AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Seeking old/new anime... (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=10423)

Saizen 2004-03-28 15:37

Seeking old/new anime...

Well as the topic says, I'm seeking Anime, I've just finished watching Great Teacher Onizuka and I've come to love Anime thats related to japanese schools, its quite intertaining, I like drama/comedy/action/scifi. I'm not sure what to watch next, I dunno if theres something related to schools out there like GTO... I like Mythic stuff too...

Some anime I've watched,
GTO>Naruto>Chrno Crusader>Gilgamesh>Last Exile>Inuyasha>Onegai Twins>DN Angel>Peace Maker Kurogane>Demon Eyes Kyo>Ninja Scroll>Da Capo>Love Hina>All Gundams>Gunsliger Girls> and sooo much more...

It you can think about anything please reply!
If u can add a picture of the anime or a bref story overview that'd be great but not required ;)

Thanks alot

Secca 2004-03-28 15:56

Try this:

Sakigake!! Cromartie High - It's a comedy show about a bunch delinquent high school students. It's so ridicilous you have to see it yourself. :heh:

klansm 2004-03-28 16:34

Cromartie High :
Yeah, it's really insane. I suggest you to download it from IRC A-M verson.

Try Last Exile too. it's veeeeeeeeeeeeeery good. Macross Zero...

daliinn 2004-03-28 17:34

hmm, i think im going to suggest Fruits Basket to you. Its a great dramatic comedy. Very addictive too

Sethi 2004-03-28 18:28

Like daliinn said watch Fruit Basket it's excellent.
Kareshi Kanojo No Jijou is also very good.
Also Gokusen is pretty similar to GTO since it's a woman that is the sucessor of a Yakuza family goes to teach in a problematic school you get the picture right.

otakunater 2004-03-29 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by daliinn
hmm, i think im going to suggest Fruits Basket to you. Its a great dramatic comedy. Very addictive too

this fruits basket sounds pretty good, know where I could download some?

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by otakunater
this fruits basket sounds pretty good, know where I could download some?

sorry, it's licensed, my mistake

Zoya 2004-03-30 17:53

Although neither of my suggestions are like GTO, they both are school related.

Kodocha - School kids comedy/drama. Very heavy on the antic comedy at the beginning.

Tenshi na Konimaiki - School kids/Action/Comedy. Very funny comedy with lots of SD and physical ha-ha's.

Slade xTekno 2004-03-30 19:37

If you liked the school theme, you might like Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu? It's a comedy based on the antics of a teenaged super-soldier in a Japanese high school.

Sugetsu 2004-03-31 00:11

Ignore them! ignore them all :D Future boy Conan, Rose of versailles and
Hunter x hunter are exactly what you are asking for and you can download them from animesuki.com :) There is nothing out there that can beat those 3 :D (well may be Saint Seiya and Berserk but those are licensed) GO GO GO!

Kamui4356 2004-03-31 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saizen
I like drama/comedy/action/scifi.

Hmm... That sounds just like Nadesico. :) It's licensed, but you can get the box set of $90 or less if you shop around. :)

TDKNL 2004-03-31 04:31

suggestions:

- Tokyo Underground
- Gravion Zwei
- Rizelmine
- Green Green
- Fullmetal Alchemist (must see :))
- Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu (it rocks :D)
- Scrapped Princess
- Yumeria
- Hunter X Hunter

All great series :p