AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

dodgethis_sg 2007-06-13 23:50

The cradles are all inter-changable.

philmein 2007-06-14 00:59

So, I bought the MG Wing Zero Custom model..
Now, I'm considering the MG Sazabi..
Anyone own that one? How is it? It looked like it didn't fair well with Dalong..

dodgethis_sg 2007-06-14 02:20

The man's right. It ain't worth the money you for it. Don't bother with it.

SoranGTR 2007-06-14 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 993298)
So, I bought the MG Wing Zero Custom model..
Now, I'm considering the MG Sazabi..
Anyone own that one? How is it? It looked like it didn't fair well with Dalong..

I have a friend who owns one, and from his comments, i would say dont bother with it. Other than the fact that's it's big, it sucks in most other aspects especially since it's as posable as a sack of potatoes.

If you absolutely must get something from CCA, get MG Nu Gundam. It's 3000 yen cheaper and it's far superior in design to MG Sazabi.

LoweGear 2007-06-14 11:04

Seems like we'll be getting HG's of Gundam 00 mecha right from the get go:

Gundam 00 on Famitsu

Edit:

Erh, maybe not, after a second look. Still, showing us all four Gundams in model kit form so early is quite the surprise O_O

philmein 2007-06-14 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoranGTR (Post 993833)
I have a friend who owns one, and from his comments, i would say dont bother with it. Other than the fact that's it's big, it sucks in most other aspects especially since it's as posable as a sack of potatoes.

If you absolutely must get something from CCA, get MG Nu Gundam. It's 3000 yen cheaper and it's far superior in design to MG Sazabi.

Ah, I see.
Yeah, I guess I might just reconsider since the main problem for me is definitely the price. A whoppin' 99 bucks..

Meehlimo 2007-06-14 15:15

They r sum UGLY ass gundams imo. the green one and orange aint so bad but still ew.

thephreak 2007-06-14 17:21

+1, yep, the gundams aint pretty.

WaytoDawn 2007-06-15 00:50

is it just me, or according to the model of gundam excia from famitsu, there are six blades...two being held, two behind the shoulders, and two sticking out the ass...:twitch::heh::eyebrow:

LoweGear 2007-06-15 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaytoDawn (Post 994862)
is it just me, or according to the model of gundam excia from famitsu, there are six blades...two being held, two behind the shoulders, and two sticking out the ass...:twitch::heh::eyebrow:

Saw that as well, since those two protrusions on its buttplate look similar to the shoulder-mounted hilts.

So in all, Excia has 4 beam sabers (?), two short swords and one large composite shield blade for the total of 7. Not quite Infinite Justice, but still...

M_Flores 2007-06-15 02:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 994881)
Saw that as well, since those two protrusions on its buttplate look similar to the shoulder-mounted hilts.

So in all, Excia has 4 beam sabers (?), two short swords and one large composite shield blade for the total of 7. Not quite Infinite Justice, but still...

...for a 'starting' Gundam, that's still semi-insane.



Gundam Kyrios (or whatever) kinda reminds me of Aegis or something...
'Dynames' and 'Virtue' seem to be relatives of Buster Gundam. Excia seems too Impulsive to me.

duotiga 2007-06-15 03:18

Preview of Turn A

http://www.dengekionline.com/news/20..._gundam_45.jpg

Frm Dengeki

duotiga 2007-06-15 03:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 994969)
...for a 'starting' Gundam, that's still semi-insane.



Gundam Kyrios (or whatever) kinda reminds me of Aegis or something...
'Dynames' and 'Virtue' seem to be relatives of Buster Gundam. Excia seems too Impulsive to me.

Virtue is like remodelled GP02:eyebrow: though i kinda like Kyrios and Dynames 'Buster' analogy? Wonder how he store his various guns.......:eyespin:

M_Flores 2007-06-15 03:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 995030)
Virtue is like remodelled GP02:eyebrow: though i kinda like Kyrios and Dynames 'Buster' analogy? Wonder how he store his various guns.......:eyespin:

Ah yes, I forgot about GP02! Excia and Kyrios seem to be close-combat suits, whereas the other two seem more projectile-based, do you not agree?

duotiga 2007-06-15 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 995031)
Ah yes, I forgot about GP02! Excia and Kyrios seem to be close-combat suits, whereas the other two seem more projectile-based, do you not agree?

as for the other 2 projectile based,1 snipe (Dynames) while the other literally spams(Virtue)......:heh: Kyrios is more of neither here nor there (multi-purpose?) while Excia is melee MS literally....

M_Flores 2007-06-15 04:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 995055)
as for the other 2 projectile based,1 snipe (Dynames) while the other literally spams(Virtue)......:heh: Kyrios is more of neither here nor there (multi-purpose?) while Excia is melee MS literally....

Again, the 'multi-purpose' thing you claim leads me further to think that Kyrios can transform (if that doesnt seem obvious to some people, especially to me), but there havent been any pics to show an MA mode of it yet so I guess its pretty early to assume these. But still, its fun to learn the gimmicks of new MS, especially if I'd consider buying them.

LoweGear 2007-06-15 04:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 995059)
Again, the 'multi-purpose' thing you claim leads me further to think that Kyrios can transform (if that doesnt seem obvious to some people, especially to me), but there havent been any pics to show an MA mode of it yet so I guess its pretty early to assume these. But still, its fun to learn the gimmicks of new MS, especially if I'd consider buying them.

It's been confirmed that the Kyrios can transform, according to the latest info. What it transforms into is still speculation, but the hints (including info regarding a weapons pack) seem to point to the Kyrios being the missile-wielding mobile armor shown in the first trailer.

mangatron 2007-06-15 04:59

I think....those models don't do them justice, but it does take some getting use to :heh:

I mean, the model's look too skinny, while Virtue looks....rather fat:heh: which, I do hope there is a reason for it's trans fatty look, but other than that, hmm, the designs will take some getting used to. I guess the only thing I like about these previews is the girl :heh:

Hope she isn't too much of the quiet type, she does look serious but...ah, cute nonetheless. She seems to be the only female of the team :heh:

Wait that is a girl, right? Tell me I'm right, I know my instincts aren't failing me :heh::heh::heh:

LoweGear 2007-06-15 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 995105)
I think....those models don't do them justice, but it does take some getting use to :heh:

I mean, the model's look too skinny, while Virtue looks....rather fat:heh: which, I do hope there is a reason for it's trans fatty look, but other than that, hmm, the designs will take some getting used to. I guess the only thing I like about these previews is the girl :heh:

Hope she isn't too much of the quiet type, she does look serious but...ah, cute nonetheless. She seems to be the only female of the team :heh:

Wait that is a girl, right? Tell me I'm right, I know my instincts aren't failing me :heh::heh::heh:

I believe all the info points to Tieira being a guy unfortunately :heh:

mangatron 2007-06-15 05:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 995120)
I believe all the info points to Tieira being a guy unfortunately :heh:

Aha, I knew that 1% didn't fail me. Now I officially hate the chara designer, thanks for all the nightmares Mr. Yaoi artist :heh::heh:

I just knew, knowing the chara designer, I just knew somehow that wasn't a girl....:heh:

subaruhess 2007-06-15 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangatron (Post 995121)
Aha, I knew that 1% didn't fail me. Now I officially hate the chara designer, thanks for all the nightmares Mr. Yaoi artist :heh::heh:

I just knew, knowing the chara designer, I just knew somehow that wasn't a girl....:heh:

Not trying to be anti-social but there is already gundam 00 thread for that kind of discussion.

Back on topic, what scale are these new gundam 00 models? Theres no hint or anything as to what grade they are either. To me they look like 1/100's manipulators & detail are not like HG models.

Image source link: http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/20...73434,0,0.html

duotiga 2007-06-15 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by subaruhess (Post 996131)
Not be anti-social but there is already gundam 00 thread for that kind of discussion.

Back on topic, what scale are these new gundam 00 models? Theres no hint or anything as to what grade they are either. To me they look like 1/100's manipulators & detail are not like HG models.

Image source link: http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/20...73434,0,0.html

according to Gunota

Gundam 00 will also invade major product lines as well, including MSiA (Gundam Exia, price & date not shown), the apparently new 00 Region line (Exia, price & date also not shown), and HCM-Pro with the Gundam Exia (September, 2,300 yen) and Gundam Dynames (October, 2,300 yen).

i hope that will answer your question ;)

WaytoDawn 2007-06-16 01:45

ok, after further observations, I can sorta c two beam sabers on Gundam Dynames. Can you guys c it? (hint hint...it is also somewhere unexpected)

mangatron 2007-06-16 02:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by subaruhess (Post 996131)
Not be anti-social but there is already gundam 00 thread for that kind of discussion.

Not to be a sarcastic jerk, but already been there done that.

Now thinking about the latest technology available to creating a MG model, I do see it possible to MG'ize one of these Gundam00's. Of course, the thought of Kit bashing a Gundam Virtue crossed my mind already, which would get some help from those HG 1/144 Hazel's. I also have wondered about the immense lack of mobility the Virtue can have in regards to it's feet :heh:

Ah, but hey, the Zaku got a Ver 2.0 fix to it's feet, so it could be possible...but with this new line of Gundam, it's probably safe to say the only way one can have the GS druggie Gundam's is to make it yourself :heh:

duotiga 2007-06-16 03:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaytoDawn (Post 996342)
ok, after further observations, I can sorta c two beam sabers on Gundam Dynames. Can you guys c it? (hint hint...it is also somewhere unexpected)

yea i saw it too but have to wait for further information given....if really got that wld be good:D

subaruhess 2007-06-16 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 996153)
according to Gunota

Gundam 00 will also invade major product lines as well, including MSiA (Gundam Exia, price & date not shown), the apparently new 00 Region line (Exia, price & date also not shown), and HCM-Pro with the Gundam Exia (September, 2,300 yen) and Gundam Dynames (October, 2,300 yen).

i hope that will answer your question ;)

I already looked at gunota but the models in the photo report are what I'm curious about, they look like model kits but theres no scale or grade.

duotiga 2007-06-16 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by subaruhess (Post 996582)
I already looked at gunota but the models in the photo report are what I'm curious about, they look like model kits but theres no scale or grade.

well...let's hope for more news then shall we?:D

philmein 2007-06-16 22:40

Hmm..

should I get the Strike+IWSP model or the Strike Noir model? Any recommendations?

Why did Strike Noir get such a low rating on Dalong's site?

Thanks in advance.

mangatron 2007-06-17 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 997404)
Hmm..

should I get the Strike+IWSP model or the Strike Noir model? Any recommendations?

Why did Strike Noir get such a low rating on Dalong's site?

Thanks in advance.

From what I gather the Strike Noir got a low rating because although it is new, it has basically the same kind of inner frame the other Strikes have, unlike the MG Strike Freedom. Also due to that, if you're a really big fan of Strike Noir that may be the only reason to get it; because of being a fan. Although, the Strike Noir wins with it's backpack, an amazing piece that is.

I hear the Strike IWSP is better in regards to more bang for your buck. But, all goes down to which Strike you like. Hope that helps.

Meehlimo 2007-06-17 13:53

If ur lookin for flashy lota weapons go with the IWSP if ur lookin for a model that just looks bad ass when its done u want the Noir. believe it or not same frame or not the noirs stability imo is far greater than that of any of the other strike varients probably becuz of the lighter backback the iwsp is a damn 2 ton weight
so to pose in a cool way u need to use its stand. if u have any technical questions just ask i know the models liek the back of my hand xD

philmein 2007-06-17 15:32

Thanks guys.

I did check out Plastic Frog's translation with Dalong's review, and the problems aren't that big of a deal. I've never owned a "Strike" gundam, so the fact that the same inner frame is use doesn't concern me. But the price is a bit hefty.

srb 2007-06-19 21:13

Just do the basic "is the pure awesomeness it radiates worth X amount of cash?" equation.

Find X, then decide on your purchase.

Good luck!

M_Flores 2007-06-19 23:37

I'd go Noir over the IWSP.
I've said it many times before, I loved the Strike Gundam design because it looked primitive and basic. In my opinion, that was the beauty of Strike because it really had that 'my first Gundam' magic to it.

Noir to me was like, a BMF'ed version of Strike, which was more slick, stylish, weapons are proportioned and not over the place, nothing overkill, but has enough to do its job right.

However, the IWSP, its like it can't decide if it wants to retain the same 'basicness' of Strike or be an omgwtf spammer overkiller. It's just in between and I think its very awkward of a Strike Gundam.
As a personal preference, I'd go Noir because of it's uniqueness, as opposed to IWSP's neither here, nor there kind of look.
But this is just my personal opinion.

Apparently Noir comes with no stand though, if that's true, then that's kinda lame, but Action Base can solve your posing issues.

Fome 2007-06-20 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 1002283)
I'd go Noir over the IWSP.
I've said it many times before, I loved the Strike Gundam design because it looked primitive and basic. In my opinion, that was the beauty of Strike because it really had that 'my first Gundam' magic to it.

Noir to me was like, a BMF'ed version of Strike, which was more slick, stylish, weapons are proportioned and not over the place, nothing overkill, but has enough to do its job right.

However, the IWSP, its like it can't decide if it wants to retain the same 'basicness' of Strike or be an omgwtf spammer overkiller. It's just in between and I think its very awkward of a Strike Gundam.
As a personal preference, I'd go Noir because of it's uniqueness, as opposed to IWSP's neither here, nor there kind of look.
But this is just my personal opinion.

Apparently Noir comes with no stand though, if that's true, then that's kinda lame, but Action Base can solve your posing issues.



Wow, you've expressed my very thoughts too. I've always thought that the Strike Gundam had that RX-78 feel, but made more modern. I agree with everything you said about the IWSP and Noir.

Meehlimo 2007-06-20 02:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fome (Post 1002406)
Wow, you've expressed my very thoughts too. I've always thought that the Strike Gundam had that RX-78 feel, but made more modern. I agree with everything you said about the IWSP and Noir.

i tried to say that but guess i didnt get my point across to well:(

philmein 2007-06-20 07:22

^hahah
Your point came through, man. I'm just glad for more opinions.
Looks like I well buy the Noir when I DO have the money.

M_Flores 2007-06-20 09:39

You said you've never owned a Strike Gundam before, right?
Well, if you ask me, go for Aile Strike Gundam, Master Grade. Not only do you get the original beauty of Strike Gundam but you also get this really tuff looking stand. As dalong kinda indicated, Noir is better suited for Noir fans, but if you want a Strike, go for THE Strike. Again, just my opinion. I'd rather get that than IWSP or Noir.

duotiga 2007-06-20 18:14

MG Char's Gelgoog Ver. 2.0 pics

A few promo pics are up at Happinet Online.

Frm Gunota

philmein 2007-06-20 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 1002856)
You said you've never owned a Strike Gundam before, right?
Well, if you ask me, go for Aile Strike Gundam, Master Grade. Not only do you get the original beauty of Strike Gundam but you also get this really tuff looking stand. As dalong kinda indicated, Noir is better suited for Noir fans, but if you want a Strike, go for THE Strike. Again, just my opinion. I'd rather get that than IWSP or Noir.

Thanks for the recommedation, but I'm going to stick with the Noir because I do think it looks incredibly badass, and in particular, I am somewhat of a fan of it.

thephreak 2007-06-20 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1003533)
MG Char's Gelgoog Ver. 2.0 pics

A few promo pics are up at Happinet Online.

Frm Gunota

never liked the gelgoog and this one doesn't look like it will change my mind. char's zaku 2.0 was great though...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:53.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.