AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Initial D 5th Stage (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113820)

MisaoFan 2012-07-30 06:17

Initial D 5th Stage

http://i.imgur.com/rsI9k.jpg

Original creator : Shuichi Shigeno
Plot summary : The story follows Takumi Fujiwara, a high school boy with a natural talent for driving, in his racing pursuits on the public highways.

Note : The manga debuted in 1995, and Kodansha published the 45th book volume last month. The manga already inspired several television anime series, a live-action film, several original video anime projects, and a successful game line.

NoemiChan 2012-07-30 06:27

I have one question... The animation?

MisaoFan 2012-07-30 06:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4281241)
I have one question... The animation?

We don't know which format (be it TV series, OVA or movie) and which studio the new anime will takes place.

Anyways, I still had nostalgic feelings of this anime when I was young (I remember watching it on Mangas).

NoemiChan 2012-07-30 06:32

The thing that pops in my head after hearing this are the:

> Awesome, Kick Ass Drifts

> Thick lips.....

kusanagi25 2012-07-30 06:35

Im ready for some awesome music

Dextro 2012-07-30 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by kusanagi25 (Post 4281250)

I'm whipping out my old initial d playlist right now in celebration. Best news I've had in a while regarding anime. Very Nice! :D

EDIT: anyone care to speculate if they are going to continue adapting where the last anime ended on or if they are going for another anime original a-la-extra stage? Also I wonder if the release of the new Toyota GT-86 is behind this revival.

j0x 2012-07-30 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by kusanagi25 (Post 4281250)

same here i hope M.O.V.E. band will still do the music

RRW 2012-07-30 07:34

while we at it

Kaihan 2012-07-30 07:46

New Initial D? Let's hope they keep the awesome Eurobeat musics.

Which reminds me, I need to go finish 4th stage...

maximilianjenus 2012-07-30 09:42

It always annoys me when they use the "natural talent for driving" line, it makes it sounds like he si some sort of american comics genious, when in fact he has been driving for years and sucked at it at the start.

Arturia Polaris 2012-07-30 09:52

Oh god yes. This is what made me go nuts over the Forza series for XBox, and an overall car fan.

I was always wondering when 5th stage was going to come out given that the manga was still going on past 4th stage.

So great news.

Cheers
Arturia

touge-n00b 2012-07-30 12:35

Finally, my prayers have been answered!!!!

Question though for anyone who keeps up with the manga, is it still ongoing as well? I'm hoping they don't run into another 4th stage ending because of the mangas rather slow release schedule.

Dextro 2012-07-30 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximilianjenus (Post 4281426)
It always annoys me when they use the "natural talent for driving" line, it makes it sounds like he si some sort of american comics genious, when in fact he has been driving for years and sucked at it at the start.

It has been shown quite a few times on the show that Takumi is indeed a "genius" in the act of driving since he's doing stuff that no normal person does through sheer instinct alone. He is naturally very good at driving and has always been pictured as such (even when he went on a "slump" it was because the car failed him when he pushed too hard!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris (Post 4281442)
Oh god yes. This is what made me go nuts over the Forza series for XBox, and an overall car fan.

I was always wondering when 5th stage was going to come out given that the manga was still going on past 4th stage.

So great news.

Cheers
Arturia

I went completely mental when I saw the AE86 downhill event on Forza 4. I just had to pick up an FD for that event and play Dogfight on the background :heh:

maximilianjenus 2012-07-30 15:36

Takumi has already been driving for several years, I am on partial agreement with you in that he is skilled, but his skills don't come out of nowhere, he has been driving everyday since he was in elementaryschool/middle school so that's the reason he is skilled, not some kind of magical talent,

Dextro 2012-07-30 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximilianjenus (Post 4281923)
Takumi has already been driving for several years, I am on partial agreement with you in that he is skilled, but his skills don't come out of nowhere, he has been driving everyday since he was in elementaryschool/middle school so that's the reason he is skilled, not some kind of magical talent,

Yes, practice makes perfect as it should be however Takumi has been shown time and time again to have that special something that separates normal hard working folks from someone who is naturally good at something. He just has a knack for touge racing.

But I'll be honest: I think I may have gotten that idea from what happens on the arc following the place where the 4th stage ended.

Leo_Otaku 2012-07-30 19:59

I second on the need for M.O.V.E music need more eurobeat goodness!!!

Nvis 2012-07-31 00:36

Just when they're at the final battle now.

If you think God Arm's technique was crazy, the current Takumi's opponent is even crazier.

Arturia Polaris 2012-07-31 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvis (Post 4282501)
Just when they're at the final battle now.

If you think God Arm's technique was crazy, the current Takumi's opponent is even crazier.

I present: No handed steering. He bites the steering wheel and drives down a mountain path blindfolded.

Cheers
Arturia

leokiko 2012-07-31 02:56

I don't care about the cars but still the enjoyed everything about this series. 4th season was a bit lacking imo but still fun. I hope this is a 5th season instead of a movie/OVA :).

Ravenblitz 2012-07-31 08:57

lookin' forward to the new cars.. well 86 still is classic!