AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Higurashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OVA - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82863)

FlareKnight 2009-06-29 02:11

Spoiler for Ep4:

risingstar3110 2009-06-29 10:31

Thank to Eryops, i finally understand Bernkastel's identity (really thank there, mate ^^ )

To say the truth, the anime's directoring of the whole Higurashi's series suck, but i can't stop giving it the top score, because the anime+ this sub-forum + bit of novels and manga is a real masterpiece.

I means without the anime, a lots of ppl won't be able to get through the novel. To me, the anime is like a basic tree diagram where you watched through to get the main frame, then get the details (of parts you interest in) through the novel (have to thank kj1980 and Sushi-Y and LostBlue and everyone else for translating the tips =D ).

The ep itself was great (once again i have to say the anime directoring was really suck, so many long conversation, so many rush). Every time i thought no satisfying ending can be pulled off, Higurashi showed me that i was damn wrong (S1, Kai, Rei, all 3 of them...).

Finallly: I'm happy really. Because i decided to check out Higurashi; and because next time if someone asks me if i ever read a master piece novel, i will tell them that no Harry Porter or Twilight craps (my apologises to die-hard fans of these 2, but that's the truth) can be even compared to Higurashi :D

kk2extreme 2009-06-29 10:34

i really wanna see more hanyuu in MILF form, i have seen enough of her loli form :naughty:

risingstar3110 2009-06-29 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by kk2extreme (Post 2479671)
i really wanna see more hanyuu in MILF form, i have seen enough of her loli form :naughty:

I prefer her loli form but maybe a "desktop pet" of loli Hanyuu transforming into adult version would be nice :D

PS: there are only 4 of them out atm, right? (with Shion+Mion =1)

Edit: talk about destop pet...... don't worry Satoko, you can boil either broccoli or cauliflower and eat, it just the same!! xD

Mint Kashiro 2009-06-30 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercurius (Post 2474963)
And one more regarding Matsuribayashi-hen
Spoiler for Epilogue?:

Spoiler for Response:

Kazane 2009-06-30 09:58

I loved it when Rena made the speech about choices and the two worlds as it reminded me of this TIP here which I enjoyed reading.

So the weapon Ouka was holding was the Onigari no Ryuou? Fitting appearance, I guess.

10/10; great ending to the main storyline. This is it, huh. Sigh.

Proto 2009-07-02 14:48

Beautiful, just beautiful. I just love these kind of introspective, "talky" as some people might put it, episodes. I think the philosophical dilemma was well portrayed, and the conclusion they arrived to left a good after taste. I didn't feel a sense of rushing, since the point of the episode was an epilogue to Higurashi's theme rather than to its story or its character, and the former was not rushed at all.

Freelii 2009-07-07 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by FooBar (Post 2476217)
There's something I didn't quite understand during the entire Saikoroshi-hen arc:

Spoiler for Saikoroshi-hen:

Here's my take on it: Let's assume for a moment that Rika really did die in the car accident that sent her to the next world. In order for her to get back to the one she left, there would have to be a body waiting for her. Hanyuu used the rest of her spiritual power to either:
a. rebuild rika's body and change people's memories or
b. changed the timeline itself so that rika would only receive a coma from the accident, instead of losing her head.

The resulting use of Hanyuu's power deprived her of her corporeal existance in the world where Takano was defeated, hence why she appears in ghost form. I don't think any of the friends acknowledged her existance either.

Eryops 2009-07-08 05:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freelii (Post 2499031)
The resulting use of Hanyuu's power deprived her of her corporeal existance in the world where Takano was defeated, hence why she appears in ghost form. I don't think any of the friends acknowledged her existance either.

That doesn't explain why Hanyuu appears in a corporeal form a year before the start of the story (to Ichirou Maebara) but is invariably incorporeal after that point in time (except for Matsuribayashi-hen).

I think that since Hanyuu became corporeal in an attempt to help Rika, she simply no longer saw a need to remain in that form after Rika survived past June 1983.

risingstar3110 2009-07-08 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eryops (Post 2499887)
That doesn't explain why Hanyuu appears in a corporeal form a year before the start of the story (to Ichirou Maebara) but is invariably incorporeal after that point in time (except for Matsuribayashi-hen).

I think that since Hanyuu became corporeal in an attempt to help Rika, she simply no longer saw a need to remain in that form after Rika survived past June 1983.

Maybe both Rika and Hanyuu couldn't accustom with Hanyuu's corporeal body since they have lived with Hanyuu's "ghost" form for the past hundreds years. So Hanyuu decided to return to her normal form and clear everyone's memories about her.
Their living cost would be lower that way as well, (and Rika can be back to her sadist self -> punish Hanyuu whenever she want) :heh:

Kaioshin Sama 2009-07-08 16:02

One of the best anime episodes I've seen in a good long while. Now I finally understand exactly why this OVA was made following the conclusion to Kai.

Eryops 2009-07-08 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by risingstar3110 (Post 2500652)
Maybe both Rika and Hanyuu couldn't accustom with Hanyuu's corporeal body since they have lived with Hanyuu's "ghost" form for the past hundreds years. So Hanyuu decided to return to her normal form and clear everyone's memories about her.
Their living cost would be lower that way as well, (and Rika can be back to her sadist self -> punish Hanyuu whenever she want) :heh:

There's no evidence that Hanyuu can affect people's memories or that her corporeal presence caused problems to those around her. And all the worlds were different, so none of the other characters have existed for 100 years.

qwertyuiopz 2009-07-08 21:07

now thats ended........i dont understand why rena went nuts when asked about the dam at ep 2?

Klashikari 2009-07-08 21:13

She didn't go nuts. As much as Rika thought it was Irie in episode 2, it is the same for Rena: Rika wasn't totally "adapted" to the world (as Rika is traveling between Kakera via a memory transfer), so her memories are predominant and makes her see that Rena would turn insane/touchy about that subject.
In reality, this Rena has no reason to go erratic over that matter.

Conversively, this is also the reason why she saw Yamoto despite it was Irie in episode 4: her memories has to "adapt" to the world she is in.

aldw 2009-07-11 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazane (Post 2482015)
I loved it when Rena made the speech about choices and the two worlds as it reminded me of this TIP here which I enjoyed reading.

So the weapon Ouka was holding was the Onigari no Ryuou? Fitting appearance, I guess.

10/10; great ending to the main storyline. This is it, huh. Sigh.

The insight Rena and the others presented was quite good, even for someone as jaded and experienced as Rika was, for certain things aren't apparent for a viewer at times. :)

As for Hanyuu being corporeal, even a being like her can be affected by Schroedinger's Cat as well, so it wouldn't be a surprise if the world that Rika has the accident to be divergent from that in Matsuribayashi-hen.

Yami Sonozaki 2009-07-20 13:43

Just saw it subbed today and I must say it was a great ending.
A "talky" episode was needed in order to explain most stuff, but I'm a little sad because more details about Bernkastel weren't given, except that monologue RIka had "I should stop living as the witch Bernkastel". More details on that would have been awesome really.

Also, I'm pretty much sure that world wasn't a dream. I'm sure Hanyuu said that so Rika would stop thinking about it.
Overall a nice and touching episode.
Can't believe it's the end. *sniff*

aldw 2009-07-22 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yami Sonozaki (Post 2527082)
Just saw it subbed today and I must say it was a great ending.
A "talky" episode was needed in order to explain most stuff, but I'm a little sad because more details about Bernkastel weren't given, except that monologue RIka had "I should stop living as the witch Bernkastel". More details on that would have been awesome really.

Also, I'm pretty much sure that world wasn't a dream. I'm sure Hanyuu said that so Rika would stop thinking about it.
Overall a nice and touching episode.
Can't believe it's the end. *sniff*

It can be both a dream and a real world, so again it's not necessarily mutually exclusive.

0seveN 2009-07-23 02:51

I saw this image on the episode 3 thread, but thought I'd ask here.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/220/pets.png

Is there something special I'm supposed to do to get Rena to do the Rika-hug animation? I've had the Rena pet on my desktop since OVA 1 came out, and she hasn't done it once.

Eryops 2009-07-23 05:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0seveN (Post 2532534)
Is there something special I'm supposed to do to get Rena to do the Rika-hug animation? I've had the Rena pet on my desktop since OVA 1 came out, and she hasn't done it once.

They do these randomly. Rena has done it on my computer a number of times.

0seveN 2009-07-23 07:30

So I'm really just so unlucky I haven't seen it once in more than 3 months? That's depressing.