AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-24 01:46

@ Skye
You live in USA right

Here's the recommendation by gunpla guide

Quote:

Gundamstoreandmore

Something of a joke these days, considering they are out of stock for most new kits and update around three times a year. But if they do have something you’re interested in, it’s well worth buying from them since you can avoid international shipping. Also worth checking out for their weekly and monthly specials, which can be any number of things.

Hobbywave

Flat $12/$18 shipping fee and only for US/Canadian residents are all you need to know. Much better stock than GSAM (including tons of modeling supplies) and they actually update their website fairly often. Cheap prices too, though that’s offset by the shipping. They ship on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and allow you to add items to previous orders if they haven’t shipped yet.

Gundam Planet

Despite the name, they sell a ton of japanese toys. Their prices are pretty in line with Japan based companies. Shipping is either via USPS (pay by weight) or FedEx (pay by order value). Flat $9.99 for Fedex on orders less than $100, maximum of $18.95 charge for orders in excess of $300. Only thing to watch out for is that they will let you order backordered items currently, and they’ll hold your whole shipment until the backordered item is in (generally two weeks). They’ve got a pretty rad website design and open up their location on Fridays, Saturdays and restock days. Last time I went they had a few kits at reduced prices that they didn't put on the site because they came with damaged boxes from their shipment.

GGInfinite

Run by the guy from Gundam Guy. Generally has new kits within a reasonable time and is a good place to get exclusive kits like the GM Wagtail kit there. I have made multiple purchases and each one has been smooth and easy. Will honor some requests (I asked him to hold my order until all kits were in).

Wild Goose 2014-02-24 02:28

...goddamnit.

New stock arrived in Gundam.my for a Plato gunpla cutter with sharp tips etc etc. Seems pretty good quality for something that's RM10. For that price it's better than the generic plastic cutter I bought. -_- Still, as Meijin said, you can make do with cheaper alternatives...

...Also bought a GM Command Space about 5 minutes ago. I'll probably have my GM Command kyoudai standing guard over my computer. ^_^;

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-24 02:48

All the gm

all of them

Znozzy 2014-02-24 03:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5022468)
Koto's weapon sometimes is hilariously oversized even for MG, let alone HG

I remember a friend that bought Strong rifle for his Dynames... turns out it's TWICE as tall as the MS itself.

I can see that, well, i can tell you what fits with a Master Grade scale from what i bought:

Gatling gun, Freestyle shield, Rocket launcher, Impact edge.

Those all fit quite nicely to be honest, the kits hold them up fine.

things that don't fit too well on a Master Grade

Freestyle Gun, with all optional parts i'd say it fits, but its a tad bit short, but i like it anyhow, i just wonder how i should paint it.

Revolver Launchers, The handles are just a tad bit too small for a MG, but it has no problems holding on to them at all.

Wild Goose 2014-02-24 03:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5022791)
All the gm

all of them

Yeah but not all the GM went into the HGUC line. IIRC, HGUC has GM Cold Climate, GM Command, GM Command Space, GM Sniper II, GM Striker, GM Custom and GM Quel. Of all those, only the Command Space is in stock atm at Gundam.my, though Sniper II is in back-to-back order.

...that said, the GM line increases if we count the successors, like Nemo, GM III, Jegan, ECOAS Jegan, Stark Jegan, Jesta and Jesta Cannon...

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-24 04:10

GM II, GM III, GM Thunderbolt...

ALL THE GMs!

(Also, lel the distributor in my country sell the campaign customize part instead of including them in new HG package, those greedy mofos)

Aurelis 2014-02-24 05:14

I greatly encourage the GM Thunderbolt. It's an amazing kit and the HG series seems promising. The GM one used the least stickers and is the nicest in my opinion.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oTKR0MYszh...Y/s1600/A2.JPG

Even the decal sticker is of great quality, thin and the edges crops close to the decal.

Skye629 2014-02-24 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5022749)
@ Skye
You live in USA right

Here's the recommendation by gunpla guide

Thanks

I checked all those sites to no success T_T

Looking for a 1/144 Zanscare unit to complement my Victory gundam, but having not finished the show yet, Im not sure which ones were the stronger/better/best match against the V1 (Leaning towards the Zoloat since its a red suit and the Abigor)

Im not sure what a fair price for these kits are, currently eyeballing an Abigor on Ebay for $19 including shipping.....

As for the G-Unit gundams, I want the Griepe, and the Hydra

Griepe as a present for my bro (Im a nice brother, so I buy him a kit occasionally)
Hydra for me (did not realize before that it had a Zeong-ish MA mode)

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-24 07:22

I dunno

does the backpack justify the price?

Though I know it's physically far tougher than normal GM

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-02-24 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5022981)
Looking for a 1/144 Zanscare unit to complement my Victory gundam, but having not finished the show yet, Im not sure which ones were the stronger/better/best match against the V1 (Leaning towards the Zoloat since its a red suit and the Abigor)

Many of them are notable opponents even though they're basically grunt MSs. Though Victory often fought Tomriats, Zoloats, & Rig Shokew; Abigor is a real badass one with a decent pilot that you’ll see later in the series (if my memory doesn’t fail me :heh:).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5022981)
Im not sure what a fair price for these kits are, currently eyeballing an Abigor on Ebay for $19 including shipping.....

See the retail price at Hobbysearch. For example, the Abigor’s price is 700 yen, so the fair price should be around $7-9 exclude shipping/delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5022981)
As for the G-Unit gundams, I want the Griepe, and the Hydra.

Hydra is a nice kit, and it’s quite a unique Gundam. It was supposed to fight Treize in the Epyon before Heero and Zechs/Milliard took it.

Wild Goose 2014-02-24 11:23

Kansei da!!!

At last, my first gunpla is complete! (More or less.) Made a short photojournal of my progress.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Annoyingly, after I was partway through lining, I remembered Meijin I's advice to score where you want to mark with a knife. Dug out my box cutter and went cutting.

Well, anyway, all in all I'm quite pleased with how my first gunpla turned out, so much so that I've ordered another - a GM Command Space. Articulation is kinda stiff and the range of motion isn't great, but it's okay.

Next on my list, grey gundam markers. Unless anyone as a substitute suggestion?

Aurelis 2014-02-24 17:54

Tamiya Panel line series and a bottle of Zippo lighter fluid. Those things last longer than 5 Gundam markers and flows better through the lines.

Bonta Kun 2014-02-24 18:50

While theres nothing really wrong with using a old newspaper to work on, I'd suggest getting a proper cutting mat, they generally work alot better:p

Better to get the mat and then put 1 piece of newspaper over it folding the sides under the mat and using that, afterwards when your done just remove paper along with all the dust and bits and throw it in the bin, nice and easy clean up.

Btw don't be fooled into buying "gundam tools", going to a local hobby or art store will more than likely yield tools just as good and probably cheaper than tools branding for gunpla, don't really need to spend alot on them.

But a good a hobby knife and cutters are recommended.

Skye629 2014-02-24 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 5023599)
While theres nothing really wrong with using a old newspaper to work on, I'd suggest getting a proper cutting mat, they generally work alot better:p

Better to get the mat and then put 1 piece of newspaper over it folding the sides under the mat and using that, afterwards when your done just remove paper along with all the dust and bits and throw it in the bin, nice and easy clean up.

Btw don't be fooled into buying "gundam tools", going to a local hobby or art store will more than likely yield tools just as good and probably cheaper than tools branding for gunpla, don't really need to spend alot on them.

But a good a hobby knife and cutters are recommended.

The mat also makes it easier over, newspaper have all the ads and crap adding to a more confusing visual field, especially when u got model parts all over

The mat is also nifty for cutting and whatnot

Nothing too screams modeler more than a hobby mat with cuts, paint, and wear on it :D




@Obelisk: What would you say a fair price for the G-unit kits be? I can only find them on Ebay atm for around 20 including shipping, perhaps less if the store owner combines shipping

Wild Goose 2014-02-24 20:14

Noted, thanks for the advice!

Yeah, I'm going to get a good hobby knife, definitely the next thing I buy, and then I'll use the lessons learned from my GM Command to do my GM Command Space.

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-24 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5023687)
@Obelisk: What would you say a fair price for the G-unit kits be? I can only find them on Ebay atm for around 20 including shipping, perhaps less if the store owner combines shipping

G unit kits are old and their quality is borderline (Less than HG but better than FG), if they're more expensive than 15 exclude shipping, don't buy it

Alternatively, get Dragon Momoko, they're bootlegs, but has been improved greatly to early 2000s HG standard.

Skye629 2014-02-24 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5023696)
G unit kits are old and their quality is borderline (Less than HG but better than FG), if they're more expensive than 15 exclude shipping, don't buy it

Alternatively, get Dragon Momoko, they're bootlegs, but has been improved greatly to early 2000s HG standard.

I know the quality, I have several kits from that time

I dont buy knock-off's either, and I have no idea where to get those aside from Ebay







As for kits.......Im all of a sudden hung up on deciding on 2 kits:

RG Destiny Heine (since Im not sure Im ever gonna find the MG Heine for under $100, probably not, lowest I have ever seen is $120 and thats twice the price of the normal kit......sigh)

OR

HGUC GFT 7-11 ACGUY (ITS TOO CUTE, AND ITS IN MY FAVORITE COLORS)

Nuuuuuu I cant decide Dx

Or maybe I should get both? Do u guys know if Gentei combines shipping costs for multiple items?

Aurelis 2014-02-25 01:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5023912)
As for kits.......Im all of a sudden hung up on deciding on 2 kits:

RG Destiny Heine (since Im not sure Im ever gonna find the MG Heine for under $100, probably not, lowest I have ever seen is $120 and thats twice the price of the normal kit......sigh)

OR

HGUC GFT 7-11 ACGUY (ITS TOO CUTE, AND ITS IN MY FAVORITE COLORS)

Nuuuuuu I cant decide Dx

Or maybe I should get both? Do u guys know if Gentei combines shipping costs for multiple items?

RG Destiny Heine! Without a doubt, it's not only very good looking and centerpiece material, but it's also way worth paying the price for an exclusive RG than a HG.

Skye629 2014-02-25 01:55

XD

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YGrxhLh8gJ...19410661_n.jpg

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-25 02:30

Too small, based on Sinanju head, 80 cm is HEAD height :p


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.