AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Skye629 2014-02-03 20:12

Awwww yeaahhh
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9AGxMU1CHd...BANM140242.jpg



Eh, anticlimatic
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lDfYkCuoVx...BANM140234.jpg

Chiu_fan 2014-02-03 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4999980)

Looking back at the scenes with this unit, it never really moved all that much to begin with(except for the special weapon round). All it did was just stand/float in most of the screen time it gets.:heh:

LoweGear 2014-02-03 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 5000058)
Looking back at the scenes with this unit, it never really moved all that much to begin with(except for the special weapon round). All it did was just stand/float in most of the screen time it gets.:heh:

Qubeley Papillon is the God Mars of Gunpla: Doesn't need to move because it's just too powerful. :uhoh:

Skye629 2014-02-04 20:02

Impulse buy!

HG Sengoku Astray lol

Was really tempted to get the 2 Fenice's my store had, but I remembered that I had some other expenses I needed to cover so I had to settle with one kit T^T


Also two online exclusives, the old 1/144 Sumo, but gold and silver plated

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yoDf3ME_AQ...s1600/1wer.jpg

Providenceangle 2014-02-05 13:15

I thought the DM exia was bad...

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Tak 2014-02-05 13:46

I knew the Strike was popular, but hot damn, its way too popular.

- Tak

monster 2014-02-05 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 5001820)
I knew the Strike was popular, but hot damn, its way too popular.

- Tak

Well, the Strike is a pretty basic gundam design, allowing people to easily use it as a base for their own gundam creation.

Although, this is a modified Build Strike, isn't it? So it makes sense as it is the main gunpla of the current series.

Strigon 13 2014-02-05 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 5001780)
I thought the DM exia was bad...

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

I actually liked it. Althought the backpack is a little... edgy.

On a related note, I'm thinking on getting some of these models at the end of the month:

-HG UC Hi-Nu Gundam (1/144) (weirdly, it's cheaper here than the HG 1/144 Nu Gundam by like $10)
-HG Full Armor Unicorn (1/144)
-HG Tallgeese III (1/144)
-HG Wing Gundam (1/144)

Somebody has any experience with one of those before?

Tak 2014-02-05 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 5001825)
Well, the Strike is a pretty basic gundam design, allowing people to easily use it as a base for their own gundam creation.

No no, we know the Strike is pretty much the Panzer IV of all Gundams, but its popularity is somewhat overwhelming :heh:

I mean, its a great all purpose design, but hot damn, this thing is still going! :D

- Tak

monster 2014-02-05 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 5001875)
No no, we know the Strike is pretty much the Panzer IV of all Gundams, but its popularity is somewhat overwhelming :heh:

I mean, its a great all purpose design, but hot damn, this thing is still going! :D

- Tak

It's due to Build Fighters. That's the power of shows as advertising machines.

Providenceangle 2014-02-05 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strigon 13 (Post 5001838)
I actually liked it. Althought the backpack is a little... edgy.

On a related note, I'm thinking on getting some of these models at the end of the month:

-HG UC Hi-Nu Gundam (1/144) (weirdly, it's cheaper here than the HG 1/144 Nu Gundam by like $10)
-HG Full Armor Unicorn (1/144)
-HG Tallgeese III (1/144)
-HG Wing Gundam (1/144)

Somebody has any experience with one of those before?

The Hi-Nu and Nu are great HG kits. Very little work to make them look great!

I don't have the HG Full Armor but, the HG Unicorn Destroy, which it's based on, is a nice kit.

You're going to have to put in, some serious work, to get the tallgeese 1/144 to look EW movie good. It's a decent kit though.

~Destiny~ 2014-02-05 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strigon 13 (Post 5001838)
I actually liked it. Althought the backpack is a little... edgy.

On a related note, I'm thinking on getting some of these models at the end of the month:

-HG UC Hi-Nu Gundam (1/144) (weirdly, it's cheaper here than the HG 1/144 Nu Gundam by like $10)
-HG Full Armor Unicorn (1/144)
-HG Tallgeese III (1/144)
-HG Wing Gundam (1/144)

Somebody has any experience with one of those before?

Hi Nu is cheaper because it's smaller, and only 2 of it's funnels can actually come off and open, unlike it's brother the Nu where all 6 funnels are deployable. Still it's a very good model

HG full armor Unicorn, also a good kit, limited poses though, mainly due to all it's weapons getting in the way. Unlike it's MG counterpart, it can actually hold out it's arm while holding it's weapons. Only downside imo is that it doesnt come with the 2x beam javelins.

HG Tallgeese III. Not bad by any means BUT it's age really shows. Simple polycap connections for every joint, which btw will loosen up very fast if you play around with it too much. It'll need quite a paintjob on it to look good. All things considered it's not bad for a 16 year old kit, although you may not want to bother with it unless you're willing to put in alot of effort.

HG Wing... Buy it. Buy it now. :heh:

Skye629 2014-02-05 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 5001879)
It's due to Build Fighters. That's the power of shows as advertising machines.

Actually the Strike was going strong even before Build Fighters, its a classic design, especially in Japan

Build Fighters is just milking off that popularity so Bandai have more excuses to make variations xD

monster 2014-02-06 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5002169)
Actually the Strike was going strong even before Build Fighters, its a classic design, especially in Japan

Build Fighters is just milking off that popularity so Bandai have more excuses to make variations xD

After a quick search, it seems that, aside from the Daggers, there are really only 3 actual variants of the Strike: the Strike Rouge, the Strike Noir, and the Gale Strike. Most of everything else is probably just putting a different pack on one of these 4 mobile suits.

So yeah, the Striker pack system definitely aids in producing variations, and I suppose it kind of fits the theme of modifying gunpla for Build Fighters.

AHT 2014-02-06 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5001018)
Impulse buy!

HG Sengoku Astray lol

Was really tempted to get the 2 Fenice's my store had, but I remembered that I had some other expenses I needed to cover so I had to settle with one kit T^T


Also two online exclusives, the old 1/144 Sumo, but gold and silver plated

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yoDf3ME_AQ...s1600/1wer.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-seVvdmAXqG...59862176_n.jpg

Providenceangle 2014-02-06 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 5002399)
After a quick search, it seems that, aside from the Daggers, there are really only 3 actual variants of the Strike: the Strike Rouge, the Strike Noir, and the Gale Strike. Most of everything else is probably just putting a different pack on one of these 4 mobile suits.

So yeah, the Striker pack system definitely aids in producing variations, and I suppose it kind of fits the theme of modifying gunpla for Build Fighters.

The difference with build fighters, is that it's someone's idea to sell kits, without making ones that could fail(AGE), or would cost a lot to develop.

We've gotten more kits from old shows, in the last 4 years, then I could have ever predicted...

I hope bandai goes over it's other seed HG kits. It'd be nice to get a new ageis, blitz, buster, duel. At the very least. Maybe some more MG bad guy seed kits. Gaia, I'm looking at you!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-02-06 10:41

On another topic, I hope Iím not the only one who wants the new HGCE line to continue and not stop after Strike & Rouge. Those Gundams and other suits who likely will never get made into 1/100, RG, and MG (for whatever reason) like the Trio Gundams, Providence, CGUE, DiNN, etc really need the upgrade in HG tech. I myself canít wait to get a proper Forbidden with the right proportion and proper scythe & cloak, not the deformed version that is the old HG. Not to mention the long-overdue Blast Impulse :mad:.

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-06 20:08

> HGCE GuAIZ never

firefox 2014-02-07 02:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5003260)
> HGCE GuAIZ never

I still await a 1/144 hg or 1/100 Slash Zaku phantom (blue) and a windam.

They gave us 2 new mdoels with the seed re-edit, why not with destiny???

Skye629 2014-02-07 17:25

Booooo clear parts, I preferred the normal solid colors, they stand out much better for the Banshee

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Bg-YZ_Sxy9...c/s1600/lk.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.