AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Web Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Cultivation Chat Group (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=143275)

kazzuya 2016-05-31 02:08

Cultivation Chat Group

Spoiler for Summary:

Xianxia version of Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban

Try this one and its very funny

Riz 2016-05-31 03:38

the last TL is on when 9 thunder fall in neighbour city~
the plot quite good for me in these TLed chapters. cant wait for more~

Rainhawk 2016-05-31 04:21

https://comereadme.wordpress.com/about-ccg/

https://comereadme.wordpress.com/ccgtable-of-contents/

cabman11 2016-05-31 04:55

Wow the Chinese really can't come up with something original

Breidaluk 2016-05-31 09:04

It's kinda funny. The divination chapter was really something.

Namorax 2016-05-31 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabman11 (Post 5863381)
Wow the Chinese really can't come up with something original

Well, americans have their superhero comics, and you can't really say they're innovative either. Dunno about europeans, but I'm sure you can find something equally repetitive.

Also, what will you do if the friendly uncles from the chinese censorship bureau want to talk about your novel? Better play it save....?

SinsI 2016-07-16 12:31

Using MTL caught up to raws. The story changes from 'parody on Xianxia" into "Xianxia comedy". Has some great characters - besides White Senior (who is among the funniest mentor characters in Xianxia), all the rest have their own quirks and agendas that will bite MC's ass:
Spoiler:

One thing I didn't like is the author's self insert.
Spoiler:

"Great Devil Dog" from the synopsis is a quite misfit translation - Azuki Bean Bean is anything but "Great Devil".

Mechatrill 2016-07-16 22:42

The premise of being a Xianxia version of Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban drew me in, but the comedy kept me engrossed enough to burn through all of it.

It's also the first Xianxia novel I've read that is set in modern day rather than some other world too, and I was quite surprised to see that it works so well too (or maybe it's just this one that does it so well).

It's just too bad that the current translation is so slow though... In my opinion, it doesn't really get going until about chapter 31, when Song Shuhan finally stops lurking and start fully participating in the chat group (that's also about when he actually starts cultivating).

Oh, also
Quote:

Originally Posted by SinsI (Post 5899436)
White Senior (who is among the funniest mentor characters in Xianxia)

+1

Rreelentless 2016-07-22 15:09

is that the person who's divination are right in the sense whatever he divines the exact opposite will happen?

SinsI 2016-07-25 09:01

It is, only what he divines is someone's "Luck", and not exact things that are supposed to happen.

GodTurtleOm 2016-07-27 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rreelentless (Post 5904263)
is that the person who's divination are right in the sense whatever he divines the exact opposite will happen?

No, that's "Copper Trigram’s Immortal Master".

White Holiness/Senior:
Spoiler for Some background on White and stuff that he does.:

At first it sounded like this series was just a Chinese take on Hero BBS, but after actually reading it with MTL, I agree that it it's less episodic humor and more a Cultivation-type story with lots of comedy. I vastly prefer it over the other few modern-day cultivation stories that I've seen.

SinsI: I'm not sure if I'd consider the web novelist character to be a complete self-insert, but yeah, it was a bit stupid for that to be Fish Jiaojiao's first idea pick for a screenwriter. I do like that his story ideas paralleled what actually happened to Shuhang.

Also MTL-given names are silly, I'm not sure about most of the ones it comes up with.

More importantly, who's the best girl?
Spoiler for A mostly complete list.:

Mechatrill 2016-07-28 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodTurtleOm (Post 5908647)
No, that's "Copper Trigram’s Immortal Master".

White Holiness/Senior:
Spoiler for Some background on White and stuff that he does.:

At first it sounded like this series was just a Chinese take on Hero BBS, but after actually reading it with MTL, I agree that it it's less episodic humor and more a Cultivation-type story with lots of comedy. I vastly prefer it over the other few modern-day cultivation stories that I've seen.

SinsI: I'm not sure if I'd consider the web novelist character to be a complete self-insert, but yeah, it was a bit stupid for that to be Fish Jiaojiao's first idea pick for a screenwriter. I do like that his story ideas paralleled what actually happened to Shuhang.

Also MTL-given names are silly, I'm not sure about most of the ones it comes up with.

More importantly, who's the best girl?
Spoiler for A mostly complete list.:

Filling in the details as a native Chinese reader:

Elaboration on White Senior and his various hilarious quirks
Spoiler:

On the names, I will note that other than the normal mortals in Shuhang's college/family life, the vast majority of these names are more titles/ranks than actual names. That's something fairly common in the xianxia genre, and they tend to be meaningful in some way or other. Hence the silly MTL.

On the girls: a few notes that may have been missed/misleading due to MTL and the lack of cultural context
Spoiler:

GodTurtleOm 2016-07-28 10:00

Oddly enough, I was able to pick up on almost all those things through the MTL.

Do Mt. Yellow's True Monarch and Soft Feather's father still think Shuhang is gay?

You left out another of White's big features:
Spoiler for Mediation:

Mechatrill 2016-07-28 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodTurtleOm (Post 5908924)
Oddly enough, I was able to pick up on almost all those things through the MTL.

Do Mt. Yellow's True Monarch and Soft Feather's father still think Shuhang is gay?

You left out another of White's big features:
Spoiler for Mediation:

On Shuhang and swords:

This is a problem of incompatibilities in Chinese to English translations, but basically, in Chinese, there are two major words that can be translated to "Sword":

First, you have the "Jian", which is a one-handed dual edged straight sword. Its emphasis is typically on speed and technique, and it's used very commonly as a "gentleman's weapon" in most wuxia and xianxia settings. Shuhang himself has absolutely no talent in it, to his disappointment, since his image of a cultivator is one who uses a Jian.

The second word that can be translated into sword is the "Dao" (quite commonly also translated to sabre in many places), which is a singled edged blade and generally curved (this also extend to all blade of that general shape, including kitchen knives and such). Its emphasis is generally on its strength and weight, and thus is more associated with viciousness and battle lust in most settings. Thus, Shuhang (being a bookworm) is not all that enamored with the image it lends him despite his great talent at it.

Finally, Shuhang did in fact find a sword style that he was able to learn: The holy sword style, which is actually one based on the western long sword/great sword (it was based on a western sword style that a cultivator took and eventually modified). Still not quite a fit with the image Shuhang wants (a scholarly cultivator) through...

SinsI 2016-07-28 17:47

MTL gives "sword" for the first one and "knife" for the second one.

A little question:
Spoiler:

Mechatrill 2016-07-29 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinsI (Post 5909249)
MTL gives "sword" for the first one and "knife" for the second one.

A little question:
Spoiler:

To answer:
Spoiler:

GodTurtleOm 2016-08-24 15:28

Spoiler for Most recent chapter:

I feel like Shuhang is a lot of people's lucky charm at this point, possibly even more so than White.

So nobody in the series actually knows Copper Immortal's true age, gender, or appearance do they?
And even White is puzzled by the mechanism and meaning of Shuhang's dreams, right?

CNine 2017-08-02 01:24

Best modern xianxa
Bloodless checked
Smart villain checked
Gao brother die checked
Three wave disasea which trancending time and space checked
Walking tractor race checked
OP MC checked[his senior is more OP though]
Harem checked but need to make sure
Bullied green onion checked
Slime MC checked
Transformer checked[tractor to barrel]
Planetary war checked
Sea urchin warrior 20 years compulsary education checked
Sea urchin warrior 20 years compulsary education-Deluxe[phosphor for deepsea reading included] checked
Stealing the panty of fairy checked
200 must have survival skills for banshee checked
Luck checked
Comedy checked
4th cosmic velocity helicopter checked
White senior checked
Best modern xianxia true

Any addition?

dragon1412 2017-08-02 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by GodTurtleOm (Post 5930144)
Spoiler for Most recent chapter:

I feel like Shuhang is a lot of people's lucky charm at this point, possibly even more so than White.

So nobody in the series actually knows Copper Immortal's true age, gender, or appearance do they?
And even White is puzzled by the mechanism and meaning of Shuhang's dreams, right?

Shuhang dream is an enigma even as of latest chapter. We only knew that it's some form of special ability, though there seem to be more.
Spoiler for issues of luck:

CNine 2017-08-02 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragon1412 (Post 6117827)
Shuhang dream is an enigma even as of latest chapter. We only knew that it's some form of special ability, though there seem to be more.
Spoiler for issues of luck:

Like when he become target oe Planetary laserbeam which killed him by accident despite being the innocent bystander? Or when he turned into liquid state after using 'steal' to take the pantx of a fairy? Or the Ancient version of three wave?
Spoiler for ultimate defense pose: