finally finished this one, which one should i put together next..... heehee
i still have PG Freedom, PG Striker Rouge, and PG Raiser. any suggestion?

Appel 2011-06-16 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3654602)
lol. now that i finally finished this one, which one should i put together next..... heehee
i still have PG Freedom, PG Striker Rouge, and PG Raiser. any suggestion?

well the strike is almost the same as the astray so putting that together right after it would be a little boring...
so id say the OO or the strike freedom^^

skyboy928 2011-06-16 11:17

That's also why my striker rouge been sitting around for long time. I guess I'm gonna go with raiser, hopefully by the time I finish it, my MG rasier I'll be here

Appel 2011-06-16 15:30

the OO is supposed to be awesome^^ the model iteslf has more flaws than pieces but from a mechanical point of view its a great model with a ton of features!

Araxiel 2011-06-16 16:13

I got wind of a gunpla contest just after I'd started in on the Virsago, so a heck of a lot more crazy modelling work just entered its future.
Le update:
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...VirsagoWIP.jpg
I'm stripping out most of the joints and replacing them with HG00 bits [ankles, knees, elbows, wrists so far], making the beam saber use a clear part & mounting it on the rear skirt, and adapting it to go on an action base. It now uses Exia's hands, and Exia's elbows upside-down, among other things. And... you guys, I'm slightly scared. It's like Exia and Virsago's parts just wanted to be together.

skyboy928 2011-06-16 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Araxiel (Post 3655104)
I got wind of a gunpla contest just after I'd started in on the Virsago, so a heck of a lot more crazy modelling work just entered its future.
Le update:
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...VirsagoWIP.jpg
I'm stripping out most of the joints and replacing them with HG00 bits [ankles, knees, elbows, wrists so far], making the beam saber use a clear part & mounting it on the rear skirt, and adapting it to go on an action base. It now uses Exia's hands, and Exia's elbows upside-down, among other things. And... you guys, I'm slightly scared. It's like Exia and Virsago's parts just wanted to be together.

ahhhhh, i wanna learn how to do that. i read about it, but i'm slow poke when it come to reading...... i like to learn it in person.......:heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3655056)
the OO is supposed to be awesome^^ the model iteslf has more flaws than pieces but from a mechanical point of view its a great model with a ton of features!

what do you mean by flaws??? you mean the MG or PG, or the model in general:confused:

skyboy928 2011-06-16 19:39

here is my next project
how long will this gonna take me this time......

JC... 2011-06-17 02:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3654362)
nice work^^ i didnt bother lining mine though, in my opinion it was detailed enough already :P

:eyebrow:

I always get jelous of people with PGs who don't detail, lol.

Appel 2011-06-17 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3655226)
what do you mean by flaws??? you mean the MG or PG, or the model in general:confused:

i mean the PG OO raiser. it has a lot of flaws in general, mainly a lot of weight problems.
look at rrobbert184's review on youtube and you will see^^
its just VERY hard to pose though as it seems. other than that its a good model!

skyboy928 2011-06-17 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3655737)
i mean the PG OO raiser. it has a lot of flaws in general, mainly a lot of weight problems.
look at rrobbert184's review on youtube and you will see^^
its just VERY hard to pose though as it seems. other than that its a good model!

ic, that's kinda suck, after all that PG, how Bandai manage to screw this up?
i open the package last night and get it ready. first thing i notice is..... it got no stand. so i kinda think that was strange. since they do have one for Striker...

Appel 2011-06-17 07:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3655815)
ic, that's kinda suck, after all that PG, how Bandai manage to screw this up?
i open the package last night and get it ready. first thing i notice is..... it got no stand. so i kinda think that was strange. since they do have one for Striker...

oh man, thats going to suck for you... they only included the stand at first but then they didnt give you one anymore :P and since the OO raiser is so extremely back heavy you basically NEED the stand or you wont be able to do any poses at all! XP
that was a retarded move from bandai, i really dont know why they didnt do that...
maybe you can find the stand itself on ebay.

i started on my MG rezel today^^ for now i just painted the parts for the weapon in tamiya gun metal and everything else with a high gloss top coat. looks pretty nice so far but its still drying^^

skyboy928 2011-06-17 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3655912)
i started on my MG rezel today^^ for now i just painted the parts for the weapon in tamiya gun metal and everything else with a high gloss top coat. looks pretty nice so far but its still drying^^

That is the thing I hate the most when it come to painting......:p

anyway, any of you know if Bandai made stand for PG? I see they have it for MG and 1/144, I believe even for SD. But I don't seem to see any for PG except the one that come with Striker

Appel 2011-06-17 10:03

as far as i know there is no PG stand for sale. i was trying to get one for my astray but i could find anything...
makes sense though. they dont sell that many different PG models so its a small market and they wouldnt really make a profit from that. also, almost all PGs that need a stand do come with one.

skyboy928 2011-06-17 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3656086)
as far as i know there is no PG stand for sale. i was trying to get one for my astray but i could find anything...
makes sense though. they dont sell that many different PG models so its a small market and they wouldnt really make a profit from that. also, almost all PGs that need a stand do come with one.

yes it does make sense that they don't sell separate, but what doesn't make sense is the design on Astray do support a stand. maybe it's because the basic of this kit is still a Striker?

Appel 2011-06-17 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyboy928 (Post 3656110)
yes it does make sense that they don't sell separate, but what doesn't make sense is the design on Astray do support a stand. maybe it's because the basic of this kit is still a Striker?

yeah thats probably the reason.