AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Sharin no Kuni - Himawara no Shoujo - English Localization Patch Released (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=88072)

a_v 2009-11-04 19:13

Sharin no Kuni - Himawara no Shoujo - English Localization Patch Released

Full Name: 車輪の国、向日葵の少女 – Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo – Country of Wheel, Girl of Sunflower

http://www.4freeimagehost.com/upload...7731735113.jpg

Summer comes, it gets hotter, it rains a bit, the fields are lush,

the wind carries in the scent of greenery, I have a friend like Ken-chan with me...
Nothing changes, but I'm happy with the way things are.

Download
Readme
Project Page
Error Report Page

Please refer to the readme for installation instructions, translation notes, and more.

This release translates the entirety of the game.

Please enjoy.

We will be translating the bonus Houzuki chapter from the fandisc after this, so look forward to that.

Swing by #tlwiki@irc.rizon.net if you wish to speak with the staff.
Reply with a quote on The Encubed Forum Here
- Moogy's Post from the Encubed - Slight modification to fix the reply forum..

:D All thanks for this English Localization patch go to the following: :D

Original Work
Title: Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo (Wheel Country, Sunflower Girl)
Developer: Akabeesoft2
Release Date: November 25th, 2005
Scenario: Loose Boy
Character Designs and Artwork: Alpha

Localization
Translation: Then00bAvenger
Editing: Moogy
Quality Assurance: meisnewbie
Release Date: November 4th, 2009
Group: TLWiki
Project Webpage: http://tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php...Sharin_no_Kuni
Special Thanks: #tlwiki, #Ammy, #Ensue, #ndt, Fungi, Nagato, Ragyx, Yu-rin, Kefit, TinFoil, ayyo, Shu, and everyone who reported errors

Quote:

Game Overview

In the near future.

In a not so distant place.

There exists a society where law is based upon deterrence and criminals are assigned "obligations" fitting for their crimes.

Within this society, a man named Morita Kenichi aspires to the position of Special High Class Individual, one who holds authority over said criminals.

For the purpose of fulfilling his ambition, Kenichi returns to the town he once called home. There he will encounter three girls bearing "obligations" and there he will encounter the past he left behind.

Won't you join him in this story about how people relate to their society?

In this story about how a society relates to its people.

In this story about the girl amid the sunflowers growing in the country spinning like a wheel.
http://www.4freeimagehost.com/upload...9878f10e0c.jpg
Anime History's Game Review

Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo English Localization Patch

Visual Novel Translation Wiki Project Page

Izayoi 2009-11-05 00:36

Thank you all for translating. It is a visual novel filled with wins, hope everyone is able to enjoy this just as I did.

Wrath88 2009-11-05 00:39

I agree. Ever since Skyfall recommended this game, I've been hoping to see a translation for it. Didn't dare to test my weak Japanese skills against it given the story it has.

Knight 2009-11-13 13:37

Any walkthroughs for this game?

izmosmolnar 2009-11-13 17:14

Yeah, there's one here.

Reckoner 2010-06-17 00:44

I must say that this was quite the gem of a visual novel that I discovered this week. It had a little bit of everything.

Going in I was expecting to find something pretty shallow like Eldeweiss, which pretty much cared mostly about sex. But I heard good things about it and decided to venture forth.

However, I was pleasantly surprised. While I didn't find it AS good as say Tsukihime or Fate Stay/Night... It was definitely awesome and I recommend it to all.

Pocari_Sweat 2011-09-02 11:22

Rawr playing this after finishing G Senjou no Mao. Seeing a lot of similarities. Definitely enjoying it so far.

Hooves 2011-09-02 15:14

Only major difference between Sharin no Kuni and G-Senjou no Maou that I found was concerning route alternations. Sharin no Kuni goes through the main plot no matter who you pick, while G-Senjou no Maou separates each story for each girl which made it a little more detailed about each character and their development.

Pocari_Sweat 2011-09-13 12:07

Finally finished the VN. Went for the Natsumi route first (which seems to make the most sense), and then went for Ririko and harem routes. Harem route was quite hilarious - Ken being a total pimp in that last CG lol.

Overall, I would say that the side character chapters were better than the ones in G Senjou, but G Senjou had a more epic main route. In regards to male characters, Houzuki and Kenichi were probably slightly more badass than Mao and Kyousuke respectively, but Gonzou trumps them all imo mwhahaha.

Would say I enjoyed Sharin slightly more than G senjou, but hey Akabesoft2 kicks ass. Looking forward to playing more of their VNs in the future.

GDB 2011-09-13 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 3765164)
Finally finished the VN. Went for the Natsumi route first (which seems to make the most sense), and then went for Ririko and harem routes.

That's only three routes. There's five. The best, in my opinion, is the Sachi ending. So touching, and can theoretically fit into any other ending.

Hooves 2011-09-13 18:05

Natsumi's ending was my first pick as well because of that flashback of Kenichi's past and when his development began. Natsumi had such a major effect in his life that it would be a crime to not pick her route at all.

Sachi's ending was indeed touching, but you can't help it when the VN chooses Natsumi :o Touka ended casually, while Ririko is still a major sadist.

Orophin 2011-09-13 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 3765164)
Would say I enjoyed Sharin slightly more than G senjou, but hey Akabesoft2 kicks ass. Looking forward to playing more of their VNs in the future.

Speaking of which, Amaterasu Translations is currently working on the commercial remake of A Profile, one of Looseboy's (writer of Sharin and G-Senjou) earlier works.

Crimrui 2011-09-13 19:09

Just finished it today. Quite a powerful VN, some great drama peaces and epic moments. The protagonist was rather impressive as well. I kinda liked all the girls, but generally Sachi took the cake. She was my first choice cuz' of her personality and cuteness. Definitely had a depressive and emotional chapter. But all is well when it ends well.

The only thing that I didn't like is that Sachi's other h-scene (which contains my personal fetish) was in bad end, but thats just me. :3

Hooves 2011-09-13 19:35

Crimson Cloud... Are you perhaps a masochist????

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orophin (Post 3765693)
Speaking of which, Amaterasu Translations is currently working on the commercial remake of A Profile, one of Looseboy's (writer of Sharin and G-Senjou) earlier works.

I'll be looking forward to that :D Looseboy has impressed me with G-Senjou and Sharin. But A Profile will probably have similarities with the latter as well.

Reckoner 2011-09-13 22:31

Pssh. It's all about the Ririko route, burning candles ftw!!!

Pocari_Sweat 2011-09-13 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 3765956)
Pssh. It's all about the Ririko route, burning candles ftw!!!

And giving your little brother a handjob in the process...

Mahou 2011-09-14 03:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud (Post 3765716)
Just finished it today. Quite a powerful VN, some great drama peaces and epic moments. The protagonist was rather impressive as well. I kinda liked all the girls, but generally Sachi took the cake. She was my first choice cuz' of her personality and cuteness. Definitely had a depressive and emotional chapter. But all is well when it ends well.

The only thing that I didn't like is that Sachi's other h-scene (which contains my personal fetish) was in bad end, but thats just me. :3

AH, that's the reason why I never got her second h-scene. Mahou hates bad endings, so I stubbornly avoid them like there's no tomorrow.

@Fav. Girl: NATSUKI! She's basically confirmed as the offical ending if you have played the Fandisc :) Besides, her chapter focus was quite moving.
Spoiler:

As for the Fandisc: Houzuki's route was epic, the other girls' scenarios are basically just fanservice *coughSachicough*

grylsyjaeger 2011-09-14 05:23

I want to go on a date! We'll play MMORPGs all night long! And then I want you to confess your love to me by saying 'let's grind together, baby!

I started playing this last weekend and immediately took a liking to Sachi. XD

However I'm currently in midst of a Toaru No Majutsu/Kagaku phase and trying to finish them first...

<3 Mikoto. XD

Crimrui 2011-09-14 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooves (Post 3765739)
Crimson Cloud... Are you perhaps a masochist????

Hmm... not really a fan of physical pain, so it would be more like a simple domination/submission with only female being in charge. Just the lighter stuff, like that scene in this game. But when I said my personal favorite, I was merely aiming for a footjob choice. :cool:

And dude, what's with the full name? Next thing I know people will start using Mr. in front of it. Just saying Crim is fine although don't use CC as people will think that I'm a trap or something. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallschirmjager (Post 3766287)
I want to go on a date! We'll play MMORPGs all night long! And then I want you to confess your love to me by saying 'let's grind together, baby!

I started playing this last weekend and immediately took a liking to Sachi. XD

Haha, yeah that was awesome.

She indeed had quite a few good lines throughout the story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 3766251)
AH, that's the reason why I never got her second h-scene. Mahou hates bad endings, so I stubbornly avoid them like there's no tomorrow.

Then you're like me. Before playing it, I usually hunt down some info regarding the VN's overall genre, weather or not it has multiple endings and if they are happy ones. But in this case, I only got to see the bad end as I picked the wrong choice.

Pocari_Sweat 2011-09-14 08:28

Finished Hozuki chapter in the fandisc. It was godly. Imo, the best ch in the entire Sharin no Kuni franchise, but more importantly, made everything make sense.

Spoiler for Sharin no Kuni Houzuki's character:

Awesome story and characters this VN and G Senjou was. It felt like it had the timely "wham" melodrama moments of Key VNs combined with the thriller/mystery suspense of Death Note or Code Geass. To quote a youtube comment (Lol...) "Maou. More badass than Light and Lelouch combined. Period." and I wholeheartedly agree :D.

I think I'm pretty much a Akabesoft2 fanboy by now :3. Dammit ... now my standards are too high so I'm unlikely to enjoy anymore VNs from now on... Damn you Akabesoft2