AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Madoka Magica (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Madoka Magica - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=102562)

Hunter 2011-03-10 09:21

Madoka Magica - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Madoka Magica, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

guuchan 2011-03-10 09:38

Oh wow, and I just happened to come back home and get online.

This episode should be wild and it better is, but I have a feeling we will still be left a bunch of unresolved questions till at least episode 11 or even the very end.

Well Mami, I know you won't be around just yet but you have been resting long enough. Get ready to wake up soon. ;)

jeroz 2011-03-10 09:45

Hopefully this episodes will reveal much of Homura's mentality, why she did things that way, to clear up misconceptions and to confirm predictions.

Alternatively Urobuchi can completely troll us and reveals that Homura is actually the antagonist in this episode :P

Sheba 2011-03-10 09:58

I am hoping for Homura to spill the beans.

Solace 2011-03-10 09:58

Well the staff is teasing us a heck of a lot by saying this is the "wham" episode and that we should rewatch 1-10 before watching 11 & 12 to pick up all the little things we missed beforehand. There's definitely some hype being trumped up here.

Personally I think I'll play my cards close to my chest and say that I have no predictions for this episode. I do hope to see my previous prediction confirm/denied but we'll see. I'd also like to see if QB's story is proven/debunked considering how high it ranked on the BS-O-Meter.

Other than that, I think the "wow" moment will be in Homura's reveal and/or an actual major event that occurs in the episode, probably as a cliffhanger. >< I don't think we'll see too much of the other characters outside of Madoka and Homura.

Ok ok, I can't help it. I'll make one impossible, crazy, wishful, prediction. Sayaka, Mami, and Kyouko reappear at the end of the episode to save the day. The resulting wtfs from the community shall be heard around the world. :eyespin:

sa547 2011-03-10 10:01

Can't wait. Things are getting crazier with every episode, hoping Madoka doesn't go nuts... and counting on HomuHomu to make a confession.

Seihai 2011-03-10 10:03

I always try to lower my expectations when I'm told something big is supposed to happen. Works wonders for me. Btw. we're suggested to rewatch all 10 episodes before 11 and 12? I thought it was only episode 1.

Katsu Koneko 2011-03-10 10:15

Oooh~ Can't wait for this episode! *^*

Hmm wild speculation time~. I speculate maybe Madoka having dreams about Kyoko, Sayaka, Mami, (and perhaps Homura). Perhaps a dream scenario could have either of them tell her advice on how to go on further or maybe it could lead into some nightmare about what is to come.

Meep, like I said, wild speculation. xD;;

<hides till episode 10>

guuchan 2011-03-10 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solace (Post 3524945)
Ok ok, I can't help it. I'll make one impossible, crazy, wishful, prediction. Sayaka, Mami, and Kyouko reappear at the end of the episode to save the day. The resulting wtfs from the community shall be heard around the world. :eyespin:

I buy that, but not for this episode. Episode 11, maybe. :p

Myssa Rei 2011-03-10 10:36

I expect Homura to reveal something. Everything else is up in the air.

Crontica 2011-03-10 10:51

I predict Kyubei's earrings hold the final clue.

Hypernova 2011-03-10 11:54

ep10 after live:

Ohhhh Jesus

People, brace yourselves!!!

panzerfan 2011-03-10 11:54

Hmm. We began with a confirmation of an alternate timeline for Homura.

Homura found herself within a witch barrier and was rescued by Mami and Madoka. It turns out that Mami fell by Walpurgisnacht and Madoka would be left to slay Walpurgisnacht by herself, which Madoka did at her life as cost. Homura is not physically strong at all, so it took her some time before she was able to realize how to apply her powers.

By contracting with Kyuubee out of regrets, Homura was launched into her situation of looping. She found herself in utter terror when she first realized the reality of the situation with the ultimate predicament of magical girls being revealed with Madoka being turned a witch, and upon the next instance the situation was a total wipe with Sayaka turning witch, and Mami snapped afterwards, killing Kyouko after slaying Sayaka the witch leading to Madoka killing Mami. This left the whole thing ending with Homura mercy killing Madoka after Walpurgisnacht. It is during this time that Homura began to use firearm implements to help her in combat situations... her supply of firearm provided by online improvisation as well as pillaging the city, freezing time to grab arms from lockers and so forth.

And after that, we are lead to current world -1 where Homura managed to slay Kyuubee temporarily but still having Madoka contracting with Kyuubee during Walpurgisnacht, which lead to Madoka becoming the worst of witches... and looping starts yet again. With that, we enter into this current iteration.

Kazu-kun 2011-03-10 11:55

Sooo....

Spoiler:

and more...

Decagon 2011-03-10 11:56

Glasses. Even when fighting, glasses. Even when making pipe bombs, glasses.
Spoiler for spoilers ofc. read if you're impatient:

Mentar 2011-03-10 11:56

Kaijo should be happy. Several of his "plot holes" were closed this ep.

Dark Wing 2011-03-10 11:57

OMG!...I mean....OMG! I have to go to works soon but I'll be post via cell it's just I don't know what to think or what words if any can describe what i feel right now.:eyespin:

Also spoiler tags everyone!...my god I'm shaking right now...I'm going to go cry and suck my thumb in the fetal position now...

yakisobapan 2011-03-10 11:58

Aaaah

Spoiler:

O.F Death 2011-03-10 11:58

Dear god, I think I teared up a little. Homura had to outlive her friends four times.

panzerfan 2011-03-10 12:02

Well, I don't know how to feel with this episode yet. This was quite sobering an episode in Endless Recursion of Time with Homura the Rika. The whole situation makes one seething to be frank. Homura tried to warn her friends about the "become a witch", yet to no avail and only to watch that tragedy occur firsthand and all. Plotholes did close somewhat... I am quite amused that Kyuubee would've granted Homura such a wish as to go over to do-over actually.