AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Attack on Titan (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Attack on Titan - Episode 37 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=148522)

Klashikari 2017-06-17 07:57

Attack on Titan - Episode 37 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Attack on Titan, Episode 37.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Stark700 2017-06-17 10:39

This was awesome. Taking revenge against the Titan that devoured Eren's mom...

Action is fluid along with the stellar soundtrack. Mikasa manages to free Eren and I think this episode did a decent job at capturing the emotions of the characters in particular between Mikasa and Eren.

Overall liked the psychology in this episode including the talk between Krista and Ymir.
Got what I had expected.

Ultragunner 2017-06-17 10:45

damnnnn.....dat scene between Eren and Mikasa :hyper-^v^:

MrTerrorist 2017-06-17 11:10

Awesome episode!
RIP Hannes.
Now we know why Eren is special that Reiner's hometown wants him: he can control Titans.
Hange confirms what we all suspected: the Titans were once humans.
And that teaser at the end!

blakstealth 2017-06-17 12:12

This is the last episode, right?

Holy crap, what a cliffhanger. Who the heck was that guy in the end? And now we know why they wanted Eren so much. He really has a sick ass ability.

DemonneoPT 2017-06-17 12:14

Nice ending episode for the series. I wonder why some titans become zombie-like machines and others still maintain conscience like Eren or Reiner. The series has so much potential and interesting material to be explored. Looking forward season 3 :)

Overall, i think this second season was better than the first. Especially because of the awesome pace. The animation was solid and really stood up in the action scenes (except for those awfull stillshots but nothing is perfect i guess). The OST epic as always and all the mistery within the story really makes me wanting for more. I'm glad we had this after waiting for so long!

frodonk 2017-06-17 12:34

So, do we have to wait years again to get season 3? :heh:

Mad Pierrot 2017-06-17 12:47

I still can't get used to the creepy ending theme song. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by frodonk (Post 6097715)
So, do we have to wait years again to get season 3? :heh:

Only one this time :D http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-2018/.117628

Ultragunner 2017-06-17 14:19

not gonna lie, I actually teared up a bit when Mikasa told Eren her feelings (though not exactly love), but it was just done so right, the cinematography, the colour, the music and especially the voice acting enormous props to her seiyuu - Yui Ishikawa :D

and I gotta love their dynamic, just when Eren was mopping and in despair of his powerlessness, Mikasa was the one that picked him up, just by genuine words of gratitude, damnnnn.....

EDIT: I am a manga reader, yet dem feels cannot be helped :heh:

Klashikari 2017-06-17 15:03

^ Pretty much why I think it is kind of weird to immediately consider Mikasa as a plain "yandere". She does has yan tendencies, but these alone don't define her character as a whole.

Ever since they announced it would be 1 cour, I expected them to stop on that part of the story which definitely made sense back then. It has as much impact as how S1 ended and it wouldn't screw the pacing for a possible S3.

Needless to say, they did a very good job with the general mood and cinematography for the whole S2. Although they couldn't really have a top notch production (use of CGI, padding etc), the new director really did a great job for the rest.

Hopefully, S3 will keep the same team and same direction.

zalem 2017-06-17 15:34

Awww, I loved the Eren and Mikasa scene. Dem feels.

Overall, I'm very happy with the season and look forward to season 3. Even though I'm a manga reader and know all that's going to happen I love actually seeing all my favorite things animated. Makes a huge difference.

Friday 2017-06-17 18:10

so long and farewell to another great season :)

probaly another 3 years for next season.....

crafty_bernardo 2017-06-17 20:27

Was that Eren's father at the end?

I thought Mikasa was going to fight and die when she confessed to Eren

Eren's new ability to control titans, not sure how I feel. Seems like a 'cheap' weapon upgrade.

larethian 2017-06-17 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafty_bernardo (Post 6097856)
Was that Eren's father at the end?

How can that be? Different voice...
He's the pilot of the beast titan :heh: based on voice and credits.

crafty_bernardo 2017-06-17 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 6097875)
How can that be? Different voice...
He's the pilot of the beast titan :heh: based on voice and credits.

I have bad memory, so seeing this mysterious character made me throw an awful guess :D

ReddyRedWolf 2017-06-17 23:14

That Titan watching Eren and Mikasa was so entranced by the scene.:heh:

Bert, Reiner and Annie was just making a Wild Assed Guess on who has the Coordinate. Eren or Christa.

But as Reiner put it Eren is the worst possible person, for them, to have the power to control Titans even them.

When was the last time we saw something similar? Oh yes when Eren ordered Mikasa to fight and save herself.

In which comes the horror. Did Mikasa love Eren of her own accord or did Eren accidentally get himself a waifu through his power?

Mikasa was really hoping for a kiss. Too bad Eren is too much of blockhead to notice when all the signs are there.

Kakurin 2017-06-18 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf (Post 6097916)
In which comes the horror. Did Mikasa love Eren of her own accord or did Eren accidentally get himself a waifu through his power?

Mikasa's no titan nor a titan shifter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafty_bernardo (Post 6097908)
I have bad memory, so seeing this mysterious character made me throw an awful guess :D

I can see where that's coming from. Bad memory plus glasses plus beard. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friday (Post 6097815)
so long and farewell to another great season :)

probaly another 3 years for next season.....

Already announced for 2018.

zalem 2017-06-18 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf (Post 6097916)

Mikasa was really hoping for a kiss. Too bad Eren is too much of blockhead to notice when all the signs are there.

I keep seeing people making this comment (not just here, elsewhere too). But look at what's happening in the scene. It's not exactly the right time to be kissing someone. He needed to get his ass up to fight, which he did. I think his words to her were just as effective as any kiss.

Applehell 2017-06-18 03:02

That was an excellent finale!

Heart-racing, enduring and genuinely intriguing events all wrapped up in one episode. Hannes wasn't a character who had a lot of screentime and would been easily forgetable if wasn't as well defined by his relationship with Eden and Mikasa. So when he dies you certainly feel for both him and Eren. Then the scene that comes up afterward with Eden and Mikasa is more powerful because of it.

Beyond this the thing that leaves the most curious was Yimir's change of heart once she saw Eden awakening his coordinate powers. From what I can infer and theorized from Yimir, Reiner and Berth's statements and actions something really bad going to happen within the Walls in the very near future. Something that humans there can't handle with their currently of technology alone. This probably related to the Titans in the Walls themselves who are everywhere. If they were to wakeup it's not needless to say things are pretty much over. So with true worth and secret of Eren's power being his ability to control Titans I could see why Yimir could change her mind. This not even getting into how reclaiming Wall Maria in 104th's lifetime is much more posdoble.

Curiously, I wonder if THIS how the Beast Titan has been controlling the other Titans. It may be even related into how ordinary humans have turning into Titans.

All in all I think I actually enjoyed this even more than the first seaon despite having half the episode count, which is no esay feet it was one of my favoites of that when it was airing. To be honest be though, I hear that plot develop in pretty controversial direction leading to a lot cristicsm about it. I'll judge it myself when the time comes, but for now I am enjoying the narrative at this moment.

wingdarkness 2017-06-18 03:13

Um, where the hell did Reiner and company end up? It appeared they were lying on the wall where our heroes preside...