AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2011-09-15 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3767474)
maybe... i mean, the full saber OOQ was just a simulation in the manga but the OO seven sword /G was actually used.
they might do it like the delta gundam (which also was never actually build in the gundam continuity). they want to release a delta gundam if the delta plus and the upcoming hyku shiki 2.0 sell well. maybe they will release a FS OOQ when the OO seven sword sells well enough?
but since they havent released a lot of kits from the movie i kinda doubt that they will ever release it.

Well like I said, not as a whole new kit but just the trees for the Full Saber Weapon update as a Bandai MG kit and not a resin or like those magazine things...

And I think that Bandai isn't quite done with the 00 series so I'm hoping we get like MG Astraea, MG Exia R2, SD Astraea, etc...Oh and the MG O Gundam Type ACD. I know I mention them a lot but I just really want those kits and I don't see why Bandai still hasn't put them out yet...

I guess maybe they want to focus on the AGE series and get those EW Wing kits out as well as getting that MG Full Armor Unicorn release as well...?

Appel 2011-09-15 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3767511)
Well like I said, not as a whole new kit but just the trees for the Full Saber Weapon update as a Bandai MG kit and not a resin or like those magazine things...

And I think that Bandai isn't quite done with the 00 series so I'm hoping we get like MG Astraea, MG Exia R2, SD Astraea, etc...Oh and the MG O Gundam Type ACD. I know I mention them a lot but I just really want those kits and I don't see why Bandai still hasn't put them out yet...

I guess maybe they want to focus on the AGE series and get those EW Wing kits out as well as getting that MG Full Armor Unicorn release as well...?

i dont think they would ever do that. bandai usually doesnt release parts like that because they cant make a lot of money with that. only those who bought the OOQ would buy it and chances are that not all of them will do that.
and about the other kits you want, if there is not a lot of demand for a specific model then bandai wont release it. i could see the astraea or the exia R2 being released but i just dont see a O gundam happening.

suiton629 2011-09-15 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3767518)
i dont think they would ever do that. bandai usually doesnt release parts like that because they cant make a lot of money with that. only those who bought the OOQ would buy it and chances are that not all of them will do that.
and about the other kits you want, if there is not a lot of demand for a specific model then bandai wont release it. i could see the astraea or the exia R2 being released but i just dont see a O gundam happening.

Astraea and Exia Repair 2 you think are likely? Then why not O Gundam?

If they get a MG Exia Repair 2, then they might as well release the MG O Gundam. They already have a HG and SD for it, so why not the MG? And it's plays an important role in the 00 universe...

Appel 2011-09-15 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3767575)
Astraea and Exia Repair 2 you think are likely? Then why not O Gundam?

If they get a MG Exia Repair 2, then they might as well release the MG O Gundam. They already have a HG and SD for it, so why not the MG? And it's plays an important role in the 00 universe...

its not that easy. the exia and the astraea are very popular among fans and they can just use the originl exia to make those. the O gundam isnt really all that popular and it only had a couple of appearances during the run of the show. HG as SD kits are probably enough to satisfy the market in this case, at least thats how bandai seems to plan it.

suiton629 2011-09-15 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3767586)
its not that easy. the exia and the astraea are very popular among fans and they can just use the originl exia to make those. the O gundam isnt really all that popular and it only had a couple of appearances during the run of the show. HG as SD kits are probably enough to satisfy the market in this case, at least thats how bandai seems to plan it.

Well, the Exia Repair 2 only appeared in that final fight and the O Gundam appeared in the beginning of the show and towards the end of the show... So in that sense, it made more appearances.

But I will agree with you that they can use the MG Exia and modify it for the Exia Repair 2 and Astraea MG kits.

Still want an SD Astraea too.

=P

Appel 2011-09-15 12:45

the R2 only appeared in one episode but there are a few key factors that might give it an edge over the O gudam:
-its a lead gundam
-its the lead gundam from the final episode
-it already has a base that can easily be modified with a few new pieces
-its extremely popular

the O gundam isnt as popular, they would have to put a lor more work into it and it isnt a lead gundam. they might release it in the future but i just dont see it happen right now.

an SD astraea is very likely though in my opinion! SD kits are small and dont require a lot of planing. even if it doesnt sell well bandai can still make a profit with it.
thats the reason why they release so many HG and SD kits. they are small and inexpensive to make, so they can take a bigger risk with them.

suiton629 2011-09-15 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3767687)
the R2 only appeared in one episode but there are a few key factors that might give it an edge over the O gudam:
-its a lead gundam
-its the lead gundam from the final episode
-it already has a base that can easily be modified with a few new pieces
-its extremely popular

the O gundam isnt as popular, they would have to put a lor more work into it and it isnt a lead gundam. they might release it in the future but i just dont see it happen right now.

an SD astraea is very likely though in my opinion! SD kits are small and dont require a lot of planing. even if it doesnt sell well bandai can still make a profit with it.
thats the reason why they release so many HG and SD kits. they are small and inexpensive to make, so they can take a bigger risk with them.

Well if you want to get technical, the O Gundam is a "lead" in the 00 series as it is the prequel to the Exia.

kakakka 2011-09-15 13:08

No it's not

Appel 2011-09-15 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakakka (Post 3767713)

No it's not

yup, it totally isnt^^ the astraea is exias predecessor and the O gundam is the predecessor to all CB gundams.

but that probably doesnt make it important enough for bandai to give it a master grade^^
you see, the shows and mangas are essentially only there to make you buy the models. suits that get a big chunk of the spotlight and that are popular among the fans get a master grade or maybe even a perfect grade. everything else can be happy if it gets a 1/100 no grade XD

suiton629 2011-09-15 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3767730)
yup, it totally isnt^^ the astraea is exias predecessor and the O gundam is the predecessor to all CB gundams.

but that probably doesnt make it important enough for bandai to give it a master grade^^
you see, the shows and mangas are essentially only there to make you buy the models. suits that get a big chunk of the spotlight and that are popular among the fans get a master grade or maybe even a perfect grade. everything else can be happy if it gets a 1/100 no grade XD

So then by definition, isn't the O Gundam the predecessor to the Exia? :confused::confused:

Appel 2011-09-15 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3767731)
So then by definition, isn't the O Gundam the predecessor to the Exia? :confused::confused:

its not its direct predecessor.
the O gundam was just a testbed for their basic technology. that alone doesnt make it important enough in my opinion :P

Rising Dragon 2011-09-15 13:46

The 0 Gundam isn't a lead Gundam in the sense that it's not a protagonist Gundam--it wasn't piloted by Setsuna or Fon, therefore has little in the way of popularity.

Admittedly I'd prefer one 0 Gundam over the thousands upon thousands of RX-78-2s out there...

suiton629 2011-09-15 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3767754)
its not its direct predecessor.
the O gundam was just a testbed for their basic technology. that alone doesnt make it important enough in my opinion :P

And without it, Exia, 00, 00 Qan[T], etc would never have been created?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 3767757)
The 0 Gundam isn't a lead Gundam in the sense that it's not a protagonist Gundam--it wasn't piloted by Setsuna or Fon, therefore has little in the way of popularity.

Admittedly I'd prefer one 0 Gundam over the thousands upon thousands of RX-78-2s out there...

I guess in that respect it makes sense, but the 0 Gundam is just too important I think; enough to warrant a quick MG release. And yes. There are far too many RX-78-2 kits...

Scorpiopt 2011-09-15 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3766366)
dont mention it, it just took me a minute on google XD

i got these kits pretty much for the same reason (although i got the wing ver.ka and not the TV version). i knew that they would be rather basic but i NEEDED to have them! especially the freedom. in my case seed was the first gundam related show i watched^^

im also almost finished with the exias pieces. gonna finish the last bunch of parts tomorrow and maybe ill finish it on friday :P

edit: woa! the MG OOQ with LEDs and fibre optic cables! O_O
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_i8fwuSg_K...Cg/s1600/1.jpg

now THAT is what the OOQ should look like^^
but in my opinion thats something that bandai could improve on, proper lighting. they always just give us some LEDs and the light goes everywhere but you cant really get the light to many places with that... they kinda tried it with the strike freedom lightning edition but only with mixed success in my opinion.
i dont think something like this would be too difficult to implement in something like a PG kit!
that would be really cool, you wouldnt have to switch on all LEDs individually but just one and then the whole kit lights up^^

fucking awesome

Appel 2011-09-15 16:20

ah crap, i just saw that tomorrow the connichi starts here in germany... thats an anime convention and guess what they will be selling there... also, guess who doesnt have any money this month DX
but id have to drive there for 3 hours and they have a 30€ entry fee. i dont really want to do that only to find out that the gunpla there is extremely overpriced :P

edit: ok, i think i found something to compensate for that disappointment... the MG hypermode god gundam is available on HLJ! the first time i have ever seen that thing in stock! O_O i just had to order that...

Sworra 2011-09-15 17:08

so what will they be selling there? Unless you are refering to just MG, gunpla. etc. Or is there something in particular?

Appel 2011-09-15 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3767968)
so what will they be selling there? Unless you are refering to just MG, gunpla. etc. Or is there something in particular?

i was referring to gunpla^^ they have quite few exhibitors there, including Anime Export which is apparently europes biggest seller for mechas and stuff like that.
i havent heard about them yet, i need to check out their store online!

Sworra 2011-09-15 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3767971)
i was referring to gunpla^^ they have quite few exhibitors there, including Anime Export which is apparently europes biggest seller for mechas and stuff like that.
i havent heard about them yet, i need to check out their store online!

Indeed, you might just have some luck and have a national seller instead of HLJ all the time.

LokIdle 2011-09-15 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3766366)
edit: woa! the MG OOQ with LEDs and fibre optic cables! O_O
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_i8fwuSg_K...Cg/s1600/1.jpg

now THAT is what the OOQ should look like^^
but in my opinion thats something that bandai could improve on, proper lighting. they always just give us some LEDs and the light goes everywhere but you cant really get the light to many places with that... they kinda tried it with the strike freedom lightning edition but only with mixed success in my opinion.
i dont think something like this would be too difficult to implement in something like a PG kit!
that would be really cool, you wouldnt have to switch on all LEDs individually but just one and then the whole kit lights up^^

Is there some kind of explanation on how this is done? I'm looking for a way to make my still unbuild MG Unicorn a little bit more shiny and fibre optic cables sound like an interesting way to do it. The alternative would be LEDs. But you need like a dozen for the Unicorn and it seems really complicated. If this is not to hard to do then I might even be motivated to get a MG 00Q and build it the same way as in the picture.

On the topic of LEDs: would these work as a replacement for the LEDs Bandai uses in the 00Q and 00 Raiser? I think this should fit into the places where the LEDs are, maybe with the help of some glue. The original Bandai LEDs are somewhat hard to get...

Appel 2011-09-15 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3768016)
Indeed, you might just have some luck and have a national seller instead of HLJ all the time.

the problem is that their international shop is just as expensive as other japanese shops and their european site is in italian... i need to look into that a little more^^

Appel 2011-09-15 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by LokIdle (Post 3768021)
Is there some kind of explanation on how this is done? I'm looking for a way to make my still unbuild MG Unicorn a little bit more shiny and fibre optic cables sound like an interesting way to do it. The alternative would be LEDs. But you need like a dozen for the Unicorn and it seems really complicated. If this is not to hard to do then I might even be motivated to get a MG 00Q and build it the same way as in the picture.

On the topic of LEDs: would these work as a replacement for the LEDs Bandai uses in the 00Q and 00 Raiser? I think this should fit into the places where the LEDs are, maybe with the help of some glue. The original Bandai LEDs are somewhat hard to get...

here is the full article on the gundam guy blog:
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...ld-w-leds.html
apparently some sort of kit was used for this, the "Madman Lighting's Deluxe-8 LED & Fiber Optic Lighting kit" as it is called.
i have no idea how to use something like that but it does have a lot of advantages compared to LEDs. you basically just need one light source somewhere and the light travels any where you want through the fibre optic cables. especially for the unicorn this would be a great alternative!

about that LED set on HLJ you linked to, i have no idea if that would work. the whole unit seems to be pretty big compared to bandai LEDs and you would have to hide the switch somewhere, too.

maknaedik 2011-09-15 19:26

Page 1102 was spared, at least..

Anyway, Chances of getting MG FA Unicorn for December is HIGH as the next event will display one. Though I'd be glad if it isn't a fanmade but the real prototype. If that pushes through, I think it deserves the 150th spot of the MG line, though I won't buy it.

0 Gundam is important, technology wise. But even yithout it, the series would have still aired because the name of the series says "00" and not "0" :) Also, for it to get an MG release quickly, I don't think so. Astreas (white and red) have a higher chance IMO since their molds are not really far from Exia's. Lastly, it's has been hinted that early next year, it'll be the 3 Age-1 MGs, which I'm excited about. I will only get the Titus BTW.

Is fiber optic still expensive? That's far as I can remember when I was still a kid.

Appel 2011-09-15 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3768063)

Is fiber optic still expensive? That's far as I can remember when I was still a kid.

im really not sure about that... the technology itself isnt that complicated but i have no idea how expensive it is to make these cables. but the kit that was used to mod the MG OOQ here cost about $40, at least thats the price i found online.

maknaedik 2011-09-16 03:45

I think it's safe to say this. Rainbowten just confirmed the news that for December, the MG release will be, FA Unicorn :)) Very worthy 150th MG. Congratulations for hopeful buyers :)

Appel 2011-09-16 05:16

lets just hope thats true^^

Sworra 2011-09-16 05:42

I'm pretty sure the official word will be out in the next 24 hours..

Appel 2011-09-16 06:06

yeah i guess so, too.
at 8000 yen this thing is probably going to be pretty expensive for most people though.

edit: all the pieces of my exia are finally painted... gonna finish this sucker tomorrow to let the paint dry properly :P

rocawarde 2011-09-16 22:26

Can anyone tell me what they label the model as in the picture, Im really curious to find out and there isn't a text I can copy and paste.

Rising Dragon 2011-09-16 22:55

The large letters just say GNT-0000 Double-O Quanta. Dunno the kanji below it, and I'm unsure as to the katakana next to the kanji... phonetically it sounds like setoramasuo. Doesn't seem to be related to the model's name, though.

Can't make out enough of the text above it to attempt making any sense out of it.

Appel 2011-09-17 04:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocawarde (Post 3769409)

Can anyone tell me what they label the model as in the picture, Im really curious to find out and there isn't a text I can copy and paste.

that lookes really cool but i cant make out more than the obvious GNT-0000, too...

Znozzy 2011-09-17 05:34

just got my two twin loto sets, while building them i somehow managed to break both arms on the same model :x the parts are so fragile, but they are so cute.

maknaedik 2011-09-17 08:49

My bad, FA unicorn is the 149th MG, not the 150th. Which leads to the conclusion that the 150th kit will be Gundam Age-1 Normal (if ever they push through with what they planned) :)

HG Loto is quite nice. It has two and makes it worthy. Well, given that it's short, then it's just right.

Znozzy 2011-09-17 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3769860)
My bad, FA unicorn is the 149th MG, not the 150th. Which leads to the conclusion that the 150th kit will be Gundam Age-1 Normal (if ever they push through with what they planned) :)

HG Loto is quite nice. It has two and makes it worthy. Well, given that it's short, then it's just right.

yeah, they are _really_ short and fragile, glued the two arms back together and i'll have to kepe one of the 4 in tank mode only, but hell, it's still a great kit, they l ook great, only downside is once again, they are so fragile it feels like they are going to break when you put them together :x

Appel 2011-09-17 11:46

alright im done!
have some photos!

http://www.abload.de/thumb/1-kopie7uhz.jpghttp://www.abload.de/thumb/2-kopieeudw.jpghttp://www.abload.de/thumb/3-kopie9u27.jpghttp://www.abload.de/thumb/4-kopieuuww.jpghttp://www.abload.de/thumb/5-kopie0u54.jpg

taking photos was actually kinda hard because its so shiny^^

the paintjob sure as hell isnt perfect but at this point i dont even care anymore. i had so many problems with this guy and it was so frustrating how the paints didnt work at all that at one point i just wanted to chuck it in the bin...
but im glad that i didnt do it! like i said, its not perfect but im pretty happy with it!

and the HG avalanche exia dash is a great kit, too! i can totally recommend it!^^

the revell enamel colors i used are gold, silver and copper. i also used some tamiya clear red, the only clear color that actually decided to work and not just be a runny mess...

Butagami 2011-09-17 16:57

Looks good Appel, nice and shiny.

For me the long wait until my kits arrive has just begun. Can't wait!

By the way, if anyone has missed it, go check Gaijin-Gunpla and his "Courage" project, one epic custom paintjob for the PG Strike Freedom. That's the first time I've seen gunpla with such a heavy subject attached to it...

Appel 2011-09-17 16:59

thanks!
yeah, i have seen syd's "courage", too! it really does look amazing, i really didnt expect much when i first saw it but it turned out great!

MakubeX2 2011-09-17 18:26

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5465/dscf2873e.jpg
http://hobbynotoriko.yumenogotoshi.com/hguc-jesta.html

It would seem the Jesta utilise polycaps from OO HGs. This is evident from the way the shoulders extended.

Also, the backpack is interchangabel, especially with previous Jegans releases.

Illsteir 2011-09-18 00:24

Do you guys know if a wet transfer decal set for the MG Red Frame exists? I tried googling it but all I get is the Blue Frame's decal set.

maknaedik 2011-09-18 02:19

@Illsteir Red Frame, unfortunately, doesn't have water slides from Bandai. you can try and check Samuel's if you want, but that of course is much different from Bandai's.

@Appel Nice Exia you got there :)

@Znozzy You can either use cement or super glue. When two parts that you'll put together is big, use cement. If it's small, use superglue. That's what I do actually :)

kaizerknight01 2011-09-18 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3770370)
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5465/dscf2873e.jpg
http://hobbynotoriko.yumenogotoshi.com/hguc-jesta.html

It would seem the Jesta utilise polycaps from OO HGs. This is evident from the way the shoulders extended.

Also, the backpack is interchangabel, especially with previous Jegans releases.

Nice kits i might as well buy 3 of those