AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Fall 2011: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=105103)

MisaoFan 2011-06-24 15:13

Fall 2011: Your Expectations and Anticipated Series

Spoiler for List of Fall 2011 series:

List of other fall 2011 series (not pictured) :

Maken-ki!
Original creator (manga) : Hiromitsu Takeda
Director : Koichi Ohata
Series Composition : Yousuke Kuroda
Character Design : Nobuteru Yuki
Animation Production : AIC
Plot Summary : The story centers around Takeru Ōyama, a boy enrolled in an elite school where the students (comprised of girls and boys) fight with mysterious powers called Maken. The student body includes a girl named Inaho Kushiya who calls herself Takeru's fiancée, his childhood friend Haruko Amaya born from ninja family and a wealthy, enigmatic girl Kodama Himegami.

Mo-retsu Uchu Pirates
Original creator (light novel) : Yuichi Sasamoto
Original Character Design : Noriyuki Matsumoto
Director : Tatsuo Sato
Series Composition : Tatsuo Sato
Character Design : Akira Yasuda
Animation Character Design : Akira Yasuda
Animation Production : Satelight
Plot Summary : The story centers around a spirited high school girl named Marika. She keeps herself busy with the space yacht club and her part-time job at a high-class retro café. One day, two men suddenly appear and claim to be subordinates of her dead father. They demand that she assume command of the space pirate ship Benten Maru. A privateer ship's compact was made during a war of independence a century ago, and according to that compact, the ship must be inherited by the captain's next direct descendant. Marika finds herself embarking on a new life as a space pirate.

Ben-To
Original creator : Asaura
Original Character Design : Kaito Shibano
Director : Shin Itagaki
Series Composition : Kazuyuki Fudeyasu
Character Design : Katsuzo Hirata
Chief Animation Director : Katsuzo Hirata
Design : Shin Itagaki
Music : Taku Iwasaki
Animation Production : David Production
Plot Summary : The story revolves around a poor high school student named Yō Satō. Satō goes to the supermarket one day and discovers a bentō (boxed meal) on sale at half price. Just as he reaches to grab it, he ends up on the floor unconscious. Satō has just entered the fierce, no-holds-barred "supermarket survival battle" for half-price bentō.

ars89 2011-06-24 17:01

what! the summer season didn't even start yet and it's out, i'm amazed. Took a quick glance, looks like it'll be a stacked fall season

Dr. Casey 2011-06-24 17:04

Fate/Zero's definitely something I'm going to watch, I'm watching Fate/Stay Night for the first time and enjoying it a lot. The main characters I particularly care about are Shirou, Saber, Rin Tohsaka, Archer, Sakura, and the gothloli girl whose name I forget, so it would be nice if they're all present in the prequel (Though it's doubtful Shirou will be since he's just a normal kid about six years old), though I wouldn't mind if the cast was all new.

Tamayura's a bit saccharine, but I enjoyed the four OVAs quite a bit and am glad to see it get the upgrade to TV series. I hope the opening and closing songs are as good as they were for the OVAs, I loved both songs.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon looks cool, plan on checking that out. I like the art style and the cold, metallic feeling the preview picture in that chart gives off.

Science fiction isn't a genre that cranks out too many series I'm fond of, but Coppelion looks nice. The show has an interesting premise, and I have some fun with shows that take place in the future because I'm weird and enjoy thinking about how old I and the people I know might be during the story, or thinking about how different our lives might be by that time compared to the present.

I'm a big Shana fan, so Shakugan no Shana III is easily going to be one of the anime highlights of both 2011 and 2012 for me, especially since I get the impression that the later novels are fucking badass, more than worth the long wait between the second and third seasons (Well, not quite so long for me as those who watched the show while it was still being aired because I watched Shana for the first time early 2009, but that's still a decent wait).

Personas 3 and 4 are easily my two favorite RPGs, so there's no way I'm missing out on the anime rendition of Persona 4. (Though, to make a correction that I'm sure a million other people are going to point out to the guy who made this chart, the bulk of the story actually takes place during 2011.) Depending on when the series begins, if the anime is two cours the final battle on March 20th 2012 might coincide with the final episode's air date, which would be pretty cool.

Mirai Nikki's a no-brainer, I've never read the manga but I've always hoped that it would receive an anime adaptation some day. I like that Yuuko girl in the preview picture, she looks like a very gentle, kindhearted, easygoing girl.

I might watch Kimi to Boku, looks unremarkable but decent enough to kill some time.

The second season of Working! is the last confirmed Fall anime that I'm interested in. I enjoyed the first season, and this one will probably be better since it has the best character (Yamada) around from the beginning. :D

On the OVA side, I enjoy The World God Only Knows very much and Higurashi is one of my all-time favorite stories period. Infinite Stratos is mediocre, but meh, I'll probably watch it anyway.

The Fall 2011 season looks really good so far overall, and continues the time-honored tradition of Fall seasons always being the best.

Kameruka 2011-06-24 17:10

I'm not surprised why no decent titles up there. That dreaded bill already in full effect by that time. Autumn has been always my favorite anime season since most of my favorite shows like Gundam 00, Clannad and Yosuga no Sora to name a few has been shown in Autumn but this Autumn release just sucked, except for Persona 4 and C3 perhaps.

Let's hope Persona 4 won't be sucked like Trinity Soul(Winter 2007/2008).

Archon_Wing 2011-06-24 17:36

Fate/Zero, epic! And a shot at Shana III.

It can no longer be denied. 2011 is a wonderful year.

Well at least for me, who laughs at those in despair.

Jao 2011-06-24 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Casey (Post 3665723)
The main characters I particularly care about are Shirou, Saber, Rin Tohsaka, Archer, Sakura, and the gothloli girl whose name I forget, so it would be nice if they're all present in the prequel (Though it's doubtful Shirou will be since he's just a normal kid about six years old), though I wouldn't mind if the cast was all new.

You what?!

Reckoner 2011-06-24 17:57

Fall season looking to be good. This list looks a tiny bit incomplete.

Will definitely check out:

Fate/Zero - YES, it'S NOT DEEN HOORAY! Looking to be the show to challenge Madoka and Steins;Gate for best this year.
Guilty Crown - Notamina block show demands an auto watch.
UN-GO - Same deal as above
Shakugan no Shana III - Please don't suck.
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!!! - If they don't flub the adaption, should be great.

I also may check out the following...

Tamayura ~Hitotose~
Coppelion
Persona 4

EDIT: I also expected the new Last Exile to be coming out this Fall or next Spring, but if it's this FALL , definitely going to be checking that out.

Tyabann 2011-06-24 19:08

Isn't Haganai supposed to be airing this fall too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kameruka (Post 3665729)
I'm not surprised why no decent titles up there. That dreaded bill already in full effect by that time.

What. This is already the best fall season since 2008. Besides, it's hardly a complete list.

GDB 2011-06-24 19:35

Definitely:
Fate/Zero
Lupin III

Possibly:
C Cube
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai

Definitely needs to be more complete, but Fate/Zero alone makes it an amazing season.

ion475 2011-06-24 20:39

Quote:

Isn't Haganai supposed to be airing this fall too?
Yep, and I'm definitely catching it.

Not to mention, the list left out Gundam AGE as well for those Gundam fans out there (whether they want to just makes jokes out of it or just watch it b/c it's Gundam).

For me...
Haganai - I've been waiting for this for awhile...
Gundam AGE - The story may turn out serious, but if not, I'm so using this as something to joke on...
Ika II - Duh...
Working 2 - Duh...
Fate/Zero - Just b/c it's Fate/... series...
Shana III - Time to go back to first 2 seasons...been a LONG time
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Will probably read the novel before I really decide whether I'll watch it or not

Maybe:
Tamayura - From summary sounds like those high-school slice of life (Which I usually watch just for the sake of it...), but I heard the OAV was boring, though
Guilty Crown - Just maybe...(Doubtful, though, with so many series already up on "Will watch" list...)

Guardian Enzo 2011-06-24 23:48

Too early to worry about what I'll blog for fall, but Mirai Nikki is a no-brainer despite nothing terribly exciting in the staff and cast. The manga is absolutely stellar.

Hopefully Seitokai no Ichizon and Shinryaku Ika Musume will be fall series. I believe Working! has been confirmed for fall as well.

Kameruka 2011-06-25 01:21

Chihayafuyu: A serious shoujo show about ambitious girl? If it is then count me in, at least for first few episodes.

Let's hope Mirai Nikki ended like its manga, yes I'm trolling School Days fans.

Hooves 2011-06-25 03:33

Main Focus:
Shakugan no Shana III - Please don't mess this up J.C. Staff
Mirai Nikki - Manga alone is getting me to try this out
Fate/Zero - Obvious choice for me :heh:
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!!! - Going to give the anime a shot.

Secondary Focus:
Everything else :heh:

Solace 2011-06-25 05:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 3665769)
This list looks a tiny bit incomplete.

That's an understatement. I find myself questioning if this thread should even exist right now. Granted, there's a chart, but it hardly seems complete and we're not even done with the Spring season yet!

It's a bit hard to have "expectations and anticipations" around an incomplete chart that skips over a season that hasn't even begun to air. Now if we were closer to the end of the Summer season, then this thread might make more sense. Information would be more accurate and official. Too much can change between the end of the Spring season and the beginning of the Fall season.

Traks 2011-06-25 05:52

I'll definitely be watching Mirai Nikki for sure. I currently have the 10 volumes and are praying the rest will be released. I'll also have Bakuman, Working!! 2, and Mobile Suit Gundam AGE, on my watch list as well as other ongoing series. There are others that look pretty promising like Kyoukai Senjou No Horizon, Guilty Crown, and C³.

Arabesque 2011-06-25 08:52

Let's see

Tamayura ~Hitotose~: I liked the OVA series, so I'll be coming back for the series for more.

Bakuman 2: despite the first season starting out badly, it managed to pick up mid way through and finally got better by the end. Plus the season will have the character I've been waiting since the anime was announced lol.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon: An adaption of a door stopper series of novels, this sees an annoying looking group of people return to earth. Might check for the first couple of episodes, but nothing from the PV's had drawn me in so far.

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE: Ah Gundam. The director is pretty experienced in the franchise, but Level 5 ... they make some fun games, but the story is just ... well at least this is huge move for them I guess? The character designs don't really look all that great, and the main Gundam is as plain as you can get, but the story potential is very strong here. 3 protagonists, century span storyline, and new direction for the franchise. Could end up being G Gundam reborn.

Shinryaku!? Ika Musume: Loved the first season, but the directorial change ... I will never forgive the Valkyria Chronicles adaption T_T

Fate/Zero: pretty much an ensemble staff here, and could be the anime where the majority of the hype will be at in the season, since it's Type-moon (and has been getting a lot of hype going as is since it's announcement) Yuki Kajiura (meaning it will have a phenomenal soundtrack, though it reamins to be seen if it's used well) Ei Aoki (after Ga-Rei: Zero and Hourou Musuko, the man is a personal favorite of mine, and can direct a good action anime without compromising on the emotional aspect of the show) ufotable (sakuga heaven) and the source material is pretty good from what I've heard. Also, it's not Deen, so that's always a plus.

Just one tiny small problem though ...

There is still no writer. Like, what the hell? Why wouldn't they announce who is composing the anime already?

Shana III: The other widely anticipated show this season, this had already been set for being the final season for a while now with all the OVA's they had been releasing and the novels coming to an end. I will check it out, since I liked the past two seasons more or less.

Coppelion: interesting premise

UnkoUn-Go: proof that Nintendo isn't the only one in the land of the rising sun who can come up with stupid names.

Guilty Crown: The producer of notaminA, having concluded that he needs to sacrifice something in order to gain another, he gathered all the DVD/BD of previous notaminA and placed them all in one building. Afterwards, he set the entire building on fire, and walked in. When he came out, this was stuck to his nibble. He decided then to have the guy who directed an anime about bullets passing through boobs and laser pens to helm it. Much tears ensued.

At the very least, this is heading to be pretty looking. Very pretty looking, going by the concept art, the character designer, and the studio. The story though ...

notaminA T_T

Lupin III: can't go wrong with the classics right?

Phi Brain: I like the concept, and it's sunrise so it gets a pass with me.

Other wise, this is looking like its shaping like a great season. 2011 is going to end with a bang.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solace (Post 3666392)
That's an understatement. I find myself questioning if this thread should even exist right now. Granted, there's a chart, but it hardly seems complete and we're not even done with the Spring season yet!

It's a bit hard to have "expectations and anticipations" around an incomplete chart that skips over a season that hasn't even begun to air. Now if we were closer to the end of the Summer season, then this thread might make more sense. Information would be more accurate and official. Too much can change between the end of the Spring season and the beginning of the Fall season.

I'm not sure why is this an issue, since we had threads like this created quite early before once a preliminary list had surfaced. Furthermore, Spring is more less ending this week, so there is no problem with a Fall thread coming now since the Summer one is about to become obsolete.

I mean we have about 20 titles aside from the Movies + OVA's already set to air in the Fall, many of which are long awaited shows. As for the information, much like every thread prior, we'll end up getting a clearer picture once we come closer to the airing date, but we do have enough info atm to make a general impression of the season and the shows airing. Change is expected, but that doesn't make the info released now useless.

Misdreavius 2011-06-25 09:29

Well just looking at the list of anime that will be airing in Fall is enough to hype me to the max. Can't wait till October, if it wasn't for the fact that my exams are in November. -_-

I feel like I'll end up watching almost everything. I'm not picky and don't care much for depth in anime anyway. I watch it for fun.

Will watch:
Guilty Crown - It's noitaminA so obviously, and I love the character designs
Tamayura - Relaxing
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Sounds interesting
C3 - I like Silver Link, and torture.
Phi Brain - I also love puzzles, this might be interesting.
Shakugan no Shana III - Of course I'll watch sequels of shows I like
Persona 4 - Looks very interesting even though I've never played Persona (don't have a PlayStation at all) and I like most of Kishi Seiji's works.
Mirai Nikki - Yandere girl is always good, and I like these kinds of psychological shows
Un-Go - Willing to give it a go, only because it's also noitaminA
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! - My No.1 most anticipated show because I love the VN even though I've only played 2 routes, and Kamiya Hiroshi is voicing the protagonist, though I have a feeling it won't do so well
Kimi to Boku - I'd like to see how a Lucky Star with guys will turn out.
Working!! 2 - First season was quite good
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Love the manga, hilarious, and I wanna hear Hanazawa Kana voice Kobato lols
Shinryaku! Ika Musume - Liked the first season

Mildly interested in everything else. Have a feeling this season will be the best season ever.

jdennis007 2011-06-25 10:12

My expectations are like for the start of every season, zero. I will watch and see which shows I like and which I don't.

GDB 2011-06-25 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arabesque (Post 3666564)
Fate/Zero: ...

Just one tiny small problem though ...

There is still no writer. Like, what the hell? Why wouldn't they announce who is composing the anime already?

What do you mean? It's written by Urobuchi Gen, the same one who wrote the novel.

Arabesque 2011-06-25 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 3666689)
What do you mean? It's written by Urobuchi Gen, the same one who wrote the novel.

If you check the official site, Gen is only credited as being the original creator of the novel, but he's not listed as the script/composition of the series. In fact, no one is listed as being the writer of the animated TV adaptation.

Is very weird, is what I'm saying. (and slightly worrisome)