AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

pumpkins 2011-09-30 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3786277)
the nubs on special versions like the hyper mode gundams or on kits like the hyaku shiki are always really bad.
but with a metallic gold marker its not THAT bad. no one will notice most of the nubs this way.

i also just finished the kit!^^ its a very decent model but it is very obvious that it is one of the first MGs with a full inner frame. its pretty flimsy here and there and it needs quite a lot of screws!

wow, thats very fast! didnt you just get the kit today?! :)

hmm. i think the easiest way of getting a chrome-like paint is using alclad. here's a link: http://www.ghostofzeon.com/diy/paint...ndyalclad.html

i tried tamiya gold and the result is more of a metallic finish rather than mirror-like.

Appel 2011-09-30 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3786385)
wow, thats very fast! didnt you just get the kit today?! :)

hmm. i think the easiest way of getting a chrome-like paint is using alclad. here's a link: http://www.ghostofzeon.com/diy/paint...ndyalclad.html

i tried tamiya gold and the result is more of a metallic finish rather than mirror-like.

the MG god gundam is a very simple build, its one of bandais earlier MGs with a frame afterall. if you have built a couple of the newer master grades before then this guy really doesnt take long^^
i got it this morning before i went to work and started on it at about 5pm. i took a couple of breaks in between and was done at about 9pm. all in all i maybe worked like 2 1/2 hours on it.

and yes, if you want a true mirror finish then alclad II is the way to go! those paints are awesome but incredibly expensive and hard to get... (at least for me here in germany)
but if you use too much of them or dont use the right primer you wont get a mirror finish, too^^

getting a metallic mirror finish with spray cans or with a brush is usually almost impossible... it will be shiny but it will always be more like a matt finish.

maknaedik 2011-09-30 23:06

@Appel Yes, using markers is the safest thing I know. Most of the people I know does that. Wow, you just finished an MG that fast? AMAZING! Looks good and the nubmarks are truly hidden in that picture

@xxnike629xx Well, I actually want a mirror like finish. I don't like Tamiya's metallic gold.

@pumpkins Thank you for that link!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-09-30 23:34

@Appel
Great job, App! You see, I never bought a gold MG in fear that I'll get a very-dark gold color like MG Hyaku Shiki (except for Master Gundam which supposed to be dark-gold in the first place). I don't want to have to paint the entire body with gold myself coz I kinda can't afford it :D. So is God's color in your picture is mostly the original color from the kit itself? :confused:

PS: You should buy Hyper-Master too. If not, that Hyper-God will be lonely. :D

Another PS: Man, I really wish I had camera like yours. All I have as my digital camera is my cellphone T-T.

Appel 2011-10-01 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3786761)
@Appel
Great job, App! You see, I never bought a gold MG in fear that I'll get a very-dark gold color like MG Hyaku Shiki (except for Master Gundam which supposed to be dark-gold in the first place). I don't want to have to paint the entire body with gold myself coz I kinda can't afford it :D. So is God's color in your picture is mostly the original color from the kit itself? :confused:

PS: You should buy Hyper-Master too. If not, that Hyper-God will be lonely. :D

Another PS: Man, I really wish I had camera like yours. All I have as my digital camera is my cellphone T-T.

i only painted the nubs on it. maybe i can post a better picture today^^ like i said, all the pieces that used to be white are in a lighter shade of gold. its not very noticable but its there and looks awesome!

on and by the way, i only use a cell phone camera as well XD my phone has a 5MP camera. to make the photos less blurr i shrink them down to about 40%

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-10-01 04:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3786900)
on and by the way, i only use a cell phone camera as well XD my phone has a 5MP camera. to make the photos less blurr i shrink them down to about 40%

What! That's same as me. Hmm...I guess the lighting in my room is just worse and my hand is kinda shaky too. :D

Appel 2011-10-01 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3786970)
What! That's same as me. Hmm...I guess the lighting in my room is just worse and my hand is kinda shaky too. :D

thats probably it. with proper lighting even a crappy camera can take kinda decent photos. and when you shrink them down as well the quality gets better, too^^

edit: speaking of light, have a better photo^^

http://www.abload.de/img/foto1056o8go.jpg

its so bloody shiny... you can almost see my ugly mug! XD

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-10-01 09:40

Wow, thatís so bright! I def gonna get this someday, along with Hyper-Master. Itís a shame that Bandai didnít include the circling-godly-halo effect on Godís back :(. This is a gunpla I wonít put any markings on. :)

For those who have experience, howís this Godís original gold color compared to something like Akatsuki versions or Hyaku Shiki versions? Is this Hyper-God better than them? :confused: Iím curious.

maknaedik 2011-10-01 10:12

It's BRIGHT! I almost thought that its wings are CLEAR.

Appel 2011-10-01 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3787327)
Wow, thatís so bright! I def gonna get this someday, along with Hyper-Master. Itís a shame that Bandai didnít include the circling-godly-halo effect on Godís back :(. This is a gunpla I wonít put any markings on. :)

For those who have experience, howís this Godís original gold color compared to something like Akatsuki versions or Hyaku Shiki versions? Is this Hyper-God better than them? :confused: Iím curious.

i put on the markings because there arent a lot of them. 3 on the front and 7 on its back, i can live with them looking a little cheap but they still look good on it in my opinion^^
i didnt use the black stickers for the shoulders and front skirt armor though.

and about the hyaku shiki and akatsuki, i havent built any of those so i dont know about their gold pieces. but they should look the same! only the shades of gold should be a little different from each other.

judging by the pictures on dalongs website id say that the hyaku shikis pieces are in a lighter gold and the akatsukis pieces seem to be in darker and lighter shades but i really cant say for sure.

Exia_00 2011-10-01 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3786241)
I won't really change the angle of the vertical axis on the base too much. I'm just worried that the weight of the whole kit will affect the connection between the main body and the backpack when it is mounted on the base. And is there no other way for you to mount it on an action base without using the custom piece? I'm currently deciding on whether or not to get this kit now or on a later date.


if thats the case, it should be fine it wont really drag it down or fall off, well its never happened to me. Yeah it does come with a custom piece so you can mount it on the 1/100 action base stands. And i also prefer the Extreme blast mode due to the neat extra effect parts but um about getting the kit not assuming you have the funds, really depends if you are dying to get it or if you prioritise other gundams, I got it when it came out

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-10-01 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3787385)
i didnt use the black stickers for the shoulders and front skirt armor though.

I think that they would be more appropriate for your Hyper-God than the other markings though. :D

Appel 2011-10-01 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3787600)
I think that they would be more appropriate for your Hyper-God than the other markings though. :D

maybe, but i just dont like the looks of the kit with the black stickers^^ everyone is building it without the stickers. in the manual, on dalongs site and generally everywhere i looked they didnt use the stickers. so i decided to do the same.
i just wanted it to be all golden

gummybear 2011-10-01 23:39

there are only 3 things I want right now:
MG unicorn full armor
RG exia
RG impulse

Benjohadi 2011-10-02 02:50

Ohh.....just found this thread..i used to collect gundam models before i'm back with plastics..haha..most of them are dead..so this is the only one that still allive..
1/100 HG Avalanche Exia and MG Destiny Gundam..
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5880/photo0030y.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/450/photo0028gq.jpg

i'm thinking to sell my brother 1/100 HG LEgend Gundam since he is no more interested..
is it worth it?
PM me if interested..hehe..
the Avalanche Exia is also for sell..(paypal only,and i can do nternational shipping)XD

Zero Hurricane 2011-10-02 06:17

Avalanche Exia is good, but personally I have three MG kits of Wing series, like Wing Zero Custom, Wing Gundam EW, and Deathscythe Hell Custom.

Chiu_fan 2011-10-02 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exia_00 (Post 3787472)
if thats the case, it should be fine it wont really drag it down or fall off, well its never happened to me. Yeah it does come with a custom piece so you can mount it on the 1/100 action base stands. And i also prefer the Extreme blast mode due to the neat extra effect parts but um about getting the kit not assuming you have the funds, really depends if you are dying to get it or if you prioritise other gundams, I got it when it came out

I'm not really prioritizing as to which I should buy first but which is the better purchase for me at the moment. The list of contenders of which MGs I would want to buy at the moment are as follows: 00 Qan[T], Destiny EBM, or Epyon. But I think I'll push through with ordering the Destiny EBM after my exams this week.

suiton629 2011-10-02 08:32

Well, I just got my SD & MG 00 Gundam 7 Sword G in the mail from Gundam Guy..

:: adds more kits to back log ::

lol

Exia_00 2011-10-02 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3788791)
I'm not really prioritizing as to which I should buy first but which is the better purchase for me at the moment. The list of contenders of which MGs I would want to buy at the moment are as follows: 00 Qan[T], Destiny EBM, or Epyon. But I think I'll push through with ordering the Destiny EBM after my exams this week.

I have the epyon as well :) you might like that one the best.

suiton629 2011-10-02 17:33

so we finally get some new images of the master grade full armor unicorn for those interested...

:D









http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VMt_xUJaWc...J8/s1600/1.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xCvYLDHBqK...iY/s1600/2.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5sBr0P24f7...Q/s1600/24.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HldpqBZT_e...8/s1600/23.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-me5YnTINly.../s1600/123.jpg

Kitaeryu 2011-10-03 00:36

Seems like the MG FA Unicorn is kinda overkill on the weapons LOL. I doubt you'd be able to pull off ANY pose aside from the standing on the ground pose with those huge propellant tanks...And even if you were to put it on a display stand, the joints would probably break...

maknaedik 2011-10-03 00:45

I don't think it'll break. But yeah, posability will probably gonna be limited an d I don't think you really have to anyway.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-10-03 00:50

I think FA Unicorn is a brick gunpla. You might as well buy a statue of it ^_^.

Exia_00 2011-10-03 01:10

I may humbly wait and pray for the FA. to come out in Damashii

Znozzy 2011-10-03 02:48



http://chanarchive.org/content/17_m/...5107784469.jpg

give it to meeeeeeeeeeee, i wants the precious FA unicorn

maknaedik 2011-10-03 03:49

Seed Remaster HGs coming this November: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/1...t-renewed.html

New markings
HD colors
Can now be mounted in Action Bases 2
New boxart

Well, that's at least better than Zeta MGs HD, which only comes with HD colors and new boxart.
But what I want, a selfish one I admit and will be very costy for Bandai, is for them to release a new version. I mean, better articulation and new molds. Given that they'll release new HGs, I sincerely hope they release an NG 1/100 Aegis even if it doesn't have new articulation. What I really want from it is to mount it in an action base and its color to be anime accurate.

RAVNEN 2011-10-03 06:32

I'm gonna get all those SEED Remaster HG, especially the GINN:D. Never had a chance to buy it before. Hopefully the grunt Astray & Strike Dagger also get a HG treatment.

duotiga 2011-10-03 07:35

where is my HG/MG Blast impulse??????

suiton629 2011-10-03 07:44

Hm~

If these "remaster" kits are coming for Seed and Seed Destiny, I might have to invest some money in the SD & MG releases, especially if they "remaster" the SD & MG kits of the main suits from the series.

Butagami 2011-10-03 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3790448)
Hm~

If these "remaster" kits are coming for Seed and Seed Destiny, I might have to invest some money in the SD & MG releases, especially if they "remaster" the SD & MG kits of the main suits from the series.

I think they'll only remaster the HG's, as that's what it says, seed remastered hg. The MG's are too recent to warrant a remastered/2.0 version. They're still up to current standards.

suiton629 2011-10-03 08:08

new pix for age-titus are up...








firefox 2011-10-03 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3790247)
Seed Remaster HGs coming this November: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/1...t-renewed.html

New markings
HD colors
Can now be mounted in Action Bases 2
New boxart

Well, that's at least better than Zeta MGs HD, which only comes with HD colors and new boxart.
But what I want, a selfish one I admit and will be very costy for Bandai, is for them to release a new version. I mean, better articulation and new molds. Given that they'll release new HGs, I sincerely hope they release an NG 1/100 Aegis even if it doesn't have new articulation. What I really want from it is to mount it in an action base and its color to be anime accurate.

I juist bought 10 1/144 HG seed and seed destiny models so this is "bad" news for me :( ,owell we will survive :)

What i really hope is they finaly release some long overdue 1/144 HG versions of Dagger, Windam, Guaiz, M1 astray and slash zaku phantom (Yzak custom)

They can release new molds of seed suits in the RG line were we allready have a new strike and freedom ( and apparantly Duel and Buster soon).

maknaedik 2011-10-03 08:38

Too bad Bandai announced MG titus too soon. If they haven't, then maybe I'll buy this HG first

Appel 2011-10-03 08:51

since the FA unicorn is being released rather soon i decided to play around with the posing of my own regular unicorn a little^^
its funny, it all came back to me what terrible articulation this thing has! XD not just because the arms and legs cant bend properly, but also because the ankles are incredibly lose (never really noticed that before...), the hip joints are way too stiff and the torso joint is also very lose (but you can secure that with a clamp on the back).

but since the FA unicorn will have the same gatlings and shields as mine i figured id try to figure out how to connect the shied to the arm while the gatlings are equipped.
the connection is pretty wobbly but it works^^

it was a nightmare to just get it to stand like this but at least i now have a fully equipped unicorn :P

http://www.abload.de/img/foto1060bdm9.jpg

Znozzy 2011-10-03 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3790442)
where is my HG/MG Blast impulse??????



now a MG Blast impulse would be a wet dream, i love that design, it's a shame it never even got a 1/100 :/


the HG titus looks like it has balance issues, the feets looks too small

pumpkins 2011-10-03 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAVNEN (Post 3790355)
I'm gonna get all those SEED Remaster HG, especially the GINN:D. Never had a chance to buy it before. Hopefully the grunt Astray & Strike Dagger also get a HG treatment.

hmm.from what gundamguy said it looks like only the colours and sticker sheet will be changed. so dont think there will be any changes to its articulation or detail. :( not very sure why they would re-release these kits. o.O

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3790573)


now a MG Blast impulse would be a wet dream, i love that design, it's a shame it never even got a 1/100 :/

the HG titus looks like it has balance issues, the feets looks too small

i think the feet looks pretty big! it looks to be the size of virtue's feet!

RAVNEN 2011-10-03 11:46

[QUOTE=pumpkins;3790730]hmm.from what gundamguy said it looks like only the colours and sticker sheet will be changed. so dont think there will be any changes to its articulation or detail. :( not very sure why they would re-release these kits. o.O

Yeah, it's kinda a let down, but im gonna wait if Bandai announched more detail about those remaster SEED HG. Either way it's great news for gunpla fan, now I have more option which kit to buy.:D

Appel 2011-10-03 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3790730)
hmm.from what gundamguy said it looks like only the colours and sticker sheet will be changed. so dont think there will be any changes to its articulation or detail. :( not very sure why they would re-release these kits. o.O

they probably just did it to have something to accompany the release of the remastered version of SEED. something to make another quick buck with^^
we all know bandai, if they have the right opportunity to recycle old molds then they are more than happy to do so XD
but who knows! maybe they also use this opportunity to sell some all new SEED kits. there are more than enough popular machines that havent gotten a MG treatment yet. maybe we will finally see a MG aegis or justice?

Sworra 2011-10-03 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3790743)
they probably just did it to have something to accompany the release of the remastered version of SEED. something to make another quick buck with^^
we all know bandai, if they have the right opportunity to recycle old molds then they are more than happy to do so XD
but who knows! maybe they also use this opportunity to sell some all new SEED kits. there are more than enough popular machines that havent gotten a MG treatment yet. may we will finally see a MG aegis or justice?

Hope so that would be wild to see... or maybe the Providence or Legend some MG love. :)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-10-03 13:00

Or MG JUSTICE? Please...please...please...:bow:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:52.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.