AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Chapter 311 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=33200)

Syaoran 2006-06-15 06:51

[Manga] Chapter 311 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members (whoever they are ) will be able to create this thread. (Syaoran got NightWish's authorization to make this week's thread)
Chapter 311: Nicknames

Short Summary:
Sai’s at the library reading books about communication with other people and how to become friends, closing the distance between two individuals… Using –kun and –chan means one is closer to another person.

In the meantime Sakura is looking for a book on medical jutsu and find what she was looking for. Then she notices Sai sitting in a corner of the room reading. Sakura realizes that even Sai is a human being, seeing the books he’s reading.

She tells him she’ll go with Naruto to Kakashi sensei when she’s done at the library and tells Sai it would be nice if he introduced himself since he’s part of the team now.

Naruto is outside sitting on the stairs… recalling what Sasuke had told him about revenge being everything and even wanting to give his body to Orochimaru to get it. Sakura and Sai arrive and she calls Naruto, who looks up.

Naruto ask what’s up and if Sai’s coming too. Sakura tells him she ran into Sai at the library.
Naruto is a little annoyed and tells Sakura he planned to be with her like having a date while going to Kakashi. She replies they’d be studying ninjutsu anyway if they had time.

Naruto doesn’t want to study… She replies one has to train his mind as well and tells him he’s a real baka.

Sai notices Sakura doesn’t address Naruto in a formal way. He then asks if he may join their conversation, but from the other two’s questioning look, he tells them not to mind about it.

Sai tells them about what he read in the book about addressing people like using nicknames and how to become friends. Naruto says he shouldn’t worry about it and that it will come naturally.

Sakura gives him an example about nicknames based on characteristics. Like “Baka Naruto”.
Sakura and Naruto are playing around and Sai’s wondering about it.

They arrive at the hospital to visit Kakashi.
Kakashi looks at Sai and exchanges some words (Nice to meet you…) and then calls Sakura over, asking if Naruto and Sai have been fighting (they’ve marks on their cheeks, probably from Sakura’s Shannaro! tackle)

Sai heard about Kakashi in Root ANBU is certain that Kakashi knows him as well.

Kakashi heard everything about their mission from Yamato, even about Sasuke. Naruto tells him they’ve to hurry now and that he wasn’t strong enough to bring Sasuke back, who became too strong for Naruto.
Sakura tells his growth and speed wasn”t normal and Kakashi says Tsunade thinks he might have used forbidden jutsu or special drug to become like that.

Kakashi says they will get stronger. He has thought about something while at the hospital… A training that can only be done by Naruto and when he succeeds, he’ll surpass Kakashi himself!

monster 2006-06-15 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syaoran
Kakashi says they will get stronger. He has thought about something while at the hospital… A training that can only be done by Naruto and when he succeeds, he’ll surpass Kakashi himself![/I][/INDENT]

I guess Kakashi doesn't think too highly of his Sharingan if he's willing to make a claim like this.

Mirtual 2006-06-15 07:13

Not too special. A lot of talking, but the fans will be happy. Kakashi offered Naruto training and told he that with this special training that only Naruto could do he would surpass Kakashi. Then he said something about them only having to become stronger than Sasuke and from the words he ussed (or at least from what I could understand) it sounds like he thinks it is going to happen. Well, not that I see Sasuke so far above them, but that sure is a topic on its own.

AND WHERE THE HELL WENT THIS "THEY ARE COMING" THING TO? Not that I have a problem with story and character developement or to see them train to get stronger. Actually I like the idea. But why tease us with a sentence like that then?

Justice Knight 2006-06-15 08:06

KAKashi gonna teach naruto his chidori
naruto gonna combine both chidori and rasengan
kakashi gonna teach naruto hirai-shin
naruto gonna become like 4th hokage

Syaoran 2006-06-15 08:12

Does Kakashi know Haraishin no Jutsu O.o ?

Mizuno 2006-06-15 08:13

Sai blushed a lot of times in this chapter. He is like reborn but still has the occasional insults that probably he doesn't realize it. Calling Sakura a hag is suidical. :heh:

Who knows what Kakashi will teach Naruto, should be something that requires a lot of stamina because only Naruto can do it. I guess we should be ready for a "that jutsu no.2".

Akatsuki will probably come for Naruto soon, and he'll get to try out whatever it is on them.

ShikaShika 2006-06-15 08:31

Decent chapter, I really enjoy seeing Sai learning to interact with other people. I guess I was one of the few that never really disliked him. Appearantly the raw provider enjoyed Sai's unintentional insult as much as me, because he named the files after it. :p I just hope whatever Kakashi will teach Naruto won't dissapoint. Less stamina- and more skill-based please. I just hope Sakura won't be left out, I would like to see her train as well, god knows she could use some upgrades.

Zek 2006-06-15 10:03

Well I, for one, am pretty disappointed that Naruto is being put through another training regiment before we even saw what he was really capable of before. Unless of course he really was completely worthless without growing Kyuubi tails, in which case Jiraiya is an awful teacher. What can Kakashi come up with in bed that wouldn't occur to Jiraiya over 2.5 years of training?

kira-sama 2006-06-15 10:31

oh at last we can see kakashi sensei
and for sai i think he really want to be friends with naruto and sakura
too bad this chapter isn't very exciting

Rurouni Zeke 2006-06-15 11:03

It was good to finally see Kakashi again :)

This stuff with Sai is getting too sappy for my tastes.

It's interesting that when Naruto mentioned walking together alone as a date, Sakura just kinda shrugged it off instead of punching Naruto halfway across town like she would have in the past :naughty:

I too am frustrated that Naruto needs more training after 2.5 years of training :eyespin: Gimme a break!

About the "They are coming" thing: the statement at the end (The imposed training... and then Konoha's new calamity!) suggests that it might go down after the training, which means that Akatsuki would attack while Naruto is still there instead of while team 7 is on a mission.

Speaking of which...WTF happened to that mission they were supposed to go on??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zek
What can Kakashi come up with in bed that wouldn't occur to Jiraiya over 2.5 years of training?

Well Kakashi IS a genius and all, and Jiraya really isn't known for being one (just being an amazing ninja in general). Jiraya was only focusing on teaching Naruto to run beatdown with Kyuubi. I'm thinking that whatever Kakashi has in mind can only be taught to Naruto because he's the only one that has the stamina to practice it enough to have it ready in a short period of time.

Hunter 2006-06-15 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zek
Well I, for one, am pretty disappointed that Naruto is being put through another training regiment before we even saw what he was really capable of before. Unless of course he really was completely worthless without growing Kyuubi tails, in which case Jiraiya is an awful teacher. What can Kakashi come up with in bed that wouldn't occur to Jiraiya over 2.5 years of training?

Same here, it's really pathetic if the best Jiraiya could do in 2.5 years was to train Naruto to be a powerfull ticking bomb.
What would be ironic would be that Kakashi found his idea from reading Jiraiya's book.

flexx 2006-06-15 12:24

I don't think, that some of jiraya's perverted techniques would work on sasuke ^^
Kakashi must have something else in his mind...

And perhaps naruto can surpass kakashi but surpassing sasuke... Kakashi hasn't seen what sasuke's now capable of.

Silqthashakka 2006-06-15 12:24

It seemed to me they were invalidating Sasuke's Growth. Drugs?! are you Kidding me?!

Mr. Johnny 5 2006-06-15 12:35

I agree so far only nonsense...

first of all...Sai who knows nothing about emotions starts to SHOW emotions (like blushing, feeling a bit embarasing, feeling shy) though i kinda start to like this sai.

and indeed as discussed.. Jiraiya was at first the greatest sensei...within a short time he learn Naruto awesome and difficult techniques...and within these past 2.5 yrs...he didnt seem to learn a darn thing.

I wonder if they really trained seriously these past 2.5 yrs..

Zek 2006-06-15 12:36

I think Tsunade and Sakura don't know what they're talking about. Why would Sasuke take power-up drugs on a casual day of training and resting in Oro's hideout? And why would Oro give him drugs when he wants to make his body legitimately strong for the transfer process? I can certainly see Sasuke using such things if it meant killing Itachi, but it doesn't make sense for them to be part of his training.

Hunter 2006-06-15 12:44

What are you talking about?
We know that military drugs are used by ninja since the volume 9.
Why Sasuke wouldn't use Kinjutsu on his body and/or drugs during his training? He's got 2 mad scientists to develop stuffs increasing his body capacities and he seeks power no matter what.

It's not a sportive contest, doping and body manipulation are but ninja tools.

ri0 2006-06-15 12:47

I liked this chapter pretty much... Sai's joke and the growth of team spirit seemed pretty realistic. Kakashi was fucking badass and the things Sakura revealed pleased me very much. Sasuke was simply too much of a freak in the recent chapters.

Silqthashakka 2006-06-15 12:51

Well whatever happened, I doubt some drug is going to "teach" you a new jutsu which obviously Sasuke has learned. I think Sakura needs to shut the hell up and train harder!

ri0 2006-06-15 12:54

I could imagine accelerating or stamina/chakra-pushing drugs... dunno what Kabuto is able to do.

Hunter 2006-06-15 13:06

Could be anything. Improved reflexes, resilience or stamina, etc.
We already know drugs stimulating the stamina making the user able to fight restlessly during 3 days and night straight, drugs producing chakra from body fat and blood coagulating drug.
As for jutsu enhancing the body we have Oro sneaky's body and his ability to regenerate could also be part of such kind of jutsu.