AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Appel 2012-06-22 06:30

RD ELS OO Qan[T] anyone?^^
http://gundamguy.blogspot.de/2012/06...-robot_22.html
this was to be expected. a MG or even HG version was very unlikely because of the color gradiants in the wings.

HasuMasu 2012-06-22 06:34

^ NOOOOOOOOOOO

Dammit, web exclusive. :heh:

suiton629 2012-06-22 07:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4218842)
RD ELS OO Qan[T] anyone?^^
http://gundamguy.blogspot.de/2012/06...-robot_22.html
this was to be expected. a MG or even HG version was very unlikely because of the color gradiants in the wings.

I think an MG for this would be awesome! And the gradients on the wings isn't an issue. They can do it if they want.

And if this gets a an MG..well...we all know what will get a MG release then right?

Appel 2012-06-22 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4218895)
I think an MG for this would be awesome! And the gradients on the wings isn't an issue. They can do it if they want.

they could but it would make the kit VERY expensive.
bandai usually doesnt pre-paint their kits and molding gradients like this in plastic isnt really possible, at least not in a mass-production run.
for example, this is why they redisigned the hi-nu gundam. the original version had color gradients in the funnels:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../Rx-93-v-2.jpg

but the models didnt to make it easier to turn the design into a model kit.

i could see them releasing a B-club resin conversion but thats about it. im pretty sure the RD figure is as good as its gonna get.

MakubeX2 2012-06-22 09:45

The ELS Quanta had like.....5 secs of screentime, too few to get a mass market interest. Except for those mindless diehard fans, which makes up the minority.

The web exclusive status for the figure will ensure that Bandai can maximise their profit because it will be release on a made-to-order basis. But I do want to know what kind of weapons they planned to package the figure with.

suiton629 2012-06-22 09:45

Well they sort of did it with the MG Destiny Gundam Extreme Blast Mode and the HG 0 Gundam (Roll Out Color).

So they could release the MG ELS Qan[T] and slightly alter the wing pieces. I'm sure pro modelers could take whatever Bandai gives and modify it through air brushing...

suiton629 2012-06-22 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 4219117)
The ELS Quanta had like.....5 secs of screentime, too few to get a mass market interest. Except for those mindless diehard fans, which makes up the minority.

The web exclusive status for the figure will ensure that Bandai can maximise their profit because it will be release on a made-to-order basis. But I do want to know what kind of weapons they planned to package the figure with.

They don't need to package it with a weapon.

Yes I know that it had like 5 seconds of screen time, but it's like the Exia R2. I think that too will get a MG release since it's so similar to the existing MG Exia, and they would probably just reuse most of the mold from the existing MG Exia and take parts from the MG 00 Raiser (hands, sword, clear green eye/camera piece..).

Bandai could make the MG ELS Qan[T] like a limited run release ya know? Maybe price it at like $75 and package in 2 more of those green LED's or just have us buy it as an optional thing again..lol

Basically, the 00 series just needs the Exia R2 and ELS Qan[T] in MG release and then I think it's perfectly fine.

duotiga 2012-06-22 09:57

official boxart for HG 1/144 Dark Hound



the most epic Age-2 boxart

suiton629 2012-06-22 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4219136)
official boxart for HG 1/144 Dark Hound



the most epic Age-2 boxart

Looks good. But I think for this one, I want to see if an MG is released for it. I mean it is Asem's (technically) 4th variation if you count the Special Ops version which I think needs an MG as well. =P

duotiga 2012-06-22 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4219149)
Looks good. But I think for this one, I want to see if an MG is released for it. I mean it is Asem's (technically) 4th variation if you count the Special Ops version which I think needs an MG as well. =P

To tell you frankly....Figurine worth more than model kits if you can keep it properly even after taking out for display

suiton629 2012-06-22 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4219159)
To tell you frankly....Figurine worth more than model kits if you can keep it properly even after taking out for display

The thing is I'm not into collecting figures. I'm mainly interesting in collecting and building MG kits of lead Gundams (and all of its previous forms and variations).

=)

So I'm really hoping for the ELS Qan[T] and Exia R2 to get MG releases eventually...maybe late 2012 or early 2013?

I know right now it's mainly Seed, Wing, Age, and Unicorn.. But I feel like a 00 MG kit or 2 will slip in there with Unicorn basically done, and Age mostly having variations of the same kit with different arms, legs, and weapons...

And then there's my second love...the Age series. =P

(You can see what MG kits I want in my signature in case you hadn't noticed..)

Anyway, if I were to get a figure, I would buy it with the intention of reselling it so I would keep it sealed and safe in my room, and then sell it at like 2x what I spent like a few years later.

RX93-2 2012-06-22 11:30

You'd be surprised how much redesigned parts an MG ELS 00Q would need, basically the entire armor.
Hoping for a resin conversion is the best you can do tbh.

suiton629 2012-06-22 11:33

We can always hope. =P

MrSubstitute1 2012-06-22 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX93-2 (Post 4219284)
You'd be surprised how much redesigned parts an MG ELS 00Q would need, basically the entire armor.
Hoping for a resin conversion is the best you can do tbh.

Well, it is more of a recolor instead of a redesign if they do that. It can still keep its general appearance, but it will just have minor color alteration.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2012-06-22 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4218842)
RD ELS OO Qan[T] anyone?^^
http://gundamguy.blogspot.de/2012/06...-robot_22.html
this was to be expected. a MG or even HG version was very unlikely because of the color gradiants in the wings.

Seems like a real obscure MS to make. All it did was stand there at the end of the movie. We dont even know what its capabilities are. I'd rather have a figure of Harute.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-06-22 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 4219728)
Seems like a real obscure MS to make. All it did was stand there at the end of the movie. We dont even know what its capabilities are. I'd rather have a figure of Harute.

But it's an alien Gundam and looks organic :p. One could argue that it's the first of its kind. So, I think those aspects alone makes Qant ELS quite a cool Gundam :D.

duotiga 2012-06-22 19:57

*sarcasm &point *cough cough
Eva kit look alike if want mg els ver...who wants?


So back to the basic question Nike , buy MG to stake boxes as high as possible?

Ikaoru 2012-06-22 20:36

Are we even going to have other 1/100 00 Movie kits? 00 Qanta is not enough for me :/

Providenceangle 2012-06-22 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikaoru (Post 4219842)
Are we even going to have other 1/100 00 Movie kits? 00 Qanta is not enough for me :/

There are a few NG kits...

Edit: Nevermind... Not reading it properly lol. I didn't much like the movie suits personally. They are just too odd... Maybe Zabanya. The rest were just odd looking to me. Bulky odd parts.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-06-22 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4219845)
I didn't much like the movie suits personally. They are just too odd... Maybe Zabanya. The rest were just odd looking to me. Bulky odd parts.

imo Zabanya is also odd with two "house fences" attached to its waist :heh:.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.