AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

MakubeX2 2009-07-25 02:24

You have problems getting the buster rifle to be held upright in this particular kit ? Seems that this is the only problem that people had with it based on reviews.

yeahitschris 2009-07-25 02:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2537063)
You have problems getting the buster rifle to be held upright in this particular kit ? Seems that this is the only problem that people had with it based on reviews.

hm... somewhat. the beam rifle is about the same size as the wing gundam from head to toe. gotta look at how people make it hold the rifle correctly.

kakakka 2009-07-25 15:46

Can anyone tell me the scale of Gundam Robot Damashii figures?

MakubeX2 2009-07-25 19:57

Now that I've manage to get close and personal with a MG Exia, here a (very) brife pro and con comment about it.

Cons :-
1) It's not as good as the Sinanju. You can't even fold the Exia's arms the way you did with the Sinanju because of how the Inner Frame is structured and I had hope Bandai will build the Exia's frame based on technology used on the Sinanju. Might be because Bandai want to rush the Exia out while it's still hot ?

2) Watch the Ankle Joints. It very loose. It's so loose that I fear even a breeze might break it apart. Blame the cheap soft plastic used on it.

Pro :-
The design is cool. That's all.

LordStrike 2009-07-25 21:22

i finally got my MG exia ignition mode today i can wait to finish building my StarGazer so i can finally start to build him XD

Tormenk 2009-07-25 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2538480)
Now that I've manage to get close and personal with a MG Exia, here a (very) brife pro and con comment about it.

Cons :-
1) It's not as good as the Sinanju. You can't even fold the Exia's arms the way you did with the Sinanju because of how the Inner Frame is structured and I had hope Bandai will build the Exia's frame based on technology used on the Sinanju. Might be because Bandai want to rush the Exia out while it's still hot ?

2) Watch the Ankle Joints. It very loose. It's so loose that I fear even a breeze might break it apart. Blame the cheap soft plastic used on it.

Pro :-
The design is cool. That's all.

Figures, the elbow design closely resembles the NG Exia's. Then again Katoki certainly wasn't in charge of this. Or was he?

And as for the ankle joints, anything close to the Unicorn? I heard some Unicorn models had such loose ankles that the kit couldn't stand on its own after a while.

MakubeX2 2009-07-25 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tormenk (Post 2538678)
And as for the ankle joints, anything close to the Unicorn? I heard some Unicorn models had such loose ankles that the kit couldn't stand on its own after a while.

No. The MG Unicorn uses pegs to hold the ankle together, while the Exia uses ball joints. Like I said, Bandai should have use ABS plastic instead of re-using their standard soft PC plastics for it.

LoweGear 2009-07-25 22:59

HLJ images of the complete and painted XN Raiser, including boxart:

furato 2009-07-26 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakakka (Post 2538023)
Can anyone tell me the scale of Gundam Robot Damashii figures?

Around 1/160.

Alexus_Z3 2009-07-26 01:40

no matter how many times I look at it - I just love it especially that GN Buster Sword III:love:

Sworra 2009-07-26 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexus_Z3 (Post 2538914)
no matter how many times I look at it - I just love it especially that GN Buster Sword III:love:

I have to agree. Looks Bad ass.

MakubeX2 2009-07-26 02:49

To bad it will not be a mainstream general release.

But it will not be as hard to get as said a web exclusive. You just have to hop down to your nearest Japanese Bookstore and placed an order for the next issue of Hobby Japan.

And for those who got it, mind telling me does the HG OO manage to stand on it's feet under both the bulk of the XN on it back and the O Raiser on the shoulder ?

Nightwing(T_T) 2009-07-26 03:23

Looks awesome indeed :D

and LOL at the possible variation of MG Exia future release

I always wonder at Bandai decision of releasing Seed MSV like "Seed Vs astray" instead of 00 MSV like this SUPERBIA GN-X

LightningZERO 2009-07-26 04:48

I doubt the Seed VS Astray kits have that many new parts. They are like old parts mashed together

XN Raiser looks good, but I can't paint all the white parts. But this does give me hope that in the new movie, 00 will probably get a new cool Raiser

LordStrike 2009-07-26 08:32

i have a question

ok my MG exia ignition mode is here im almost ready to begin after i finish my StarGazer but i was wondering the Exia repair 2 cape color any one has any tips on how to achieve the color?

Sir Dearka 2009-07-26 08:35

Though i'll surely get the new Hail Buster, I have to admit that the SEED vs Astray line is just too much. I'd prefer them to make something more interesting... like the MGs of the rest of the five from the first SEED. MG Duel, Blitz and Buster... aaah sweet dream...

RedWing 2009-07-26 14:36

Does anyone know where I can get good scans/images of boxarts?

azuma-blade 2009-07-26 15:47

The top view of the XN-Raiser reminds me of Vic-Viper.. :heh::heh:

Patriot's Blade 2009-07-26 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by azuma-blade (Post 2540003)
The top view of the XN-Raiser reminds me of Vic-Viper.. :heh::heh:

i think your right, it does look like the vic-viper somehow :heh:

but can't imagine Saji manly enough to drive that thing unless its Lasse who takes the seat...

atlans89 2009-07-27 03:24

With some similar to the frame structure as Exia, maybe there will be a MG Dynames as well?