AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Yashamaru: male or female? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11334)

Kabuto Maniac 2004-04-10 05:00

Yashamaru: male or female?

hey, a friend of mine (who always watches the threads and stuff but doesn't want to make an account...) asked me to put in this thread. I say Yashamaru is male, but he thinks she is a female, cus', he says, 'she really looks very much like her sister'. I say 'that Haku looked even more like a woman, and wasn't one neither...' what do you guys think?

Gen-X 2004-04-10 05:02

Male

maru=male?

HoboGod 2004-04-10 05:03

it has been said 1000 times before, yashamaru is a male. i didn't believe it at first either, but -maru suffix ALWAYS mean man in names

bambambam 2004-04-10 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoboGod
it has been said 1000 times before, yashamaru is a male. i didn't believe it at first either, but -maru suffix ALWAYS mean man in names

yeah, eg. shikamaru, konohamaru

btw, first post! :heh:

HoboGod 2004-04-10 06:17

seriously, this question needs to be a sticky FAQ, because it gets asked way too often...

Peare 2004-04-10 11:36

Yashamaru is hot!

Riese 2004-04-10 11:51

It seems like he and his sister(Gaara's mother) are twins too, but she was born first.

JOJOS'STAR 2004-04-10 13:20

arg.. people.. PLEASE!! learn your roots!! This is basic anime knowledge!!

MikoKikyo 2004-04-10 13:31

yea they do that a lot in anime.....I don't know what's with that. Why can't cute female looking characters just be girls :frustrated: Same thing with Okita from PMK, such girlish features....and Haku I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peare
Yashamaru is hot!

agreed ;)

rEkKaShInObI 2004-04-10 14:16

its a girl dude...

raikage 2004-04-10 16:00

Dude! She's a dude!
sorry, couldn't resist..

Kabuto Maniac 2004-04-10 16:06

:mad: WELL?!?! could you guys agree and give me something I can deal with?! like that -maru for man thing, that's good. don't just say yesnoyesno... that doesn't help anybody. if you state something; prove it!

thnx :D

btw: seen the reactions and facts, I'm sticking with male for now...

Murugan 2004-04-13 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoboGod

Well, I REALLY thought Yashamaru was a female ( I also watched it over and over again; I mean, look at the eyelashes! To girlish......), but since you (and a lot of other people) say -maru sais yashamaru is a man, I now am forced to believe you............... :uhoh: :help:

Kabuto Maniac 2004-04-13 05:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murugan
Well, I REALLY thought Yashamaru was a female ( I also watched it over and over again; I mean, look at the eyelashes! To girlish......), but since you (and a lot of other people) say -maru sais yashamaru is a man, I now am forced to believe you............... :uhoh: :help:

lol, I see Murugan has joined the party. he was the guy that requested this thread.

Murugan 2004-04-13 05:27

Yupyup it's me............ :heh:

CaSe- 2004-04-13 06:11

I suppose the voice kinda gave it away that he was a man?

Maxter 2004-04-13 06:51

When I read the manga I definietly thought he was female, but after hearing his voice actor in the anime, and also realising that -maru is a male suffix, it's pretty clear that it's a HE.

Murugan 2004-04-13 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxter
When I read the manga I definietly thought he was female, but after hearing his voice actor in the anime, and also realising that -maru is a male suffix, it's pretty clear that it's a HE.

yep........I totally agree.....I also thought the voice was a LITTLE bit to low for a woman, but now I know for shure because of that -maru suffix

:thinker:

Palani 2004-04-13 10:02

He is a Haku*

*Ha'ku: A man of which not only his appearance resembles a female but also his style of clothing, his voice, and his maner of behavior. Spotting a Haku is difficult for most of the times you will think he is a true woman and not a man.

I think this is a pretty good explanation of what he is. And since -Maru means male he is a man. But as my description says. It's hard to tell.

Kabuto Maniac 2004-04-13 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palani
He is a Haku*

*Ha'ku: A man of which not only his appearance resembles a female but also his style of clothing, his voice, and his maner of behavior. Spotting a Haku is difficult for most of the times you will think he is a true woman and not a man.

I think this is a pretty good explanation of what he is. And since -Maru means male he is a man. But as my description says. It's hard to tell.

is that a joke, or is it for real?