AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Higurashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira (OVA) - Generic Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103034)

Oblivion 2011-06-03 06:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSunshine (Post 3637178)
What reason would they have to do this? Why can't they cut out Rena instead? :eyebrow:

Well Rena is a pretty loved character compared to Mion and Shion but still excluding their character designs makes no sense unless as someone said before, they're late in releasing them which is sort of careless.

Ithekro 2011-06-03 12:08

Unless it is Mion telling the story of the magic girls (and Shion isn't present). Mion, I would guess wouldn't include herself in the story telling.

Kantoku 2011-06-03 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSunshine (Post 3637178)
What reason would they have to do this? Why can't they cut out Rena instead? :eyebrow:

R07 would never cut out Rena. She's been considered the star girl since day 1, and people have even wondered why she was on the cover of the Matsuribayashi-hen even though she didn't have much of a big part that other characters had.

I'm still trying to remember where they cut out Mii / Shii. I definitely know there was something where Shii's designs weren't released at all, but she was still in whatever it was. The only thing I can think of is the mahjong game Jan (I have never seen their character designs on any imageboard), but I'm pretty sure that's not what I'm trying to remember.

rogerpepitone 2011-06-03 16:45

"07" == "Rei Na". She's not going to disappear.

(OTOH, she's completely absent from Himatsubushi-hen, and she was on its cover.)

Oblivion 2011-06-04 04:27

Maybe they should try sending some of that love towards Mion/Shion. :heh:

Daisu 2011-06-04 20:53

Shion in both Jan and Himatsubushi-hen. Well in Himatsubushi-hen she is recued from gangmembers by akasaka, then when he meet mion at the frontlines of the resistance, he comments how they so different. But thats manga... not sure about the game Himatsubushi-hen. It was cut out in the anime though, maybe to keep the mystery.

CrimsonSunshine 2011-06-05 11:52

I know Rena's the mascot. My suggestion on cutting her out was half joking, but really, they did this to me in Higurashi Rei, too. I wanted to see Mion cut a bullet and half but was given Rena's daybreak chapter instead. Enough with the Cleaver girl, it's time Shmion got their spotlight.

It better just be a late release.

Kantoku 2011-06-05 23:11

Straying from the current topic, but has anyone ever found a full version of Happy! Lucky! Dochy! yet? I was going to see if I could split the audio from the seiyuu interview, but the broadcast uploaded on Nico was removed due to copyright infringement, and now I'm stuck with a bound .asx version of the broadcast that I just can't seem to get into playable video / mp3 format...

fuff 2011-06-06 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kantoku (Post 3640874)
Straying from the current topic, but has anyone ever found a full version of Happy! Lucky! Dochy! yet? I was going to see if I could split the audio from the seiyuu interview, but the broadcast uploaded on Nico was removed due to copyright infringement, and now I'm stuck with a bound .asx version of the broadcast that I just can't seem to get into playable video / mp3 format...

is there a youtube version of it yet? i dont have a nico account! it would be great if someone can upload it

Katsu Koneko 2011-06-06 05:26

http://www.mediafire.com/?p9lzlx1vg1p627l

Here you are, um, if I'm not allowed to do this, please feel free to tell me so and I'll delete this post. xD;

Bluemail 2011-06-06 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSunshine (Post 3640157)
I know Rena's the mascot. My suggestion on cutting her out was half joking, but really, they did this to me in Higurashi Rei, too. I wanted to see Mion cut a bullet and half but was given Rena's daybreak chapter instead. Enough with the Cleaver girl, it's time Shmion got their spotlight.

It better just be a late release.

Well the daybreak chapter was more appropriate for Rei as it was actually part of the Higurashi Rei visual novel, while Yoigoshi (that is what you're referring to with cutting bullets, right?) was made for the manga. Actually, the first Kira episode is a chapter from the original Rei visual novel too. It was supposed to be in the place of Hajisarashi-hen, but for some reason they decided to put that episode in Rei instead.

I do agree Mion is awesome and needs more screentime. ;)

Kantoku 2011-06-06 14:26

Shoot...apparently I'm not able to isolate the Happy! Lucky! Dochy! song from the radio broadcast ><; I tried splitting and inverting the audio, but the frequent fading of the music in / out and the audio effects cut down so much on the sound quality on Audacity to the point where the music itself sounds terrible ;-;

According to another person, it's impossible to actually separate it since it's a mixed waveform due to the fading effect...

fuff 2011-06-08 17:25

http://twitpic.com/535h2a

is that with ova 1 or ova 2??? i really hope its not ova 1 since i preorder the limited one...

KoiYuki 2011-06-08 18:04

I'm pretty sure it's with OVA 1, since it doesn't make sense to show OVA 2's bonus before OVA 1's, and before OVA 1 is even out.. :c Sorry..

From what I can tell on http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/kira/news/index.html, it's with file 1.

fuff 2011-06-08 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoiYuki (Post 3644629)
I'm pretty sure it's with OVA 1, since it doesn't make sense to show OVA 2's bonus before OVA 1's, and before OVA 1 is even out.. :c Sorry..

From what I can tell on http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/kira/news/index.html, it's with file 1.

...really? cause im pretty sure cutsoms ppl will be like wtf? seeing that lol

Kantoku 2011-06-08 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuff (Post 3644692)

"Barely legal", maybe xD?

fuff 2011-06-08 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kantoku (Post 3644723)
"Barely legal", maybe xD?

did anybody else order it?? cause im kinda worried now lol i dont want to get in trouble or something since i dont like loli stuff even

what are the stuff u get with the limited edition anyways because i can ask amiami to cancel/replace my order with the other higurashi dvd...

Oblivion 2011-06-09 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuff (Post 3644692)

Anime girls gone wild :heh:

Kantoku 2011-06-09 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuff (Post 3644765)
did anybody else order it?? cause im kinda worried now lol i dont want to get in trouble or something since i dont like loli stuff even

what are the stuff u get with the limited edition anyways because i can ask amiami to cancel/replace my order with the other higurashi dvd...

I'm sure it's just the cover and it won't be very much more than that...if it was like a whole book on it or something, then...I'm not too sure if that'd be bad for the franchise or good in a very disturbing way ^^;

WarriorKK 2011-06-11 12:56

New trailer with TV ver. in OP...
Can't wait!