AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

wavehawk 2014-06-02 04:09

I agree with putting a gloss coat on the first layer (to prep for decals) and the second layer (to lock the decals in). Just don't overdo it as some waterslide decals may corrode if you apply too much lacquer paint to it.

If you can, look up online or in model magazines about the wonders of Future Floor Polish. I kid you not.

Wild Goose 2014-06-02 05:00

Right. *nodnod*

Welp. Okay, guess I'd better stop by Ace Hardware tonight and buy that Future Floor Wax (for plastic floors, so I was told), and then use that on my Command.

Thanks for being so patient to my noobness, wave. :heh:

Tormenk 2014-06-02 05:08

^ Future is best applied with an airbrush, if you have one. The alternative of handbrushing it on is possible but often at the cost of obvious brush strokes unless you're highly practiced. Just some friendly advice.

wavehawk 2014-06-02 06:37

Future Floor Polish, not wax. Be wary: some countries don't have the same formulation.

Future is essentially a clear acrylic paint, and in the US it's commonly available and reliable. In Melbourne we don't have it so most friends of mine either import from the US or Malaysia. I mainly use it for immersing clear parts (like aircraft canopies or the clear lenses of 00 kits and the like), friends of mine go whole hog and bulkbuy the stuff.

ZeroXSEED 2014-06-02 07:36

tfw no Future/pledge product in Indonesia

Patriot's Blade 2014-06-02 12:54

has anyone tried to make an entire new you-created-yourself MS using Gunpla Battle Arms parts as basis? :heh:

Wild Goose 2014-06-03 00:08

Hmmmm. So anyway I'm gonna make a 2nd attempt at finding Future. If I can't find it, what other things could I substitute with?

Also, I can't into airbrushing, so what sort of brush should I use?

...worse come to worse I just topcoat. (Jesus, that's a pretty small can of topcoat, was expecting it to be bigger.)

wavehawk 2014-06-03 03:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 5139261)
has anyone tried to make an entire new you-created-yourself MS using Gunpla Battle Arms parts as basis? :heh:

- No, I don't think there's enough parts. You'd have better luck using some of the cheaper AGE kits if you want to do a scratchbuilt, as the kits are relatively cheap and easy to build and mod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Goose
So anyway I'm gonna make a 2nd attempt at finding Future. If I can't find it, what other things could I substitute with?

- Depends on availability. As mentioned, Future is common in the Us thus why people use it. If you don't have it you'll have to spend the extra $$$ for Mr Color (Acrylic), Tamiya (Lacquer), or Testors (Lacquer) glosscoate/dullcote paints.

Some people have hit-and miss results buying car or house paint, but I recommend against it because some auto/house paints are too strong to be used on plastic so doublecheck first. I'm sick and tired of arguing with idiots that try to use Polycarbonate or some other type of paint and get surprised when their gunpla becomes a molten slop.

Wild Goose 2014-06-03 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 5139938)
- Depends on availability. As mentioned, Future is common in the Us thus why people use it. If you don't have it you'll have to spend the extra $$$ for Mr Color (Acrylic), Tamiya (Lacquer), or Testors (Lacquer) glosscoate/dullcote paints.

Some people have hit-and miss results buying car or house paint, but I recommend against it because some auto/house paints are too strong to be used on plastic so doublecheck first. I'm sick and tired of arguing with idiots that try to use Polycarbonate or some other type of paint and get surprised when their gunpla becomes a molten slop.

Thanks for the advice.

Well, I'll give it another shot on the weekend - there's a bigger Ace Hardware near Ikea, so I'm rather tempted to just go there, since I'll be in PJ on the weekend, and it might have what I'm looking for; the Ace in IOI Mall is pretty small.

And when/if all fails, I guess I'll just resort to buying a can of Mr. Hobby gloss coat. (Also good grief, the matte coat I bought is like fits in my hand!)

wavehawk 2014-06-03 04:54

Try getting Mr Super Clear, the grey cans. A bit more bang for your buck. Plus they've UV cut so a bit better protection for your paintjob from solar or display lighting UV rays.

Patriot's Blade 2014-06-03 19:46

yeah the AGE kits are really easy to kit bash or scratch build entirely due to their modular Wear system gimmicks, which is a total waste considering the series's status & could have been carefully executed the correct way, which is ironic that they have yet to appear in Build Fighters who's gimmick is creating your own designs, its a shame really,

did they also released the Wears that did not appear in the show too? counting the variants from the side stories & spin-offs?

ZeroXSEED 2014-06-03 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 5140606)
did they also released the Wears that did not appear in the show too? counting the variants from the side stories & spin-offs?

Only Razor, so far

Wild Goose 2014-06-03 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. (Post 5140606)
yeah the AGE kits are really easy to kit bash or scratch build entirely due to their modular Wear system gimmicks, which is a total waste considering the series's status & could have been carefully executed the correct way, which is ironic that they have yet to appear in Build Fighters who's gimmick is creating your own designs, its a shame really,

AGE couldn't appear in GBF because of exclusivity issues. Exia Repair was juuuust able to sneak in by the skin of its teeth.

ZeroXSEED 2014-06-04 01:19

http://s19.postimg.org/lkbi9s977/1401856683744.jpg

The corrected the colorscheme lol

MoonLightShadows 2014-06-04 02:09

:upset: I hope that's what we will get this time. All the promotion images last time showed it was violet, instead of the brownish purple we got.

Cant wait for Exia Amazing.
http://s4.postimg.org/vj47k5hod/1036...98820394_n.jpg

wavehawk 2014-06-04 03:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5140611)
Only Razor, so far

Razor and Artemis. I prefer Razor's look and style but my friends like Artemis for the big Kira Yamato Style Guns.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bqcCU_R6lo.../12072702a.jpg

Wild Goose 2014-06-04 05:31

Hmmmm. Just saw the K9 Pack on sale. I wonder if I could combine the K9 pack with my GM Sniper II?

bio9205 2014-06-04 08:59

I just picked up a RG Exia for myself today. It'll be my first experience with chromed parts! Could I get some advice from some of you expert modellers here on the proper/best way to remove them from the sprues? :D

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-06-04 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 5141119)
I just picked up a RG Exia for myself today. It'll be my first experience with chromed parts! Could I get some advice from some of you expert modellers here on the proper/best way to remove them from the sprues? :D

Well, I won't call myself an expert, but from my experience, you can't do much with chrome parts beside being careful when cutting the trees. Just do it like usual (but with extra care): cut the sprues with a nipper then carefully cut the leftovers with file or a very thin & sharp cutter. Do it gently (no rush allowed) if you want to get good result. That's pretty much what you can do to remove chrome parts. My experience includes MG Exia Trans-am, some 1-100 kits from Wing-line that have chrome-parts (eg. 1-100 Deathscythe-Hell's golden "ribs"), and others that I can't recall right now.

Maybe some more "experts" builders here can give better suggestions?

Skye629 2014-06-04 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5140834)
http://s19.postimg.org/lkbi9s977/1401856683744.jpg

The corrected the colorscheme lol

Unfortunately thats painted, we still have no idea what the oob kit will look like