AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

kct 2006-09-26 11:56

Akatsuki conversion from MG Strike.

http://www.zlpla.co.kr/zeroboard/vie...gallery&no=971

dbj 2006-09-26 14:25

hey i just brought a gundam wing zero mg 1/100 my right wing is loose i cant lift the wing so it stays in mid air can leave it on the side of the gundam. also the left back wing is a bit loose as well.. it's the joints problem, i read soemwhere you can use white glue??? if so,can i use super glue instead? is white glue PVA glue?
and one last thing... the stickers i got like a iron on type of sticker.. how do i apply it? thanks in advance!

SNT1 2006-09-26 14:47

^I usually put a little piece of tissue paper between the joints---it should give it some temporary stability. Otherwise, just paint the thing, usually in my case a coat of primer usually works.

dj898 2006-09-26 18:40

juts put thin coat of super glue on the joint peg and once dried completely it will give the needed friction...

duotiga 2006-09-26 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct
Akatsuki conversion from MG Freedom.

wow....thats very nice conversion!!!!!:cool: :heh:

Tak 2006-09-26 19:31

Boy, the MG Freedom surely is being abused to no end!

- Tak

duotiga 2006-09-26 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak

- Tak

funny no one use MG Strike as baseline:eyespin:

Traks 2006-09-26 20:44

You do use the MG Strike for this conversion.

Tak 2006-09-26 20:45

Actually, Traks is right. That IS a MG Strike.

- Tak

Traks 2006-09-26 20:52

The conversion is awsome. :love: IMO Vicious Projects did a much better job on the Akatsuki than they did on the Destiny.

dj898 2006-09-26 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak

- Tak

well here's another Freedom with Dragonar-1 armour on...

Nesty 2006-09-26 23:51

another awesome akatsuki ^_^

kct 2006-09-27 00:16

My bad. It is a conversion from MG Strike, I was posting the message at midnight with a bad connection.

Still a nice conversion, although the funnels looked kind of long.

aikming 2006-09-27 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct
Akatsuki conversion from MG Strike.

Excellent conversion, and as they mentioned, it's MG strike rather than freedom.

I dont remember if Akatsuki has any beam rifle like freedom???? but it's a re-modelling anyway.

sx3 2006-09-27 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga

could it be... STARGAZER HAS A PISTOL!

duotiga 2006-09-27 01:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by sx3
could it be... STARGAZER HAS A PISTOL!

i think is the same video pod gun which Outframe uses also :o

sx3 2006-09-27 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga
i think is the same video pod gun which Outframe uses also :o

LALALLA LIES! ALL LIES! YOU LIE :mad: ITS A PISTOL ><

theOtherGuy 2006-09-27 02:49

Why need pistols when it can hug mechs to death.

kct 2006-09-27 04:00

More like the beam rifles that the DSSD Astray uses.

rapha 2006-09-27 05:07

about the MG CROSSBONE
I'm thinking on buying some black silk and using the felt mantle as a model to cut/etc
what do you guys think ? would another kind of textile fit better for him ?
:rolleyes:

cyw1988 2006-09-27 05:13

I doubt the stargazer has any offensive weaponary systems... its much more of a scout/observation unit than a war machine...

LightningZERO 2006-09-27 06:49

It's a lie!!! Stargazer is the ultimate Gundam with a powerful ring which can destroy Earth in an instance!!!

duotiga 2006-09-27 09:09

MG CrossBone Ker Ka is out!!!!

kct 2006-09-27 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyw1988
I doubt the stargazer has any offensive weaponary systems... its much more of a scout/observation unit than a war machine...

Raystas are primarily civilian use mobile suits built by the Junk Guild for civilian use, but they can carry weapons if the need arises, proven when some people attacked Lowe's base in GENESIS Alpha.

Meehlimo 2006-09-27 15:53

With stargazers ring seperated on its back like that it kinda remindeds me of the mech double edge from blue gender. It makes it look sumwhat cooler.
And on crossbones cockpit block is the skull optional cuz iv only seen it on there in one pic i like it.

cyw1988 2006-09-27 20:11

I meant they don't come build in with weapons... like most of the other offensive gundams out there... but yea probably it will lay its hands on a beam rifle or 2 when it has to defend itself...

Choki 2006-09-27 20:37

I think i saw on the main site that Stargazer does not have any weapons at all.

Fafnir 2006-09-27 21:04

Yeah, but it could probably hold a beam rifle or saber. Hell, if Buster Gundam wanted to, it could use sword strike's sword. Same thing with stargazer.

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2006-09-27 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafnir
Yeah, but it could probably hold a beam rifle or saber. Hell, if Buster Gundam wanted to, it could use sword strike's sword. Same thing with stargazer.

Indeed, it really depend on what kind of palm "socket" Stargazer has. Majority of hand-held weapons in CE is powered via the mobilesuit through the socket.

Since according to recent information, the Stargazer was built under some assistance from the Junk Guild, it is likely the palm sockets it uses would be compatable to both ZAFT and EA equipment.

Fafnir 2006-09-27 21:31

True, considering that the Junk guild is impartial, and since they collect all parts, they probably have access to... well... all the socket information, with the exception of the newest/most under wraps stuff. And even then, they can get to that(...Astrays...)

Of course, I'm hoping for a big magnifying glass to be found inside that ring... just toast 'em like ants!

sx3 2006-09-27 23:43

that would be nice to see a gundam liek stargazer actually pick up another suits rifle and fire and stuff, im so tired of seeing no resourceful ness, it would be cool to see freedom in danger and it grabs a ginn sword or something -.-

The_Marshal_AEB 2006-09-28 05:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akyra
WOW!...how did you get all those cages for those Evas?! I know there's only a cage for the "special edition" unit one (which I got from my friends as a b'day gift :D )...and no Unit 2?

their hangers are included in the Soul of chogokin, and thats why i didnt buy the HG ones :D ... unit 02 isnt there because 05 killed it :p

mangatron 2006-09-28 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct
Especially on how it and the Nu saved the world XD .

I thought it was just the round little cockpit pod :heh: :heh:

It was funny when Amuro stuck in the rock :heh:

dbj 2006-09-28 14:47

how to apply those text stickers that comes with mg models? the back isn't sticky at all..

Shinji103 2006-09-28 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbj
how to apply those text stickers that comes with mg models? the back isn't sticky at all..

Cut it out of the plastic, place it on the model where you want it, then rub it onto the piece with a ball point pen. It may take a little effort, sometimes they come off easy, sometimes they come off a bit harder.

cyw1988 2006-09-29 01:16

actually i think its better to gut them out, then soak in water and then stick the entire piece on the gundam, wait of it to dry, and then pull the sticker paper out... hmm... not sure but thats what i've seen ppl in japan do...

GameraBaenre 2006-09-29 02:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyw1988
actually i think its better to gut them out, then soak in water and then stick the entire piece on the gundam, wait of it to dry, and then pull the sticker paper out... hmm... not sure but thats what i've seen ppl in japan do...

No, the decals that come with MG kits are stickers or dry transfer. Stickers are what they are, stickers, peal and stick. Dry transfers are a little more tricky, you need to tape the decal onto the model, then use a pencil or other object and rub the decal until it comes off the plastic sheet and sticks onto the model.

What you are describing are waterslide decals, They usually have a blue paper backing and peal off the paper when they soak in water. You apply these decals by soaking them in water, then sliding the decal onto the model while the decal is still wet. then removing the paper before it gets dry. While the decal is still a little wet, you can move the decal around and position it, then take a paper towel and dab the decal until it's dry, if it moves out of position, just add a little bit of water back onto the decal and you can move it again.

If you have never tried something, please do not guess at something you have only seen, but never actually tried. You just end up giving bad advise.

Treize Khushrenada 2006-09-29 03:46

Got a question on the 1/100 Destiny. Does the stand only come with a "first production" run like the Strike Freedom, I Justice, and Legend? Or is the stand a default addition. Thanks.

duotiga 2006-09-29 03:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treize Khushrenada
Got a question on the 1/100 Destiny. Does the stand only come with a "first production" run like the Strike Freedom, I Justice, and Legend? Or is the stand a default addition. Thanks.

1st production edition

Treize Khushrenada 2006-09-29 03:49

Thanks for the quick response.