AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Hiiro no Kakera (1st & 2nd seasons) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109051)

Bern-san 2011-12-19 18:14

Hiiro no Kakera (1st & 2nd seasons)

YES YES YES
It's been a while since the anime was confirmed, but now we have the release date, staff and seiyuu (they're the same from the game, aside the MC)
The anime will premiere in April 2012 on Yomiuri TV, Tokyo MX, and other stations.
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0...ront_large.jpg
Animation: Studio DEEN
Director: Bob Shirohata (Hetalia - Axis Powers, Gravitation)
Script: Yoshiko Nakamura (Hakuōki, Junjō Romantica)
Chief animation director and character designs: Naoyuki Onda (Gantz, Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago), who will adapt Yone Kazuki's (Hakuōki) original designs

Seiyuu:
Marie Miyake as Tamaki Kasuga
Kousuke Okano as Mahiro Atori
Tomokazu Sugita as Takuma Onizaki
Daisuke Hirakawa as Suguru Ōmi
Daisuke Namikawa as Yūichi Komura
Hiroki Shimowada as Shinji Inukai

Plot:
Quote:

The story is centered around Tamaki Kasuga, a 17-year-old high school girl. When her parents have to go overseas for work, Tamaki moves to her mother's hometown in the mountains with her grandmother. On the day that Tamaki arrives at the village, she encounters strange creatures, only to be saved by a mysterious boy. The boy, Takuma Onizaki, is the first of five Guardians of the Tamayohime that Tamaki meets.
Source:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...st-date-listed

Haak 2011-12-20 13:02

So we meet again, Deen...

Dr. Casey 2011-12-20 13:47

Ah man, I'm reading the Wikipedia page for the game and can already tell I'm totally going to love this. Hoping it's going to be a two cour, since I'd always rather see something this awesome be lengthy rather than the usual 12-13 episode crap.

Reckoner 2011-12-20 19:16

Too bad studio DEEN is a death sentence to a show. Enjoy your craptastic adaption. Doesn't matter how good the source is, this is going to hell.

Kaioshin Sama 2011-12-20 19:23

Well here's to this show probably looking worse than the PS2 games graphics. :heh:

Pocari_Sweat 2011-12-20 19:32

Deen + Fujioshi material. Will not watch.

Flower 2011-12-20 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 3911537)

http://circvsmaximvs.com/images/smilies/happy/heh.gif

Pretty convincing....

fertygo 2011-12-20 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 3911537)

Eh?
Fujoshi material is usually good to watch, like Sengoku Basara, Tiger&Bunny, DRRR!, Natsume, etc.

I take those anyday over usual otaku bait.

Fujoshi > Otaku. They support more good show! wooooooooo. Keep your good job gals.

And p.s take this post with grain of salt, I don't want Kaioshin quote me with essay :p

Pocari_Sweat 2011-12-20 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by fertygo (Post 3911545)
Eh?
Fujoshi material is usually good to watch, like Sengoku Basara, Tiger&Bunny, DRRR!, Natsume, etc.

Fujoshi > Otaku. They support more good show! wooooooooo. Keep your good job gals.

Fujioshi are otaku...

fertygo 2011-12-20 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemiSoda (Post 3911553)
Fujioshi are otaku...

Basketball player is an athlete, my teacher teach that in elementary, thank you.

Btw I should said this in my first post, do better job instead than posting something useless like "Well its another crap by DEEN" if you not have any intention aside that.

Duo Maxwell 2011-12-20 21:22

Quote:

Eh?

To be honest, not once did I think Sengoku Basara and Tiger & Bunny are fujoshi material. I always considered them are something that only man can enjoy (Sengoku Basara especially) :heh:.
Heck, I didn't even think Hetalia was one.

Kaioshin Sama 2011-12-20 22:52

Quote:

Eh?

And p.s take this post with grain of salt, I don't want Kaioshin quote me with essay :p

lol I know I've been a cranky bastard lately and have been giving people a hard time, just seems to come with season the season. Going to make an effort to get away from that over the next week cause I don't want everybody to completely hate my guts before the years is over. :uhoh:

Anyway, I don't know, even though I'm sure this quote is at least partially in jest at my expense, from where I'm standing there could be some credibility to this statement. Shows that take into account Fujoshi interests seem to be ones that I take a liking to as well. Maybe that's because they usually seem to come with some hot blooded action, interesting characters and at least moderately complex plotting. At least that's how I tend to find it.

Also Tiger & Bunny does have a sizeable amount of yaoi fanart and does seem to have struck it off quite a bit with Fujoshi, but it's definitely not the only reason it was popular as I've seen some people try to claim elsewhere and it's first and foremost a buddy superhero show before it's fujoshi bait for sure. Plot and characters were just to cool in my book to be nothing more than fujoshi bait.

Also while at least I know I'm partially joking with the Deen thing, lately their series have come across as pretty cheap and half-assed on the production side. Even Higurashi fans can't stand the new OVA for example. They just haven't been very good at all lately and there standard seems to be to do really low budget bordering on bare bones adaptations of popular source material to try to cash in while pissing off fans of the source in the process and making them wish that it had gone to another studio that would have at least tried to give the adaptation a decent budget if nothing else.

Westlo 2011-12-21 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 3911698)
To be honest, not once did I think Sengoku Basara and Tiger & Bunny are fujoshi material. I always considered them are something that only man can enjoy (Sengoku Basara especially) :heh:.
Heck, I didn't even think Hetalia was one.

Capcom & Arc System Works (Guilty Gear+Blazblue) teamed up to make a Sengoku Basara fighting game. The loketests which usually have hardcore players testing the game was ruined because each one had legions of screaming fangirls screaming with joy as soon as one of their fav characters did something. (This aint no fucking joke, seriously) Aside from being rushed the lokestests being ruined is one of the reasons why the game sucked so to say...

People really underestimate the fujoshi fanbase through sheer ignorance or just trying to make them feel better about their views.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 3911803)
Also while at least I know I'm partially joking with the Deen thing, lately their series have come across as pretty cheap and half-assed on the production side. Even Higurashi fans can't stand the new OVA for example. They just haven't been very good at all lately and there standard seems to be to do really low budget bordering on bare bones adaptations of popular source material to try to cash in while pissing off fans of the source in the process and making them wish that it had gone to another studio that would have at least tried to give the adaptation a decent budget if nothing else.

These fans need to learn to blame the publishers, it's them who choose DEEN and give them the budget after all... DEEN gets the low budget projects.. that they can constantly push out hits despite this shows why they continue to be used.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fertygo (Post 3911557)
Btw I should said this in my first post, do better job instead than posting something useless like "Well its another crap by DEEN" if you not have any intention aside that.

But that would cut out 90% of the discussion on Studio DEEN!

articuzwolf 2011-12-21 01:56

Studio DEEN did a really god job adapting Maison Ikkoku into anime (one of my fave as well)

but that was produced . . . errr . . . 25 years ago :heh:

Marcus H. 2011-12-21 02:01

Not going to say anything about DEEN or the possible demographic of this series.
The plot reminds me of Prétear for some reason.

Guardian Enzo 2011-12-21 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by articuzwolf (Post 3912038)
Studio DEEN did a really god job adapting Maison Ikkoku into anime (one of my fave as well)

but that was produced . . . errr . . . 25 years ago :heh:

You know, DEEN isn't my favorite studio by a long shot but this myth that they never make anything decent crops up every few months whenever they're attached to a new series. They've done some excellent work - recently Giant Killing was excellent and Shounen Onmyouji quite good. They also did Patlabor, Fruits Basket, the RK OVAs (yeah, the story was a disaster but they looked fantastic). Obviously they're not a quality machine but I wouldn't write off a new show just because they were producing it.

Archon_Wing 2011-12-21 20:07

Their work as of late has been pretty disgusting though. The main problem is with the sickeningly bad production values. They absolutely caused Umineko to bomb, because they were too cheap to even bother polishing up the blurays.

Yes, not everything they've done is terrible but I don't the few great successes, especially when a few like the Kenshin OVAs, were made a while back where most likely had different people doing it.

Plus they tend to piss on what they did right too. Upcoming Kenshin anyone? :heh:

So, yes, there's worse, but DEEN tends to be a harbinger of doom more often than not.

gebleg 2011-12-28 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by fertygo
But those series you mentioned are not by Deen at all. And honestly Prod.I.G, Sunrise&Brainbase are a whole lot better animation studio compared to the recent Deen anyways, especially on the production values. At least their animes still looks a whole lot better/good compared to Deen bishies series. I guess unlike me, most of the female otaku/fujoshi in japan (aside from story-wise) didn't really care too much on animation quality, prod. values, etc. Let alone demanding animation/graphics quality which at least like Seirei no moribito, Fate/Zero, HanaIro, Chihayafuru, etc they already satisfied enough with Deen ones.

PreSage 2012-02-20 23:50

It's about time! Been dying for this to turn anime.

Is Studio Deen that bad? I never pay much attention to who makes them but, after googling it up, they did Hakuoki Shinsengumi - and the animation/design wasn't that bad at all for that series.

But they also did make Samurai Deeper Kyo and, while the animation looked nice, they totally killed the real plot for that awesome manga...dammit! :frustrated: Let us hope they don't butcher the plot for this series. Any good knews on the script writer and producer? (I'm not familiar with their names.) They're often the important people.

Also, with reverse harem series like these, I'm iffy about whether they'll have a canon pairing at the end. So tired of those open-ending/open-pairings. Augh!

Kakkou 2012-02-21 00:48

I'm surprised they didn't get Atsuko Nakajima to adapt the character designs again like they did with Hakuouki. Still unsure about this show. The overall cast isn't really roping me in nor is the premise. I might give it an episode at best.

As for the usual DEEN discussion, I still have some (renewed) faith in their ability to make series with decent to even good production as well as an open ending that doesn't murder source continuity thanks to their second season of Nurarihyon no Mago. Sure it was not without their usual tricks but it's still one of their prettiest and competently produced TV series in recent times. Of course, since not many gave a damn about it, their bad streak still continues in the eyes of many.