AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Kuroi Hadou 2010-10-16 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 3301341)
Tieria sure knows how to build them. =X

I'll say. My only disappointment is that we didn't get to see all of its capabilities.

Araxiel 2010-10-16 18:09

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYKP-54
Would anyone happen to know what size these are in relation to gunpla kits? HLJ helpfully lists them under 'non-scale'.

Sir Dearka 2010-10-16 18:26

After seeing a couple of pictures of MG Qan-T on HLJ I gotta say, I am VERY impressed... I am even considering buying it so they release the other three Gundams in MG (Zabanya first, please!) ;]

Kuroi Hadou 2010-10-16 18:38

More HG Braves:



MakubeX2 2010-10-16 19:07

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7...7231074399.jpg

Big Ass box as you can clearly see. But I doubt few here will bother to get it since most are still giddy over the OO franchise.

bio9205 2010-10-16 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3301273)
So I finally assembled my HG Raphael Gundam today, and tried posing it out as usual for any newly assembled model. And guess what I found out to my pleasant surprise:

(clickable thumbnails)

*snips*

The HG Raphael with the backpack on can stand on its own two feet unsupported without using its GN Bazookas. And even when I moved the GN Bazookas to near perpendicular to upset its center of gravity the Raphael can still stand firmly.

Given all the comments about Raphael's unbalanced design from month's back, I find this a nice surprise, and even more so given that none of the reviews I've seen online ever display this aspect of the Raphael - they always either display the Raphael on a stand, or when on the ground they use the GN Bazookas to prop it up from behind.

Nice. But I've heard feedback that the connection of the backpack with Raphael's back isn't very good. Anyway, did you paint it aside from panel lining?

Plus I see your Reborns up there. :heh:

LoweGear 2010-10-16 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3301701)
Big Ass box as you can clearly see. But I doubt few here will bother to get it since most are still giddy over the OO franchise.

Not sure of that particular assessment, given the imminent release of Unicorn episode 2 and the already released 14-minute PV. Heck, I already know a few people already dying to get their hands on that. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 3301789)
Nice. But I've heard feedback that the connection of the backpack with Raphael's back isn't very good. Anyway, did you paint it aside from panel lining?

Plus I see your Reborns up there. :heh:

1. Yeah, the backpack connection isn't really as solid as the Seraphim to the Seravee. The connection works well enough for most posing purposes though, except if you want to pose the Raphael horizontally to its side anyway. :heh:

2. I'm a minimalist painter, so I only painted any missing colors that the parts separation doesn't do, and any details. I also paint any clear parts to their proper color. Don't have the time to do a full paint job though, given my workplace.

3. The Reborns was a gift from a friend, lucky me :D

bio9205 2010-10-16 23:21

That reminds me: I still have not painted the clear chest piece and beam saber of my Reborns. Gotta get some purple and orange colours...

I just fiddled with a HG 00Q belonging to a friend of mine. It's quite solid, in fact I think it rivals HG 00. Articulation, no loose parts, awesome design. Even without painting. I guess I'll get one next week, haven't built a kit in months.

Kuroi Hadou 2010-10-17 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 3302060)
I guess I'll get one next week, haven't built a kit in months.

My last kit was in the summer (MG Unicorn Ver. Ka.), but I just ordered a bunch of 'em so good times ahead! On a somewhat related note, do we have a confirmed release date for the PG Strike Freedom?

LoweGear 2010-10-17 00:26

Yes, the HG 00Q rivals the HG 00 in terms of articulation barring a few points like the white right shoulder flap reducing the right arm's articulation. Otherwise the HG 00Q not only retains most of the HG 00's poseability, but also subtly improves on some of the other aspects of the HG 00, like having a more solid and tighter wrist to better hold the Buster Sword, and the ability of the 00Q to use the forearm hardpoints.

The 00Q does need a bit more painting if you don't want to use the stickers, especially for the head.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 3302133)
do we have a confirmed release date for the PG Strike Freedom?

All we know for now is that it's a December release, no exact date given yet.

RAVNEN 2010-10-17 00:32

Pretty big box for the HGUC Sinanju, hmm i don't see grenade launcher attachment for the beam rifle.

Does the HGUC Sinanju kit have the grenade launcher attachement included..?:confused:

bio9205 2010-10-17 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3302134)
Yes, the HG 00Q rivals the HG 00 in terms of articulation barring a few points like the white right shoulder flap reducing the right arm's articulation. Otherwise the HG 00Q not only retains most of the HG 00's poseability, but also subtly improves on some of the other aspects of the HG 00, like having a more solid and tighter wrist to better hold the Buster Sword, and the ability of the 00Q to use the forearm hardpoints.

The 00Q does need a bit more painting if you don't want to use the stickers, especially for the head.



All we know for now is that it's a December release, no exact date given yet.

Yeah well, I don't mind stickers, so long as they're not too big or obvious.

Sinanju looks epic. Might pick it up, if I have the money after 00. :D

bio9205 2010-10-17 01:28

Oh, yeah. Which magazine will come with the Full Saber kit, and when?

LoweGear 2010-10-17 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by bio9205 (Post 3302227)
Oh, yeah. Which magazine will come with the Full Saber kit, and when?

Hobby Japan February 2011 issue, which'll be released this December around Christmas time.

bio9205 2010-10-17 01:52

Sweet. Hopefully they ship here in Singapore.

The parts are molded in blue and trans-green, am I right? I mean, past exclusive kits seem to be all molded in white.

Dynamite 2010-10-17 02:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3300574)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3300582)
Could be better if the paint weren't of the Gundam Markers.

Bonus for anyone in their teens who could tell what those mechs are.

Wow those mods look AMAZING.
Are they yours?

<----huge SD collector.

I don't have that many Sangokuden kits, but I can recognize about three of the "source kits."
I have no idea what the rest are though.

If they aren't yours, where did you get those pictures? Do you know all the source kits?

BurningChaos 2010-10-17 03:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3301273)
So I finally assembled my HG Raphael Gundam today, and tried posing it out as usual for any newly assembled model. And guess what I found out to my pleasant surprise:

(clickable thumbnails)

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...h_IMG_0299.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...h_IMG_0298.jpg

The HG Raphael with the backpack on can stand on its own two feet unsupported without using its GN Bazookas. And even when I moved the GN Bazookas to near perpendicular to upset its center of gravity the Raphael can still stand firmly.

Given all the comments about Raphael's unbalanced design from month's back, I find this a nice surprise, and even more so given that none of the reviews I've seen online ever display this aspect of the Raphael - they always either display the Raphael on a stand, or when on the ground they use the GN Bazookas to prop it up from behind.

1. Hmm...It seems that you got the correct ideas to make it stand up :D
2. I can see your 00 Gundam collection displayed, Did any of your customers bothered to tinker with them?
3. I see you own a computer shop, Where do you live? Because the computer shop design looks somewhat common here in my country.

LoweGear 2010-10-17 04:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurningChaos (Post 3302358)
1. Hmm...It seems that you got the correct ideas to make it stand up :D
2. I can see your 00 Gundam collection displayed, Did any of your customers bothered to tinker with them?
3. I see you own a computer shop, Where do you live? Because the computer shop design looks somewhat common here in my country.

1. It was actually a surprise when I was trying to get a size comparison between my Reborns and the Raphael. I just made the Raphael stand up like usual and found out that it managed to stay up without it propping the GN Bazookas on its back. So I went ahead and tried out the limits of how well the Raphael can stand on its own. :heh:
- They're out of reach of my smaller customers, and most of my customers know enough to just look at them. I can proudly say that I'm perhaps the only net cafe with Gunpla on display :D
- Philippines, that's all I'm saying :)

duotiga 2010-10-17 05:28

be getting hguc sinanju...but shld i wait for it to come with the head stand? =x (got a feeling they are going to do that again)

braves set might get 2 sets for both commander & regular type =D

M_Flores 2010-10-17 06:15

There are certain people out there that seem a little too reckless with their cash - and its people like these that end up buying some of the odd kits out there.
I just placed an order for a HG OO Raiser Condenser Type...





(Bear in mind I already have HG OO Gundam, HG O Raiser, AND HG OO Raiser + GN Sword III)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.