AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-03-13 14:21

Info from a dendrobium HGM1/550 scale owner "its about 34cm long from the tip of the canon till the end of the engines fins" :D

I dont like that :( I would like to complete all 0083 as a 1/144 scale ...

Komataguri 2006-03-13 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Marshal_AEB
Info from a dendrobium HGM1/550 scale owner "its about 34cm long from the tip of the canon till the end of the engines fins" :D

I dont like that :( I would like to complete all 0083 as a 1/144 scale ...


There is a 1/144 dendrobium out there, but it goes for over a hundred bucks and is like...2 or 3 feet long.

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-03-13 16:10

ya its over 80cm (from back engin to cannon tip) and it over 7KG (weights), price in East countries ranges 225-260 USD, in West countries 320-360 USD.

(shipping cost not included which excedes 100USD by AIRper or Xprs)

tip ; malysian stores sells as US prices (sounds like a rip off :p ) they are near jap they should sell in a good prices as HK and Korea.

Anyway I'll get that Dendrobium from a friend for 400USD (shipping included)

dj898 2006-03-13 21:10

.... oops!

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-03-14 03:43

Currently working on a HG1/144 Providence (I had a 1/100 before and its standing in front of freedom) to complete my SEED HG1/144 collection, so what it can be usful for as attaching into something or should I just put it with the other SEED (TV) HG1/144 standing beside Dual Assult ?

dj898 2006-03-14 15:48

had a rather long half day session with bunch of mates - and finishing off several projects that were running late... :P

ok. here are some of pictures taken - sorry for the poor lighting as these were taken at late night on the dining table.

PG Gundam
PG Zaku II
MG Goof Custom
MG Gundam OYW

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-03-14 16:19

It seems to me that youre OYW gundam had some pannels filled as you removed some details ... am I right or wrong ??

dj898 2006-03-14 17:12

no it's basically built out of box unlike I did earlier which has extended legs and arms...
probably due to poor lighting...


next meeting one of us will bring s portable studio setup so we can take better portraits of 'em... these were just some snap shots I took - as you can tell from the rough grain - when he had pizza break

dj898 2006-03-14 20:32

after done few PG RX-78 kits always feel sorry for this little guy...
so took few moment to paint it - hardest part being painting Amuro figure. had to use those magnifying glass thingy while painting and bit of help from mates... :p

pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

sorry for the seams and all as it wasn't properly finished - I just grab one I snap together and apply painting without primer...

Komataguri 2006-03-14 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Marshal_AEB
ya its over 80cm (from back engin to cannon tip) and it over 7KG (weights), price in East countries ranges 225-260 USD, in West countries 320-360 USD.

(shipping cost not included which excedes 100USD by AIRper or Xprs)

tip ; malysian stores sells as US prices (sounds like a rip off :p ) they are near jap they should sell in a good prices as HK and Korea.

Anyway I'll get that Dendrobium from a friend for 400USD (shipping included)


I've seen the 1/144 dendrobium for around $160 :\

dj898 2006-03-15 00:59

wasn't there fix figuration version of it as well?

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-03-15 01:12

No fix of it !
The biggest Fix is DEEP Striker Gundam
http://www.a-eblitz.com/images/st&act/DEEP-StrikerG.JPG
ranges from 80-100USD

The lowest price I ever seen was in HongKong for 220USD.
And 160USD :s ... is there some bidding ? or the DVD is missing ? :p

Akyra 2006-03-15 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komataguri
I've seen the 1/144 dendrobium for around $160 :\

140USD?! :twitch: WHERE? I've seen ONE in AUstralia, but I didnt' even bother to ask when I saw a 1/100 Strike Gundam there for 55~60 bucks.

dj898 2006-03-15 09:10

and here's my take on One Year War version.
painted in MAX style shading though came out bit heavier... :upset:
it's straight built out of box.

MG Gundam OYW 1
MG Gundam OYW 2

and bonus shots of MG Goof Custom.. :D

MG Goof Custom 1
MG Goof Custom 2

Blue hasn't come out as I was expecting... :mad:

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-03-15 11:12

I dont think there's a place sells a new Dendrobium for 140$ :s maybe its buy every container sepretly (where it comes container A and B) so 160x2 is 320 which is the US most popular price

Nesty 2006-03-15 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj898
and here's my take on One Year War version.
painted in MAX style shading though came out bit heavier... :upset:
it's straight built out of box.

MG Gundam OYW 1
MG Gundam OYW 2

and bonus shots of MG Goof Custom.. :D

MG Goof Custom 1
MG Goof Custom 2

Blue hasn't come out as I was expecting... :mad:

don't worry too much about it, it came out fine. though the max shading wasn't as good from the gundam as it was with the gouf :)

Shinji103 2006-03-15 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj898
and here's my take on One Year War version.
painted in MAX style shading though came out bit heavier... :upset:
it's straight built out of box.

MG Gundam OYW 1
MG Gundam OYW 2

and bonus shots of MG Goof Custom.. :D

MG Goof Custom 1
MG Goof Custom 2

Blue hasn't come out as I was expecting... :mad:

Sweet modeling. :)

dj898 2006-03-15 17:17

and here is comparison shots of two One Year War version - one finished in clean and another in MAX style shading.

two OYW

looking at them side by side this does look like good comparison between MAX style shading and clean non shading finish...

the clean one's I modified and painted for a mate of mine who wants his MS clean and shiny like just rolled off the production line. For me I like mine heavy in shadow as it gives the model depth and more 3D - not too mention it looks like it's been out on field for some time when I add the weathering... :p

manoflegend12 2006-03-16 00:22

Selling Gundam Kits
 
Hi guys,

just got something from my supplier in Japan, a bunch of models actually. Wondering if anyone is interested...

I got Master Grade Sazabi $ 115 CAD
MG Hyakushiki (gold plated) $60CAD
Perfect Grade Zaku (Char's Red Comet) for $ 160 CAD
And a bunch of other ones too, just ask on the forum if you're interested.

I live in Toronto Canada, so anyone interested and who has the cash holla at me. Note that these prices are cheaper than what you would find at a retail store and no taxes applies.

theOtherGuy 2006-03-16 00:52

You wouldn't happen to ship things to the US would you?

Anyways, hey guys. How do people set their models in like that great lightning (ie: http://home.att.net/~skylabhanger/rgm79_3.jpg). Is it just the work of a camera?

Nesty 2006-03-16 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by manoflegend12
Hi guys,

just got something from my supplier in Japan, a bunch of models actually. Wondering if anyone is interested...

I got Master Grade Sazabi $ 115 CAD
MG Hyakushiki (gold plated) $60CAD
Perfect Grade Zaku (Char's Red Comet) for $ 160 CAD
And a bunch of other ones too, just ask on the forum if you're interested.

I live in Toronto Canada, so anyone interested and who has the cash holla at me. Note that these prices are cheaper than what you would find at a retail store and no taxes applies.


do you live in toronto? i asked the worst question ever -_-; NM haha

do you run a store or do u simply get it from a supplier from japan?

dj898 2006-03-16 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by theOtherGuy
You wouldn't happen to ship things to the US would you?

Anyways, hey guys. How do people set their models in like that great lightning (ie: http://home.att.net/~skylabhanger/rgm79_3.jpg). Is it just the work of a camera?

they use small studio.
something like to be found here

theOtherGuy 2006-03-16 04:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj898
they use small studio.
something like to be found here

I see...then I guess all my pictures will just have to look bad. :(

dj898 2006-03-16 05:43

well all you need are couple of desk lamps and a small box or enclosure with three sides...

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-03-16 09:43

I use desk lamp and PlaPlates if I want a white back ground, for colored back grounds I use some big note books (FIVESTARS) and boxs .... anything flat :D

manoflegend12 2006-03-16 12:09

Sure why not , i can ship
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by theOtherGuy
You wouldn't happen to ship things to the US would you?

Anyways, hey guys. How do people set their models in like that great lightning (ie: http://home.att.net/~skylabhanger/rgm79_3.jpg). Is it just the work of a camera?


Ya i can ship, but at your expense :p , check your local retail store for prices, because i don't like to rip people off on shipping. I am a hobbyist too, and I personally hate paying extra on shipping. But if you do find my prices competitive, then by all means holla at me, I'll gladly ship.

manoflegend12 2006-03-16 12:30

Heh no store no.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nesty
do you live in toronto? i asked the worst question ever -_-; NM haha

do you run a store or do u simply get it from a supplier from japan?


No sir, I wish i own a bloody store. The reason for the cheaper price is b/c i don't need to pay rent in a mall and hydro and electricity and such. For example, pacific mall sells a perfect grade zeta gundam for 315$+taxes. I can sell u one for 250CAD without tax. But that has recently been bought, so i'm out of stock lol. But ya i run a small thing trying to make a little marginal cash for tuition for university, so if you're interested I can definitely sell you a kit if u find my prices competitive.

Nesty 2006-03-16 13:04

at this moment i ain't got no cash but when i do, i'll definately consider ur model goods as a source of models ^_^

GameraBaenre 2006-03-16 13:16

Quote:

Anyways, hey guys. How do people set their models in like that great lightning (ie: http://home.att.net/~skylabhanger/rgm79_3.jpg). Is it just the work of a camera?
Taking pictures is very easy. Here's an example of how I take pictures:
http://www.gamerabaenre.com/images/r...%20076_jpg.jpg
And the resulting pictures can be found here: http://www.gamerabaenre.com/ryofu.htm

I'm using GE reveal lightbulbs. The white things over the lights are just tracing paper to create a "lightbox" type effect. Softening the light. The background is just a big piece of paper with clips holding it down at front and some sturdy objects behind. The paper just leans up against the object behind, and with the curve in the paper, it will like like a seamless background. Hope this helps.

dj898 2006-03-16 17:49

I always forgot to buy those portable mini studio they sell in Japan every time I visit for business trip... :(
last time I was in Tokyo I spent more time to entertain our guest so had no time for me :(

theOtherGuy 2006-03-16 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by manoflegend12
No sir, I wish i own a bloody store. The reason for the cheaper price is b/c i don't need to pay rent in a mall and hydro and electricity and such. For example, pacific mall sells a perfect grade zeta gundam for 315$+taxes. I can sell u one for 250CAD without tax. But that has recently been bought, so i'm out of stock lol. But ya i run a small thing trying to make a little marginal cash for tuition for university, so if you're interested I can definitely sell you a kit if u find my prices competitive.

So, do you have any Gundam SEED kits?

manoflegend12 2006-03-16 19:29

Uh which SEED kit do you want?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by theOtherGuy
So, do you have any Gundam SEED kits?

Hi there, as of now I would have to order them from my supplier. I don't have any seed kits rightnow. If you're interested i can definitely give you a quote as to how much you have to pay and such. Give me the whereabouts of your location and I'll work out shipping costs too. And of course, ya gotta tell me which kit u want haha.

theOtherGuy 2006-03-16 20:05

Well...I've very far, so it's quite alright. I just thought if you had any GS kits on hand, why not. But don't worry about it.

dj898 2006-03-18 17:38

after weekend battle between RX-78-2 and Zaku II I present you the winner! ;D

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4083/p10601040dn.jpg
*MA rated so no peeking for kids :p

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-03-19 10:03

The finger should be pointed at the zaku not for the viewers ... and i think using both hands will be just like StoneColdSA but nice work man I still like the RX

dj898 2006-03-19 18:58

sorry the picture was taken after discussion on another forum where discussion got heated up betwen Zeon and EFSF... suppose I could mosaic out the finger...

LightningZERO 2006-03-20 11:58

I just bought my first master grade, Gundam MK-II Version 2.0. It came with 2 sticker and another piece of whatever it is for detailing. I just don't understanding what is the third pieces and how to use it, so can anyone help me with it? Thanks!!!

Sety 2006-03-20 13:10

It might be a transfer.........though I'll leave it for someone else who knows.

Komataguri 2006-03-20 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO
I just bought my first master grade, Gundam MK-II Version 2.0. It came with 2 sticker and another piece of whatever it is for detailing. I just don't understanding what is the third pieces and how to use it, so can anyone help me with it? Thanks!!!


Probably transfers.


if you have any aspirations of painting that model, wait until after you paint it before even messing with them.

LightningZERO 2006-03-20 21:26

How to use transfer?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:01.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.