AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=105798)

Leo_Otaku 2011-07-24 13:44

Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)

Special Mod Note

This thread is dedicated specifically to discussion of the 2011 anime. There was a previous anime adaptation for this franchise. If you wish to discuss the old adaptation, or to compare the new adaptation to the old one, please use the appropriate thread as indicated below. Discussing in the wrong thread is off-topic, and subject to moderation up to and including bans.

Also, please remember that no future content from the manga may be discussed in this thread even behind spoiler tags. If you are comparing with the manga for events that were already shown in the 2011 anime, you must use properly-labeled spoiler tags.

-----

It has been confirmed that Hunter X Hunter will b having a 2011 Fall series. I wonder if it will be re-vamp or continue where the OVA's left off either way I am excited!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-07-24 14:08

Please let it be a continuation. That cliffhanger ending in the OVA is still bugging me. The makers already done a great job with the anime from Hunter x Hunter to Greed Island Final. Remaking them will be so off-putting. The story in the manga has gone so far not even 3 seasons can cover all that.

ditn 2011-07-24 17:03

say what hunter x hunter,madness !!:)
Lets hope for a continuation,that would be great new.

LordEmbok 2011-07-24 17:40

Never watched anything HxH. Do I just watch everything in release order?

Sheba 2011-07-24 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordEmbok (Post 3702524)
Never watched anything HxH. Do I just watch everything in release order?

Better, you READ.

I read TV anime series in the image. Perhaps someone brings more info?

Keroko 2011-07-24 17:55

I'm... hesitant. Considering how absolutely -terrible- the manga became after Greed Island, the OVA ended on a perfect spot.

Ravenblitz 2011-07-24 18:04

Good news! anyways please be a continuation... and the manga to continue also :)

Kariko 2011-07-24 18:38

It's probably going to be crappy... but I can't wait. Fall 2011 will truly be the season to remember.

Suzuku 2011-07-24 19:40

I wonder what studio will animate this new series? Nippon Animation hasn't produced anything in a long ass fucking time...

Haohmaru 2011-07-24 21:15

Yeah, I'm wondering that as well. What do you guys want it to be, OVA or TV series? I actually prefer OVA's if it means better quality. If not TV series it is.

@Keroko, wow you hate chimera ant arc that much? IMO it's by no means terrible. It's between decent and good imo. I have to say the latest development in the manga regarding Gon was terrible indeed.

amasposu 2011-07-24 22:44

I'm not looking forward to this. The ants arc is just too dragged out. Most important of all, it is not even close to being over.

MisaoFan 2011-07-25 00:26

According to ANN, this is going to be TV series. It will be animated by Madhouse.

Lilith 2011-07-25 01:55

Oh, oh, ohhh *breathes* I really LOVE HxH!! One of the few shounen titles I follow. :heh: Read the manga (pure awesomeness), watched the anime (pretty good) and even watched the arab dub (was... cute).

I hope it'll continue the story. But even if it was a "revamp", I'd follow. It'll be nostalgic seeign them all happy again taking the hunter's exam. :D

Killua <3 *fangirls*

frubam 2011-07-25 02:16

A whole new story would be great for me. There are things I want to see from the Chimera ant arc, like the Spiders kicking ass, Biscuit/Biske training sessions, Palm, and Killua's Kanmaru, but I don't want to end on some ****ty note, like the original TV series did. So if it's a TV series, I suppose the ant arc would be okay, otherwise, or if it's an OVA, definitely some new material is what I'd prefer.

Guardian Enzo 2011-07-25 02:33

I'm tempted to dismiss this, but I know I shouldn't. I dismissed Hikaru no Go for years until some persuaded me to watch it, and I was shocked how great it was. Can anyone compare this to another series I might know, either in terms of quality or style?

Sheba 2011-07-25 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 3702918)
I'm tempted to dismiss this, but I know I shouldn't. I dismissed Hikaru no Go for years until some persuaded me to watch it, and I was shocked how great it was. Can anyone compare this to another series I might know, either in terms of quality or style?

It's hard to find any series that can be compared to it, in the same way it was hard to do it for JoJo too. Up to the end of the Greed Island arc, it was one of the best shounen manga around. Togashi have laid a set of rules regarding his local power system (nen) and have been consistent with them. It result in battles that are won by wits and planning rather than the general "I POWER UP AND SHOOT BIGGER LAZERS!" brute force.

The cast is also likeable, you will always have someone to like among the protagonists. And on the villain side, you have the Phantom Brigade, one of the few villainous examples of a nakama, that is still cherished by the fans.

It's worth a read, really.

Keroko 2011-07-25 03:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haohmaru (Post 3702686)
@Keroko, wow you hate chimera ant arc that much? IMO it's by no means terrible. It's between decent and good imo. I have to say the latest development in the manga regarding Gon was terrible indeed.

Yes, yes I do. Obviously we can't discuss it much due to the inevitable spoilers but suffice to say the plot- and character development in that arc were downright terrible in my opinion. Yes, it had a few cool things, but all things combined the chimera arc is the main reason I am glad that the OVA ended where it did.

I hope the anime ignores the arc and just goes for an original thing.

Nightengale 2011-07-25 04:00

To me, my main complaints about the Chimera arc is that it was horrendously draggy mid-arc, during the whole chess-piece thing. And that one piece of fanservice mini-story.

Aside from that, while I wouldn't agree with everything Togashi has done in it... I felt that it had a very original un-original take towards the whole thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keroko (Post 3702965)
I hope the anime ignores the arc and just goes for an original thing.

You're pretty much asking for the impossible. This isn't a movie.

frubam 2011-07-25 04:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheba (Post 3702961)
It's hard to find any series that can be compared to it, in the same way it was hard to do it for JoJo too. Up to the end of the Greed Island arc, it was one of the best shounen manga around. Togashi have laid a set of rules regarding his local power system (nen) and have been consistent with them. It result in battles that are won by wits and planning rather than the general "I POWER UP AND SHOOT BIGGER LAZERS!" brute force.

The cast is also likeable, you will always have someone to like among the protagonists. And on the villain side, you have the Phantom Brigade, one of the few villainous examples of a nakama, that is still cherished by the fans.

It's worth a read, really.

Very true, but the bolded part is what sets it FAR atop for me compared to Jump's Big 3. In just about every arc, the chars NEVER simply use brute force, just about every action, from both the protagonists and antagonists, is calculated ahead of time, ESP among the stronger characters. And the power system keeps things balanced so that skill and technique is FAR more important than sheer power ever will be.

Keroko 2011-07-25 04:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 3702971)
You're pretty much asking for the impossible. This isn't a movie.

*shrug* Hey, it's been done before. And considering the arc isn't even finished yet, they at least are going to have to brew their own story to finish it.