AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Clannad (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=78033)

Klashikari 2009-02-12 12:12

Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Clannad ~After Story~ , Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers will result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
New additional guideline for spoilers:
Anyone who posts spoilers that should not be posted outside of the spoiler thread will be granted a very special 1 day ban infraction.
Any repeated case will grant the usual "spoiler infraction" which will result into the 3 days ban.

hydropod 2009-02-12 12:26

What an episode.... but the ED is out of place again....

Joachim 2009-02-12 12:42

goddamit.. that got me hard

Proto 2009-02-12 16:00

If you have to summarize this episode in a single word, I think that word would be climax.

Spoiler:

Lanis 2009-02-12 16:00

I just watched it raw and didnt understand anything but when Ushio said called Tomoya "papa" for the first time, tears started flowing freely T_T. While other anime has made me sad, this has been the only one to make me cry like a little bitch without even understanding most of the dialogue.

Proto 2009-02-12 16:07

Hey, you missed the whole first crying point because of that :p

Deathscyther 2009-02-12 16:09

Great episode. 10/10

I tried to keep the tears from falling....I really tried to....

Lanis 2009-02-12 16:09

I had originally planned to wait for widescreen broadcast before watching but seeing ushio made me pick it up from 17.

patient_senses 2009-02-12 16:14

I second what Lanis said. Clannad is the first anime to make me cry when I don't even understand most of it is being said. It happened first with episode 16 and then this one. When Ushio said she wanted to find the robot because it was the first thing her papa bought for her, I balled like a little baby and then the train scene when they both started crying. :(

Beo 2009-02-12 17:09

Interesting.

Spoiler for It could be thought of as a spoiler:

Rasuberi 2009-02-12 17:20

My eyes, they sting. They sting so much! Am I just going to cry every episode from 16 and on?

I might consider this the best episode of CLANNAD yet.

laksmkk 2009-02-12 18:13

I want to give this episode for than 10. This is where I cried the most and the first of all my anime collection that made me cry.For some reason at Episode 16 didn't cry. Maybe because I knew what Nagisa was going to die.

Haruyasha 2009-02-12 18:21

Why does Ushio have to be so darn cute?

MeoTwister5 2009-02-12 18:32

I'm going to watch the RAW depending whether...

Spoiler for Big possible spoiler:

Proto 2009-02-12 18:34

As for your question

MeoTwister5 2009-02-12 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proto (Post 2213435)
As for your question

I'll take that as the answer I was hoping for then.:p

Time to get a towel.

Tempester 2009-02-12 19:55

Hmm...
I personally can't believe they squeezed so much in one episode. The vacation in the visual novel was quite long, and I was hoping they would be able to allocate 2 episodes for it. I wonder if it lost the impact by being so rushed.
Mind you, I didn't watch this episode yet, so I'm just jumping to conclusions. I must see the actual episode to believe it.

Despite what I said above, I have skyrocketing expectations for this episode. :P

Proto 2009-02-12 19:59

Quote:

I personally can't believe they squeezed so much in one episode. The vacation in the visual novel was quite long, and I was hoping they would be able to allocate 2 episodes for it. I wonder if it lost the impact by being so rushed.
Mind you, I didn't watch this episode yet, so I'm just jumping to conclusions. I must see the actual episode to believe it.
Well, I am a game player myself and you don't see me all angry or disappointed over the pacing so you can rest assured that they did quite the good job herel :p

MeoTwister5 2009-02-12 20:09

Said scene that I was referring to is still undoubtably the best scene in the entire story, and while I haven't watched this yet, I'm probably going to stop short of the scene prior to that one because I want to watch it subbed. Not that I don't know what was said. It's just that I want to see how KyotoAni handles it, as the episode where this scene is can easily become the best episode in the entire series.

Must find subs soon!

FCS-31 2009-02-12 21:33

This Episode.....

more feeling than E16