AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Fate/stay night Game discussion (Warning: Spoilers) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6702)

Newprimus 2004-02-04 19:51

Fate/stay night Game discussion (Warning: Spoilers)

That new game Typemoon is releasing (the same people responsible for the Tsukihime series).

I unfortunately know zip how to read Japanese, so maybe someone here could sort of tell me what the game's about? Also, how much of it is animated? Or is it that just the downloadable movies are animated?

kj1980 2004-02-04 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinova
That new game Typemoon is releasing (the same people responsible for the Tsukihime series).

I unfortunately know zip how to read Japanese, so maybe someone here could sort of tell me what the game's about? Also, how much of it is animated? Or is it that just the downloadable movies are animated?

I'm in the midst of playing that now. Just cleared Saber's story.

As you know, it's an ero-game. Much of what is animated is the OP, much like any other ero-game (minus Jellyfish's "LOVERS" and "GREEN")

Telling you the story is quite difficult as it is very interesting...it's Kinoko World once again.

But a simple plotline is a quest for the "Holy Grail" where seven majutsushi (sorcerers) along with their seven "Servants" fight against each other until the sole remaining one gets the right to the "Holy Grail" which grants them one wish.

Flash_Squirrel 2004-02-05 08:25

<------

|
|
|
|
\/

Side note: Iria and Saber are cute.

Edit: wow, a pointless MSG. :(

ElvenPath 2004-02-12 13:42

-> Games

Thread moved

Izzy 2004-02-12 17:41

I hope there's some anime potential with this game like it did with Tsukihime...even though I don't play the game :heh:

zalas 2004-02-12 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izcoatl
I hope there's some anime potential with this game like it did with Tsukihime...even though I don't play the game :heh:

As long as Geneon doesn't screw it up again I'm up for another animation conversion :)

kj1980 2004-02-12 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by zalas
As long as Geneon doesn't screw it up again I'm up for another animation conversion :)

Rumors are likely as:

The OP sequences for the ero-game were done at Tatsunoko Production
The OP/ED theme is released through Geneon.

zalas 2004-02-13 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by kj1980
Rumors are likely as:

The OP sequences for the ero-game were done at Toei Animation

/me punts Toei
Release/produce the anime version of AIR already -_-;;
(actually I don't know if they would be the animation company involved, but they did Kanon, so :/)
</offtopic>

kj1980 2004-02-13 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by zalas
/me punts Toei
Release/produce the anime version of AIR already -_-;;
(actually I don't know if they would be the animation company involved, but they did Kanon, so :/)
</offtopic>

"AIR" is rumored to be released as a movie. With much expectation, I believe it'll take them some time.

Mistwrath 2004-02-13 08:52

I just got the game and yet to start. Time to install it :D

Mistwrath 2004-02-13 09:17

Already installed the game, but then it gives me an error when it tries to load up :(

Some programming scripts pop out when it tries to load.
And as my WinXp is in English, should i change the regional settings to Japanese or anything ?

Please help and thanks in advance

kj1980 2004-02-13 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistwrath
Already installed the game, but then it gives me an error when it tries to load up :(

Some programming scripts pop out when it tries to load.
And as my WinXp is in English, should i change the regional settings to Japanese or anything ?

Please help and thanks in advance

Yes. There are numerous threads around in the KimiNozo forum, and quite possibly in the Tech Support forum on how to enable Japanese in an English language based OS.

Unfortunately, I can't really help you since mine is a Japanese Windows OS.

Flash_Squirrel 2004-02-13 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistwrath

If you were to read the official Type-Moon site, you would have noticed that the .exe is the game Fate/Stay Night gives a random error... That's because they want to check if you really bought the game or just downloaded it from the 'net.

Type-Moon will send you a working .exe file once you send them the "Unique-Key" and what kind of error you got from your starter file.

Steps:
1) Download this file http://www.typemoon.com/support/makeunique.lzh and run it. (Don't if you downloaded the game like half of the guys who got it from Animesuki's evil twin).
2) Make the ID and copy it in a .TXT
3) Send a notice to Type-Moon saying what kind of error you got. Here -> http://www.typemoon.com/support/protect.html
4) Play. ^_^

www.typemoon.com

Have Fun with Fate!!

Izzy 2004-02-13 14:42

Quote:

theres a music CD single out there? link please :) the opening music theme is very nice indeed....

dont 2004-02-15 10:20

take 56 hours finish it.....all i can say is "good work!"

i dont want to spolier story(if you can ,enjoy it youself ), just

wirte something you maybe face in this game

wanna be the justice? but what is justice?
wanna become a hero? even sacrifice yourself?
save your lover? even hundreds of people killed?

Mistwrath 2004-02-15 20:28

Thanks for the help ! Got mine up and working now finally.
Off to play it and see how good it is. Thanks again :D

Colonel- 2004-02-27 00:41

Japanese illterate (except for Kanji) people like me usually require much more help.... And this is my first tiem venturing into ero/foreign games, stay with me here =)

I saw the opening after being informed about this game on hiro infoseek, and i'm quite interested. Can anyone help me get started on this game and such :) Do i have to dl it from typemoon's site and do what Flash_Squirrel instructed? Or can i get it off BT some place else?

I'll look into how to change regional settings, but in the mean time, hw's killing me. Some help to a poor student?

Flash_Squirrel 2004-02-27 04:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel-
I saw the opening after being informed about this game on hiro infoseek, and i'm quite interested. Can anyone help me get started on this game and such :) Do i have to dl it from typemoon's site and do what Flash_Squirrel instructed? Or can i get it off BT some place else?

Buy it? ^_^

In Type-Moon's site there is only a little trailer, nothing too long, but nice to get the feel of the game.

As you may have noticed, downloading it from BT is useless, since you'll need to send a notice to Type-Moon so...

kj1980 2004-02-27 13:33

Fate/stay night incorporates the AlphaROM CD protection system which does not allow you to copy it onto a CD-R. Though someone in the future might decrypt it, I have not heard of anyone being able to do it right now (if there is, I would like to know).

However, you can install the latest version of SimDisc or similar VirtualCD-ROM software that can play AlphaROM protected CD images. This tool is pretty handy, especially for those people who own small note-PCs (laptop? notebook?) with no CD/DVD drive. Maybe with this summer's bonus, I should really start thinking of buying a full size note-PC.

dont 2004-02-27 18:19

Quote:

Fate/stay night incorporates the AlphaROM CD protection system which does not allow you to copy it onto a CD-R. Though someone in the future might decrypt it, I have not heard of anyone being able to do it right now (if there is, I would like to know).

alpha-rom is not a problem before the fix-kit.....